Kuro no Tsurugi (Pitch-Black Sword) [Another original Rp by Kio][PG-13 - Not accepting]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then my guys got the summer solstice! How funny!

And I still think it shouldn't be the most wanted. I'd tone it down a little. I mean, there's bound to be people that are just as wanted. (when I've finished the bio) My guy's a massively successful assassin/thief/spy that would probably be very wanted in the eastern 3 countries(if they didn't hire him)

And I still think it shouldn't be the most wanted. I'd tone it down a little. I mean, there's bound to be people that are just as wanted. (when I've finished the bio) My guy's a massively successful assassin/thief/spy that would probably be very wanted in the eastern 3 countries(if they didn't hire him)

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Although I sorta agree with the whole, most wanted man. I might accept it to the point where he might be one of the most in the land, and maybe most wanted in his home country, but that's as far as I would go.

My main concern is the Espers really. As far as I can tell, they don't have an indication of whether or not they're weak, or have the possibility to miss or go haywire, or etc. Or maybe I just read wrong, which I admit may happen.

Although I sorta agree with the whole, most wanted man. I might accept it to the point where he might be one of the most in the land, and maybe most wanted in his home country, but that's as far as I would go.

My main concern is the Espers really. As far as I can tell, they don't have an indication of whether or not they're weak, or have the possibility to miss or go haywire, or etc. Or maybe I just read wrong, which I admit may happen.

About the most wanted man thing, I'll be changing that now that I've had a chance to think about it. I finished that app at four o' clock in the morning so there's gonna be a few flaws.

About the Espers, they're both projectile attacks. It's not like he can alter their course once they're in the air, so they can miss or be dodged or hell even blocked if one can block something like that.

About the most wanted man thing, I'll be changing that now that I've had a chance to think about it. I finished that app at four o' clock in the morning so there's gonna be a few flaws.

I remember that my first was done early in the morning, and I don't remember there being any flaws. <.<

*goes to check*

Also, Kio, I finished my second character, who is on the same post as my first character, just so you know where to look.

Hey Kio, would a city of something like Kakure (Nihonshin city) be fine? It's like a certain part of the city where most common people stay away from due to strange rumors of things and such, and it's like a dark hidden forest? Also, would you allow an exception that my guy can have 3 spells? One is creating a field, where time inside is altered, another is distorting space and manipulating it within small spaces, but the 3rd as a combined Time-Space Laser that fires from his gauntlet, the magics making the beam look distorted and weird, and sometimes slowing/speeding up? If so, here's my app. :D

[spoiler=App]Name: Rin Nyutoraru

Birthdate: January 13

Affinity: Void (Time-Space Dimension Manipulation)

Country of Birth: Nihonshin

City/Village of birth: Mizuchiha

[spoiler=Personality]Rin's personality depends on whether he's just normal, or rather in his Battle Forme. Normally though, Rin is kind, and happy to be just a "regular Esper", helping people out. However, Rin can be seen sometimes troubled, and has some 'bad' moments, when he starts getting over emotional (thinking about some overly sad things, etc). Rin used to be seen wandering around Mizuchiha, enjoying all the life and feeling of goodness in the air with his parents, smiling and bouncing around happily. However, after his parents died horribly, Rin has utterly changed, and fled, although rumors existed that he retreated to Kakure, a forbidding forest, that seems to have a thick air of malice hanging around it, which makes everyone avoid it, except the rumored-to-be monstrous creatures that dwell there natively. When Rin changes into his 'Battle Forme', he becomes more malicious, and uncaring for people's lives, and has a utterly pragmatic approach to life that would shock everyone he once knew. Indeed, even his normal self has become affected, and Rin can no longer be seen smiling, but rather has a constant almost resigned, yet unhappy face.

[spoiler=Espers]Jiku Doreiku: Creates a barrier that Rin can manipulate the shape of, although it's largest volume he can make it as of yet it is 400 ft3, and if he makes it that wide, it becomes incredibly thin and fragile. The smaller, the stronger. Once the barrier is created, he can start to manipulate Time or Space inside the barrier form (but only 1 at a time), although this requires tremendous focus, and energy. If Rin is interrupted enough to lose his focus, the energy he used so far drains double from him. Rin only uses this when he is sure he can handle other threats first, because even the slightest break in concentration can be devastating. However, if it is successful, Time or Space loses all control inside the barrier, and Rin can do literally anything with Time or Space in the barrier. However, being so young, and the magics so powerful, at the maximum time, Rim can only maintain the spell 2 minutes after starting to cast, leaving him with about only a minute to affect Time or Space. If Rin tries to keep the magic up after the 2 minutes, the type of magic he used will start to affect his own body in random places randomly, which could easily be fatal. Also, when he has around 10 seconds left, the barrier starts to waver, and crack. This is mainly a offensive, defensive or assistive spell, allowing him to rip the enemy apart, teleport, move the enemy, move objects, or to confuse the enemy to finish with an attack, or to make a hasty escape. However, with every average powerful hit Rin makes, or powerful change he creates (anything that would affect a life [teleporting from danger, confusing enemy to attack, etc]), they reduce the remaining time (of the 2 minutes) by 10 seconds. However, this being such a tremendously game-changing Esper, the Esper drains a stunning amount of energy. Rin only uses this if he has to, because overextending can easily lead to passing out, or dying.

Jiku Reza: One of his typical every day fighting helpers, Rin forms a small sphere of energy between his fingers, in which Time and Space are strangely manipulated, and expands the sphere. Once the sphere reaches a size a bit smaller than a baseball, it starts to tear things around it apart, from the utter emptiness formed inside, where nothing can form. A small laser fires from the center out, and rapidly expands into a cannon-blast sort of energy beam. The beam is a weird monstrosity, of a gray colored beam, surrounded by a larger purplish, red, and blue-white streaks of Chaos swarming around the beam, forming a beam that can become as thick as a double-handed sword's grip is tall. The cannon-blast's size depends on the size of the orb, and how much energy Rin expends to use it. Rin could make a minor one, that would serve more as of a distraction, forming a miniscule sphere, with a thin beam of light shooting out for a few seconds, not requiring virtually any energy. He could also make a beam that could destroy major buildings like nothing, although something like this would create a obvious shine, and a dome of light around Rin, focusing for around a few dozen seconds to prepare the orb, then to hold and keep firing the beam would mean around another 10-20 seconds, in all time he is vulnerable to wherever he doesn't face, as it takes energy and time (ironically) to swing the laser around, which by that time, the person could've dodged. The beam's power also requires on Rin, and in a weakened state, it could kill him, if he goes overboard. The beam's maximum massive power also uses his blood for part of its energy, so this particular move literally drains his life. If Rin uses it full-power, multiple times, or when tired (or any combination), blood can be seen dripping from Rin's hands, and leaking out sometimes from his eyes.

[spoiler=Weapons]Right arm gauntlet/claw: http://play-and-fun....less-fist02.png The left claw, arm, everything, but on Rin's right arm. The massive blade on the back of the hand can be used for reverse slashes, and serves as a miniature sword. The flames from it taint anything they touch, burning and eating away, although the fire disappears after a few seconds. However, the fire still leaves painful burns, helping hinder movement. If he points all his fingers together, then he can form the Jiku Reza at the tip of his fingers. Through the Nether Gems embedded at the sides, he can use his mind to launch the gauntlet as if shot from a rocket, attached to a cord of grey energy back to his hand. The more plain arm on Raven's right is on Rin's left, but instead of the crossing fabric, the bottom side is smooth titanium-reinforced alloy. When not in use, the gauntlets melt into Rin's skin, leaving a tattoo like pattern on his arms. When activated, they melt out of the skin into a gas, which morphs into the correct shapes and solidifies. The sharp edges of the gauntlets are as sharp as his sword, and the entire gauntlet is just as durable. The gauntlet's color scheme is all very subdued, in shades of grey, black, white, and silver. Also, in times of desperation, Rin can launch his fist like a rocket, connected by a gray cord back to his hand. If the cord is cut, then Rin has to reattach the gauntlet and wait for the cord tissues to sew themselves back together.

Sword: http://img.applesfer...inityblade3.jpg The Infinity Blade, but glowing with a purple/red/blue/white mixed swirling hue, and the blade is a grey-ish color rather than whitish. Rin is amazingly adept at the usage of swords, considering his birthplace and such. After he obtained the blade, he just changed his skills a little bit to match a sword like this. The blade flies silently, aiding in hiding, and strikes true, its Nether Gem blade enhanced with powers, although they decrease through use, its blade is sharp enough to cut through diamonds like butter, and will retain that ability until it becomes broken or such. Against weak blades, it can slice right through, although in combat with other normal people or Esper-enhanced people, the blade's edge will become as sharp as a typical steel sword, in order to ensure a more-or-less fair fight. Every thing he bests with the blade through a mysterious magic, refuel the Gem slightly. During a particularly strong moment, he can lash out with the blade, and a shockwave flies off of it fast at the enemy. Rin can also unwind the rope wrapped around the blade's handle to swing the blade around as if by a whip, and can control distances by pulling the rope in or lashing back out with it. The maximum reach with this is around 5 feet. If the rope is severed, then Rin loses control of the blade. Normally, this blade is hidden behind his back, with the handle pointing left and the blade face-down. When not in use, the blade folds in itself to become the size of a small knife.

Hidden blades: In an Altair-esque fashion, Rin has 4 blades hidden in each arm, around it, and he can trigger the nearly foot-long blade to fly out of the handle with his mind and small Nether Gems embedded in the base of each. If he wishes to, Rin can shoot the blades as like a bullet, but then he will have to manually add in another blade in the spots that are missing. However, as with his detachable hand, he can lash the blades out, in a flurry of metal.

***With all of Rin's weapons, anything powered by a "magic" sort of type can only be used as long as the Nether Gems still have power left. Otherwise, they become ordinary weapons of steel, although they recharge slowly by themselves. The energy recovered from destroying something (conscious in a way, zombies, monsters, etc) is 1/100 of the total energy needed. Otherwise, the weapons take around 12 hours to recharge from fully empty to fully charged, if they weren't used during that period. The unique Nether Gems draw power from the Sun and Moon. Depending on which, interesting differences can occur (tints of color in weapons, etc)***

Voice Actor (English): Haley Joel Osment (Vanitas voice)

Voice Actor (Japanese): Miyu Irino (Vanitas voice)

[spoiler=Appearance]Rin has black hair, with silver streaks in some places, and overall, his face is sturdy and slightly chiseled, although they retain some youthfulness from when he was younger. His eyes are a strange black (left) and silvery (right). A thin scar can be seen across his left cheek. Rin has tan skin, nice and healthy, except for some burns, scars and others of the sort. His chest has several old scars from his childhood along with his back. Rin is strong and has decent muscles, but is more of a lithe person, dodging and weaving around, because his scars have completely healed, and he is not the strong, brute type. His left ear has a small swirling stud of the Earth that rotates. He is usually seen, when he is rarely, and even more rarely in his regular form, in a plain grey shirt, slightly covered by a unzipped jacket with white and black swirls all around, and patches of grey. Rin is usually wearing jeans if he is seen at that time. However, if Rin appears in his battle form, the clothes melt away to a tight-fitting grey shirt and pants, completely encompassed by a gray cloak with the hood up. If someone catches a glimpse of the face, it is covered by a mask of an oval-ish Ying-Yang shape, with hidden openings for the eyes, which have faded to a clear-ish color. One thing to be noted is both of Rin's hands in this state are normal, with a white glove on the left, and black on the right, unless his weapons are activated.

[spoiler=Biography]Rin was a happy child just like everyone else, but he had unique Esper powers, which he had fun with before he grew up, calling animals over, and growing plants, which disappeared when he became 12. His parents loved him, and brought him to have fun all around Mizuchiha, with softly drifting petals, which he enjoyed immensely. He helped his friends, and they helped him, and all around, it was a wonderful time. Alas, it was not to be. During one silent night after his parents tucked him in, with young 12-year old Rin sleeping soundly, and the parents sleeping as well, under the covers of darkness, they crept in silently, and brutally massacred his parents, who died silently. They were just about to do the same to the child, when they noticed something weird. The second they got close to Rin, they started aging unnaturally fast, and they couldn't touch him, and they were shocked, because the intel they had received said nothing about powers of Time, when the very Space around them warped, tearing them apart. Rin woke up to the horrible sight of his parents laying on the floor, dried blood all around them, but noticed the bodies of some petty criminals, with blood on their blades, and wondered. But his parents, his wonderful parents who cared for him 12 long years, and had happy times together were dead. Rin clenched his fist and screamed out in anguish, not noticing what he did. He grieved over his parents, when he noticed the room was suddenly bright, and felt a gust of wind. He looked around to see the whole house in shreds, dissolving into dust as he stared. Rin realized what he had done, and went over to a young sapling and focused, when he saw it age into a full-grown tree. He went over to a small pebble and thought, and it vanished, and reappeared in the air, 10 feet above him. Although his discoveries were tainted with grief, he felt awed at the tremendous power he had, when he saw that the guards had also noticed, and tried to capture him, when Rin broke free, and ran off into the woods, he later realized were not the mild ones, but the rumored to be evil Kakure Forests. Too late, as he stepped in, he immediately knew something was wrong, but couldn't stop it, and blacked out. When Rin woke up, he called for his parents, before he realized what had happened. He thought still, at a young age, that the criminals were the bad guys, but the guards didn't help him either, and resolved not to help or be either. With this choice, he felt his arms getting heavy, and saw a heavy claw formed from his right arm, and a casing around the left, and panicked. Immediately, the gauntlets dissolved into a mist which soaked into his arms. Heavily breathing, he tried to form them again, and tested fighting with it, against a tree, and swung the gauntlet. Not feeling any resistance, he was curious, until he saw the tree cut so cleanly, it had stuck for a second, before falling in pieces to the ground. And so Rin practiced this fighting, and learned techniques, through a voice in his head. Rin survived for the next 2 years, living off the forest, gradually noticing changes, such as a rudimentary cloak forming around him sometimes. At 14, he left the forest quietly, and obtained some weapons. After that, the now teenager had the feel for Nether Gem enhanced weapons, and how much energy the Gems had left. Eventually, after he returned to his 'haven', he practiced more, with his 'voice' as a guide. At 15, the voice left his body, and became a glob of intelligent "something", which followed him around, becoming close to Rin, and more like a close friend than a pet or guide after a few months. After this, Rin left the Kakure Forests, and started to wander around, helping people sometimes, and just living, without really a side to fight for. If he can detect someone looking for him, with his spatial abilities, he can easily disappear. As of now, he is said to be somewhere in Allegretto, although no one can catch him. Rin's alliance is neutral, and he will help any side he feels is in his best interest.

Crush: N/A

Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTKB0uSHUSc&feature=autoplay&list=PL177B04F85246D109&playnext=17&shuffle=107567

Blue Red Yellow

Thanks KC~ :D And I tested the link but it's fine. About that powerful thing, I tried to make drawbacks, but I probably miserably failed. //sob

Give me a few minutes reading those Espers. I'll think of a few drawbacks.

That, or the Espers themselves can be weak, as Kio mentioned some time ago.

EDIT:

Jikan Hendo and Kukan Sei Kei: I'm think that some sort of drawback should be taken after several minutes or so of activation, the energy fields start to fall apart, bit by bit. OR, there is a possibility that the Espers may effect Rin as well, that maybe the Space Esper to his imagination becomes slightly distorted as well, Time Esper affects his sense of Time to a degree.

Jiku Reza: I get the feeling that you based this power off of Psyren, am I right?

I mean, the Affinity is a made-up one, so I don't know how Kio would want their strengths to be, considering that Sun/Moon > Everything else, they're piss hard to master and even more rare than finding a dragon. The normal affinities being common and probably easier to master. So I'm not sure if your affinity is considered in the middle?

Also, 15 years old. I personally find that a bit conflicting considering the Espers. Just an opinion, but I don't like having teenagers with high-end powers.

I have to agree with penguin on this, I mean the sheer power of what you're giving him is pretty high and denotes having some serious drawbacks. To be honest, if the Lord of Knight form was just an instant any time use for Shin Rin would still be vastly overpowered when compared to him. I mean the potential ability to freely manipulate time and space? Not to mention the fact that he's mastered these incredibly powerful, and likely advanced, Espers at such a young age? Just...I dunno how to really suggest a fix to you that doesn't involve just remaking the character.

I have to agree with penguin on this, I mean the sheer power of what you're giving him is pretty high and denotes having some serious drawbacks. To be honest, if the Lord of Knight form was just an instant any time use for Shin Rin would still be vastly overpowered when compared to him. I mean the potential ability to freely manipulate time and space? Not to mention the fact that he's mastered these incredibly powerful, and likely advanced, Espers at such a young age? Just...I dunno how to really suggest a fix to you that doesn't involve just remaking the character.

I won't say remaking the character, just rethinking the Espers.

Perhaps, the Space can be something like teleportation, while Time... well I don't know what to think up for Time reall.

Actually, I'm having problems finding the time to finish my app as well. That and I have slight writer's block (too many ideas coming out at once, and I have a hard time deciding what ideas to actually go with)

I'll see if I can step on it later today/tonight, but I have school tomorrow (the only day each week that I actually have it) and the last thing I want happening is me being even remotely tired.

EDIT: Right, it's almost finished. I just need to do the Personality and the Biography, which I'll do after school.

[spoiler= Application]

Name: Blues / Alcor Septrius

Birthdate: February 14

Affinity: Ice

Country of Birth: Zodiacis

City/Village of birth: Scorpio

Personality: Blues is an exceptionally laid-back fellow, willing to take a back seat and watch the world pass by without moving a muscle. He has a good sense of humor, if perhaps a bit dark, and is rather easy to get along with on a casual basis. Most people meeting with him tend to think he hasn't a care in the world- the planet could crumble around him, and his biggest concern would be that he couldn't drink at his favourite bar any longer.

In reality, Blues had reached the point in his life where he finds it difficult to care about things any more. He's said his piece, done his dance- despite not being very old, really all he wants is to retire from reality. He tried and failed, and he tries not to remind himself of that- typically by drinking a lot and hitting on women -subtly of course (he IS a gentleman, after all, and one has to keep a certain amount of decorum).

Unfortunately, Blues' heart tends to get him into more trouble than his head wants to deal with. His sense of justice is refined, even if he tells himself he's past the point of heroism- he still drops most of his money (that doesn't go to his drinks) into the laps of the poor, and predators that hunt the streets tend to meet an unfortunate fate when they reveal themselves too quickly. When someone does something he can't abide by, and he can't ignore its existence, he feels almost compelled to fight against it. He knows its futile, really, but some part of him isn't cynical enough that he can deny someone help that he can see in front of him.

Espers:

Polar Chain: Blues releases a burst of blue energy either from his hand or his gun, which detonates into a thin mist the moment it hits something solid. Anything living within one-and-a-half cubic meters of the detonation instantly has thick chains made of ice form around them, anchored to the center of the burst- the chains become thicker depending on how much was enveloped by the burst, and how close it was to the center. If a part of the body is hit directly by the burst, it forms a peg- a thick chunk of ice that skewers through the hit part much like a sword, or thick dagger. The chains cannot be removed from a body with a peg stuck in it unless the peg itself is destroyed- naturally, the peg is the strongest part of the chain.

Chains melt naturally after a few minutes unless periodically refreshed by Blues.

Polar Light: Blues summons a large orb of immaculate light and throws it. The sphere moves slowly, but it actually transforms anything that it touches into pure ice (of appropriate thickness). Things imbued with magical energy freeze far slower, and the orb cannot touch objects that are vastly superior to its magical power. The orb radiates coldness, and disappears as soon as Blues stops feeding power to it; while he is capable of doing other things while sustaining the orb, he cannot cast other Espers while it is in play. Since the orb actually freezes the air around it, it is much better at freezing enclosed spaces rather than outdoor locations (especially sealed locations).

Weapon(s): Blues uses the Horse and Rider, a massive gun system shaped from two distinct parts. The first, the Horse, is a Great Halberd; a polearm weapon made of lightweight metal that balances a massive, slightly hooked blade at the top. The weapon resembles a Horse Sword, hence the name, and is easily capable of decapitating large creatures given a good positioning; it is a weapon best used given a certain amount of range, though, given that it is difficult to strike those very close to Blues, if they manage such an approach.

The second component is Rider, a flintlock pistol containing six shots. Each bullet is specially made from magic-receptive crystals, and the barrel of the gun contains a Nether Gem-based generator that imbues each bullet with a spark of power; as such, the bullets fired by rider will explode into small fireballs when they connect with an object. Though the weapon itself has no other properties than that, it has a certain amount of infamy due to Blue's personal promise- whenever he fires it, he will. Never. Miss.

The Horse and Rider is formed by detaching part of Horse's shaft, which interlocks with the barrel of Rider. The blade of Horse provides an additional flint against the weapon's barrels, and the shaft forms an exceptionally long sniper barrel, complete with legs that keep it held still. When in this state, the function of the Nether Gem generator in Rider resonates against a gem found in the base of Horse, changing its function- in exchange for additional energy consumption, the bullets fired from Horse and Rider actively chase opponents, and explode into a great inferno almost instantaneously.

Appearance: Blues is a larger man, standing at about 6'4 with significant muscle mass behind it, and has a dark olive complexion common to his country of birth. His most distinctive feature are his dark-tinted sunglasses, which are worn everywhere and at all times of the day- largely to hide the unnatural reddish-pink tone of his eyes. He generally keeps his beard at a respectable five-o-clock shadow, and wears his dark hair rather long- only about a hand's width above his waist, though usually kept tied back. He has a triangular face, somewhat incongruous with his large body- which is only exasperated by his unusual dress. Blues usually insists on flowing purple cloth robes, usually with the top left slightly undone so he can show off his impressive chest. While not exactly finery, this makes him look almost totally unsuited for combat- indeed, he carries his weapon in an instrument case rather than anything more combat efficient simply because he hopes he doesn't have to actually use it.

Blues' body is covered in a number of markings and scars, some more obvious than others. His left shoulder, if bared, is covered in burns in the shape of various numbers- successively larger values each time, ranging from 120 to 50,000. The exact amounts are mostly obscured by a large black tattoo that covers most of his left arm (down to his wrist, including the back of his hand), also handily obscuring a number of other burns and scars. His chest has a number of scars across it, some looking more grievous than others. A couple of smudges across his chest appear like they were once tatoos of some sort, but later ruined by some sort of inking or injury. One in particular seemed burned into the skin, but is now disfigured by a large and painful-looking stab wound scar near his heart.

Biography: Blues was born Alcor Septrius to a family in Scorpio, alongside his twin brother Mizar. The Septrius family became a large one- including Mizar and their elder brother Alkaid, Blues had seven siblings. The problems with this were rather self-evident; while to begin with, the Septrius family had a small fortune of a sort, it was quickly whittled to a significant debt after a decade or so of their parent's compulsive gambling habits. With barely enough to feed the family, both their parents ended up borrowing from (and eventually reneging on debts to) a variety of unlawful persons within the city. When the various moneylending mafias and gangs lost interest in the couple, they were quickly killed and the issue swept under the carpet. The question of what would happen to their eight children went unanswered- the government was less than no help, and nobody even wanted to admit that something illegal had taken place. You simply didn't talk about gang deals, you see- so long as the rich people could keep gambling, nobody really cared about the poor residents.

Alkaid was particularly grief-stricken by the incident, and over a short month, went mad. He charged into the base of the man he believed to be the killer of his parents, wired to a number of explosives; nobody walked out of the room alive. Alcor and Mizar suddenly found themselves responsible for the lives of five children when they weren't even 18.

Alcor approached this in a way that made sense to him at the time- the same way anyone else made money in Scorpio: Gambling. He learned to cheat, and he was very good at it- though not perfect. He made money, enough to feed his family and more than his brother, but he paid for it with his health and wellbeing- often, he was threatened by gangs or leaders. Occasionally, he was forced to take loans from him, for which they would burn numbers into his shoulder to remind him of his debts. Though he always paid back what he owed, he occasionally took too long, or simply annoyed the wrong person and was hurt for it- he learned to fight quickly, and he learned to survive even better. Above all, he fought to keep himself and his loved ones from death, just above the maw of poverty. This went on for a good few years.

And then, one day, he ran away.

He wasn't sure he ever planned it, but the idea had festered in the cowardly part of his mind. Scorpio was a rathole. For as long as he lived there, there would be nothing but starvation, pain and corruption in his future- he needed to get away. Even if that meant leaving his family, leaving the people he lived for to fend for themselves. Betraying his own twin brother by not even telling them of their plans- leaving them to assume the worst, that he'd been killed. He was too much of a coward to leave a letter.

He simply picked up all he owned, and moved to Allegretto. He took on a new name (more out of shame than out of hiding), and started a new life. A little out of guilt, and a little more because he didn't want to see anyone suffer as he had, he quickly became known as a champion of the poor and the forgotten- for the smaller gangs that lived in this country, he was a demon that fought to protect all innocents, yet wholely unaffiliated with the royal guards. He tried to make a difference.

But time wore on. Life happened. Blues saw people in suffering and starvation no matter what he did. People profited from violence, people profited from evil itself. Really wasn't anything he could do about it. In some ways, even his own betrayal was inevitable- that's just how humans were. Flawed, terrible beings. When, in a fight, he was harmed by a fire Esper and his eyes nearly blinded, he took that as a sign to settle down and drink. While his retinas mostly healed, (though blurry, with his irises scraped off entirely), his heart never really did. He sat down at one end of a bar and really, never left.

Only thing left is to drink.

Crush:

Name: Mizar Septrius

Birthdate: February 14

Affinity: Fire

Country of Birth: Zodiacis

City/Village of birth: Scorpio

Personality: Mizar is strict and proactive, a man with a goal and a plan. In many ways, he is an idealist- he believes that humanity can become a stronger race, though only if we crack down hard enough on chaos and disorder. In others, he is a jaded cynicist- he knows first hand how cowardly and vile humans tend to act, and he believes its our duty to defend others from those instincts. He believes in law and due process, and is always the first one to advocate doing things the proper way, by the book. Civilization and law is what separates humanity from animalistic cruelty, and those who try to bend that law are the ones who draw chaos in.

Mizar takes things very seriously, and is often seen a workaholic. Seeing him relax is a pretty rare sight, even among friends- the man always seems to be on duty, even if he isn't. That said, he always comes off as a certain degree of genuine- even amidst the usual soldier decorum and civility, he has a sort of sincerity and enthusiasm about him that stops him from appearing robotic. Mizar really believes that he is doing the right thing, which allows him to enjoy even the more tedious aspects of his job- the only thing he actively resents is fencing with political figures, given his dislike of snake-tongued individuals. Most people tend to like Mizar after spending time with him, which gives him a natural leadership potential- almost solely because of this, Mizar has found himself in a rather high position within his country's military, giving orders from the palace itself.

Mizar's focus on the bigger picture does on occasion lend itself to him forgetting about the smaller things, however. He tends to gloss over individuals if they aren't nearby him, which can lead to him making decisions more impartially than they need to be. While it still hasn't happened quite yet, his mindset threatens to turn to "the greater good" as an explanation for the abandonment of the very people he's always wanted to help.

Espers:

Fireguard a: Mizar summons a ring of fire from around his feet, which moves along with him and flares up as enemies approach. The fire is explosive, and can toss small enemies away if they aren't expecting the force to repel them. The spell can be cast upon someone other than Mizar, but not simultaneously on more than one person.

Fireguard b: Mizar summons a broad wall of white-hot flames in a broad circle. The flames soar to the incredible height of a hundred meters at maximum, and burn at temperatures well beyond even the most tenacious of men's tolerations- without some exceptional method of escape, the walls present an indomitable barrier. Unfortunately, Mizar must remain within the circle in order to cast and sustain it, thereby allowing the opponent to possibly kill him to dispatch his spell. Mizar can focus on other things while keeping Fireguard b in play, and can in fact activate other Espers, so long as they are not particularly mentally taxing.

Weapon(s): Mizar uses four shortswords simultaneously, which he keeps sheathed across his back as well as on either side of his waist. Collectively, the swords are known as the Guardian Stars, and are built with a strange shape almost like that of a key- a large strip of metal is missing from the center of each, as well as the tooth of one side for all of them in some pattern. The hilts are likewise notched, allowing each of the swords to be connected to eachother in order to form a larger whole- Mizar can do this in heat of battle and within seconds of each strike, adding a large amount of unpredictability to each of his strikes and a highly dangerous amount of length to all of his attacks.

The swords are each charged with a small Netherstone that gives them magnetic qualities, allowing them to balance perfectly on eachother with no issue. Likewise, they emit an odourless liquid that keeps them lubricated and burns impressively when exposed to fire- the swords become flaming weapons quite easily.

When combined into a single blade, the magnetism within the sword reaches a different height enitrely, and allows Mizar to move small bits of metal or deflect swords with a single gesture.

Appearance: Mizar is a larger man, standing at about 6'4with a slender body type built with military muscle. His complexion is a slightly peaky olive, matching his short, sandy-blond hair rather well. He has a slight, triangular jaw with soft features and broad, icy-blue eyes that can easily startle people. While not exactly dainty, Mizar has what one might consider a nobleman's body- thin, though with a very slight layer of luxury fat providing toning, and very specialized and cultivated muscle growth. He is almost never seen without a full suit of shining armor- polished silver or steel depending on the situation, a good set that compromises both visual integrity with combat worthiness in order to make a point. He wears the tabard or cape of the royal family in most circumstances, donning their colors in full during specific meetings or public showings- otherwise, he makes due with his usual fineries, plus perhaps a badge or the like.

When not wearing his armor, Mizar somewhat awkwardly wears a pair of cloth trousers and a white, sleeveless shirt mostly devoid of personality. He seems rather jittery outside of his uniform, which lends it rather happy that he is technically on duty for almost all time ever. Even without his armor, however, Mizar projects that sort of regal radiance- simply by being around him, you know he is the type of person to take charge during any period of instability.

Mizar's body is rather devoid of marks, aside from very slight scars from practise accidents or scuffles. He has a long white line across his chest, which stands out against his sculpted muscles; but one might be more inclined to notice the strange tattoo on his left bicep- a circle of small black notches, seven in total, going around his arm.

Biography: Mizar Septrius was born to a family in Scorpio, alongside his twin brother Alcor. The Septrius family became a large one- including Alcor and their elder brother Alkaid, Mizar had seven siblings. The problems with this were rather self-evident; while to begin with, the Septrius family had a small fortune of a sort, it was quickly whittled to a significant debt after a decade or so of their parent's compulsive gambling habits. With barely enough to feed the family, both their parents ended up borrowing from (and eventually reneging on debts to) a variety of unlawful persons within the city. When the various moneylending mafias and gangs lost interest in the couple, they were quickly killed and the issue swept under the carpet. The question of what would happen to their eight children went unanswered- the government was less than no help, and nobody even wanted to admit that something illegal had taken place. You simply didn't talk about gang deals, you see- so long as the rich people could keep gambling, nobody really cared about the poor residents.

Alkaid was particularly grief-stricken by the incident, and over a short month, went mad. He charged into the base of the man he believed to be the killer of his parents, wired to a number of explosives; nobody walked out of the room alive. Mizar and Alcor suddenly found themselves responsible for the lives of five children when they weren't even 18.

Mizar approached this in a way his parents had never thought to- legally. He took a variety of odd-jobs around the city, few paying very much for long hours but all for fairly reputable sources in a less-than-reputable city. Though he had scuffles now and then, he largely managed to keep his nose clean and out of the shady business in the town- more often than not, however, he found himself fighting off creditors coming on behalf of his twin brother. Mizar and Alcor fought often about the differences in their work- while Alcor brought trouble on them by dealing with the same life their parents had died to, he made most of the money. Mizar's efforts, while safer, took more time, more effort and got less reward than his twin did, and to a certain degree Mizar resented his twin for that. Alcor made things he sweat to the bone for look easy; why should he get rewarded for selling his morals?

When Alcor disappeared, Mizar tried not to be disappointed. He lost himself in his work, just barely managing to make enough to cover his entire family's expenses when they also pitched in- but fortunately, a few years later, he was scouted by a local officer that had been in the area. After being made a cadet of the Zodiacis army, he was able to afford to move his family to a better place- Sagittarius, the capitol, and the nexus of the Royal Guard's activities. Over the years he served in the armies, and through his dedication, managed to rise through the ranks to Major Sergeant of the Royal Guard- commander of half of the military personel in the capitol city, and responsible for the safety of the Nobles themselves, though still subservient to the High Commander.

Crush:

Two more. I have one more I'll probably write up tomorrow.

Finished editing. Can you guys review it? :D

Well, you certainly put some rather hindering parameters on the Espers. Give me a few minutes or so to re-read the weapons.

EDIT

Okay, so the weapons are still pretty damned powerful. I mean the gauntlet produces flames that eat anything away. I mean ANYTHING being consumed by the flames is...well just a death sentence for anyone who gets hit by them. Also, you have a sword which can "cut through diamonds like butter." I mean there are easy ways around it, but everyone in the RP using swords is using steel blades. I mean with that sword we can't even parry if we start engaging in close combat. Still, the call is ultimately Kio's.

And I'm struggling to finish aswell! >.< Doesn't help that I've got 3 exams, and I've got to practise a ton of songs for Music Performances with two different bands! >.<'

We all got sh*t to do.

It's how we deal with them that makes the difference.

Finished editing. Can you guys review it? :D

Those. Are some vicious. Drawbacks.

That does nonetheless keep the balance, significantly, however, so I have no complains really.

EDIT:

Save the weapons, but I didn't look at them as much as Espers.

I'll edit it (once again). :D After I'm done in a few minutes, can you guys review it once more? Thanks~ Also, I'm aware of the Sun vs Moon thing, and my guy is neutral, and will do whatever is in his best interests.

Edit: Done editing app for weapons

Hey Kio, would a city of something like Kakure (Nihonshin city) be fine? It's like a certain part of the city where most common people stay away from due to strange rumors of things and such, and it's like a dark hidden forest? Also, would you allow an exception that my guy can have 3 spells? One is creating a field, where time inside is altered, another is distorting space and manipulating it within small spaces, but the 3rd as a combined Time-Space Laser that fires from his gauntlet, the magics making the beam look distorted and weird, and sometimes slowing/speeding up? If so, here's my app. :De Red Yellow

No. You can't have three. You can learn a third later, but otherwise you can only have three.

@Hydra: They're both accepted.

We'll start tomorrow.

Archived