F.A.R. Studios/Productions

Frybread002

[center][b]Forward/Opening Statement[/b][/center]

Hello and weclome to the official home of F.A.R. Studios/Productions. As with any club or organization, there is always an agenda; from Paramount Pictures to Sqaure Enix. Each and every company in the real world always have some reason being together in a group called an "company." Well, here at F.A.R. Studios/Productions, the one thing we wish to achieve, is the telling of entertaining stories. From simple light-hearted laughes, to deep and thoughtful stories. As well as working with any type of medium as well; fan-fiction, role-plays, manga, and-or any other type of media outlet for a story to be told.

So if by some chance you are still reading this foward, I simply wish to make it brief. Our goal is basically what I just said; tell stories. Of course, this is a business that I will be running and how it works is simple. You can contact F.A.R. Studios/Productions to help you with any of your story-telling needs. From planning of the plot to the layout of how it would look, our services are here to help you tell a story.

[center][u]Closing Comments[/u][/center]

Although our numbers are quite limited [size=1](as it only compromises of me...meh...)[/size], I assure that you we will be like a thron in your sides until we can get more members. So, if you wish for us to stop harassing and stalking you home, then I ask that you may please use our services. Until that day comes, we will intimidate that you or maybe even threaten your family. But I sincerely ask that you tell your friends about us.

[Spoiler=Members]
Founder/C.E.O. - Frybread002

Secondary Member - The Swift Assaulter (Tsa)
Secondary Member - Cheetah Blazer (Christain)
Secondary Member - KCNameless (Weird Guy)
Secondary Member - Cinnamon Star (Lasse)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Current Projects]
To be updated
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Past Projects]
To be updated
[/spoiler]

Current Agenda:
-Adapting the role-play, Kingdom Hearts: REVERSED/[i]rewake[/i], into a fan-fic
-Currently seeking new members to help with the future planning...
(wanna help? Sure! The more the merrier I say, but I'd greatly apprecieted if you could PM me first. That way, it won't get in the way of planning with a sudden arival of a new guy)

Next Agenda
-Plan the role-playing sequel to Kingdom Hearts:REVERSED/[i]rewake[/i].

Seeing how our first project is a fan-fic adaptation, I am somewhat worried personally. As this is the first time I am doing something like this, so the only experiences I have with adaptations, are those from video games, tv shows, and movies. So I begged the question, how true should we keep to the original role-play? Should we simply copy and paste everything that everyone posted, or extend the story of the role-play a bit more?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa-ho-ho!! That's too big of a big question man! Can't we just tone things down a bit? I mean, I know you want to get my opinion, but seriously, if we're going to plan this out, we should at least ask the less important questions first. But, I'll give my answer a go.

[spoiler=WARNING! Long Explanation Ahead!]As you should know by now, when people attempt to adapt a series, they don't stray too far from the original material, but stray far enough to be considered the same story told somewhat differently in a different dimension. Take the Mortal Kombat series, for example. They took the exact basis of a tournament that would determine the fate of the earth. However, there are many things completely different to the original series. Take the first of the two movies:
[list]
[*]Shang Tsung is actually a somewhat old sorceror, but still looking fairly younger than his extremely aged counterpart from the first game.
[*]Liu Kang actually knew his family and he lost his brother to Shang Tsung, unlike the game in which he was orphaned as a child from the start.
[*]Raiden never fights, but instead only demonstrates his power by taking out Scorpion and Sub-Zero, when in the game he actually fought, but only if challenged.
[*]Scorpion and Sub-Zero (Oh God! :angry:) are slaves under Shang Tsung's power, when in the game, they were the deadliest of rivals and they both worked for their own masters: Sub-Zero with the Grand Master of the Lin Kuei, and Scorpion with Quan Chi, who was responsible for resurrecting him.
[*]Liu Kang KILLS the first Sub-Zero. Scorpion was supposed to do that, but they made sure that Liu Kang fought different enemies than what was explained in the game's story.
[*]Johnny Cage kills Scorpion. Really!? And in all actuality, that fight scene was the only one to have an actually gruesome-looking fatality attempt.
[*]Kitana is introduced in this movie. Okay, I'm not gonna argue with that. It was a smart move, since the movie felt like they were using the basis and story of the first game with some elements of the second game to make it unique.
[*]Liu Kang was supposed to defeat Goro. Johnny Cage fought and KILLED him! The only cool part of that scene was when Cage Low-Blowed Goro in the Happy Sack. That made my day when I first saw the movie, but that was it!
[*]Shang Tsung and Cage compromised about who would fight Tsung in the final battle of the tournament. -_- He chose Sonya...He is sick in the head, since in the movie, Shang Tsung had this perverted urge towards Sonya that I might never be able to know what it was.
[*]Kano looked badass with his robotic eye, but didn't retain his game appearance. That sucked for me. But what was worse was that Sonya killed him, when he was supposed to have been defeated and decided to run off and reappear in the third game, or the second movie for that matter.
[*]Shang Tsung dies. He was supposed to have just been defeated and sentenced to death by Shao Khan, in which Tsung compromised the Outworld tournament and be returned to his young state. However, because of the fact that they weren't going for the game's story logic, and that the movie made him young enough as it is, they decided to kill him, basically because of the fact that he was only a temporary antagonist that blocked the way for the real evil, Shao Khan, Emperor of Outworld. Not bad of an idea, but it was lacking a lot of stuff.
[/list]
There are so many other things about this movie I want to talk about, and the second movie as well, but then I'd just be babbling on and on until I completely lose the point of what I'm saying.

That's from video games to movies. Books to movies, Movies to TV Shows, Comics to Movies (i.e. The Marvel and DC Universe Comics, and The Mask, if you heard of it.), even movies to video games, which are the hardest to adapt. And now, onto answering your question. Sorry if I got carried away.

It's not my call to tell you how true we should have the adaptation be to the original. But I can understand why you would ask that. You want other people's opinions in order to compare how close they are to your intentions. And I'm saying this. If we attempt to fill all of the plot holes (Pray to God that there aren't too many) and make it a whole story, I'd say stay true to everything from the RP that didn't lead to the different plot holes in the story (Which I believe is over 60% at the most). And by filling in the plot holes, we can add on to the story we were trying to tell, and be even more true to the story itself. For everything that we missed, we can finally answer all of the questions about certain things that didn't go anywhere. That way, it can be a whole story, and people would be lining up to read this. Believe it! (lol Naruto reference)

Adapting a Role-Play into a Fan Fic has its individual difficulties. Some are harder to adapt than others, since many people from said RP don't know how many, if any, plot holes exist throughout it. When I adapted my old Power Rangers RP into a Fan Fic, there was such a huge plot hole in which had no explanation of how everybody got into the future. It was such a huge gaping hole in our story that I was waiting for someone to fill me in on what happened. My assumption was that somebody brought everybody there through a time portal, but I am still clueless. So, the bigger the plot holes, the more difficult the adaptation process will be.

We need to make sure that the plot holes are as small as possible and as minimal as possible in order to get things done faster and without as big of a hassle. if it had average-sized plot holes with an average number of them spread evenly throughout, it might take longer than it should, or it would go about as smoothly as for fixing a small number of nearly insignificant plot holes. I don't know. I never had to fix plot-holes of any size before. So, I'd say we try our hardest to fix everything wrong with the story so that it could be treated as a whole story.[/spoiler]

If we are able to fix these mistakes without creating new problems, then we could outdo everybody now and everybody attempting to beat us in the future. Does that answer your question?

That was long...???

PSSHH!!! And here I was thinking "Long" as in Hydra's role-play!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

But being serious, after reading your side, what if I were to say that the role-play was perfect the way it is. I mean, you seriously just provided the answer I've been needing to hear. Extending the story. Well...you didn't say it exactly, but your explaniation was more than enough for me to get a grasp on it. That being said, what if the story of the role-play was perfect the way it is and we needed to do, is simply to create an all new story-line.

For example, a mass majority of the role-play, was an Organization XIII based role-play. Most of our characters were cirlced around that story; Akira, Varen-Nervax, Lominax, Rxadr. Dragun, Xamidess, Akurix, and Toraxko. Sure, the Heartless didn't have a major plot until the end of the story, but that deffinately added to the mix of the story with their mysterious motive. However, there was one crucial thing that we were missing from the story of REVERSED/[i]rewake[/i]. The Keyblade.

Like, in every other Kingdom Hearts fan-fic, there has always been something involving the key. Well, our role-play was seriously missing the Keyblade aspect and how important the Keyblade is important in the Kingdom Hearts universe. So what I suggest, is what if we created an new side of the story, that wil be our "MAIN" story. This "Main" story will solely focus on the Keyblade and it's two masters in REVERSED/[i]rewake[/i]. Shio and Akira. These two characters will be our "MAIN" characters for this adaptation and all we have to do for them, is simply create an all new storyline specifically for these two characters. Everything else that HAS happened in the role-play, will be secondary.

Why does everything else have to be secondary? WHy can't this new storyline have everything equally important. Basically, we recreate the storyline, retaining all of the events in the RP that helped advance the old story, and involve the Keyblade as a key component to advance this story, even if it is as equally important as everything else.

And by everything, I mean the ulterior motives of "All" characters (Seth counts as a character in himself), the events that transpire to new choices to be made, and any special powers that Shio or Akira may gain over time that will help advance their journey forward. Does that make sense?

Apologizes for the late response Tsa, but as you know, I was obviously busy with some things. But enough of that, we need to get down to business.

First of all, I just want to clarify some things here; The role-play isn't "Mine." It never was and never will be. As it was created by all of us. I'm not asking for all the different opinions so that I may compare them to "My" intentions. I only ask for your opinions, because this project belongs to us all. That way, when we plan, we can significantly(?) reduce the drama that this planning team may have. But the only that I can say is "Mine", is just the company the name of [i]F.A.R. Studios/Productions[/i]. That thing...I can say that I created all by myself...soo yeah...moving on...

The only reason I want the story of Akira and Shio to be the MAIN aspect of this story (and have everything else secondary), is because I never really did see a story like this before. But only once.

I'll be the first to admit, that as a Storyteller, I am rather embrassed that I never did see a like this before (but once). The type of story that I am reffering to, is having everything as the main story. Because honestly, the only time I ever saw a story done like this, was only in the Metal Gear Solid series. Don't get me wrong, the series is by-far one of the greatest games in all of gamming history. But even that had some problems.

Because the MGS series was trying to make everything that you've done in past games equally importatnt as the main story itself, one of the BIGGEST problems I had ever seen in a game, was that it suffered from too much cutscenes. Like I said, don't get me wrong, the story was EPIC. But that was just the problem; there was more STORY then GAMEPLAY!!! I literally had to sit though an hour-and-a-half long cutscene just to be taken to another 20 minute cutscene. And that only left me with 5 HOURS OF GAMMING EXPERIENCE FOR A 20 HOUR GAME!!!!

If we were to follow that method, then it would probably making the chapters even longer. To extending additional scenes that will probably be worthless.

But then again, I only seen this kind of story once (where it actually does take everything from past games and makes them equally important as the main game-story). SO EVEN I COULD BE WRONG WITH THE OUTCOME OF THE STORY ITSELF. However, it is from that "uncertainity" for the type of story, that makes me extremely worried with the outcome for our fan-fiction adaptation.

I'm not sure if he means that. We cant have a story with no back story. It makes it confusing and uncontrolled. I sort of agree with you Fry, we do need a main story, and Akira and Shio do have the attributes of stereotypical main characters. Plus, no other character could have as big a mission as that, no real story could've been made. Reading over it, I realise that all Akurix did was show off about his speed. We need a main story, and places for each of the characters.

By the way, It's-a me, Magnet Soldier. I be wishing to join, ya?

Alright, cool. Now that we have the Wierd Guy back (KCNameless), I want to cut straight to business.

Okay, after readin back past messages, I am proud to say that we are making progress. We have some ideas, but there still isn't enough ideas to make a solid story. Which in turn, means progress is slow, but it's better than nothing. So in the srictest sense, how would you guys feel, if we were to [i]re[/i]-tell the first Kingdom Hearts game? Like, paying homage to the other Kingdom Hearts fan-fics out there, that always try to re-tell the original Kingdom Hearts game.

What I am thinking of, is that we have Shio tell the classic Keyblader story. While we have Akira represent the new ideas that we are planning.

This idea stems from the fact that Shio comes an fan-fic by our very own Chaos Sonic and Akira is an original character for the series (even though he is form an manga I am currently post-poning).

The story -the way I see it - is like the complete [i]re[/i]-telling of the first two games but with our own twist: Instead of your classic villians with your classic motives. We create the villians with their own goals and ambitions that simply come into conflict with the virtues of Shio and Akira.

That's quite an amazing Ideaactually. We obviously cant exactly copy it - different worlds and people - but the basic story line? Yeah, that could work.
Basically - character equivalisation here - :
Shio=Sora
Akira=Riku
Lominax=Marluxia
Rxadr=Xemnas
Akurix or Nervarx=Axel.
Varen=Probably a Xion-esque, but perhaps roxas-like.
Toraxko=Actually, I cant link Toraxko with anyone, but heyho.

The only difference between Lominax and Marluxia is the fact the Lominax managed to last more than five seconds, and is still living.

Varen is Roxas, most likely. She killed off a couple of her own allies.

Akurix IS Axel. Kind of a big brother to Varen, (somewhat) dying to save he and a couple others.

Toraxko is Vexen. Betrayed by his own ally.

Impressive. Now, what would you guys think Xamidess would be compared to? If you don't know, Cheetah, my original intention was that Xamidess would be the [i]true[/i] villain that would be the last thing in the way of the protagonists' goals, and possibly the antagonists' separate goals. Now, I'm not even seeing him as a villain, but a neutral character whose true intentions connect with everything that the heroes and villains go through. He himself doesn't see himself as a villain, but a hero that will be able to start everything over, reset all that has happened throughout the entire story and earlier, and start fresh, creating it in his own image, in which I had a few ideas in which what they'd be:
[list=1]
[*]Removing people's free will and always obey the balance of Light and Darkness, preventing any rebellion to every happen, and also to prevent the Keyblade War from starting over.
[*]Just resetting everything, hoping new outcomes would come from it.
[/list]
That's about all I can think of. Maybe some suggestions to add on the list?

Hmmm...Before I do begin, Tsa what do you think of the drawings of Xamidess? As I recall it, you wanted him to be based off of one of our characters. So I'm just asking if they fit to your needs (and if you mention who he's supposed to look like, I'll kill you. Cuz it took me like forever to randomly think of a design for Xamidess).

Aside from that, I would just like to say that we're getting a bit to far of oursevles. However, sine we're on the topic of Xamidess, I just want to know whether or not if he is going to have a bigger influence on the adaptation.

As for the idea posted by the Wierd Guy, I just to say this after we're done with the entire REVERSED series: "No, this isn't THE next biggest Kingdom Hearts fan-fiction story. This is THE first Kingdom Hearts: REVERSED story."

So personally, I do believe that we can do better than character equiv...however you spell that word. But it was cool to see how our characters stack up against the official characters of Kingdom Hearts. Then again, Akira is nothing like Riku,,,then again, aside from me having a spelling & grammer problem...I really try not be bias of my own characters, so you guys will have to tell me what kind of character Akira is...

Strange...as I have that mental block for my own characters...hmm...

P.S. Oh, I just wanna give an early congralution to all you guys. As I was succesfully able to advertise our original role-play -REVERSED/[i]rewake[/i]- in Hydra of Clocks' very own Kingdom Hearts role-play. So once again, I wanna thank you guys for your indirect work and I wanna personally wanna thank you Tsa, for saying what you did, which happend to cause Hydra to come down on all of us like a nuclear bomb. But hey, that's what friends are for. They help each other out. Not only that, but I was also able to trick Hydra into reading our role-play and he even said he liked it. In fact, if it was still running, he also said that he would apply himself...although he did say that my grammer sucked...which I can't help but agree with him...[size=2]kinda, sorta, woulda...[/size]

[size=2][size=4]P.S.S. Just again guys, I wanna thank each and everyone of you. And to let you know, we have people watching us.[/size][/size]

[size=2][size=4]P.P.S.S. Yo Tsa...your the only one who knows more about this kind of thing that I do, but is it bad when you play mind-games with a MOD?[/size][/size]

I never said this was the next Kingdom hearts [i]rip-off, [/i]Just that if we were making it the traditional thing, that's how our characters would basically stack up. Not exactly of course (Akira has a much thicker back story than Riku, Lominax succeeded, Shio, in my mind, doesn't look about 3, etc), but from a basic view, that would be their 'roles' within the story. Shio is the guy who rushes in a beats everything up for his friends, Akira is the confuzzled guy who doesn't know what he's doing, but goes on instinct, Lominax is the Genius who's plotting against his organization, Akurix is the helper guy in the background who just randomly appears and gives little bits of information, or kills some random guys for the main protaganists, etc. That's all.

And, I want to know. Why, 'the Weird guy'? I'm not that strange, am I? Is it because I'm British?

But Britain is awesome! We have free healthcare, and our football actually uses our feet.

And I think Varen's supposed to be either Roxas or Xion, with Akurix being Axel.

And I realised that Nervarx isn't actually a proper anagram or Raven. And Raxdr isn't Dark. Both have too many Rs, and Raxdr doesn't have a K. Not that I'm being picky.

EDIT

I have a question, did Akurix actually die? Because I seem to remember reading it and getting confused. He absorbed himself into the Space/time continuum or something to keep it balanced, for some reason or another, and it just sorta didn't explain it very well.

Hey, we have our first plot hole! We are now an official company!

I really like this club, it's good that something like this exists.
(Although the closing comment does sound unappealing, despite it being a joke, so I'd suggest something...else.)

However, there's one thing missing. Where's the application form so that I can try to join this?._.

[quote name='KCNameless' timestamp='1333563520' post='5901492']
But Britain is awesome! We have free healthcare, and our football actually uses our feet.

And I think Varen's supposed to be either Roxas or Xion, with Akurix being Axel.

And I realised that Nervarx isn't actually a proper anagram or Raven. And Raxdr isn't Dark. Both have too many Rs, and Raxdr doesn't have a K. Not that I'm being picky.

EDIT

I have a question, did Akurix actually die? Because I seem to remember reading it and getting confused. He absorbed himself into the Space/time continuum or something to keep it balanced, for some reason or another, and it just sorta didn't explain it very well.

Hey, we have our first plot hole! We are now an official company!
[/quote]

First of all, I call you Wierd Guy because your the only person I know of who would join YCM in the manner you did...Hence the name, Wierd Guy.

Second of all, if Britain was so great, then why did we rebel?

Third of all, don't compare British Football with American Football. We made your football a whole lot better here in America.

Fourth of all, despite not having free health care for most white guys, we natives have free health care for nearly being wiped from exinction and for being a sovereign nation :)

Fith of all, Akurix isn't dead. The way I set up that post, was that AKurix was simply lost in time and space, that way, it was vague enough for him to come back and it also provided closure. But if by some chance this still doesnt make sense, feel free to ask questions you may have.

[quote name='evilfusiοn' timestamp='1333576573' post='5901737']
I really like this club, it's good that something like this exists.
(Although the closing comment does sound unappealing, despite it being a joke, so I'd suggest something...else.)

However, there's one thing missing. Where's the applicaiton form so that I can try to join this?._.
[/quote]

Hmmm...Personally speaking, this is actually a great concern for me. Being the fact that you are indeed a MOD, it means that people would start to take an interest in this bussiness as it has a well-known member. As well as treating it with a bit more respect...Then, there's also the fact that people may start to fear us as well.

You see, I really don't like most of the MODS because it does feel like everything they say, is forced down our throats, especially the ones in the Creative Writting fourm. As they believe they know everything about a story: What story must be told in order for this plot to make sense or whay type of character must be allowed in the story in order for it to succeed. When a story can be anything the Storyteller wants it to be.

So, if you are still interested, you won't be treated as a MOD here. Instead, you will either be treated as a equal or in the worst case, someone of lesser value. As there are times when I have to my own ego aside in order to ask for help - as you can ask Tsa...erm...Double C4 himself, that I have a rather huge ego. Then there will be times I will indeed chew you out if you happen to make a mistake -as I had to solc both Double C4 and KCNameless, despite being they are both my senior.
But in return, you will treat us as an equal and in the worst case, someone of lesser values if we happen to mess up (even me...but that's only in some cases...after all, I have a bussiness to run...[i]kekekekkeke[/i]....).

To finish off this message, I only want you to know what I expect out of you and what could happen in the future. I created this thread as a "bussiness." Where we could personally challenge the way people think about storytelling, as they tend to believe that a story should be told in a particular manner (such as PIkaperson). Whereas the Storyteller has infinite possibilities at his despoil to make the story anyway he wants it. So it'll be our job to help him realize that. So I ask you Lasse (Evilfusion), are you still willing to join this company? As I didn't tell you all this just to scare you, but to let you know one of the many possibilites upon your application.

P.S. If you do happen to accept, I have two favors to ask of you.

P.P.S. Yo guys, do any of you happen to remember the drawings I did a while back for the role-play? Well, what do you guys think of them? Especielly Xamidess Tsa, as I did my best to make him look like the person you wanted him to look like. Also, I'd appreciated if you don't say anything about who he's supposed to look like.

Archived