Dudes Watch this and spread it like wildefire please

Lord Metallium

[quote name='Cronus' timestamp='1331181141' post='5861696']
You know who said those words? People who used religion as a catalyst for murder. Joke or not I really don't care, I am just pointing that out.
[/quote]
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. But he should probably put in prison, or given a slap on the wrist, or something.

Also see my above post.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1331181298' post='5861698']
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. But he should probably put in prison, or given a slap on the wrist, or something.

Also see my above post.
[/quote]
Okay why can't you just say "I don't like this guy" instead of making useless euphemisms about it.

I don't like this guy but if people rely wanted to help they would have done something sooner. He has been doing this for a while now and people only want to help becuase someone made a youtube video about it. Not to sound incinssitive but there is so much else going on in the world that this is just a major minor thing. Right now I would rather help the Albinos babies in Africa who get limbs chopped off infront of family and more importantly their mothers. While their mothers can't even help them becuase its the government there thats doing it. This guy IS bad but people didn't even care or know untill that video. So if that video never came out you would still be in the dark about it.

People never for the life of them gave two sh*ts about whats going on. Nobody ever wakes up in the morning wondering what the hell is going on in Africa today. No. They sit on their *ss waiting for another tragedy to happen so they can repost about it on Tumblr and feel like they accomplished something when they didn't. Had this tragedy never come to light nobody would do a damn thing. There had been sources and evidence being brought to light about Kony's reign of terror but nobody said a damn word until someone reposted it on facebook so they could be a little "activist" about it. Nobody really cares, nobody did sh*t about Rwanda until the movie came out and nobody is doing crap about Darfur. Well there is a movement but it is miniscule compared to most imho. I dislike it when people get all high and mighty about things they don't know anything about. The video was outdated and NOW it gets popular? Really shows you how much we really care huh? While people die and get their children indoctrinated by an idiotic christian with fascist ideals, we sit on our *ss discussing it like Congress. We don't care, we never cared. We just waited for the next tragedy to be outspoken about so we could feel like the good guys. Selfish little dumb teenagers ranting on Facebook about something they no little to nothing about. They don't care. They never cared. And I would be lying if I said I did care. I don't. I can't. I love humanity and it pains me to think of people dying but I live to much a priviledged life to fully understand what the victims are going through and I can be a little activist all I want but until I can get my facts straight I don't care. This entire fad has truly become nothing but a waste of my time considering information has been scattered telling one story after another. We all sit on our butts waiting for some genocide, or some war, or some political uprising to feel infuriated about. Why? I have no idea. Maybe its because we are cynical of the world and feel it constantly needs protection but we are to lazy to go looking for it. Or maybe we just want to feel like we are part of something important because we as individuals feel so alone? No that couldn't be it.

Well, two hours ago, I made a status of Facebook saying "Who the f*ck is Kony?", my friend posted the video as a comment, I was thinking it was a presidential candidate that I've never heard of running for position with the whole "Kony 2012" thing. I watched the video, went out and smoked a cigarette and decided to do something. I have a $20 recurring donation that I made literally 15 minutes ago.

I felt ignorant not knowing of this situation some 7 years ago, but now that I do in fact know about it, I feel like I have a moral obligation that I need to achieve, and I feel damn proud of it. This kind of thing really needs to come to an end and those children need to be saved.

Though, there's one thing I had a problem with from the documentary. Even though Kony abducts these young children just so he can have some sort of greater power, I feel like there's more to it, something even more devious than we perceive it to be, and that's why I feel more of an obligation to take this man out of commission. Even though these children's lives will never be the same, (for some of them being told to kill their parents), I think that they're better off without a gun in their hand, or as being sex slaves.

Let's keep making a move, get this man known to everyone. YCM, I think we can take him out.

[quote name='Finding The Everlight' timestamp='1331194408' post='5861779']
Well, two hours ago, I made a status of Facebook saying "Who the f*ck is Kony?", my friend posted the video as a comment, I was thinking it was a presidential candidate that I've never heard of running for position with the whole "Kony 2012" thing. I watched the video, went out and smoked a cigarette and decided to do something. I have a $20 recurring donation that I made literally 15 minutes ago.

I felt ignorant not knowing of this situation some 7 years ago, but now that I do in fact know about it, I feel like I have a moral obligation that I need to achieve, and I feel damn proud of it. This kind of thing really needs to come to an end and those children need to be saved.

Though, there's one thing I had a problem with from the documentary. Even though Kony abducts these young children just so he can have some sort of greater power, I feel like there's more to it, something even more devious than we perceive it to be, and that's why I feel more of an obligation to take this man out of commission. Even though these children's lives will never be the same, (for some of them being told to kill their parents), I think that they're better off without a gun in their hand, or as being sex slaves.

Let's keep making a move, get this man known to everyone. YCM, I think we can take him out.
[/quote]
Hes dying, starving to be exact and has been practically driven out of everywhere *Except the Congo*

You want to present your moral obligation somewhere? How about Darfur? Syria? I mean we all knew what was going on in Syria y'know with people being shot and massacred on TV and all. Russia? Nobody wants to do a thing about the corrupt Vladimir Putin sitting in office right now. Let me think... OOH! How about Iran? Where we have a nuclear phsycho wanting to intimidate everyone around him? Did you know in Africa slavery is legal? Oh wait nobody has posted an outdated video yet so it probably does not matter. Compared to the above, Kony is nothing but a carebear.

[quote name='Cronus' timestamp='1331195223' post='5861782']
Hes dying, starving to be exact and has been practically driven out of everywhere *Except the Congo*

You want to present your moral obligation somewhere? How about Darfur? Syria? I mean we all knew what was going on in Syria y'know with people being shot and massacred on TV and all. Russia? Nobody wants to do a thing about the corrupt Vladimir Putin sitting in office right now. Let me think... OOH! How about Iran? Where we have a nuclear phsycho wanting to intimidate everyone around him? Did you know in Africa slavery is legal? Oh wait nobody has posted an outdated video yet so it probably does not matter. Compared to the above, Kony is nothing but a carebear.
[/quote]

Dude, I know what you mean, I care as much about the world as almost everyone else does. If I could afford to donate to any cause, I totally would, but the thing is, I can't and I no that most people can't either. Sure Kony might fall soon whether or not any of us have any doing of it, or he dies natural causes. But we can say that we tried to take out a terrible man. You may say he is light among other dictators and leaders, and I agree, but sometimes we need to find a cause that hits our souls so deeply. There are a lot of bad things in this world, but if we can stop at least one of them in our lifetime and it makes you proud in doing so, then I feel that it is my moral obligation. Helping one cause or helping it all, you're making a change in this world.

[quote name='Smesh' timestamp='1331167213' post='5861392']
Although this has been going on for years, it shouldn't matter if you just now found out. It's not bad to jump on the bandwagon if it's something as serious as this.
I'm really disliking pricks who are saying "Oh, you only care about this because everyone else does." So what? If you just found out and you want to be like everyone else on a topic like this, that's good! Get over yourselves trying to look all high and mighty not giving a f*** because it's what everyone is doing.
Even if a clueless person stumbles upon this and spreads it just so they can look like a good person, power to him. He's spreading the word about this terrible man and the word could be spread to people who don't know, and actually WILL do something.
I can tell you it's not making TV news. My parents knew nothing about this, and I knew nothing about this since yesterday. Doesn't matter. We'll be sending money and spreading the word.
[/quote]

I hope you're not misinterpreting the point I'm trying to get across.
with you I completely agree, even if late informed begin something now
I was just putting in my reaction and emotion as a back drop, not as a means to justify and opinion
when I say I felt like an a****** and labeled the majority to be on the same boat as me, it was because I felt guilt not empowered
so if you took it the wrong way I apologize about that.

the other misinterpretation might be that I am not willing to be an active asset towards the kony campaigns propaganda and education methods because it is a useless attempt.
this is not true, I feel that it is a very potentially effective reaction, to a certain degree, even when there are many reasons the approach would be ineffective. but at the same time I also feel like it a a potentially dangerous reaction. I'm not saying it is a completely inferior approach, but an approach to be moderated with close attention.

don't take it the wrong way man, I don't speak for everyone else who's said something similar but me personally would like to clear the a possible misunderstanding of my previous post.

k shootz happy debatin peace!

[quote name='Finding The Everlight' timestamp='1331195977' post='5861783']
Dude, I know what you mean, I care as much about the world as almost everyone else does. If I could afford to donate to any cause, I totally would, but the thing is, I can't and I no that most people can't either. Sure Kony might fall soon whether or not any of us have any doing of it, or he dies natural causes. But we can say that we tried to take out a terrible man. You may say he is light among other dictators and leaders, and I agree, but sometimes we need to find a cause that hits our souls so deeply. There are a lot of bad things in this world, but if we can stop at least one of them in our lifetime and it makes you proud in doing so, then I feel that it is my moral obligation. Helping one cause or helping it all, you're making a change in this world.
[/quote]
Glad to know that you are using a terrible occurence to feel proud about yourself. Hits your soul? You are not really trying to help people. You are just trying to find an excuse to feel good about yourself.

[quote name='Cronus' timestamp='1331227620' post='5861999']

Glad to know that you are using a terrible occurence to feel proud about yourself. Hits your soul? You are not really trying to help people. You are just trying to find an excuse to feel good about yourself.
[/quote]

Great way to turn around what I'm saying. You know exactly what I mean, and you're just trying to make me sound like a complete asshat because you don't agree with my views.

[quote name='Cronus' timestamp='1331227620' post='5861999']
[/quote]

....so...let me get this straight. Someone finds out that something terrible is happening in the world and they wish to stop it. Then they find out that there is a way for them to stop it. So they decide to aid in whatever they can. But you're going to throw a hissy fit because they aren't trying to stop other bad things? Let me point out a few things.

1: Like me, there are people who will watch the news and get utterly confused. Why? Because each station says something different about the same situation. So I pretty much avoid the news on TV. Thus, when bad things happen, I don't find out about it for some time.

2: Like me, people can't just go, "Oh! He's evil! Let me just use all this extra money from my job to start a campaign! Oh! I visit that country where the bad thing is happening! So I can record what's happening and use the video to raise awareness!" We are limited to simply aiding with what little we can when the option to aid presents itself.

Personally, your responses in this thread irk me and make me wonder how YOU actually feel about the world. Tell me, have YOU done anything to aid Darfur? Syria? Iran? Are you trying to stop the dictator in Russia? Have you taken any actions to end slavery in Africa? Didn't think so. Now shut the hell up and go back to your corner.

As for the video itself, this is the FIRST time I have seen it, and I cried. I will be sharing this video with my friends tomorrow. I agree that all evil men/women of the world should be stopped. But right now, we only have the chance to stop this evil man. And that is better than doing nothing at all.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1331139903' post='5860793']
This reminds me of that episode of Community where they had a silent protest/bake sale or something. It was supposed to be to raise awareness about journalists being murdered in some country but the girls got caught up in just raising awareness of their own crappy little bake sale instead.
[/quote]
So, basically what's happening here.

Anyway, at the end of the day people will share videos and s*** on Facebook, but they won't take any real course of action. If everybody's saying "Arrest Kony" and nobody takes action; then what?

[quote name='♣ ÇhrÍstmás ΤЯξЄ ♣' timestamp='1331320202' post='5863183']
Actually, spreading awareness is a good way to take action, se the f****** video.
I'd do something but I'm underaged for a job and won't shar it on facebook because I live on a Spanish-speaking language. I just told some friends about it who actually know some english.
[/quote]

Understandable. At least you're trying to spread the word. ^^

[quote name='♣ ÇhrÍstmás ΤЯξЄ ♣' timestamp='1331320202' post='5863183']
Actually, spreading awareness is a good way to take action, se the f****** video.
I'd do something but I'm underaged for a job and won't shar it on facebook because I live on a Spanish-speaking language. I just told some friends about it who actually know some english.
[/quote]
First and foremost; I agree to some extent with you. However, you chat utter bullshit. You wouldn't or rather couldn't do anything against Kony. Spreading awareness is all the majority of people can do, and even then it's been a topical subject on the news for some time, what I can't seem to get my head around is; why now? Kony has been active for so many years, so why now? Because some hipster decided to make a video about it? Pretty much. Even the Ugandan military failed in killing Kony, they had an entire operation set out to do so and failed.

[quote name='THROWDOWN' timestamp='1331327182' post='5863302']
First and foremost; I agree to some extent with you. However, you chat utter bullshit. You wouldn't or rather couldn't do anything against Kony. Spreading awareness is all the majority of people can do, and even then it's been a topical subject on the news for some time, what I can't seem to get my head around is; why now? Kony has been active for so many years, so why now? Because some hipster decided to make a video about it? Pretty much. Even the Ugandan military failed in killing Kony, they had an entire operation set out to do so and failed.
[/quote]

Yes, now that someone made a video and spread it some know, and are trying to spread it even more. Asking why didn't we try before is something stupid. Were we supposed to guess?

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1331407166' post='5864813']
Awareness if fine, but passing around a video made by some questionable organization isn't going to free the children by magic.
[/quote]
Well, it may be a questionable organization. But knowing about him doesn't really hurt.

[quote name='♣ ÇhrÍstmás ΤЯξЄ ♣' timestamp='1331397020' post='5864486']
Yes, now that someone made a video and spread it some know, and are trying to spread it even more. Asking why didn't we try before is something stupid. Were we supposed to guess?
[/quote]
Watching the news would have been a good way to go about it. ¬_¬

Archived