» TheRedCarpet: Film & Music Entertainment + Fashion (With A Spin of Daily Life)

[center][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/k4cz84.png[/img][/center]

[center]Hello fellas, I'm here for the summer, so I've decided to run a little club.[/center]

[center]It may be obvious already, but I'm very much into actors, actresses, and the beautiful art of film acting, so [i]BOOM[/i] that's one of our club topics. On top of that, music plays a huge part in all our lives, yes? Well, [i]BOOM[/i] another topic! And well, you can't have a red carpet ceremony without showing off your fancy attire, can we? [i]BOOM[/i], fashion is another topic! And no no, don't worry, the booms are not from the canons in the Hunger Games. We're all safe here.[/center]

[center]However, [b]I'd really like this club to be a free for all and a way for all of us to connect in some odd, virtual way. [/b]I'm talking about sharing anything personal that's happening in your lives and talking about the crazy lives we lead in general. From interests, to daily activities, to maybe even love interests, this is an open place for self discussions.[/center]

[center][b]I'm also here if anyone needs advice in any situation, someone to listen to them, or just a place to vent. This is about you. You're important. Let's be a tight-knit circle of people and trust what we all have to say.[/b][/center]

[center]So with that, you may just start posting! No need for applications or anything. Just join in the fun with whatever you'd like to share with us.[/center]

[center]All YCM rules apply here, that should be a given.[/center]

IDK much about fashion

But as for acting, Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler are where its at for me~

And I love Hollywood Undead, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Green Day, Red, and Skillet, music-wise~

and haaaai Marisa-sama~

its been way too long =3

Yayayay, hey Darklink! I'm right about that, right? I can't keep up with all the name changes going around here. And I know right, it's been quite a while! Life's been busy, ya feel.

But oh my god, silly, your taste in actors are quite typical, I'd think haha. Not in a bad way though, no worries! Our taste in music doesn't really match up, but that's fine too. It's nice to have a different taste here and there.

How's everything been for you?

yush, you are right. It is me, da one and only Darklink~ >:3

My taste in actors is typical because IDK many of them xD I also like Will Smith tho :3

And I personally like most kinds of music, those are just my favs. What's your taste in music like? :'o

And everythin's been great ^^ I got a girlfriend~ (...again xD)

and I got a job~ =3

What about you? ^^

Totally knew it! It's in the way you type and say things haha.

And that makes sense! Will Smith is typical too aha. But it's alright, at least you have some type of taste!

And my taste centers around indie and alternative. I also really like when artists mix pop with classic sounds such as Lana Del Rey and Kimbra's music. My favorite is Florence + The Machine though. Hands down. Doesn't get any better than that ;)

And oooh, yay! I'm glad you're scoring good with the ladies hehe. It's a really nice thing! Plus, having a job is great too. Probably makes you feel really good about things, being able to work and get paid and all.

And everything's been alright with me. My love life is pretty much a mess, but everything else is treating me really, really nicely. Like I have the most amazing group of friends and no matter what happens I know for a fact I'll be alright because of them.

It's reassuring :)

...Ive never heard about those artists/bands O_O

And its only a part-time job, but yeah, I like it. It's pretty easy. (Customer service at a call center ;P )

...how's you're a love life a mess? D: (you can tell, remember, you always told me before xDD)

And thats great ^^ having a close group of friends is wonderful~ <3

You definitely deserve them :'O

You've never heard of Florence + The Machine? ...oh my god call life alert I've fallen and can't get up that's unbelievable haha. Hold up you have to listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfBY96qxVRQ

That's usually the song people fall in love with her with.

And awh that's good! Nice to have an easy job and still get paid, ya feel ;)

And well, it's just this really long ridiculous story. You'd think a girl would appreciate someone liking them before, during, and after they were in a different relationship, right? Like you don't have to feel anything for that person, but at least appreciate it. At least appreciate you're [i]someone's[/i] first choice, even though that person might not be that important to you. I don't know, the girl I like just isn't appreciating the love I have for her. She used to, but now I feel like nothing.

Yeah, it's the best! And awh haha thank you. You deserve the company of great people too!

...Actually, that song IS really good :'o

Not my usual style of music (I didn't know a style like that existed xD) but I like it =3

I think the closest the genre I mostly listen to gets to that is

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxMfZg3p1YM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxMfZg3p1YM[/url]

...And Ima totally question you about this on MSN :'O

Florence's music is literally perfection. Like it doesn't get any better than that. At least to me, anyways haha.

And woah that song is intense haha. Florence and that band is both intense, but in different aspects.

And sorry my story telling takes foreverrrrrrr haha. There's so much to what happened between us and I never know what details to include.

xDD

Dont worry, I enjoy listening to your stories~ :3 (as usual ;P)

and idk about perfection, but it certainly is intense

And Circles is actually one of HU's softer songs XDD (tho the lyrics are certainly intense...and its almost...eery :'O)

You listen to the dark, emo bands, dontchya ;) Maybe I'll look into more of their songs later. It's not really my style either, but who knows, maybe they'll be an exception.

Haha I love Florence because for whatever reason she reminds me of the Romantic period in European history. Her songs always deal with nature and cycles and the core of feelings, etc. She writes very beautiful lyrics.

And on another topic, over in Panama, you still go to school, right? How's the schooling system over there?

xD

I listen to rap/rock, that they happen to be dark and emo is a bonus ;P (and Skillet and Red, being Christian bands, arent really emo xDD)

However, Linkin Park has recently gotten very away from that (as you can see from A Thousand Suns and their new single, Burn it Down)

Its kind of in a genre of its own, really xD

And I cant say much about her, since I only heard one song, but she does have a purty voice :'D

And yeah, I go to college. Its pretty great education, considering its almost free.

However, due to riots there (angry panameians think it wise to riot right in front of the university) its closed down for now.

How's schooling for you?

Oooh, let's see...the only rapper I really like (who's not even really a rapper aha) is Kid Cudi. Do you listen to his stuff?
I used to listen to all the darker genres of music when I was in 7th grade because I went through that "hate the world" phase haha. Linkin Park was good for me back then, but now I'm more into an arranged orchestra in music, ya know? Like violins and pianos and Florence even uses harps sometimes.

But I did get into harder rock with Queens of the Stone Age. That music is pretty great!

But here, take another listen to Florence's music haha. This is only a demo of hers, but it's actually my favorite song at the moment :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLxUbB_o8I

Ooh damn, that sounds so much nicer than the competition to get into college here and then the thousands of dollars spent on dorms, classes, admission, etc. But ah, sorry to hear that :( Hopefully it's not closed for long, but then again, you get a break from college with all the riots, right? haha.

School's alright here. I'm going into my Junior year of high school when school starts again in August. My school is pretty shitty, but we all get by with the students, who pretty much make the school great.

Yeah yeah, welcome Robyn. Keep to the topics and don't spam anything, because I don't want this to be locked.

Also you should definitely change your avi and sig around. Because like what what what are you doing.

Anywaaaays, tonight I'm going to see Snow White and the Huntsman at THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING. I'm so excited, all the crazy Kristen fans are going to be there, and I'll be involved in that too.

[quote name='kirashoujo' timestamp='1338504529' post='5950041']
Hello I would like to be a part of this wonderful group I am very professional, obviously.
[/quote]ohai Robyn~ :3

[quote name='Marisa Kirisame-ze' timestamp='1338497661' post='5949969']
Oooh, let's see...the only rapper I really like (who's not even really a rapper aha) is Kid Cudi. Do you listen to his stuff?
I used to listen to all the darker genres of music when I was in 7th grade because I went through that "hate the world" phase haha. Linkin Park was good for me back then, but now I'm more into an arranged orchestra in music, ya know? Like violins and pianos and Florence even uses harps sometimes.

But I did get into harder rock with Queens of the Stone Age. That music is pretty great!

But here, take another listen to Florence's music haha. This is only a demo of hers, but it's actually my favorite song at the moment :)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLxUbB_o8I[/media]

Ooh damn, that sounds so much nicer than the competition to get into college here and then the thousands of dollars spent on dorms, classes, admission, etc. But ah, sorry to hear that :( Hopefully it's not closed for long, but then again, you get a break from college with all the riots, right? haha.

School's alright here. I'm going into my Junior year of high school when school starts again in August. My school is pretty shitty, but we all get by with the students, who pretty much make the school great.
[/quote]
...I actually
quite like that

its lovely~

And I actually do listen to other type of music, now that I think about it

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DDo5qXvrqE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DDo5qXvrqE[/url]

Much softer. Piano ftw~

And I quite like not having school <3

[quote name='Marisa Kirisame-ze' timestamp='1338505015' post='5950054']
Yeah yeah, welcome Robyn. Keep to the topics and don't spam anything, because I don't want this to be locked.

Also you should definitely change your avi and sig around. Because like what what what are you doing.

Anywaaaays, tonight I'm going to see Snow White and the Huntsman at THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING. I'm so excited, all the crazy Kristen fans are going to be there, and I'll be involved in that too.
[/quote]....have fun~ X3

Landscape, after Somebody That I Used To Know, is probably my favorite song of all time currently haha. So glad ya like it!

And wow, that song had such a nice beat to it. I love the melody. It's also really sweet :3

And I definitely did have fun! haha. It was a PACKED theatre at midnight and all the fans were cheering and it was really enjoyable.

I can see why. Tho tbh I probly prefer Landscape...for some reason :'O

And Gavin has such amazing songs, some sad, some upbeat, all equally amazing~ (sad that he's not so well known)

I'd recommend Banner Years if you want something upbeat of his, or Days Gone By for a sad, touching, ballad.

(I was obsessed with this dude for a while xD)

And wow, seems like you had a good time ;P

Were you one of the ones cheering? xDD

Because Florence has that type of appeal ;)

And alrighty, I'll look into that when I have more time! I download music all at night, so I'm sure I'll look into Gavin when it's my daily music download session at 2 AM haha. And sometimes it's not too bad when a musician isn't too well known. Sometimes industry changes the way someone creates their music and that's never good :(

And yeah, of course! I was pretty much flipping out because it's been FOREVER since I've seen Kristen Stewart in theatres and Charlize Theron was so beautiful and perfect as the evil queen and there was a preview for Les Miserables with ANNE HATHAWAY and a new movie coming out with Kiera Knightley, so I think this year for movies should be really good.

And in the ending credits, the first song that came was "Breath of Life" by Florence, so I was singing really loudly to that haha.

Honestly, you're right, sadly

Which is why I respect LP, cuz they do music the way they wanna :3

And...I dun understand anything you just said...but sounds kewl :'O

I HAVE heard of Les Miserables tho

and dats epic, lolz xD

I bet your singin's kewl~ :3

[quote name='~Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1338437157' post='5949678']
But as for acting, Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler are where its at for me~
[/quote]

Oh my god Jim Carrey is amazing. And Johnny Depp. <3

As for music... David Bowie for sure. I adore his music. <3

I ended up listening to a lot of 80's stuff cause of my mom, so a lot of bands from that time... And The Cure. :'D

[quote name='Marisa Kirisame-ze' timestamp='1338505015' post='5950054']
[/quote]

I heard that movie was actually really good, but I dunno if I wanna see it or not, did you like it? :'O

Never actually listened to David Bowie...o3o

And yeah, Johnny Depp is my 4th fav actor, his Jack Sparrow and Willy Wonka are brilliant xD

Strangely, idk many bands from the 80s, because the first music I got into was rap, and that was more modern rap, like Eminem, 50 Cent, etc xD

Art is indeed a reason to appreciate life more.
Now about the topic:

Actors: Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Gerard Butler, Leonardo DeCaprio, Harrison Ford, Russel Crowe, and Jason Statham
Actresses: Cameron Diaz, Betty White, Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Lopez, and Catherine Zeta-Jones

Bands: Metallica, Pantera, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Behemoth, and Cannibal Corpse.
DJs: A little Skrillex, Skream, Datsik, Excision, Cluekid, Knife Party, and Deadmau5

...I miss anything? Awesome. ^^

[quote name='~Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1338982945' post='5952878']
Never actually listened to David Bowie...o3o
[/quote]

Do you listen to Queen?
Cause Bowie and Queen did several duo tracks together. The most well known of them is Under Pressure, which Vanilla Ice used to melody from in "Ice Ice Baby"

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about not attending to this sooner. My life really picked up recently and I'll be gone on Monday for a week, but for the time being, welcome to all the new people who posted in here! And yes, Hinagiku, I'd like you to be in itttt.

Kanade: I really thought it was good! Not a blow to the mind like some movies can be, but it was entertaining and quite fun to watch. To be fairly honest, I went to see it because Snow White is my favorite Disney princess and I quite fancy Kristen's face, but my favorite part of the whole thing was the first ending credit when they played "Breathe of Life" by Florence + The Machine haha.

Also, Queen is such a classic! Surely, you've listened to them Darklink. Bohemian Rhapsody is a must to listen to! It's a good rock out song haha.

Also, on another note,
[spoiler=I WISH I COULD PULL THIS OFF][IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2wlvl9u.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

Archived