2 x Cloak and Dagger

1 x Torrential Tribute

3 x Pulling the Rug

2 x Prohibition

1 x Trap Dustshoot

2 x Mask of Restrict

3 x Des Wombat

1 x Snatch Steal

This is the result of tonnes of test duels. The point is that the Spell and Trap lineup (accompanied by the sideboard) accomplish two feats:

* Notice I have only 13 monsters. This is offset by FIVE search cards (excluding Stratos), and nine revivers (Warrior Returning Alive, Elemental Hero Ocean and Hero City), so I will always have something. This deck has a LOT of good cards you can topdeck, comparitive to the other kinds of decks (particularly Monarchs) out there.

* It forbids my opponent use of cards. Prohibition stops key cards in the opponents' deck, D.D. Designator can kill Frogs, Mask of Restrict and Rivalry of Warlords also really put the hurt on Monarchs. Cloak'ing a Treeborn Frog can make a Monarch player beg (it can also hamper a DDT'ist), Torrential's there for some backup against rarer decks. TRAP DUSTSHOOT is a horrible card to go against, especially if I happen to have a set Mind Crush and a D.D. Designator in-hand. The hand killing begins to rack up, and this is aided by good ol' Confiscation, which, with a good chain, can really nail an opponents' hand. Trap Dustshoot I pack in triples for good reason.

The Monsters:

The monsters I picked after some careful deliberation. They obviously had to be themed (I had 18 Spells and Traps before I'd picked a monster lineup). Seeing as Warriors have the most support, I chose E-Heroes, and there are five key reasons why: they're named "E - Emergency Call", "Elemental Hero Stratos", "Elemental Hero Wildheart", "Elemental Hero Ocean" and finally, "Skyscraper 2 - Hero City". The average run-of-the-mill Skyscraper does not work in this deck. Its' not beatdown. Its' a semi-swarm. Snipe Hunters' great for getting rid of junk in the hand and is also anti-lockdown material. Neo-Spacian Grand Mole is just brutal. 'Nuff said.

Cards that didn't make the cut:

E-Hero Fusions: This is not a fusion deck. No fusions here.

Sangan: Too slow. This is a swarming deck (points to Stratos). I have five spells to do his job, they do it faster, plus he doesn't search the key.

Skyscraper: This ain't beatdown. It's a carefully toned swarm-counter Meta deck.

So, what do you think? Rates and fixes please...

I find that rating a little harsh

there might be some rough edges to this deck, but nothing that would call for a 3/10.

Just because some of the cards aren't commonplace within the top 8's Deck List, doesn't mean they don't have potential.

Archived