[MUST-READ] Some of you need a reminder

CinnamonStar

[u][size=5]In regards to bacon fights and spam under the guise of mini-roleplaying[/size][/u]
^ Overall issue, relation to particular occasions only serving as an example.

By mini-RPs, I mean essentially this recent trend in C/O:[list]
[*]*snaps bacon and runs away*
[*]haha, u so funny *snatches floor and throws it over the wall of the rehab clinic* *then runs away laughing*
[*]*hugs* nah, don't be mad at him, we still love you, right?
[*]*hugs back*
[/list]
So I talked to Flame Dragon about this a while ago and we're both reminding you all that spam under any form or shape is still not allowed.

Regarding mini-RPs (aka pseudo-RPs centered around battles or comedy), I will close an eye if they:[list]
[*]contribute to the topic and don't stand on their own. If you plan to make a post about your latest YGO dueling experience and want to undermine a point by metaphorically throwing your cards around with joy, there's no harm in doing that.
[*]don't represent the entire consistency of a discussion or page. A whole page of people group-hugging and throwing bacon around will not be accepted under any means.
[/list]
On other words, they are [u]not[/u] going to be allowed if:[list]
[*]they turn into random blurbs
[*]there is virtually no discussion going on anymore, due to the pages only consisting of random chit-chat.
[/list]
Clubs whose point is to make as many posts as possible or that consist solely of mini-roleplaying will have 24 hours to edit their concept.
Failure to join in will result in a lock or a move to Games.
"Decent" RPs will be moved to the RP section.

In addition, keep in mind that this is not MSN, the status bar or the PM system. People come here to share discussions about a common interest.
Any occurence of people mistaking this section for one of the above-mentioned systems will result in a warning depending on the gravity of the spam.

Leaving this open for future editing, feel free to argue with me and whatnot.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Cinnamon Star' timestamp='1331048451' post='5859624']
Edited the OP for more clarity.

It's still beyond my understanding why people tend to think that the rules in C/O are different from any other place on the site.
The site rules apply everywhere, besides Games.
[/quote]

People like to have the most fun where threads are actually limited to friends. So therefore they do all this pic spamming s***. IMO the rule is cool and fair, but the thing you're outlawing is the thing some clubs use to get back alive, and only like a small few clubs post stuff like that indefinitely. It's also has the same chance of working in the end as asking people in TCG to stay on topic.

My 2 cents, being a lurker and not an actual poster. Point out if I said something wrong or in a confusing way.

I'm waiting for a bit more input on this before I rewrite the rules.

The key point is to make sure people are enjoying themselves here while not letting the forum turn into a second Games spamhole.
I can see how *throws bacon around* can revive a topic or make it more lively, but we're not asking people to leave these things out.

Personally I'm against the idea of putting an advanced clause with a minimum of words into C/O and asking people that every post of them should contribute to the global progress of the world. It's a silly idea, sorry.:x

But what we ask is just that people put a bit more content into their posts, leave one-word posts out and bring up a new topic while throwing bacon around, rather than just throwing bacon around and thinking they're done.

It's quite easy and many people have no issue with that, yet I always see these one-line pseudo-RP-only posts flying around.

• 2 weeks later...

Well one thing I see in regard to the 1 word posts is that no one wants to actually post a full answer when the 2 word answer conveys exactly the same thing.

Would you rather type "Who would like to duel on this fine day" or "DN anyone?"

There is also the fact that you pretty much have to trust us to cease the bacon toss after a few posts as opposed to warning everyone, because not many are capable of posting 101% on topic at all times of the day.

Really? How does posting one-liners and virtual-hugging people for over 5 pages turn anything better?

Again, what every section on this site expects you to do is not to stay on topic all the time and make sure that every syllable of your post contributes to the well-being of the world. That's nothing one can expect from people.
But if you've looked a bit around the section and joined some clubs, you'll see that until a short time ago, many clubs were full of one-liners, MSN-style posts and Games posts.

Not on one page, but for some of them, I stopped counting.
That's what [s]we[/s] well, I want to avoid.

As for the DN example, you can see that it works fairly well in the YCM Dueling Network whatever thread and that it's easily possible to have both a dueling event and at least some amount of discussions going on.

Archived