Black Holes

Legend Zero

[quote name='â—ŠRenjiâ—Š' timestamp='1323144111' post='5690077']
Black Holes, they are awesome, and so mysterious. Like, what's at the other side? No one knows for sure, but we will try our very best to figure it out.

@JoshIcy: I don't get Supermassive Black Holes, how big do they have to be to be considered "Supermassive"?
[/quote]

Large enough to pull a galaxy into its orbit.

[quote name='Light Υagami' timestamp='1323202578' post='5691039']
I heard. Imagine if one of those came or appeared in our galaxy. Can a Black Hole have the power to rip time and/or space?
[/quote]

no is the simplest answer. Wormholes could. But they don't exist.

Ahh, space, how you always manage to ruin my mind each time I think you were done.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1323202044' post='5691025']
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110612011424/yugioh/images/7/77/DarkHoleTU05-EN-UR-UE.jpg[/img]

Someone had to post it.
[/quote]

What about this?
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp3_a-PMTw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp3_a-PMTw[/url]

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1323203472' post='5691077']
no is the simplest answer. Wormholes could. But they don't exist.

Ahh, space, how you always manage to ruin my mind each time I think you were done.
[/quote]

Ehhh, not saying it could rip up time and space but I do have some evidence. Well science has found Anti-matter. If it comes in contact with matter they both vanish and disappear. Combine that with the fact that there is no time in the center of a black hole... If somehow the black hole's time stopping powers were amplified and say, that it was full of anti-matter. Though almost impossible a vortex with that power could literally rip up time and space. But this will probably never happen.

[quote name='Admiral Tim' timestamp='1323289041' post='5693479']

Ehhh, not saying it could rip up time and space but I do have some evidence. Well science has found Anti-matter. If it comes in contact with matter they both vanish and disappear. Combine that with the fact that there is no time in the center of a black hole... If somehow the black hole's time stopping powers were amplified and say, that it was full of anti-matter. Though almost impossible a vortex with that power could literally rip up time and space. But this will probably never happen.
[/quote]

The anti-matter would react retardedly with all the matter in the universe basically turning the whole universe into energy. That wouldn't actually affect spacetime because space is a completely different thing to matter. To be honest, spacetime only ever folds or distorts when there is matter, so bombing anti-matter everywhere would probably spring clean the universe.

The time theory, I've never heard before which is quite interesting :3

[quote name='â—ŠRenjiâ—Š' timestamp='1323144111' post='5690077']
Black Holes, they are awesome, and so mysterious. Like, what's at the other side? No one knows for sure, but we will try our very best to figure it out.

@JoshIcy: I don't get Supermassive Black Holes, how big do they have to be to be considered "Supermassive"?
[/quote]

Bigger than Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Wait, that's impossible.

I heard. Imagine if one of those came or appeared in our galaxy. Can a Black Hole have the power to rip time and/or space?
[/quote]

They don't rip, they bend.

But, in a way, yes.

[quote name='Death Metal' timestamp='1323319844' post='5694832']
I'd like to see the other side of that hole. Bet it looks impressive.
[/quote]
It's actually very easy to see the other side of a black hole; you don't even need to go around it like you do for normal, smaller-scale objects on Earth. Black holes are massive enough that they bend light, so light from objects on the far side of them that normally couldn't even go near us is bent toward us by the black holes' gravity, allowing us to see them despite the lack of a direct line of sight.

[/quote]No is the answer to that because a black hole IS a rip in space. actually, it's technically a rip in time too. Take physics, it explains it better.

ACTUALLY, find Morgan Freeman's special on the topic. He explains stuff well.

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1323350554' post='5695068']
No is the answer to that because a black hole IS a rip in space. actually, it's technically a rip in time too. Take physics, it explains it better.

ACTUALLY, find Morgan Freeman's special on the topic. He explains stuff well.
[/quote]

It really isn't though ._. It's just highly condensed matter that has exerts so much gravity that it literally pushes the surface of spacetime into a nice little curve.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1323371291' post='5695450']
It really isn't though ._. It's just highly condensed matter that has exerts so much gravity that it literally pushes the surface of spacetime into a nice little curve.
[/quote]No, it's a highly condensed matter that has exerted so much gravity that it literally pushed the surface of space-time into so much of a curve that it actually ripped at the bottom of that curve.

[quote name='Passion Pit' timestamp='1323383378' post='5695873']
No, it's a highly condensed matter that has exerted so much gravity that it literally pushed the surface of space-time into so much of a curve that it actually ripped at the bottom of that curve.
[/quote]

Not really ripped. Just curved by an infinite amount. Basically nearly the same thing, but thought I'd be more specific ;)

Archived