Kuro no Tsurugi (Pitch-Black Sword) [Another original Rp by Kio][PG-13 - Not accepting]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just lettin' y'all know I'm not gonna be able to post on Monday and not 'til late in the day on Tuesday. Don't let my unavailability keep the RP from starting if it's something that would. Point is, if you're gonna start on either of those days, do so without me.

What's more, since I've been accepted, can I get added to the cast?

Just lettin' y'all know I'm not gonna be able to post on Monday and not 'til late in the day on Tuesday. Don't let my unavailability keep the RP from starting if it's something that would. Point is, if you're gonna start on either of those days, do so without me.

What's more, since I've been accepted, can I get added to the cast?

It probably won't, and I just added all the accepted to the cast.

Where is Kio, anyway?

In other news, I'm almost finished with my Bio for Aiya. I just need to add one more paragraph. Word of warning though, I did go ham on the Bio and the Personality, and I did some typing on Appearance as well as adding a pic... which I also went ham with.

Ham is good on Easter though (Translation: Don't worry about it, it won't effect much)

As for where I've been, I got a life/girlfriend recently and have been spending most of my time with her. I plan to start either later today or tomorrow afternoon. Hoping later today, but I'm not sure how long my date will last, so more likely tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry in advance.

Kio, you forgot my other character. D:

[spoiler=Miekka Tuulta]

Name: Miekka Tuulta / Whisper Viing

Birthdate: December 21

Affinity: Wind and Metal

Country of Birth: Allegretto

City/Village of birth: Settlement at Black Metal Mountain

Personality: A woman with a foul tongue yet a kind heart, Miekka's words to her don't mean much more than words; a woman of action more or less. She may sometimes hurt others with her words, and she's fully aware of it, so she usually keeps her words to herself when she's around them. Despite the foul tongue, she's a favorable person to be around with, especially if you don't take words seriously. However, most don't get on her bad side, and should they, she'll see them as a lower being, and won't hesitate to point a "wing" at them (get it, cause she has bladed wings, and.. yeah I'll shut up). She's not one to appreciate legends much, she's more on the current events, and what's real and such. She knows Espers are real, the sword she does not. So she does not put much care into the sword legend.

Espers:

• Tempest - Using the blade wings as a "fan/propeller" of sorts, she generates enough air flow around her, where she can use it to create a "mini-storm"; while this storm is created, she can point her Metal/Lightning Energy to the blades, where they act as a conductor, and generate an electrical current within the tempest.
  • Songs of the Wind - Using her Metal/Lightning power, Miekka can create a sound frequency that can throw off someone's equilibrium, and she uses the wind to "guide" the blades creating the frequencies over to the enemy so they are affected. She can also use the wind to prevent the frequency from reaching her ears.

[spoiler=Weapon(s): A pair of bladed wings]

These bladed wings are under her command, and with her Esper abilities, she is able to manipulate them to surround her entire body as a defense mechanism, to separate them into single blades, or to act as a bunch of side arm blades (i.e. Kozah Vulon's Bloodletter), or both. Although, as originally intended, they are able to be her wings, and allow her to fly. However, if used for other than flying, she can only keep them within a range of six feet.

Image format won't work, so just click the link --> http://www.keiththom.../full/wings.jpg

Voice Actor: N/A

[spoiler=Appearance: Ignore the sword and shield... and the dragon.]

Click -> http://fc08.devianta...iya-d4rynxq.jpg

Biography: Although born in Allegretto, Miekka was originally conceived in Arcadia, where her parents originate and retain their Norsk-like values. During her mother's pregnancy, they traveled from Arcadia to Allegretto, and settled at Black Metal Mountain, where they began a new life out of enjoyment. When Miekka was born, she only grew up to live the life of working in the mines of the Mountain.

At age 14, she grew sick of it. "I HATE IT HERE. NOTHING BUT ROCK AND DIRT. I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE IN THESE GODSFORAKEN MINES." She wanted freedom, air; she wanted to free herself from the shackles of the Mountain, and to live. When she accumulated enough minerals and refine them into metal, she wanted to make a pair of wings, bladed wings to be precise; but she didn't know where to start, all she had was a picture in her head, and she only held the metal pieces in her hand. It was through constant desire that she decided to throw these pieces away into the wind, where they began to fly, then fall. To her astonishment, she grabbed the pieces again, and this time, concentrated on making the pieces fly again. They flew farther. And farther again. This is where she discovered her Esper power of the Wind.

At age 18, when she was old enough to leave Black Metal Mountain, she decided she needed a new name, so instead of Miekka Tuulta, she named herself Whisper Viing, with the knowledge that Allegretto was a musical orientated land. When she renamed herself, she left Black Metal Mountain, and set out to her originating home land, Arcadia. After many months of travelling, she arrived at one of the major cities, Asgard, where she went to the Smithman (Kozah's father). Through her request, of making a pair of bladed wings, he granted her wish, with a favor to part. "He said that if I find his son, Kozah Vulon, I should tell him that his father misses him." Although she didn't agree to it, she was going to do it anyways, taking her finished wings, and left in a hurry.

She learned of the Pitch Black Sword legend when she was a small child, often being told that it was a legend and nothing more, and that people are foolish for even attempting to find it. Although her reasons for travelling throughout the world are not for the Sword, but for the sake of travelling and being free. If she so happens to find the sword, than she only sees it as a fruition of her travels. "I don't care about some stupid sword from a legend. All I want to do is travel this world that I never thought I would see."

Crush: N/A

Theme Song: Pure by Mors Principium Est

Notes:

1. Miekka Tuulta is Finnish for "Wind Sword"

2. Her first name, being Miekka, is her original name, her second name, Whisper Viing, is her pseudonym to fit in more easily with the people in Allegretto.

3. Probably one of the few, if any, characters that doesn't really care much for the sword, but only cares for travelling.

4. Yeah, as you can see, Kozah's father is a potential NPC in the RP. Will he have much of an effect in the RP itself? Highly doubt it. Highly. But he might be an NPC nonetheless, if allowable.

If... if she's accepted of course. .-.

Hey Kio? I just thought of something, but can I give my guy's sword the ability to absorb weak Espers, and deflect stronger ones? I'm trying to keep my guy as like a neutral "surveyor" guy, and have an 'anti' thing against other Espers. Of course, to keep it balanced, absorbing would only work for very minor or weak Espers, and be use a decent amount of energy up, and deflecting would get harder and harder as the Esper gets stronger and stronger, and some are nearly impossible or impossible to deflect, and this would use even more energy. Also, if it faces too strong of an Esper, it could drain the energy out of the Nether Gems, and become irreparable, making it have to be manually replaced. Is that fine with you? However, any outside traces of Espers from absorbing or deflected can't be used against the person who used it, and 'fizzles' out. This is only for blast-type Espers, or Espers targeting Rin specifically.

Hey Kio? I just thought of something, but can I give my guy's sword the ability to absorb weak Espers, and deflect stronger ones? I'm trying to keep my guy as like a neutral "surveyor" guy, and have an 'anti' thing against other Espers. Of course, to keep it balanced, absorbing would only work for very minor or weak Espers, and be use a decent amount of energy up, and deflecting would get harder and harder as the Esper gets stronger and stronger, and some are nearly impossible or impossible to deflect, and this would use even more energy. Also, if it faces too strong of an Esper, it could drain the energy out of the Nether Gems, and become irreparable, making it have to be manually replaced. Is that fine with you? However, any outside traces of Espers from absorbing or deflected can't be used against the person who used it, and 'fizzles' out. This is only for blast-type Espers, or Espers targeting Rin specifically.

Not my call, but I wouldn't allow it. Just seems like something your character could learn to do but shouldn't have right off at the beginning.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion Keto ^^. I just made the edited version on a TextEdit document, and I'm just waiting. Also, I added a restriction to my Time/Space Esper, that once he starts the spell, he can't cancel it off until the spell resolves itself one way or another, so he only uses when he has full strength and either way, is still careful. The chance however, that he'd have full strength when he needs to use it, is rare, so the chance that particular Esper will be seen is low. Also, my guy stays evasive, and tries to avoid fights, and keep an anonymous persona, gaining information different ways. He has no interest in the Pitch-Black Sword, but rather tries to keep a balance in the order of things, like a 'Fixer', just making sure things stay right. Rin doesn't fight unless he absolutely has to, and can't get out of it. So Rin has some more 'powerful'-ish Espers/weapons/etc, to get out of the situations he finds himself in sometimes, but tries not to kill, or even injure his opponent. At the most, he would probably try to stun the enemy with a somewhat soft blow to the head, then get away, and hope not too many people noticed, or that it became too conspicuous some other way.

Basically all of Dubhe's swords have a similar ability (i.e., they can absorb Espers of the element they correspond to), so I wouldn't say it's out of the question. That said, more than a single set of characters capable of doing that might end up making Espers relatively useless, so-oo...

Basically all of Dubhe's swords have a similar ability (i.e., they can absorb Espers of the element they correspond to), so I wouldn't say it's out of the question. That said, more than a single set of characters capable of doing that might end up making Espers relatively useless, so-oo...

Well it's not like they can absorb a rare affinity (i.e. Sun).

Since it is a rare affinity, I imagine that the possibility of having a weapon that can absorb rare affinities is very slim, practically as rare as the affinity itself.

Also, looking at some of the apps, one app in particular strikes me as.... well it screams OUT OF PLACE.

o.o

I never noticed it before, but now that I do, gods.

I shouldn't have to name the applicant, since I'm sure that just by looking at the app you can tell that it's out of place.

Well it's not like they can absorb a rare affinity (i.e. Sun).

Since it is a rare affinity, I imagine that the possibility of having a weapon that can absorb rare affinities is very slim, practically as rare as the affinity itself.

Also, looking at some of the apps, one app in particular strikes me as.... well it screams OUT OF PLACE.

o.o

I never noticed it before, but now that I do, gods.

I shouldn't have to name the applicant, since I'm sure that just by looking at the app you can tell that it's out of place.

Just saying, so everybody remembers, the 300 year Esper War was around...5000 years ago. So the person in question happens to not only be a victim of Nuclear War, but also over five millenia old. In short yeah a bit out of place.

*scurries away to see if I can fix app*

.... Sorry.

.-.

As for time period and tech, they have some technology, but not a lot. Elevators, refrigerators, and trains exist, but things like planes, microwaves, and cars don't exist. Guns are there, but in the form of flintlocks and muskets. Also, all the tech they do have is different from our version. Mostly because they run on magic, but I digress.

So yeah. Since the existence of microwaves is, well.. non-existent, no doubt the technology, or even the knowledge or ideas, of nuclear warfare will be the same.

... Needless to say, I assume the weapons themselves would be excluded.

But in the sense of the application itself? It's like you're gonna have to do redo your character, save the appearance and personality (well, maybe a bit). But.... Yeah. Totally sorry 'bout that.

Don't try to kill me in the RP.

Please?

D:

Here's my suggestion:

Tone it down on the tech and weaponry, dull her personality a bit, then stick a very high powered Nether Gem in her chest and say she's one of the more unique Esper weapons used during the 300 Year War. Sorta like an autonomous puppet of a sort (was gonna try to fight them in as an entertainment thing anyways) but redesigned for use in combat.

That said, she's the only one of her kind that wasn't destroyed. Sound fair?

EDIT: Also, the rulers of at Arcadia, Allegretto, and Folkuliere will be after her to remake and mass produce her. Not to the point where she can't be in cities or has to avoid guards, but if she uses weapons in public, well that won't be good.

Also, I'm in agreement with Hydra, but only to an extent. Personally, a character that can absorb Espers, which should be the primary method of combat, is too powerful for a non boss character. I accepted Duhbe because he didn't have Espers, and his absorption was more limited, but I'm afraid I'm not gonna allow any other Esper drain abilities. Maybe Mana drain later but only if you can get a balanced use and power.

I must've missed your other character Penguin. I'll look at it now.

Here's my suggestion:

Tone it down on the tech and weaponry, dull her personality a bit, then stick a very high powered Nether Gem in her chest and say she's one of the more unique Esper weapons used during the 300 Year War. Sorta like an autonomous puppet of a sort (was gonna try to fight them in as an entertainment thing anyways) but redesigned for use in combat.

That said, she's the only one of her kind that wasn't destroyed. Sound fair?

EDIT: Also, the rulers of at Arcadia, Allegretto, and Folkuliere will be after her to remake and mass produce her. Not to the point where she can't be in cities or has to avoid guards, but if she uses weapons in public, well that won't be good.

Also, I'm in agreement with Hydra, but only to an extent. Personally, a character that can absorb Espers, which should be the primary method of combat, is too powerful for a non boss character. I accepted Duhbe because he didn't have Espers, and his absorption was more limited, but I'm afraid I'm not gonna allow any other Esper drain abilities. Maybe Mana drain later but only if you can get a balanced use and power.

So... She's a 5000 year old experiment?

How about for weaponry, something like an automatic reloading crossbow? Seems corresponding; that or a really primitive flintlock/musket.

Oh, and a sword obviously. That's a staple in these kind of RPs.

Guest Coolpuppy23

After getting back from vacation and off my lazy ass, I edited the app.

[spoiler=App]Name: Ashe Garith

Birthdate: December 27th

Affinity: Fire and Metal

Country of Birth: Arcadia

City/Village of birth: Camelot

Personality: Ashe is a calm and level-headed person, but also somewhat greedy and rebellious. He usually keeps his cool in a stressful situation and is very observant. He is very smart and inventive, but doesn't apply it to everyday life. Ashe can act like a child at times by getting interested into simple mechanisms or phenomena. He used to be a heavy drinker, but eventually convinced himself to stop. He does have drink every now and then. He is a bit of a philosopher, often saying things that don't make sense, but sound like they have deep meaning. Ashe is also very good at slight of hand tricks. He usually does it for magic tricks or pickpocketing, despite his childhood teachings. Ashe also likes to collect Nether Gems.

Espers: Elettrico Cornata - Generates lightning from his hands and shoots it at an enemy with his index and middle fingers. It can be shot in a continuous bolt and held until he stops producing it or in quick rapid bolts.

Taimatsu - Fire is created and covers the blade of his sword. At the instant of the slash, the flames are released in the shape of a crescent moon or a wave and then flies forward.

Weapon(s): [spoiler=]200px-SSBB_Ragnell.png

The handle is adorned with black and gold fleur-de-lis and there is a Nether Gem embedded in the pommel.

Voice Actor: Steve Blum

Appearance: [spoiler=]Anime_Warrior_by_chaotixwol.jpg

Ashe has black hair and red eyes. He usually wear all black. He wears a large black cloak that opens on his right side so he can wield his sword and has an animal skull on the cloak where his left shoulder is. He also wears black and gold greaves and bracers on his shins and forearms.

Biography: Ashe was born to a doctor and a priest. His mother was the doctor and his father was the priest. Despite his father being a priest, he was raised normally without religion. Ashe knew everybody in Camelot due to his parent's occupations. He even met King Arthur a couple of times who showed Ashe his sword, Excalibur. His parents made him attend school and tutored him at home because they wanted him to be a great scholar. Ashe didn't want to be a scholar, he wanted to live life the way he wanted to. He wanted to have glory and be famous for doing something most people cannot, which was not being a scholar. When he was old enough, he left home to be a Black Hunter against his parents wishes, but they respected his decision nonetheless. On one of his hunts to find the Warrior's black sword, he came across a sword that reminded him of King Arthur's Excalibur, so he kept it and uses it.

Crush: N/A

Theme Song: Massive Attack - Teardrop

Battle Theme: Red, Red - Let It Burn

Just wondering, can we have familiars or animal companions?

Archived