Crazy Unit - X [YCM's Call of Duty Clan]

Agro

[quote name='Mako † CRUX' timestamp='1355787983' post='6096250']
I already did.

What you need is Long barrel and Laser sight, like EVERY OTHER SHOTGUN. Then it becomes a bonefide killing machine, granted you understand the concept of bob and weave.
[/quote]
The range is still terribad, and most of my deaths with it were turning the mag in the middle of a gunfight. I might try it again, but it won't be for a while because I just prestiged.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to time it better. NEVER count on range when using a shotgun, aside from the KSG.

Why? BECAUSE IT'S A SHOTGUN, NOT A BLOODY RIFLE. Get as CLOSE as you can to the enemy before pulling the trigger, and stay close to the CQC areas on each and every map.

Not trying to be hostile, but I hate it when people dismiss a gun as garbage after using it ONCE. All guns have their own feel ('cept the SMGs; copy paste copy paste), and it takes a while to get used to it.

So I started playing yesterday. Yippee.

Played with Larry a few games, but jsuk, my mic isn't with me so I won't be using it all break (that means through the 20th of January). Also, idk why, but my KDR was up near 2 until Larry showed up. Then like everything went wrong. Thankfully I pulled it back together to go even in the second half of that domination game.

So to start, there's one thing I like and another I dislike.
Like: frag grenades kill people again. Did they increase the range?
Dislike: knife. WHY DON'T YOU KILL PEOPLE?!

People. Tell me what guns to use.

LMG + Variable Zoom = "HACKER YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT SCOPE ON THAT GUN"

It's hard to manage the kick, but so fulfilling once you get the final kill with it and everyone just goes "...What?"

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1356299188' post='6100329']
If you favor LMGs, go with the HAMR, but if you prefer SMGs, either the M8A1, the Chicom, or another which I forgot the name of...The MP[Insert correct number here].

Other than that, I can't help you with guns since I haven't started playing, which annoys the hell out of me.
[/quote]

M8A1 is an Assault Rifle. And you're thinking of the MP7.

Preferred AR: M8A1 with Select Fire and Adjustable Stock.
SMG: PDW with Long Barrel and Fast Mag
LMG: LSAT/HAMR with Variable Zoom, Grip, and Quickgrip or whatever it's called
Sniper: Ballista with Iron Sights and Extended Mag
Shotgun: S12 with Long Barrel and Laser Sight

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1356293030' post='6100233']
So I started playing yesterday. Yippee.

Played with Larry a few games, but jsuk, my mic isn't with me so I won't be using it all break (that means through the 20th of January). Also, idk why, but my KDR was up near 2 until Larry showed up. Then like everything went wrong. Thankfully I pulled it back together to go even in the second half of that domination game.

So to start, there's one thing I like and another I dislike.
Like: frag grenades kill people again. Did they increase the range?
Dislike: knife. WHY DON'T YOU KILL PEOPLE?!

People. Tell me what guns to use.
[/quote]
You probably started doing worse because me joining your party attracted better players, since you were such a low level. I started tearing s**t up once I joined you. I feel the same way when I play with Mako. Skill based matchmaking just f**ks with people like that.

As for guns to use, I prefer MSMC or MP7 for an SMG, and MTAR or AN-94 for an AR. Chicom and M8A1 are great if you like burst weapons. SMGs are by far top dog, you will be outplayed if you use anything else on most maps. As for LMGs and snipers, I'm really not that type of player. Right now, my top 5 weapons are MTAR, MP7, AN-94, MSMC, and PDW-57. Also, try not to knife. Ever.

Some more tips:
Silencers will be your BFFs.
If you're going to be daring and use an AR, I HIGHLY recommend you use either Stock or Quickdraw, or else you will have a very hard time against SMGs.
For perks, I use Flak Jacket for slot 1, Toughness for slot 2, and Dexterity + Tactical Mask for slot 3. Flak Jacket saves my ass countless times when I try to cap flags, and if you don't use T. Mask, you'll get f**ked by Shock Charges. Toughness and Dexterity will help you have an advantage in 1 on 1 gunfights, which I find harder to win in this game.

AR Setups:
MTAR Suppressor + Quickdraw
AN-94 Foregrip + Quickdraw

SMG Setups:
MP7 Suppressor + Foregrip
MSMC Suppressor + Fast Mag

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1356409778' post='6101486']
I currently run around with either the second sniper, the MP7, or the first AR

Everything is already silenced.

Stabbing is bullshit.

Adjustable stock and any sights suck (except for the one that locks on. That's pretty cool)
[/quote]
Try the MSMC when you get it. The thing is ridiculous, it's like the UMP from MW2. It's just as good as the MP7, maybe even slightly better. I think you get it at 28 or something around there.
So I'm going to try to go for my first gold gun, the MTAR. Already have Ronin and Skulls, and I'm almost done with Carbon Fiber. Art of War is going to be painful.

ALSO, WHO'S READY FOR DEM CHRISTMAS NOOBS

[quote name='Archbaron Larry' timestamp='1356411293' post='6101495']
Try the MSMC when you get it. The thing is ridiculous, it's like the UMP from MW2. It's just as good as the MP7, maybe even slightly better. I think you get it at 28 or something around there.
So I'm going to try to go for my first gold gun, the MTAR. Already have Ronin and Skulls, and I'm almost done with Carbon Fiber. Art of War is going to be painful.

ALSO, WHO'S READY FOR DEM CHRISTMAS NOOBS
[/quote]I already have it then, I'm at 30.

And idk if I'll play on Christmas. Depends on if I have time.

Also, I hate the ship level. It's horrible for Domination :<

[quote name='Mako † CRUX' timestamp='1356418515' post='6101541']
LMGs are completely outclassed by everything, and it gets on my nerves since I like using them.

I have so much trouble since I refuse to run with silencers AND SMGs. I hope I do better tomorrow.
[/quote]
If you actually used Silenced SMGs you'd probably run a 2.5 KD. Maybe even higher. I probably won't get on today either, I'll save my Christmas noob slaughter for tomorrow.

I REALLY like putting everything behind an AR. It feels so powerful when you do.

So I have 3 classes that are like that.

1 backs up an AR
1 backs up a pistol
And 1 has no primary or secondary weapons and just runs all greeds and a combat axe.

All I do is stab and take weapons off the enemy. Which is funny because I still topped the leaderboards with it when all 3 of us played together the last time I was on.

Archived