Wave_Sine

[quote]
Lunar Knights/Boktai DS is definitely being considered.

About the Lenses, this is about as many cards as are in a standard 'set' of cards that could be in TCG booster packs, and there has to be pack filler, right? And the lenses basically work in the same way as in the games, or at least as close as possible. If I built a "Boktai Good Guys" deck, I wouldn't run every lens, maybe just 1-2 copies of one and have 1-2 of a couple others Sided, to better adapt. "Warehouse Caretaker Sumiere" also exists to help the consistency of the lenses.[/quote]

Yes it's filler, but it's not good filler. Even the bad cards in each set feel somewhat useful in various scenario's. With these lenses, it's too situational to be even remotely recommended. Think of Jinzo, with Amplifier. No one uses Amplifier anymore, but Jinzo is still used in a few decks these days. Maybe if the Len's worked on "all Wind monsters", "All Fire Monsters", etc, and worked with both Gun Del Hell, and Gun Del Sol, they would be significantly better. If people used Gun Del Sol in a deck, they would just use DNA surgery instead of even considering using any of those Lens cards.

[quote]Advanced Piledriver only gives the ATK boost if it's activated from the Deck by its own effect. It can be played normally from the hand without using its effect, and then it's similar to a Lux Cannon (MTG card). The conditions for its activation from the Deck and the conditions for its other effect are also mostly based on how things worked in the games.[/quote]

Perhaps it's not as cheap as I thought, although its requirements are a little steep still. Then again Shooting Star Quasar Dragon requirements were crazy as well, and people still use him.

[quote]Both Moon Beauty Sabata and Moon Beauty Mani are supposed to be treated as having no Attribute, like the Clear monsters from Yugioh GX anime season 4. The "Luna" element from Boktai has always struck me as being a lack of element rather than its own thing.

I'll concede that Lita's ATK should have been lower, but her effect seems fine as-is if I do lower the base ATK; once again, as much flavor as possible without really breaking the cards or making them too weak.[/quote]

You could make them with the element "Wind", an element that is unrelated to "Light" and "Dark", it would fix the problem altogether in my mind. You are trying to emphasize he's not like Sabata, Django, and the other cards Dark/Light cards in the set.

[quote]What needs to be fixed about Muspell? It sounds like you think it's too powerful, but weren't specific.[/quote]

The 3500 defense, it shouldn't be any higher than 2500 with his effect. I know you are trying to emphasize "Your opponent should not attack this card." But if you combined Muspell with staunch defender,, or with defense boosting cards, that card would become beyond broken.

[quote]As far as I've been able to tell, the way that "Count's Decoy" and "Banshee the Deathbringer Carmilla" are worded is correct for the New OCG, or what Konami has called "Problem-Solving Card Text". "Count's Decoy" specifically is worded the way it is to allow use of 3 "Count of Groundsoaking Blood" and 3 of itself in the Main Deck or Side Deck. Your 'fix' makes the pair become like the "Harpy Lady" series, while the current wording is more like "Proto-Cyber Dragon" and "Cyber Dragon".

While you have a point about "Count of Goundsoaking Blood"'s name (in that the character's Japanese name, "Hakushaku", would literally translate as "Count" or "The Count"), the name used in the English version of Boktai 1 and the English patch of Boktai 3 was "Count for Groundsoaking Blood", which also sounds a bit more intimidating and less generic than simply "The Count".[/quote]

That's fair enough about the "Proto Cyber Dragon" text, but what about how the "negate the card effect part of it", my version definitetly uses less text, and especially my change regarding the "halving the attack and defense" of the card.

"The Count" is just as threatening as"Count of Groundsoaking Blood", when you look at the card's artwork. It saves a ton of room on each of your descriptions as well. Just for extra persuation, everyone I knew who played Megaman Battle Network 6 always refered to him as "The Count", rather than "Count of Groundsoaking Blood".

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Alpha9630' timestamp='1336433895' post='5934633']
Yes it's filler, but it's not good filler. Even the bad cards in each set feel somewhat useful in various scenario's. With these lenses, it's too situational to be even remotely recommended.
[/quote]

While I realize that Konami is not the best example of how to design bad cards, these are all less usable than the Lenses:
[url='http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cold_Shiver']Cold Shiver[/url]
[url='http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Localized_Tornado']Localized Tornado[/url]
[url='http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Petit_Moth']Petit Moth[/url]

Also, if I had [i]really[/i] needed 'pack filler', I'd have made all of the frames for the Gun Del Sol. As is, this unfortunately was the best way to make then cards work like in the games.

You could make them with the element "Wind", an element that is unrelated to "Light" and "Dark", it would fix the problem altogether in my mind. You are trying to emphasize he's not like Sabata, Django, and the other cards Dark/Light cards in the set.[/quote]

Wind equates to Cloud element, and therefore wouldn't really work well. While LIGHT and DARK are the main foci of the set, the other element get some attention as well. Having the Moon Beauties be "Clear" fits with how Luna tends to be the least useful element in-game, and also with the "Moon Paradise" field spell in the set.

That's fair enough about the "Proto Cyber Dragon" text, but what about how the "negate the card effect part of it", my version definitetly uses less text, and especially my change regarding the "halving the attack and defense" of the card.[/quote]

Wasn't saying your version didn't use less text. I was saying that the text as-is, though long and convoluted, is closer to the [url='http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text']Problem-Solving Card Text[/url] that Konami recently(e.g. a year ago) introduced.

"The Count" is just as threatening as"Count of Groundsoaking Blood", when you look at the card's artwork. It saves a ton of room on each of your descriptions as well. Just for extra persuation, everyone I knew who played Megaman Battle Network 6 always refered to him as "The Count", rather than "Count of Groundsoaking Blood". [/quote]
Once again, while "The Count" is how he's most often referred to, "Count of Groundsoaking Blood" is his full title in the English version. It's the same reason "Earthly Maiden Lita" and "Sunflower Girl Zazie" aren't just "Lita" and "Zazie" respectively; their first names are how they're commonly referred to and the card names are their full titles. About saving space in the text box, MSE is better about it than YCM, and only 2-6 of the cards in the set [i]really[/i] are unreadable.

I love you cards. They all look great

I use to love playing the games till I almost died playing them. A most people know you need either a UV Light or Real Sun light to play 1 2 and 3 well I was at Jormungandr and it was the middle of Jan with snow all on the ground. and I did not have a UV Light so I was having to use real sun light to play it. I end up in bed for 2 weeks because of the frezing weather and my stuipied for playing the game in the Winter . Who in there right mind would get a kid a game that requires Sun light to play for X-mas? I end up beatting the game but it also almost cost me my life. Never again. I put the game up. I say I would not play it again for a long long time. That was over 3 years ago. I have still not turn it back on yet

Archived