» TheRedCarpet: Film & Music Entertainment + Fashion (With A Spin of Daily Life)

I was going to join into this a LONG time ago, but I decided to wait a little while. Guess what happened? I completely forgot about this awesome-looking club. Either way, glad activity returned to this so I can be reminded.

Snow White and The Huntsman, from what I saw in the trailers, it seemed more like an Action/Adventure/Suspense spin-off of the original, unlike that other Snow White spin-off (That I can't seem to grasp the name) that had a comedic twist to it. Snow White and The Huntsman is much darker compared to the original, so far as I can tell, and it shows the sort of realism of corrupted rulers who would go so far to increase their power. I wonder what would happen if that story was one of the worlds of Kingdom Hearts 3?

Anyway, I have a lot of favorite actors, actresses, bands, singers, all that jazz, but they're too many to count (And even remember). I think the oldest song I heard (And this is from the best of my memory) is "Wild Wild West" by Will Smith (Not the movie, the song based off of the movie), which I still love to this day.

Also, if any of you didn't know, I'm beginning my career as an Actor/Voice Actor, and I want to know what you guys think. I'll upload a sample of my experience eventually, and I'd like to know how well I am at it. And let's face it, there aren't that many voice actors here on YCM, but you're all lucky enough to have found one of them. So, look out for when I show you all my acting sample (No promises on when I'll show it, just that I'll do it one of these days).

Oh, one last thing. I'm also a pretty good singer, so far as I know. I'm just letting this all out so that if I do end up singing (Like a vocal cover of a song), then you all will already know that I do.

Oh, hey Thar... :mellow:

Alice: I don't remember beging ;)

Double C4: Welcome aboard! Let's try to keep this as active as possible. Sadly though, I'll be away for a week starting Monday. I'll hopefully get this to run smoothly when I get back if this club dies out while I'm gone.

Oh! In Snow White and the Huntsman I really got to give a lot of the credit to Charlize Theron. She's honestly a really powerful and moving actress, who plays an evil queen stunningly well. The rest of the side actors and actresses didn't really cut it for me, but they in no way ruined the movie or made it less than it was.

And when you have a spark in mind for songs you want to share or bands you'd like to inform us of, feel free! It's kind of a nice sharing community here. Same thing goes for movies and TV shows.

Alright, perfect! I'd love to hear some of your acting samples. I'm also a fellow actress myself (but for film) and it's my dream to be on the big screen and to be at least nominated for a Golden Globe or Oscar. It's something I take to heart and it's something I want more than breathing. I'm really passionate about the art of acting, which is why I started this club in the first place. I have quite a steady hand in the talent, so I can definitely help ya out if you need it or let you know what I think of those samples.

Ah goodness! Singing is such a wonderful talent to have. Definitely share that with us if ya want.

Also, guys, this movie looks so damn promising. I'm so glad to see Anne Hathaway in such a moving performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5UStefYmE

Yes, definitely put them together because I'm really interested in hearing those samples. Before I wanted to be a film actress, I tried for voice acting. I think it's a really neat thing!

And I think it was written around the 80s, first as a musical and then a novel, I'm sure. There's multiple adaptions to it, but the one for 2012 seems like it'll be majorly good. It has the actor from My Week With Marilyn, and that movie was stunning, plus I mean, Anne Hathaway? You can't go wrong with that haha.

Basically, it's a story about a mother who wants the best for her daughter during the difficult times of war (I think it's around the Civil War, but I'm not sure, really). Basically, it's tough, and the mother has to go into prostitution and selling her hair just to give her daughter everything (education, traveling, etc). It's very sad.

The leading song in the play really sums it up from the mother's feelings. I suggest you take a listen, it's inspiring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMAPMlt_cMo
(linking the Glee version because Lea Michele's voice is just...wow, beautiful)

I'm back from my trip and hoping this picks up activity haha.

And yeah! it moves me every time I listen to it because it really makes you think about the life you have and how tough things can truly be. I've never indulged on anything more about Les Mis besides that song and the soon to be 2012 adaption, but when it comes out, I'll of course know the story and everything after watching it. That's something I look forward to.

And goodness, Anne Hathaway is simply remarkable! I love watching movies just to see her in it, but this one and the character she plays seems like it'll be a huge lift in her career, since it's such an incredible role.

And omg wait you're a fan of Demi's? god bless you, sir, this is incredible news haha

Demi is like my celebrity wife. She's outstanding. I'd love for her to sing really emotional songs like that.

I'd like to have her do a duet with me one day, or even be a co-star with me in a movie (If I ever get that far).

I've enjoyed Anne Hathaway's acting as a whole, and I can even imagine her in certain things that would seem out of her place, like taking Kristen Stewart's role in Snow White & The Huntsman. Well, she's had weirder roles, like the White Queen in the "sequel" of Alice In Wonderland made by Tim Burton, which I like better in my opinion.

...Are we the only ones still here? Strange... -_-

You never know what could happen! Surely, you'll meet her one day, if ya work hard enough to get there.

I loved Anne Hathaway as the White Queen omg she was the funniest character and that part seemed to be so good for her. I remember her big break during the times the Princess Diaries came out and I'm extremely glad she got casted on so much more after that and really made an outstanding, memorable career for herself. Her next role, after Les Mis, is Catwoman and that should be interesting to see.

And yeah, but I'm not quite surprised haha. YCM doesn't seem like much of the acting type.

Archived