Gladiators of Solana: The Ratchet & Clank Fan Club

Phantom Roxas

[center][IMG]http://media.pgrevolution.com/images/general/ratchet_clank_logo.jpg[/IMG][/center]

I am sure many of you have heard of this PlayStation series. Created by the makers of Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank quickly became one of the premiere platforming games for the PlayStation 2, and eventually Insomniac's flagship series. This club is dedicated to celebrating the franchise and its creator, as well as to serve as a place to organize co-op play in the most recent installment, All 4 One.

[b][u]Application:[/u][/b]
PSN ID:
Favorite installment:
Favorite character:
How you got into the series:

[b][u]My application:[/u][/b]
PSN ID: Phantom_Roxas
Favorite installment: A Crack in Time
Favorite character: Clank
How you got into the series: A friend of mine in had the game, and I played the game at another friend's house. I found the game interesting, so I decided to get the game. I beat it over the course of a week, and immediately got Going Commando. I have all games in the series, although I am said to admit that it usually took me a while to get a game almost every time one came out, although I have finally caught up by picking up All 4 One on its release date.

[center][spoiler=Members]Phantom Roxas (Phantom_Roxas)
Wrairth (Scorn9)
CM Renji (Lt_Renji_Abarai)
Kashiwazaki Sena (BurningCyan)
Admiral Time (Major-Blazer)[/spoiler][/center]

PSN ID: Scorn9
Favorite installment: Tools of Destruction
Favorite character: Ratchet
How you got into the series: Tools of Destruction

In all honesty, I've only played one game. But I loved it. Felt like I was in a Pixar movie.

Do I need to have All 4 One to join? If not, then here's my app:

PSN ID: Lt_Renji_Abarai
Favorite installment: Up your Arsenal
Favorite character: Ratchet
How you got into the series: Got Going Commando when I was younger, and loved it. So my parents got me a few more Ratchet & Clank games. As of now, I have 5.

PSN ID: BurningCyan
Favorite installment: Locked & Loaded (I think it's called Going Commando in the US)
[spoiler=Favorite character:]The Plumber.
[IMG]http://en.ratchet-galaxy.com/images/rac1/personnages/Plombier.png[/IMG]
[/spoiler]
How you got into the series: I honestly can't remember. I played it when I was a lot younger, and I can't remember anything from back then.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1328074565' post='5793371']
The Plumber is absolutely hilarious. Definitely one of my favorite recurring joke characters in anything.

Fun fact: Clank is voiced by [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kaye"]David Kaye[/url], who voiced the Beast series Megatron as well as in Armada, Energon, and Cybertron.
[/quote]
I love the Mario reference in A Crack in Time.

That man's a machine.
[s]Aren't my jokes funny?[/s]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1329261029' post='5817057']
Since the Jak and Daxter Collection came out a week ago, is anyone expecting a Ratchet & Clank Collection later this year?
[/quote]
I'm not sure. It's very possible though.

If there is going to be a Ratchet & Clank Collection, I'm pretty sure it's going to only include the latest few games. I doubt they'll add the original, Commando etc. in this collection unless they've upped the graphics and stuff on them.

It actually would be from the PS2 games, since that's why these HD collections have been doing: Taking old PS2 classics and improving the graphics, then collecting them for a PS3 game. Since the collections have had at most three games in them, the Ratchet & Clank Collection would go up to the Up Your Arsenal, which is my favorite of the PS2 games anyway. Unfortunately, I'm uncertain if they would include Deadlocked, but they might be able to if they have enough room. If not, they we can always hope for a second collection with Deadlock, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank.

I have been thinking about what they'll do with the newer games due to my obsession with definitive collections. If they're going to collect the newer games, they would do Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and A Crack in Time. Whether or not we get more Ratchet & Clank games for the PS3 is hard to tell, but Insomniac only did four games last generation. Perhaps we'll see one more game before the PS4 is released, but that will be it. We know some other developer (I'm expecting Nihilistic) would handle the collection, but from what I've read on the PlayStation Blog prior to the Jak and Daxter Collection's release, Naughty Dog still worked with Mass Media on it, so Insomniac might be somewhat busy with the collection, and they also have the upcoming awesomeness that is Overstrike to work on.

It's the tenth anniversary of the series, so I think this is as good an opportunity as any, and a member of Insomniac has shown interest in it. Apparently it's Sony's call, though, but considering how Insomniac has been one of their biggest third-party developers, it would seem like a good idea to give their series a collection this year.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1329291223' post='5817855']
It actually would be from the PS2 games, since that's why these HD collections have been doing: Taking old PS2 classics and improving the graphics, then collecting them for a PS3 game. Since the collections have had at most three games in them, the Ratchet & Clank Collection would go up to the Up Your Arsenal, which is my favorite of the PS2 games anyway. Unfortunately, I'm uncertain if they would include Deadlocked, but they might be able to if they have enough room. If not, they we can always hope for a second collection with Deadlock, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank.

I have been thinking about what they'll do with the newer games due to my obsession with definitive collections. If they're going to collect the newer games, they would do Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and A Crack in Time. Whether or not we get more Ratchet & Clank games for the PS3 is hard to tell, but Insomniac only did four games last generation. Perhaps we'll see one more game before the PS4 is released, but that will be it. We know some other developer (I'm expecting Nihilistic) would handle the collection, but from what I've read on the PlayStation Blog prior to the Jak and Daxter Collection's release, Naughty Dog still worked with Mass Media on it, so Insomniac might be somewhat busy with the collection, and they also have the upcoming awesomeness that is Overstrike to work on.

It's the tenth anniversary of the series, so I think this is as good an opportunity as any, and a member of Insomniac has shown interest in it. Apparently it's Sony's call, though, but considering how Insomniac has been one of their biggest third-party developers, it would seem like a good idea to give their series a collection this year.
[/quote]
Personally, I'm still sticking with my lesser quality PS2 version if they release the original 3 on PS3.

After All 4 One, I doubt we'll see another PS3 installment. But that makes me wonder what Insomniac might give us for the PS4. If they do make a R&C for the PS4, I wonder how much it could improve from some of the latter games.

All of my PS2 R&C games have a horrible lag when I play them on my PS3, which is especially odd considering that it's the only games I have found this problem with, and I've seen someone else comment on having the same problem, so if I want to fully enjoy the games again, I actually need to get the collection.

Insomniac would likely be one of the first developers that Sony gives development kits for the PS4 to. As long as it's a return to the classic formula, I'm okay with that. Maybe make it more like Up Your Arsenal or A Crack in Time instead of waiting for the third game on the system to do that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived