Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [OOC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=App][b]Name[/b]: Rinnosuke Morichika
[b]Gender[/b]: Male
[b]Age[/b]: Appears to be at least 25, but is considerably much older.
[b]Allegiance: [/b]Neutral
[b]Duelist Type[/b]: Normal Duelist
[b]Appearance[/b]: [spoiler=Appearance][img]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/Gensokian/YCMavatar-1-1-1.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
[b]Personality[/b]: Usually calm, cool, and collected when in normal circumstances, he is reliable when presented with a thinking problem, and will certainly be more than willing to assist, so long he has the time. However, he tends to panic in strange or sudden events, and then can get himself into rather awkward moments, unable to dig himself out of it. Unfortunately, he finds himself in those kinds of situations more often that he'd like.
[b]Background[/b]: There wasn't much to Rinnosuke's life, but to him, that wasn't a problem. He had his friends, who were also his shoplifters, and he had his simple life, without much danger. In all his years, he never felt anything was about to change; however, things had to change sometime. One day, what felt like an ordinary day, took away that simple life he had, and changed it into something he could never have dreamed about. The sky throughout the whole land turned dark; violet, violent lightning crashed down from the heavens, and before he knew it, his store was hit, and then, so was he. His world dark, he knew not what his fate was, until he came to, surprised, panicked, and desperate to find out what happened. Looking into his pouch, he found cards; depicted on those cards were his friends, each with strange words; quickly, he determined what the cards meant, as he was able to do with countless things. He just knew that they were meant for a game; a game that, at first, he thought was twisted and insane. In his heart, however, he knew that he would have to learn and play this game if he were to go back to what he loved; not only that, though, he would have to do something important. Shortly after his arrival to this strange land, he learned of a carnival dedicated to the game his friends became, and it seemed big enough a deal for very many people. If he could top that tournament...perhaps it could all be righted.
[b]Deck Type(s)[/b]: The SDMs (original archetype). [spoiler=SDM link][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/282781-the-sdms-ready-to-cause-havoc/"]http://forum.yugiohc...to-cause-havoc/[/url][/spoiler]
[b]Number(s) in Your Possession[/b]: None.[/spoiler]

Well...I hope I'm doing this right. If not, just tell me, and I'll try to correct it. If nothing's wrong, then I just hope that I can fit in and have fun with the rest of you.

It's alright. Here's the code for spoilers.
[code]
[spoiler=Insert your title here] The information inside is here [/spoiler]
[/code]

It should look like this:

[quote name='Gensokian' timestamp='1336811511' post='5937870']
[spoiler=''][b]Name[/b]: Rinnosuke Morichika
[b]Gender[/b]: Male
[b]Age[/b]: Appears to be at least 25, but is considerably much older.
[b]Allegiance: [/b]Neutral
[b]Duelist Type[/b]: Normal Duelist
[b]Appearance[/b]: [spoiler=''][img]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/Gensokian/YCMavatar-1-1-1.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
[b]Personality[/b]: Usually calm, cool, and collected when in normal circumstances, he is reliable when presented with a thinking problem, and will certainly be more than willing to assist, so long he has the time. However, he tends to panic in strange or sudden events, and then can get himself into rather awkward moments, unable to dig himself out of it. Unfortunately, he finds himself in those kinds of situations more often that he'd like.
[b]Background[/b]: There wasn't much to Rinnosuke's life, but to him, that wasn't a problem. He had his friends, who were also his shoplifters, and he had his simple life, without much danger. In all his years, he never felt anything was about to change; however, things had to change sometime. One day, what felt like an ordinary day, took away that simple life he had, and changed it into something he could never have dreamed about. The sky throughout the whole land turned dark; violet, violent lightning crashed down from the heavens, and before he knew it, his store was hit, and then, so was he. His world dark, he knew not what his fate was, until he came to, surprised, panicked, and desperate to find out what happened. Looking into his pouch, he found cards; depicted on those cards were his friends, each with strange words; quickly, he determined what the cards meant, as he was able to do with countless things. He just knew that they were meant for a game; a game that, at first, he thought was twisted and insane. In his heart, however, he knew that he would have to learn and play this game if he were to go back to what he loved; not only that, though, he would have to do something important. Shortly after his arrival to this strange land, he learned of a carnival dedicated to the game his friends became, and it seemed big enough a deal for very many people. If he could top that tournament...perhaps it could all be righted.
[b]Deck Type(s)[/b]: The SDMs (original archetype). [spoiler=''][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/282781-the-sdms-ready-to-cause-havoc/"]http://forum.yugiohc...to-cause-havoc/[/url][/spoiler]
[b]Number(s) in Your Possession[/b]: None.[/spoiler]

Well...I hope I'm doing this right. If not, just tell me, and I'll try to correct it. If nothing's wrong, then I just hope that I can fit in and have fun with the rest of you. I tried the spoiler thing, but, well...mock me all you will, but I just can't figure out how to make it hide anything. I do apologize for that.
[/quote]

Touhou reference level: lunatic.
Cant say nothing else about it, though.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1336814617' post='5937880']
It's alright. Here's the code for spoilers.
[code]
[/code]

It should look like this:
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for that; I'll admit, I was rather embarrassed that I didn't know how to do that. Not that it was all that obvious, but then again, if I actually looked for directions, I'd have probably found something. No one ever claimed me of being the best around at forum...uh, stuff. ^^;

[quote name='Dread☆プロイセン' timestamp='1336816289' post='5937886']
Touhou reference level: lunatic.
Cant say nothing else about it, though.
[/quote]

Oh, crud, have I been found out as being a fan of Touhou? I was so subtle. :P I just hope that it isn't a problem; I honestly believe that Touhou can mix with anything, no exceptions. Besides, I've been dying to put Kourin in a Yugioh RP. Why? Uh...because shut up. =w=

did...did I just become a target? or just motivation to never fail again? .......my girlfriend did the same "how did I lose to that?!" she said.....I love that woman....

either way, I hope my duel which I made unseen on purpose doesn't irritate Kohaku, besides, he benifitted nearly nothing, just three Numbers which I don't think he can even use.....considering he'd need to have exact levels and he only has a multitude of level 8 monsters. Also, I yet again give him a heart piece he can't use

[quote name='Lord JZ of the Enigma' timestamp='1336832528' post='5937963']
did...did I just become a target? or just motivation to never fail again? .......my girlfriend did the same "how did I lose to that?!" she said.....I love that woman....

either way, I hope my duel which I made unseen on purpose doesn't irritate Kohaku, besides, he benifitted nearly nothing, just three Numbers which I don't think he can even use.....considering he'd need to have exact levels and he only has a multitude of level 8 monsters. Also, I yet again give him a heart piece he can't use
[/quote]

Motivation.

Jenna isn't sure if Josep is a skilled player with a deceptively "random" Deck (that's secretly built very well), a random player with a Deck that's simply very effective against hers, or if she has too many weaknesses in her Deck to be able to handle unexpected events like the aforementioned Deck.

She has no real motive to hunting him down or anything, she just wants to improve herself and if the opportunity arrives, have a rematch to test if she did improve.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1336832789' post='5937966']
Motivation.

Jenna isn't sure if Josep is a skilled player with a deceptively "random" Deck (that's secretly built very well), a random player with a Deck that's simply very effective against hers, or if she has too many weaknesses in her Deck to be able to handle unexpected events like the aforementioned Deck.

She has no real motive to hunting him down or anything, she just wants to improve herself and if the opportunity arrives, have a rematch to test if she did improve.
[/quote]

good to know

Also, Kohaku, my messenger isn't working, but I updated the card, I know it still hasn't had the Green light, but I want to keep you updated on it, message me if you're interested in looking it over

[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1336804295' post='5937838']
???Haven't you made cards before that were Divine/Divine-Beast and part of an archetype so I don't see why your so against it, plus it isn't my guy using a god it would be closer that he is being used by a card. Also night it is past 2:30 here.
[/quote]
[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1336810955' post='5937868']
[img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn112/Admiral_Stalfos19/Untitled-1.png[/img]
[/quote]
I rest my case.
There is absolutely no reason for him to be a DIVINE/Divine-Beast.
Only 3 cards IN THE ENTIRE GAME get that honor.
It's up to Kohaku, but I strongly think you should make it like everyone else's Numbers.
By making it DIVINE/Divine-Beast, you're essentially saying your guy is good enough to have a god.
No one else is doing that.
Why should you?

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1336837457' post='5937992']
I rest my case.
There is absolutely no reason for him to be a DIVINE/Divine-Beast.
Only 3 cards in the entire game get that honor.
So far, your Number has not deserved it.
[/quote]
Four.
*Trollface.jpg*

So TFF that Divine archetype that you made in the past what was their type?

[spoiler=Here they are][quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1279645393' post='4425751']
Temperance of Company
DIVINE/Divine-Beast/1/0/0
This monster cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. You take no Battle Damage from a battle involving this card. During your Standby Phase, this card is destroyed. When this monster is destroyed, you may Special Summon 1 "Temperance" monster from your hand. If your opponent does not Special Summon any monsters during their next turn, they may draw 1 card during their next End Phase. If they Special Summon a monster, they lose 1000 Life Points.
[/quote][quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1279760334' post='4435645']
Talexa, Seraph of Temperance
DIVINE/Divine-Beast/7/2900/500
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This monster can be Special Summoned from your hand by Tributing 3 face-up "Temperance" Monsters on your side of the field. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell or Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. When this monster destroys a face-up monster as a result of battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you may discard 1 "Temperance" Monster from your hand to allow this monster to attack again. This monster cannot attack your opponent's Life Points directly. During your End Phase, if you control a face-up "Temperance" Monster, destroy this card.
[/quote][quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1280439319' post='4457249']
Graxten, Seraph of Patience
DIVINE/Divine-Beast/7/300/3300
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This monster can be Special Summoned from your hand by Tributing 3 face-up "Patience" Monsters on your side of the field. This monster is the target of all of your opponent's attacks. This monster cannot be removed from the field by your opponent's Spell, Trap, or Monster Card effects. During your End Phase, if this monster is in Attack Position, it is destroyed.

Luxul, Seraph of Chastity
DIVINE/Divine-Beast/7/1300/1700
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This monster can be Special Summoned from your hand by Tributing 3 face-up "Chastity" Monsters on your side of the field. During either player's turn, you may remove 1 Spell Card in your Deck from play to negate the activation of one of your opponent's Spell, Trap, or Monster Card effects and destroy the card. During your Draw Phase, instead of drawing a card, you may search your Deck for a Spell Card and add it to your hand. When your opponent activates a Spell Card, add 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard to your hand. During your End Phase, if you don't have a Spell Card in your hand, this card is destroyed.
[/quote][/spoiler]

I thought the complaint was that someone is trying to make a random Number a Divine/Divine-Beast for absolutely no reason. Why is that Number "better" than the others? And it'd have to be considered "better" because of the scarcity of Divine/Divine-Beast cards, even in the anime. All of them have invariably been "god" monsters (Egyptian and Polar Gods). Why would a Number get that Attribute/Type classification? Is it a god? Why is a Number a god?

I can see maybe whatever all the Numbers together would create could be a God if it's a single-card, but that's it. The individual Numbers should NOT be a Divine monster.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1336878273' post='5938307']
I thought the complaint was that someone is trying to make a random Number a Divine/Divine-Beast for absolutely no reason. Why is that Number "better" than the others? And it'd have to be considered "better" because of the scarcity of Divine/Divine-Beast cards, even in the anime. All of them have invariably been "god" monsters (Egyptian and Polar Gods). Why would a Number get that Attribute/Type classification? Is it a god? Why is a Number a god?

I can see maybe whatever all the Numbers together would create could be a God if it's a single-card, but that's it. The individual Numbers should NOT be a Divine monster.
[/quote]
That's basically my argument in a nutshell.

I would figure all the numbers together would be Creator-God seeing as in a sense it made the numbers, I figured the top 3 numbers would be different from the others especially after seeing 96, also plot wise this number completely took the the person over which not even black mist could do. Really I don't see what the problem is but if the owner tells me to I'll change it but I don't want to.

[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1336879182' post='5938312']
I would figure all the numbers together would be Creator-God seeing as in a sense it made the numbers, I figured the top 3 numbers would be different from the others especially after seeing 96, also plot wise this number completely took the the person over which not even black mist could do. Really I don't see what the problem is but if the owner tells me to I'll change it but I don't want to.
[/quote]
But 96 was a DARK/Fiend.
You're really not explaining your case well.
What makes #97, #98, and #99 special enough to get DIVINE/Divine-Beast?

...Not to mention that 96 WAS Black Mist...

Anyway, the power levels of the Numbers is scattered around. 39 is as powerful if not more than 96, and 56 is entirely useless. The power of the Number more likely depends on the personality/darkness of the person on which it imprinted.

[quote name='Wave_Sine' timestamp='1336879918' post='5938316']
...Not to mention that 96 WAS Black Mist...

Anyway, the power levels of the Numbers is scattered around. 39 is as powerful if not more than 96, and 56 is entirely useless. The power of the Number more likely depends on the personality/darkness of the person on which it imprinted.
[/quote]
Indeed. Currently, the most powerful Number is #40, a Rank 8 with 3000 ATK that can blow up monsters and deal out damage.
#96 is a Rank 2 with 100 ATK that can just weaken other cards to power itself up.

Really am I the only one who read the wiki page for numbers, the higher the number the more intelligent it is and the better it can control people, 83 actually made its owner think it was his mother and 96 actually made his owner lose a duel so that he could take over Astral and Yuma, which makes me believe that both the duelist and number are what determines how powerful the card will be so the top 3 cards will probably be something on godly level; also looking at how Zexal is structured I can see them having gods in the anime.

In this RP, 42 made Palir think that it was his dead friend.

In the anime, 39 was the only one that 96 was afraid of, and was the one that saved Astral both times Astral was in danger from 96.

And, Astral is continuously referred to as "the original Number", indication that [i]if[/i] Astral has a card, it would be either 0 or 1. "Original" doesn't sound like '100' to me.

Number 6 almost destroyed III (along with Angolmois) even without it controlling him.

[quote name='Trimage' timestamp='1336882154' post='5938336']
Really am I the only one who read the wiki page for numbers, the higher the number the more intelligent it is and the better it can control people, 83 actually made its owner think it was his mother and 96 actually made his owner lose a duel so that he could take over Astral and Yuma, which makes me believe that both the duelist and number are what determines how powerful the card will be so the top 3 cards will probably be something on godly level; also looking at how Zexal is structured I can see them having gods in the anime.
[/quote]

Are you implying something about Number 2?

Sigh....

In this RP, Number 32 possessed a man and stole another person's soul.
He could only be calmed by NUMBER 2. Amber added 93 later, but NUMBER 2 had kept him on a leash all that time.

I believe the same as Wave_Sine, Astral must be Number 1, I don't really think it's 0, but Astral is most certainly 1.

39 also has a chaos form so that made him different from all the other times, also 96 was never afraid of 39 he simply wanted to possess all of the numbers and that is why he was so adamant about getting it.

But I agree with you that if Astral has a card it will be 0 and as for 6 it like most of the single digits came from Tron who is a horrible monster who I can totally see eating human flesh.

I'll PM the host for his opinion and then this whole thing will get ironed out.

Archived