YCM Weekly Episode 4: A True Hope

Blake

Sorry, i didn't exactly have much time to do a full review, not to mention I'm bad at reviewing anyway. A couple of things I can say on the topic though, I did enjoy the angel beats theme to the episode, though aside from the introductions of segments, it didn't really do much to the YCM Weekly episode itself. Being a yugioh fan, I do enjoy the archetype/card of the week segment, and the anime riddle, but the member riddle doesn't really interest me as much since I don't know everyone else enough to figure out who the riddle's about. I don't really enjoy the game reviews on the whole and from what I read of the game review, it didn't sound much like an interesting game to me. The random manga was good, especially as I enjoy manga and anime on the whole, and I would enjoy it if that became a constant section of YCM Weekly. I know enough about pokemon to get by, but reading about pokemon doesn't interest me either unless it is a specific pokemon I actually quite like using, like Bronzong, hence my vote. I do like YCM weekly though and would like it to keep going, and understand that the third episode was rushed. I still enjoyed the first two better than the third and this one, but that's just my personal opinion on the matter and not something I can easily explain why.

[quote name='Simdoggy' timestamp='1337908598' post='5946391']
Sorry, i didn't exactly have much time to do a full review, not to mention I'm bad at reviewing anyway.
[/quote]
Then just tell us what YOU want to see ._.

A couple of things I can say on the topic though, I did enjoy the angel beats theme to the episode, though aside from the introductions of segments, it didn't really do much to the YCM Weekly episode itself.
[/quote]
But... that's the same thing the host does every week with a twist. Why was this twist not as good as 1 or 2?

Being a yugioh fan, I do enjoy the archetype/card of the week segment, and the anime riddle, but the member riddle doesn't really interest me as much since I don't know everyone else enough to figure out who the riddle's about.
[/quote]
It interests others, though, so that's just not a section you care about. Comment on the ones you DO.

I don't really enjoy the game reviews on the whole and from what I read of the game review, it didn't sound much like an interesting game to me.
[/quote]
... I've never even played Persona, and I can tell you it is definitely one of the most interesting. If you don't think it is, where did Desu go wrong?

The random manga was good, especially as I enjoy manga and anime on the whole, and I would enjoy it if that became a constant section of YCM Weekly.
[/quote]
There we go

I know enough about pokemon to get by, but reading about pokemon doesn't interest me either unless it is a specific pokemon I actually quite like using, like Bronzong, hence my vote.
[/quote]
... That's a rather poor outlook, considering it's aiming to teach you more about Pokemon/let you like others.

I do like YCM weekly though and would like it to keep going, and understand that the third episode was rushed. I still enjoyed the first two better than the third and this one, but that's just my personal opinion on the matter and not something I can easily explain why.
[/quote]
Don't avoid so much. The wishy-washy "This isn't great BUT I LIKE IT" just makes it annoying more than acceptable, honestly.

If you can't explain, why say it? ._.

I can sort of see how some episodes might be better than others.
It isn't necessarily because of the host or people involved, but the first ones were indeed more compact.
We tried to make it weekly, so this one was a bit rushed.
I still think it was good despite the circumstances.

One thing I've been struggling with personally however is the sort of topic that should be written about. I got that people like the Yugioh parts and the Anime/Manga ones, but not sure what else there should be.=/ Member-related content sounds good, but what?@_@

ALSO, I'm still surprised that people weren't put off by the letter written with period blood and decorated with the fitting hair strands, and then the picture which showed the used pad (but of course it would've been terribad to post the actual pictures, so it was just addressed). It's probably the most disgusting thing I've ever read, personally.:'D

The random manga was good, especially as I enjoy manga and anime on the whole, and I would enjoy it if that became a constant section of YCM Weekly.
[/quote]

:3

*Runs off to make next article*

I don't really enjoy the game reviews on the whole and from what I read of the game review, it didn't sound much like an interesting game to me.
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Again, it was just bit of a quicker thing I did of a game I had just beaten maybe a week before and figured it had also been a while since the last game review. Also mentioned that it's a solid game but really more enjoyable if you were already a fan of the SMT series. I understand I should probably have picked a better game but I've been too lazy on beating games lately.[/color]
[quote name='Cinnamon Star' timestamp='1337909872' post='5946413']
I can sort of see how some episodes might be better than others.
It isn't necessarily because of the host or people involved, but the first ones were indeed more compact.
We tried to make it weekly, so this one was a bit rushed.
I still think it was good despite the circumstances.
[color=#0000cd]Opal has a point here, people. These last two were definitely far more rushed compared to the last two. In one and two we pretty much had two weeks. In week three we had two weeks but not the best host. I feel like there was of a lack of respect towards him that made it harder.[/color]

One thing I've been struggling with personally however is the sort of topic that should be written about. I got that people like the Yugioh parts and the Anime/Manga ones, but not sure what else there should be.=/ Member-related content sounds good, but what?@_@

[color=#0000cd]I just go with low blows, swear words, sarcasm, and other f*cked up sh*t.[/color]

ALSO, I'm still surprised that people weren't put off by the letter written with period blood and decorated with the fitting hair strands, and then the picture which showed the used pad (but of course it would've been terribad to post the actual pictures, so it was just addressed). It's probably the most disgusting thing I've ever read, personally.:'D
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Wait, wha-*vomits.*[/color]
[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1337917504' post='5946521']
Our interviewer disappeared. you could sign up if you'd like to do it, now that Summer's on.
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Should we really just be accepting half of our already small fanbase? We already took in Alice, Mako, Creator, and Caeda too I suppose. :/[/color]

[quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1338029299' post='5947232']
[color=#0000cd]Should we really just be accepting half of our already small fanbase? We already took in Alice, Mako, Creator, and Caeda too I suppose. :/[/color]
[/quote]

I mostly read it to support Black.

His articles are honestly the only ones that had really interested me, along with Aggro's YCS article from that other issue.

And the answer to the Anime Riddle was Mosquito from Soul Eater! Only Simdoggy got it this week, so unless Opal cares to give me the other scores, they are, so far:

Mugendramon: 1 point from MEmber Riddle Week 1
Fusion X. Denver: 1 from Member Riddle 1, 1 from Anime Riddle 1
Dwarven King: 1 for Anime Riddle 1
Simdoggy: 1 for Anime Riddle 2

[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1338048104' post='5947295']
I mostly read it to support Black.

His articles are honestly the only ones that had really interested me, along with Aggro's YCS article from that other issue.
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Hence the "I suppose. :/" I realized you didn't really gice a crap about the rest of us a while ago. And I already did the whole crying in the corner thing a while ago too.[/color]

[quote]

[center][color=#EE82EE][b][size=4]This week's member riddle - LOVERHOLIC MORPHTRONIC ROBOTRONIC MORPHTRONIC[/size][/b][/color][/center]

[center][color=#EE82EE][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]*insert Shinee – Lucifer here (not that the song has anything to do with it)*[/background][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#EE82EE][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If you hadn’t noticed yet, the member we’re looking for this week likes Morphtronics (whatever that is, got that from a second source)[/background][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#EE82EE][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]He (or at least so says the profile x3) is interested into Anime/Manga as well as games.[/background][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#EE82EE][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]His username starts with a lowercase letter.[/background][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#EE82EE][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]He’s also a Canadian maple syrup oh well, just Canadian.~[/background][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#EE82EE][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Alright, that’s all you’ll get this week. Popularity-wise, it’s a sort-of-well-known member, although not part of the absolute top-tier popular guys. But you’ve probably seen him in one of the YGO TCG sections and possibly Fanfics.[/quote][/background][/size][/font][/color][/center]

It's burnpsy. I'm very certain.

Archived