Kuro no Tsurugi (Pitch-Black Sword) [Another original Rp by Kio][PG-13 - Not accepting]

@Stalfos: It looks good so far. Also, nice comparison with the dinosaur xD I usually don't do that, but my last RP and others I've been in people didn't read all the necessary info, soooo... yeah. It's there now.

@Penguin: Precisely. The only people I want to even be close to mastering a Sun or Moon affinity is a character that spent his/her entire life devoted to attempting to master them, and that would be VERY rare. Think of it this way: It's hard to find a good sushi place but it's almost impossible to find one that won't bankrupt you. They do exist, but it's very unlikely you'd find one.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Penguin: Precisely. The only people I want to even be close to mastering a Sun or Moon affinity is a character that spent his/her entire life devoted to attempting to master them, and that would be VERY rare. Think of it this way: It's hard to find a good sushi place but it's almost impossible to find one that won't bankrupt you. They do exist, but it's very unlikely you'd find one.

Sushi is good, but also a cautious delicacy. D=

Also, I'm gonna create another character, but I'm gonna put the new character on the same post as my first character as well, just so you know where to look.

@Stalfos: It looks good so far. Also, nice comparison with the dinosaur xD

Thanks XD

That brings me to a problem though; I've read that "World of Galileia" thing and I can't find anywhere where a snow covered city would be. I know you said that we could make up our own cities and that, but can we do the same with countries?

Thanks XD

That brings me to a problem though; I've read that "World of Galileia" thing and I can't find anywhere where a snow covered city would be. I know you said that we could make up our own cities and that, but can we do the same with countries?

I assume that, being the Northern most country, Arcadia would be the one where snow cities are, unless on a mountain. But said snow cities, or villages even, would probably at least the upper third of the country.

I also thought that Arcadia would be the most suitable to be snow as far as this case goes, mainly because of Norsk mythologies, which originated from Scandinavian and Germanic countries, and are places with great winters.

Of course, I'm just guessing, I don't know if Kio says otherwise, so don't take my word for it fully, I'm just stating an opinion based on prior and fairly relevant knowledge.

You know, something came into my head just now. There are different definitions to having dual souls. Whether it be a split personality that just merely takes over the choices you make, or dual entities with one having more control over the other. Basically, they are one being but separate as well. So, that leads to me wondering something:

If the one being has two separate entities, does that mean that both entities share one affinity and another of their own?

Think about it (And this is hypothetically speaking since everybody had reserved the other affinities): If my character is two separate entities in one body, and one entity has Fire and Water, the other entity would share the fire affinity and have Wind as his own affinity. So, in all technicality, the one being would have 3 affinities, but each entity would only be able to use their shared affinity and unique affinity given to them.

I'm not saying that's how I want it, as the rest of the affinities might be chosen already, but it's something I think Lilly should keep in mind if that idea is within the limitations of this RP.

You know, something came into my head just now. There are different definitions to having dual souls. Whether it be a split personality that just merely takes over the choices you make, or dual entities with one having more control over the other. Basically, they are one being but separate as well. So, that leads to me wondering something:

If the one being has two separate entities, does that mean that both entities share one affinity and another of their own?

Think about it (And this is hypothetically speaking since everybody had reserved the other affinities): If my character is two separate entities in one body, and one entity has Fire and Water, the other entity would share the fire affinity and have Wind as his own affinity. So, in all technicality, the one being would have 3 affinities, but each entity would only be able to use their shared affinity and unique affinity given to them.

I'm not saying that's how I want it, as the rest of the affinities might be chosen already, but it's something I think Lilly should keep in mind if that idea is within the limitations of this RP.

But... she only has one affinity.

So that idea, as great as it sounds, can't be applied to her character that has control over one affinity, overall.

That aside, I'd honestly just prefer she didn't go for 3 affinities as it'd be going against the two affinities only thing. She could have one character use one affinity and the other use a different, but I won't allow anyone to have more than two.

Blue Red Yellow

Yellow's hard to read isn't it? Now on to the app.

Name: Shin no Hochi

Birth date: December Twenty First

Affinity: Moon

Country of Birth: Nihonshin

City/Village of birth: Kamagakure

Personality: A guarded individual, Shin no Hochi, or Shin as the few who are familiar with him call him, is not comfortable in large crowds and equally uncomfortable in cities or towns of any sort. He frequently refuses to use his Espers, fearing the power that he may unleash and sometimes unleashes unwillingly. Overall he prefers to be left alone, and leaves others alone unless they confront him directly. Concerning combat, he prefers to leave his foes alive but does not always have a choice in the matter. Concerning his hates, he does not tolerate it when the innocent are taken advantage of, but unfortunately he cannot make a living by honest means in most cases and has to steal simply to stay alive. What he likes is a more difficult question. He has had a hard time finding anything to like, aside from the peace he gets when alone.

[spoiler=Espers:]

Tsukuyomi: An orb of pure darkness gathers within Shin's left hand, taking a moment to coalesce. Once it has fully formed, he stretches out his hand towards his target and the darkness rushes forth in the shape of a spear at the speed equivalent to a bullet. Once the orb has manifested, it remains and can be recharged quickly to fire again. Instead of a single large spear, a shotgunesque burst of smaller spears can be fired as well.

Blade of Shadow: Shin charges the energies of darkness into either his hand or a weapon he carries. He then brings either the hand or the weapon about in a rapid arc, letting a curved blade of pure shadows fly forth towards his target. The blade travels quickly, at about the speed of a bolt from a crossbow, and equals a masterfully forged sword in sharpness.

Think of this next one not so much as a spell but as a limit break of sorts.

Lord of Night:

In times of incredible stress or dire need, Shin is overcome by the power of darkness within him. The shadows manifest themselves throughout the whole of his body, transforming him into the personification of darkness. It can be determined that this has occurred when his entire body becomes as if it were composed of shadows and his eyes begin to faintly glow red. When in this form, Shin moves at supernatural speeds and can teleport from place to place through the shadows cast by physical objects. At night, when in this form, Shin becomes almost entirely undetectable.

[spoiler=Weapon(s):]

Shin carries a blade similar to the Katanas common in his homeland, and about four and a half feet in length, with one exception. The hilt is of a style foreign to Nihonshin. Questions to his father, the original maker of the blade, never revealed the origin of the style.[spoiler=The Blade]The_Slicer_by_Soulflame81-1.jpg

About a year ago, Shin came across a trade caravan from Folkuliere. The caravan guards, recognizing him as a wanted criminal, made to attack him. He fought them off, and the caravaners fled before him rather than right. He moved forward to take advantage of this unexpected boon, and in his search for supplies he came across a curious weapon which he has wielded ever since. [spoiler= The Weapon]Nelri_Blade_Concept___III_by_Aikurisu.jpg

The blades on this weapon are each half the length of the blade of the sword his father made.

On either hand, SHin wears a pair of metallic gauntlets. While the gauntlets themselves are not weapons, each one bears a small Cylindrical tube along the back of the hand. These tubes are connected to Nether Gem Batteries located in the mechanical workings of the gauntlets themselves and are capable of firing focused bursts of raw mana at a short range, ten meters at the longest.

Voice Actor: Eric Vale

[spoiler=Appearance:]The_wanderer_by_Shandra_chan.jpg

To answer the questions unanswered by this picture, Shin's hair is dark black and shaped into short backward facing spikes on his head. His eyes are a dull grey in color, but always have a faint shine to them. The bladed weapons he carries are held out of scabbards upon his back, held in place by a small nether gem powered device which projects a magnetic field. This sort of device is common enough to be used by anyone who doesn't want to bother with a shield.

[spoiler=Biography:] Shin no Hochi was born twenty two years ago on the winter solstice. The ground in the village of Kamagakure was covered in snow, and the skies were unusually clear as a full moon shone down. His mother was in labor, and his father was putting the finishing touches on the sword he would teach his son to wield, as was the tradition in that village. Moments before Shin was born, a black dot, which twinkled like a star against the light of the moon, appeared and was visible to all for miles around but was seen as directly in the center only in Kamagakure. Just as he was born, Shin's mother died mysteriously. Though it was investigated thoroughly, no one could ever determine the cause. This became the unfortunate origin of Shin's name, as the village sage named him "Shin no Hochi" ("Death's star in the common tongue) after the black object which had appeared in the skies that night. For the rest of his life Shin was tormented by the events surrounding his birth as well as his name. His father was the only person he could draw comfort from, and under his stern guide he quickly mastered the way of wielding the rather strange blade his father had made. It was one day, the day of his twelfth birthday actually, when a group of villagers came into his home while he was sleeping and dragged him out into the night. His father tried to intervene and was killed by the very people he thought were his friends. The villagers, thinking that he was a bad omen and having decided he had lived for too long, drug him into the center of town and made to burn him. It was then that he was overcome by the dormant power of the Esper within him and first became the Lord of Night. The entire population of the town lie dead by morning, and a soldier who had been staying the night in the town was roused by the commotion and fled as quickly as he could back to Takamagahara to give news of this to the Shogunate. Within a week of the event Shin was the most wanted criminal in Nihonshin and was pursued by nearly the entire country. He was forced to flee, but was pursued and in his wake he inevitably left a trail of death which has lead to his becoming one of the most wanted criminals in all of Galileia, with a much larger target painted on the back of his head so far as Nihonshin is concerned. During that time, a particular Bounty Hunter who Identified himself only as The Burning Fist challenged Shin and was, against Shin's wishes, slain. It was from this man that Shin gained his gauntlets. A year ago, his trail went cold and most pursuers ceased to track him, supposing that he had been killed secretly or caught. The truth is that Shin has made his way into the Melody Desert in Allegretto, hoping to find some place where he could live without being chased and perhaps find some clue as to the location of the Pitch-Black Sword, thinking that finding such a relic would help people to see that he wasn't truly evil at all.

Crush: We'll see. Maybe one will come along as the story progresses.

Theme Song: Shin:

Lord of Night:

Here's one. Might have others later.

[spoiler= Application]Yellow Red Blue

Name: Francisque Étude Chopin

Birthdate: March 1st

Affinity: Water / Earth

Country of Birth: Allegretto

City/Village of birth: Capitol Harmony

Personality: ​Fran is a duplicitous, callous sort of creature prone to bouts of ego and immaturity. Primarily a selfish person, most of what Fran does can be traced back to whatever she happens to want at the time- money, fame, etcetera. Though self-serving, she is not stupid; rather, she is very much aware of how to manipulate people towards her desires, and has no scruples towards using this to her advantage; indeed, she often gets a kick out of using people, especially ones that she considers 'stupid'. Far as Fran is concerned, people do not deserve sympathy if she hasn't gotten any- she's not very good at putting herself into other's shoes, nor does she want to be.

One might hesitate at calling Fran evil, however. Though obviously not a pleasant person, she still attempts to shy away from extreme cruelty- especially for no reason. Her selfishness is a defence mechanism more than not, designed to alienate her from possible allies or friends- Fran has managed to convince herself that facing life alone is far preferable to having anyone else to worry about. Though her short term goals seem very short-sighted, it becomes readily apparent that Fran really has her country's best interests at heart- and she really does care about the other citizens of Allegretto, if not the individual. Much of what she does is motivated for what she thinks is the greater good, and how she'll accomplish that- she doesn't particularly care about other people's opinions, because she's already decided on what's best.

Espers:

Clay Shadow - Fran creates a rough human-shaped mannequin from the earth, then varnishes it with a thin layer of water that perpetually reflects her current appearance. Fran can then manipulate the actions of the mannequin until it is grievously damaged, with minimal effort- forming a mannequin is a very fast process and requires very little thought on her end to control, though creating multiple places an abnormal strain on her. Currently, she can simultaneously command three Clay Shadows maximum, though their actions would be limited and she could not participate in a combat situation in that state.

Clay shadows cannot use Espers, but they can attack using copies of Fran's weapons (though obviously, made from clay and thus somewhat less fatal). Clay Shadows will naturally disintegrate after one-and-a-half hours, though their illusion spell will wear off within thirty minutes if the sun is shining.

Liar's Mist - Fran covers a reasonable (25 x 25 meters outdoors, or the entirety of a closed room) with thick fog that distorts the senses of those trapped within. Those trapped within will be assaulted by random smells, slowly have their nerves numbed, build up pressure within the ears and face a landscape that takes on a mirror-like quality in a semi-random direction. Even if Fran were to stand still in the center of the mist, it's still mildly unlikely someone could find her- the eyes of those looking for her would be easily deceived. While potent, Liar's Mist will dissipate quickly under sunlight, and is completely useless against those of a Water affinity.

Weapon(s): Fran uses a staggering variety of weaponry, most of which being projectile-based with easily-concealed ammunition. Her signature weapons are a set of playing cards- a deck of 78 playing cards, each with a razor edge equipped with a different sort of poison. Some target the opponent's vision, whereas others are muscle relaxants, mental suppressants or sleep-inducers; while few are outright fatal and often won't win a fight in a single cut, the deliberating effects are cumulative on an enemy, their variation helping to prevent the opponent from adapting during the right itself. The cards are slightly magical, charged by a generator found in the deck box, and thus their poisons never need to be replenished and may return to Fran's hand at a single gesture, though Fran must periodically replace the Nether Gem.

Fran also carries a set of Thousand Needles, which are projectile weapons that can be carried in various holsters hidden in Fran's clothing. The needles are simple, long shafts with a bladed edge, though they are coated in a light poison that prevents blood clotting, causes infectious contamination and numbs the skin, causing the opponent to bleed out rather quickly if caught by several of the needles.

Fran also carries five small throwing knives at her at all times, which can also be used as close-combat punch daggers in a pinch. She typically carries a number of soft explosive spheres, which are used for demolition and escape purposes, as well as a larger "suicide" brand bomb kept solely for bartering purposes. When in combat, however, Fran uses everything to her advantage- if her weapons aren't availible to her, she will gladly make due with whatever she can find.

Appearance: Francisque is a taller girl, standing just shy of six feet, with a head of shocking red hair that falls just short of her shoulders. A single bang sticks up at a slight angle towards her back right, and she rarely sees fit to try and do anything about it- she doesn't generally appear very well kept. Even so, she is obviously quite attractive, with striking cheekbones and large blue eyes; she was blessed with a rather shapely figure and above-average bust, qualities she takes pains to accentuate in most of her clothing- at least when she wants the public at large to notice her.

When disguising herself as a gypsy, she ironically wears the closest thing she has to her 'preferred' clothing- flowing, vaguely mismatched garments of lush green, black and velvet red. She wears a thick mantle around her neck, and a black blouse with a low neckline, combined with a three-part skirt that forms part of her outlying coat. In this clothing, she wears a large amount of jewellery around her neck and hands, and keeps a veil across most of her face- this allows her to keep the sort of sultry mystique that fortune-telling gypsies would.

Outside of that situation however, Fran's clothing is much more muted. When hiding in the desert, she wears brown leathers and a beige hood to keep off the sun while blending into her surroundings; beneath the leathers are a standard, tight-fitting cotton shirt and pair of pants, which makes up the very basics of her clothing elsewise.

Biography: Francisque Étude Chopin was born to the noble Chopin family, aristocrats of Harmony since years bygone, and was raised as such for much of her life. Treated to a world of privilege and excess, she grew quite spoiled rather quickly, preferring to stay ignorant and arrogant rather than learn the specifics of the world she was thrust into. Since she was a rather poor student, too pig-headed to coerce into basically anything, and wilfully ignorant of the people around her, she was caught totally unaware when the King's men appeared at the doorstep to their estate on day, citing charges of conspiracy involving the entire family.

Though she never learned the entire story, it appeared that Fran's father (and head of the family), had intended to challenge the Falsetto ownership of the throne based on some documents from hundreds of years ago that might suggest others had such a claim- as a result, the current kingship had decided the family was a diseased branch, a group of possible opponents that must be removed before the rot spilled elsewhere. The Chopin family was executed in one fell swoop, Fran only managing to fall through the cracks due to her mother's insistence that she was a "filthy street urchin" brought in for unrelated matters. She was left penniless and alone on the streets.

Or perhaps not as much. There had been those who supported the Chopin family, though the Royal house and other nobles tried to cover up the mass execution from the public as best as they could. Fran got money, training when she wanted it, and more than that- a purpose. Some of these supporters had a theory- that it was the Chopin family that had the right to the throne, not the Falsetto family. At some point, this became fact in Fran's mind- and she retreated to the outskirts of Harmony, the desert wastes, in order to oppose the current government from a safe location.

She became a bandit, attacking those who went by. They didn't matter, really- normal people were not her concern. She had a plan, or so she thought, to tear down the monarchy and replace the throne with herself- become ruler of all Allegretto. That was her purpose.

Crush:

Theme Song:

(General) /
(Combat)

@Lily: If you want to make 4 more characters, be my guest, just make sure you can control them all.

@Keto: Looks good, and you're accepted.

@Hydra: You're also accepted, but there was a small mistake in your app, which looking back is my fault. Fermata is the capitol city, not Harmony. Again, that's my fault though, so I'll fix it.

EDIT: Keto it's cool xD You messaged me before I put it up so I'd feel wrong if I didn't accept you xD

I agree with Penguin, Keto's 'limit break' is overpowered.

And "the most wanted man in Gallilea"? He accidentally killed some people. Any sane government would more likely prioritise the capture of organised killers; assassins like my guy. I'd believe 'one of the most wanted', but not 'the most wanted'.

And I'll be finishing my app tomorrow. My arsehole of a dad's taken my laptop, and I don't know where it is.

I agree with Penguin, Keto's 'limit break' is overpowered.

And "the most wanted man in Gallilea"? He accidentally killed some people. Any sane government would more likely prioritise the capture of organised killers; assassins like my guy. I'd believe 'one of the most wanted', but not 'the most wanted'.

And I'll be finishing my app tomorrow. My arsehole of a dad's taken my laptop, and I don't know where it is.

The "limit break" as I called it only activates in extreme circumstances, so it's not going to be a frequent occurrence in the RP. As far as being the "most wanted man in gallilea" it isn't known by many, if any, people that he can't control that form. I know I should have made it more clear, but he's so wanted because the death toll he's racked up is substantial because so many people have gone after him to kill him and ended up dying in the process. The main theory as to what he is is that he's a Demon or some sort of creature which otherwise has no business existing in this realm. Again, sorry for not making it more clear...also sorry for the second post on this page. I'm not exactly a rational man at 4:00 in the morning.

Also I just realized something...Shin and Penguin's character Miekka have the same birthday. Like exactly, both twenty-two years old and both born on the winter solstice. XD gotta love coincidences.

Archived