[MTG] Terminus

I love magic's reasoning behind the miracle cost. "It'll normally just be a worse unsummon!"

Yeah, because what blue white deck would use Ponder to get a perfect set up with miracle board sweeps, amirite?

Anyways, I love this card, and I run creature decks. I love it because it's a problem that, in a way, answers itself (because of the six cost).

[quote name='King of Nothing' timestamp='1335135189' post='5922783']
I love magic's reasoning behind the miracle cost. "It'll normally just be a worse unsummon!"

Yeah, because what blue white deck would use Ponder to get a perfect set up with miracle board sweeps, amirite?

Anyways, I love this card, and I run creature decks. I love it because it's a problem that, in a way, answers itself (because of the six cost).
[/quote]
To be fair, Ponder isn't really good with Miracle. Unless it is the 3rd card you aren't speeding yourself up at all. Sure 1 turn is nice, but I don't think it is that good.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1335135394' post='5922789']
To be fair, Ponder isn't really good with Miracle. Unless it is the 3rd card you aren't speeding yourself up at all. Sure 1 turn is nice, but I don't think it is that good.
[/quote]
It's the thought of knowing you're going to draw into a miracle that may stop a play you would have otherwise made. For instance, if you use Ponder and set up a top deck Miracle, or know a miracle is coming, you probably won't be playing any of the heavy hitters. Ponder can help you plan around the top deck, and since miracles are always so random, Ponder can really keep you ahead of your opponent in more ways than one.

[quote name='-Lightray Daedalus-' timestamp='1335143062' post='5922934']
The Thing with Miracles is that most of them work better later in the game where cards like Ponder Usually like to be played fast to help you getting better early game...
[/quote]

They might like to be played in the early game but you aren't guaranteed to draw all four in the first round. I'm saying that, since most tournament decks that run blue white run ponder, magic pretty much just increased ponder's usability

[quote name='King of Nothing' timestamp='1335142671' post='5922930']
It's the thought of knowing you're going to draw into a miracle that may stop a play you would have otherwise made. For instance, if you use Ponder and set up a top deck Miracle, or know a miracle is coming, you probably won't be playing any of the heavy hitters. Ponder can help you plan around the top deck, and since miracles are always so random, Ponder can really keep you ahead of your opponent in more ways than one.
[/quote]
The same applies for any cards you see with Ponder. When you see the cards your going to change your play to best make use of the ones that are coming.

I'll give you it can set up a better timing for it, but again, your only making a difference of a turn and that isn't that much value.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1335145742' post='5922994']
The same applies for any cards you see with Ponder. When you see the cards your going to change your play to best make use of the ones that are coming.

I'll give you it can set up a better timing for it, but again, your only making a difference of a turn and that isn't that much value.
[/quote]

You don't think a turn can make all the difference in the world? Technically, since Ponder is a caltrip, it really has a maximum help of two turns (You could set up a draw that would normally take 3 turns to get into taking one turn). Even then, you can set it on the 2 slot and play a think twice on the opponent's turn. Ponder gives a lot of flexibility to Miracle. Knowing that you're going to draw into a miracle card can make a LOT of things happen.

Archived