dkates' Create-a-Cards, Part 2: Mechahero

dkates

Mechahero

LIGHT/Machine/Effect

4/1500/1500

Once during your turn, you may place a counter on this card (max 3). This card gains 600 ATK for each counter on it. This card can't attack the turn this effect is used. When this card attacks, remove all counters from this card after damage calculation.

Robobird

WIND/Machine/Effect

1/400/400

This card may attack your opponent directly. When "Mechahero" is on your side of the field, this card cannot be attacked.

Robogirl

LIGHT/Machine/Effect

3/1100/700

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, search your deck for "Robogirl", "Mechahero", "Cyber Canine", "Robobird", or "Enigmabot" and Special Summon the chosen monster in face-up Attack Position.

Cyber Canine

WIND/Machine/Union

3/1400/1400

Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you may equip it to your "Mechahero" as an Equip Card OR change it back to a monster in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, increase the equipped monster's ATK and DEF by 400, and that card may attack your opponent directly. If you do, apply half of the equipped monster's ATK for damage calculation. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle, destroy this card instead.)

Enigmabot

WIND/Machine/Effect

4/1400/2100

When this face-up Attack Position card is attacked, you may change the Battle Position of this card to Defense Position before damage calculation.

Mechavillain

DARK/Machine/Effect

4/1700/1300

Once during your turn, you may place a counter on this card (max 3). This card can't attack the turn this effect is used. This card gains 500 ATK for each counter on it. When this card attacks with any counters on it, remove all counters from this card after damage calculation.

Dark Robocanine

DARK/Machine/Union

3/1500/1300

Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you may equip it to your "Mechavillain" as an Equip Card OR change it back to a monster in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, increase the equipped monster's ATK and DEF by 400, and that monster may attack twice during the same Battle Phase. If you use this effect, the equipped monster cannot attack your opponent directly during this turn. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle, destroy this card instead.)

Robohero's Repair Shop

Field Spell

Once during each player's End Phase, that player may add "Robogirl", "Mechahero", "Enigmabot", "Cyber Canine", or "Robobird" from his or her Graveyard to his or her hand by paying 600 Life Points.

Energy Balancer

Continuous Spell

There is no limit to the number of counters that can be on your "Mechahero" and "Mechavillain". Also, your "Mechahero" and "Mechavillain" can attack on the same turn a counter is placed on them by their own effects.

Robotic Cooperative

Normal Spell

Activate only when you have "Enigmabot" and "Mechahero" on your side of the field. Draw a number of cards equal to the number of monsters you have on the field.

Machine Recycling Center

Field Spell

Once during each player's turn, that player may Tribute one Machine monster in order to choose a Machine monster in his or her graveyard with a Level lower than that of the Tributed monster that can be Normal Summoned, and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position.

Electron Pulse Cannon

Continuous Spell

During each of your Standby Phases, inflict 400 points of damage to your opponent for each Machine-type monster on your side of the field.

Weapon Change - Explosive

Equip Spell

Equip only to "Mechahero", "Enigmabot", or "Mechavillain". Increase the eqiupped monster's ATK by 300. Any monster that battles with the equipped monster is destroyed after damage calculation.

Weapon Change - Slicer

Equip Spell

Equip only to "Mechahero", "Enigmabot", or "Mechavillain". Increase the equipped monster's ATK by 400. The equipped monster inflicts piercing damage.

Weapon Change - Burner

Equip Spell

Equip only to "Mechahero", "Enigmabot", or "Mechavillain". The equipped monster can attack a player directly. If this effect is used, the Battle Damage from the attack is treated as Effect Damage, and the equipped monster cannot attack until the end of its controller's next turn. When the equipped monster battles a monster on your opponent's side of the field, decrease that monster's ATK and DEF by 200.

Weapon Change - Freeze Shot

Equip Spell

Equip only to "Mechahero", "Enigmabot", or "Mechavillain". Once during your Main Phase 1, if you control this card and the equipped monster, you can designate a face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field. The chosen monster cannot attack or change its Battle Position during your opponent's next turn. If you use this effect, the equipped monster cannot attack this turn.

Weapon Change - Spark Gun

Equip Spell

Equip only to "Mechahero" or "Mechavillain". Once per turn, you can remove a counter from the equipped monster in order to destroy a Spell or Trap on the field. The equipped monster cannot attack or activate its effect during the turn this effect is used.

Weapon Change - Cyclone

Equip Spell

Equip only to "Mechahero", "Enigmabot" or "Mechavillain". Increase the equipped monster's ATK by 600. A monster destroyed by the equipped monster in battle is returned to the top of its owner's deck instead of being sent to the graveyard.

Weapon Change - Earthshaker

Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to "Mechahero" or "Mechavillain". During your Main Phase 1 remove all of the counters from the equipped monster and apply the appropriate effect:

- 1 counter removed: Destroy one monster on your opponent's side of the field.

- 2 counters removed: Destroy one card on your opponent's side of the field.

- 3 or more counters removed: Destroy all cards on the field except for the equipped monster.

Regardless of the number of counters removed, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn this effect is activated.

Weapon Change - Darkball

Equip Spell

Equip only to "Mechahero", "Mechavillain" or "Enigmabot". Increase the equipped monster's ATK by 400. Whenever the equipped monster is selected as the target of an attack or your opponent's card effect, toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, negate the attack or card effect.

Robotic Ambush

Normal Trap

Increase the ATK and DEF of all Machine monsters on your side of the field by 200 until the end of this turn. Then, you can choose and activate one of the following effects:

- Put up to two counters onto Machine monsters on your side of the field that can have counters placed on them.

- Remove two counters from Machine monsters on your side of the field in order to destroy one card on the field.

Mechanical Unity

Normal Trap

Select 1 Union monster from your Deck and equip it to an appropriate Machine monster on your side of the field. The Deck is then shuffled.

Program Changer!

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can return an equipped "Weapon Change" Equip Spell from your side of the field to its owner's Deck in order to select a different "Weapon Change" Equip Spell from your Deck and equip it to the same monster. The Deck is then shuffled.

Some notes in closing...

- Yes, this series of cards is based on the Megaman video game series. I made them for a fanfic someone was planning to write; unfortunately, it didn't go anywhere. Later on, I reposted them and changed the names.

- No, Electron Pulse Cannon really doesn't connect to the rest of the group; to be honest, I'm not sure exactly what happened there.

You mean I actually have to read this?!

Well, here is what I would change

Mechahero- Change effect to 300 per counter, add during your Standby Phase, take out the last 2 effects.

Cyber Canine- Take out last 2 Union effects. (attack directly, and half the damage)

Enigmabot- Change DEF to 1800.

Mechavillian- add counter during Standby Phase, Change ATK to 1400, Change effect to 400 per counter.

Dark Robocanine- take out last 2 Union effects. (attack twice and not attack diretly)

Robohero's Repair Shop- Make it a Quick-Play Spell and change text slightly.

Energy Balancer- Take out 2nd effect.

Electron Pulse Cannon- Change damage to 200.

Weapon Change- Slicer- Change text

Weapon Change- Burner- Change last effect to 500.

Robotic Ambush- Take out first effect. (Increase ATK and DEF by 200)

This long list of improvements means that you are an okay thinker. (it is not a bad thing)

You mean I actually have to read this?!

Well' date=' here is what I would change

Mechahero- Change effect to 300 per counter, add during your Standby Phase, take out the last 2 effects.[/quote']

Hm... I'll have to give this further thought from the balance standpoint. For flavor, the effect is modeled after how Mega Man was able to charge his Buster in Mega Man 4 and after; you'd have to take the time to do it, but it significantly increased the power. Once you let off the shot, the built-up power was gone.

Cyber Canine- Take out last 2 Union effects. (attack directly, and half the damage)

No offense, but... with that change, how is it worth it to run Cyber Canine at all? There are far easier ways to give a monster a 400-point boost.

Enigmabot- Change DEF to 1800.

That feels a bit low. Black Stego does the same thing (only without the option to stay in attack position), and it's a 2000-defender.

Mechavillian- add counter during Standby Phase, Change ATK to 1400, Change effect to 400 per counter.

See notes on your suggestion for Mechahero.

Dark Robocanine- take out last 2 Union effects. (attack twice and not attack diretly)

Again, what would be the point of running Dark Robocanine over something like, say, Axe of Despair?

Robohero's Repair Shop- Make it a Quick-Play Spell and change text slightly.

Interesting idea. I'll have to give it further thought.

Energy Balancer- Take out 2nd effect.

Since it would be irrelevant with your suggested changes to Hero and Villain, I see.

Electron Pulse Cannon- Change damage to 200.

Again we run into the whole idea of "what's the point?". Lava Golem burns its controller (usually, your opponent if you're the one using it) for 1000 per Standby with a lot less effort.

Weapon Change- Slicer- Change text

In what manner?

Weapon Change- Burner- Change last effect to 500.

Makes sense. I'm not going to immediately commit myself to making this change, though I must say, it definitely looks like a great idea at first glance.

Robotic Ambush- Take out first effect. (Increase ATK and DEF by 200)

That's there to let the card activate during the Damage Step. ;) However, it really doesn't make much sense to do that, so I probably will drop that effect.

This long list of improvements means that you are an okay thinker. (it is not a bad thing)

Thanks for the in-depth review. I'll give further thought to your suggestions, and we'll see what happens.

Archived