Black Holes

Legend Zero

[quote name='Death Metal' timestamp='1323319844' post='5694832']
I'd like to see the other side of that hole. Bet it looks impressive.
[/quote]

That was an idea I had for the next Pokemon game if they ever come out with it.
I've been intrigued that Arceus has an opposite in a parallel universe beyond a black hole.
Beyond that, if I could miraculously stand in the middle of a black hole and survive, I'd like to try that lazer-pointer experiment where you point it out away from the pressure and it bends back in. Amazing. :3

So how close does a Black Hole have to be to start affecting life on Earth? I'm only asking because I briefly saw an article in one of those magazines you find near the cash registers in stores, that said a Black Hole was discovered inside the Oort Cloud.

I knew it was BS cause the article didn't name any names and the quotes were all followed by the phrase "a source said". Still, it got me wondering.

And I'm tallking your typical stellar black hole, not the supermassive ones.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1323706851' post='5702386']
I've been intrigued that Arceus has an opposite in a parallel universe beyond a black hole.
Beyond that, if I could miraculously stand in the middle of a black hole and survive, I'd like to try that lazer-pointer experiment where you point it out away from the pressure and it bends back in. Amazing. :3
[/quote]

Impossible since any sort of Pokémon god would probably prefer a tropical beach resort anyway.

Oh, and that the other side of a black hole is a white hole fixed at a certain point in spacetime.
[quote name='jabber2033' timestamp='1323837452' post='5705798'] So how close does a Black Hole have to be to start affecting life on Earth? I'm only asking because I briefly saw an article in one of those magazines you find near the cash registers in stores, that said a Black Hole was discovered inside the Oort Cloud. I knew it was BS cause the article didn't name any names and the quotes were all followed by the phrase "a source said". Still, it got me wondering. And I'm tallking your typical stellar black hole, not the supermassive ones. [/quote]

Whenever you're in the orbital field of the black hole obviously.

[quote name='TwinSeed' timestamp='1323839531' post='5705851']
So... is a black hole never-ending?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Brothar' timestamp='1323706851' post='5702386']
[/quote]

Impossible since any sort of Pokémon god would probably prefer a tropical beach resort anyway.

Oh, and that the other side of a black hole is a white hole fixed at a certain point in spacetime.
[quote name='jabber2033' timestamp='1323837452' post='5705798'] So how close does a Black Hole have to be to start affecting life on Earth? I'm only asking because I briefly saw an article in one of those magazines you find near the cash registers in stores, that said a Black Hole was discovered inside the Oort Cloud. I knew it was BS cause the article didn't name any names and the quotes were all followed by the phrase "a source said". Still, it got me wondering. And I'm tallking your typical stellar black hole, not the supermassive ones. [/quote]

Whenever you're in the orbital field of the black hole obviously.

[quote name='TwinSeed' timestamp='1323839531' post='5705851']
So... is a black hole never-ending?
[/quote]

Yes.

Archived