Wave_Sine

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I like your card idea's, only a few of them are broken, and they fit the characters quite well.

Also I'm glad to see someone else here liked the Boktai games, like Boktai, my favorite game series Megaman Battle Network which as you know had crossover titles with Boktai was also very underappreciated.

Do you plan to make Lunar Knight cards too? I definitely think that would be a good idea for a card set.

Here are some critiques I made:

If Master Otenko would be used in a deck, he would definitely have to be limited to 1, also he should only target 1 light monster on the field, instead of every light monster on your side of the field, otherwise he would be broken as a card that can be activated from the hand.

Moon Beauty Sabata should maybe just be a Dark Monster, I don't see why he needs to say "This card is not treated as "Earth" element."

I like your "Gun Del Sol, Gun Del Hell" cards, they're very unique, and gives specific reasons to using Django/Sabata.

I don't think having 7 different "Lens" card is a good idea, it's too specific. If you have a deck of 40 cards, and happen to get one of your three "Gun Del Sol" cards, then you won't want to have different Len's cards just for your 3 copies of Gun Del Sol. If I were you, I would have have 1 "Lens" card that changes the enemy type to "Dark" so the effect of Gun Del Sol works on that monster.

Advanced Piledriver has WAY too many requirements, and is a little too cheap. Maybe knock off some requirements of the card, and don't give 1000 attack, and just 500 attack instead.

Eartly Maiden's effect should say "If there is no equip card on the field, this card gains 500 attack." to be better balanced, and have 1600 base attack instead.

Iron Golem Muspell badly needs to be balanced better.

A few cards such as "Count's Decoy", and "Banshee The Dark Camilla" should have shorter effects, and worded better. Also your "Count of Groundsoaking Blood" should just be called "The Count" I'll give you an example:

Instead of this for Count's Decoy (What you have):

"This face up card is treated as being named "Count of Groundsoaking Blood". If a face-up "Count of Groundsoaking Blood" that you control would be destroyed by a card effect: You can discard this card; negate the activation and effect of the card and destroy it. When this card battles an opponent's attacking LIGHT or Fairy-Type monster: Halve this card's ATK and DEF until the End Phase."

It should be this instead:

"This card's name is always treated as "The Count". When a face-up "The Count" would be destroyed by a card effect, send this card from your hand to the graveyard to negate its activation and destroy it. This card's attack and defense are halved when it battles a Light or Fairy-type monster."

That's a lot to swallow for right now. I hope these critiques are good enough for now.

Lunar Knights/Boktai DS is definitely being considered.

About the Lenses, this is about as many cards as are in a standard 'set' of cards that could be in TCG booster packs, and there has to be pack filler, right? And the lenses basically work in the same way as in the games, or at least as close as possible. If I built a "Boktai Good Guys" deck, I wouldn't run every lens, maybe just 1-2 copies of one and have 1-2 of a couple others Sided, to better adapt. "Warehouse Caretaker Sumiere" also exists to help the consistency of the lenses.

Advanced Piledriver only gives the ATK boost if it's activated from the Deck by its own effect. It can be played normally from the hand without using its effect, and then it's similar to a Lux Cannon (MTG card). The conditions for its activation from the Deck and the conditions for its other effect are also mostly based on how things worked in the games.

Both Moon Beauty Sabata and Moon Beauty Mani are supposed to be treated as having no Attribute, like the Clear monsters from Yugioh GX anime season 4. The "Luna" element from Boktai has always struck me as being a lack of element rather than its own thing.

I'll concede that Lita's ATK should have been lower, but her effect seems fine as-is if I do lower the base ATK; once again, as much flavor as possible without really breaking the cards or making them too weak.

What needs to be fixed about Muspell? It sounds like you think it's too powerful, but weren't specific.

As far as I've been able to tell, the way that "Count's Decoy" and "Banshee the Deathbringer Carmilla" are worded is correct for the New OCG, or what Konami has called "Problem-Solving Card Text". "Count's Decoy" specifically is worded the way it is to allow use of 3 "Count of Groundsoaking Blood" and 3 of itself in the Main Deck or Side Deck. Your 'fix' makes the pair become like the "Harpy Lady" series, while the current wording is more like "Proto-Cyber Dragon" and "Cyber Dragon".

While you have a point about "Count of Goundsoaking Blood"'s name (in that the character's Japanese name, "Hakushaku", would literally translate as "Count" or "The Count"), the name used in the English version of Boktai 1 and the English patch of Boktai 3 was "Count for Groundsoaking Blood", which also sounds a bit more intimidating and less generic than simply "The Count".

Archived