1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• Great idea!
    • Not bad.
    • Eh....I'm indifferent.
    • I don't think it's such a good idea.
    • No way! This plan sucks!
    • I'm confused.

You think it could be possible if there was a way to have some sort of a "rep ban?" Like, if someone rep spams (or scams) too much, you could take away their repping privelages (either temporarily or permanently). For those people who continuously +/- rep for retarded reasons (B7hamma, I'm looking at you.). I know we have a "rep complaint" thread, but we know that the mods can't always be around. It's just a small way to keep this forum in slightly better shape.

Personally I think that the moderators and the admins should be the ones doing the reps, not the members themselves.

All you have to do is p*** someone off enough and they'll neg rep you for everything you do.

The rep system shouldn't even be set up period. It has no basis for reasoning in here, as it is completely up to the mods and admins on whether or not someone is banned. They should be paying attention to their members and keeping track of who has to be continually warned about spamming, flaming, etc. And they should be the ones to take the action.

Members really should have almost no say in the matter, unless they are notifying the mods and admins of problems that are arising with certain members. Then the mods and admins can look into it and make the decisions themselves.

But you're not giving a reason as to why it won't work. You're just saying that members shouldn't be the ones to give reps. That isn't a reason for why it wouldn't work. It's like saying "Having a police officer wouldn't work because people shouldn't be commiting crime."

Archived