YCM Revival Project [locked upon request]

YCM Revival Project

Honestly, YCM is dying. Instead of sitting around and complaining, let's do something about it. Here, we will be projecting ideas to help revive YCM, and issues that aren't helping YCM but hurting it.

This is not a general club. This is serious to get YCM revived.

[spoiler=Application]

Username:

Why do you want to join?:

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.:

How long have you been a member (estimate):

Notes:

[spoiler=Completed Apps]

Username: Future Paradise

Why do you want to join?: I want to revive YCM.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: When I have good facts, 8.

How long have you been a member (estimate): 2.5 years

Notes: n/a

Username:~Shadow~

Why do you want to join?: I want to Help Revive YCM

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 6.7/10

How long have you been a member (estimate):11 months

Notes:-

Username: Nu-Mou Knight

Why do you want to join?: Give a hand to the bettering of YCM, in the absence of a proper Admin.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: Depending on the subject, 5-7.

How long have you been a member: Around for about a month 3 years ago, then left. A little over 1 year with this account.

Notes: I'd like to help out in Pop Culture, or AoC if others wish to take care of PC.

Username: Strikeman

Why do you want to join?: Getting tired of the inactivity.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 6

How long have you been a member (estimate): 3 years 2 months

Notes: I'll take Card Contests under my wing.

Username: Enrise

Why do you want to join?: Since YCMaker is hardly on, the activity of said Admin affects the activity of the forum over time. Since I actually like this forum enough, seeing it die would be a waste. So, I want it to live on, at least till the YuGiOh franchise dies.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 7 (Though I can use work)

How long have you been a member (estimate): Since 24 Jul 2008

Notes: I can do the Role Playing, w/ or w/out OoC Planning.

Username: Kabasaurus

Why do you want to join?: Having been part of the old YCM I want to see it returned to what it used to be.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 5-6ish

How long have you been a member (estimate): Probably about 1 year of active membership, possible a little more.

Notes: If nobody else wants to I can take TCG, not that it needs all that much reviving.

Username: Vandesdelca Musto Fende

Why do you want to join?: Because this site has helped me in various ways in my life through suggestions of many members.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: About 7-9, I was in debate club back in high school.

How long have you been a member (estimate): Since April 2008 (active first year joining, in-and-out for 2 years, pretty active since returning)

Notes: General, that's where I usually am.

Username: salseethrough

Why do you want to join?: YCMs really entertaining. It's the stroke of creativity my mind seeks daily. Seeing it die would be really disappointing.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: Depending on the subject, 6 to 9.

How long have you been a member (estimate): Not very long. A month or two, maybe three.

Notes: None.

Username: Damage Inc.

Why do you want to join?: I wanna revive the forum that got me into Yu-gi-oh!, Roleplaying and GFX in the first place.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 7.5 maybe...

How long have you been a member: 3 years and a half

Notes: I'd like to help with RC, becase there aren't many good card makers right now over there.

Username: Shadow Yoshi

Why do you want to join?: Considering I've been here for a while, it would be nice to see the site back to it's former glory.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 5/10

How long have you been a member (estimate): About 4 years

Notes:

Username: ∑VÌl ÀNG€L

Why do you want to join?: I wasn't aware that YCM is dead/dying. I've had wonderful times on this forum, and it would be a shame to see it go down.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: I feel as though I can convey my points accurately, so 7 or an 8.

How long have you been a member (estimate): For about 5/6 years, inactive for most.

Username: ~Renegade~(Ren)

Why do you want to join?: I imagine for the same reason as everyone else. I want to help bring back YCM to its former glory

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: Starting debate this coming year, often told I am pretty good. 7-8/10

How long have you been a member (estimate): 2 years?

Notes: I can help out in RC, PC, RP, or C&O(wow, lots of abbreviations there). I don't want to be in charge, but I am happy to help wherever.

Username: Thar

Why do you want to join?: Obviously cause I agree with the fact that this site is dying.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10: Standing against trolls on 9gag or Youtube, I stand around an 8. On YCM, however, a little lower - 6 or 5.5.

How long have you been a member: Been a member for 5 years. Been active for 2 one year segments.

Notes: I'm usually only active in the General Section, mainly in C&O.

Username: WarGreymon (Or Cobrabubbles.)

Why do you want to join?: 'Cause YCM has been dead, I decided, Oh hey, theres a group about making it alive again!

How long have you been a member?: About a year and a half.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 7

Notes: YCMaker won't add XYZ, so the site is dead, because newbs can't make Xyz here.

Why do you want to join?: YCM is on it's last legs, and I don't want this place to die. And even if it does die in the end, at least I've done what I can to keep it alive.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 5 to 7, depending on the subject in matter.

How long have you been a member (estimate): Been here for 2 years, but I've only been active for 7 months.

Notes: I specialize in RC, and in fact, I've already been trying to revive it with my Xyz Daily series.

Why do you want to join?: Because YCM should be cool, and it's seen better days.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 6-ish? I don't like arguing though.

How long have you been a member (estimate): 2 1/2 years

Notes: I might bounce ideas off you guys about my program, if that's OK. I think it's something new, maybe unique to this site that can grab attention.

But I still have other ideas.

Username: Iwasawa, but you can call me Spike.

Why do you want to join?: Because this honestly is my favorite forum of all time, the very first message board I was on, and I have a lot of good friends and memories here. I dont want to see YCM die.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: If I honest-to-god know what I'm talking about, 8. If not, 4.

How long have you been a member (estimate): Uhhh....2 1/2 years? Maybe?

Notes: I'd like to head RPing.

[spoiler=Debates]

That's really all we're gonna do besides handing out ideas (which will be debated for usage). Please don't be offensive during these 'debates'. We're all trying for the same cause here.

[spoiler=Members]

Future Paradise

~shadow~

Nu-Mou Knight

Strikeman

Death Penguin

Kabasaurus

Vandesdelca Musto Fende

salseethrough

Damage Inc.

Shadow Yoshi

∑VÌl ÀNG€L

~Renegade~ (Ren)

Thar

seattleite

Wargreymon

Iwasawa (Spike)

[spoiler=Focusing on Forums]

If you choose so, you can choose a YCM forum that you would like to specifically focus on (please put it in 'Notes' in the App). I will also have a 'Committee' spoiler with these ranks. Ranks explained below. Only one forum per user (EX: You can do Games, but not Games and General)

Head of {forum name}: You are responsible for all the actions of trying to revive this specific forum.

Executive of {forum name}: You are second in charge of a specific forum.

Focal of {forum name}: This is the default for each forum if you're not a Head or Executive.

[spoiler=Committees]

Read 'Focusing on Forums' first.

Head of Pop Culture: Nu-Mou Knight

Executive of Pop Culture:

Focals of Pop Culture:

Head of Card Contests: Strikeman

Executive of Card Contests: Future Paradise

Focals of Card Contests:

Head of Role Playing: Death Penguin

Executive of Role Playing: Iwasawa (Spike)

Focals of Role Playing:

Head of TCG: Kabasaurus

Executive of TCG:

Focals of TCG:

Head of General: Vandesdelca Musto Fende

Executive of General:

Focals of General:

Head of Realistic Cards: Damage Inc.

Executive of Realistic Cards: ~Renegade~ (Ren)

Focals of Realistic Cards:

ドレッド★Toyo

Head of Clubs & Organizations: Thar

Executive of Clubs & Organizations:

Focals of Clubs & Organizations:

READ THROUGH EVERYTHING BEFORE POSTING APPLICATION.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ~shadow~

Username:~Shadow~

Why do you want to join?: I want to Help Revive YCM

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 6.7/10

How long have you been a member (estimate):11 months

Notes:-

Username: Nu-Mou Knight

Why do you want to join?: Give a hand to the bettering of YCM, in the absence of a proper Admin.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: Depending on the subject, 5-7.

How long have you been a member: Around for about a month 3 years ago, then left. A little over 1 year with this account.

Notes: I'd like to help out in Pop Culture, or AoC if others wish to take care of PC.

Guest Strikeman

Username: Strikeman

Why do you want to join?: Getting tired of the inactivity.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 6

How long have you been a member (estimate): 3 years 2 months

Notes: I'll take Card Contests under my wing.

Username: Enrise

Why do you want to join?: Since YCMaker is hardly on, the activity of said Admin affects the activity of the forum over time. Since I actually like this forum enough, seeing it die would be a waste. So, I want it to live on, at least till the YuGiOh franchise dies.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 7 (Though I can use work)

How long have you been a member (estimate): Since 24 Jul 2008

Notes: I can do the Role Playing, w/ or w/out OoC Planning.

Username: Kabasaurus

Why do you want to join?: Having been part of the old YCM I want to see it returned to what it used to be.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 5-6ish

How long have you been a member (estimate): Probably about 1 year of active membership, possible a little more.

Notes: If nobody else wants to I can take TCG, not that it needs all that much reviving.

Username: Vandesdelca Musto Fende

Why do you want to join?: Because this site has helped me in various ways in my life through suggestions of many members.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: About 7-9, I was in debate club back in high school.

How long have you been a member (estimate): Since April 2008 (active first year joining, in-and-out for 2 years, pretty active since returning)

Notes: General, that's where I usually am.

Guest salseethrough

Username: salseethrough

Why do you want to join?: YCMs really entertaining. It's the stroke of creativity my mind seeks daily. Seeing it die would be really disappointing.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: Depending on the subject, 6 to 9.

How long have you been a member (estimate): Not very long. A month or two, maybe three.

Notes: None.

Username: Damage Inc.

Why do you want to join?: I wanna revive the forum that got me into Yu-gi-oh!, Roleplaying and GFX in the first place.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 7.5 maybe...

How long have you been a member: 3 years and a half

Notes: I'd like to help with RC, becase there aren't many good card makers right now over there.

Guest Chris

Why not just post more, or more interesting topics in those sections you want to "revive"?

A club will do barely more, if more at all, than doing that would to aid a section.

Why not just post more, or more interesting topics in those sections you want to "revive"?

A club will do barely more, if more at all, than doing that would to aid a section.

Posting does no good if people aren't willing to reply.

In regards to the reason for this club, it's a place where ideas can debated for usage, and if found useful, could be set forth to aid YCM's posting drought.

It's also a good use for organizing these ideas.

@Shadow Accepted.

I was thinking of encouraging new members into being more active. I've seen that, lately, new members make really bad cards on RC and people just flame them, causing them to leave. One of them is Herman the German, who I hate for his attitude and for not giving true advice. Also, how about people making more "Card of the Day" threads, like Dread does?

I was thinking of encouraging new members into being more active. I've seen that, lately, new members make really bad cards on RC and people just flame them, causing them to leave. One of them is Herman the German, who I hate for his attitude and for not giving true advice. Also, how about people making more "Card of the Day" threads, like Dread does?

It would be a good thing to encourage this, and to have daily card-of-the-day things.

What would help would, as you said, helpful advice, but also us posting cards as well, then asking even newcomers what their thoughts on them are. Gradually, we could work them into regular cardmakers.

In case, Mr. Future Paradise, you were curious, I have been thinking of a whole host of solutions myself. They are based around the simple economic law of "People Respond to Incentives". However, there are no incentives on YCM. Points are useless, and...oh yes, we have nothing else to offer. The Like system won't work either, as we are talking about encouraging posting. The simplest idea would be "every time you see a new post, like it". This devalues the like system and due to a limit on "likes", will not work properly anyway. Another idea would be rewarding post targets - if someone posts fifteen times in a day, you give them a like. This encourages spamming and will inevitably be exploited. We will have a active community full of posts that are done out of greed rather than passion, and are therefore likely to be half-hearted and offer nothing. Regulating posting will produce interesting posts but will reduce the number, and for a site that should be bustling, that's unacceptable.

So I produced a simple idea. If you think of an interesting topic, just make a thread. If you see a thread in General that seems even slightly interesting, post in it. If you are passionate about making this place active, it will show in your posts. Force yourself to make a card every now and then, you might even enjoy it. Try and take up GFX or start knuckling down and learning about the current TCG metagame. But most importantly, POST about it. Make topics, post in topics. It's simple. If everyone in this club made two new threads and, I don't know, maybe ten-odd active posts per day, activity would increase instantly. Think about it.

In case, Mr. Future Paradise, you were curious, I have been thinking of a whole host of solutions myself. They are based around the simple economic law of "People Respond to Incentives". However, there are no incentives on YCM. Points are useless, and...oh yes, we have nothing else to offer. The Like system won't work either, as we are talking about encouraging posting. The simplest idea would be "every time you see a new post, like it". This devalues the like system and due to a limit on "likes", will not work properly anyway. Another idea would be rewarding post targets - if someone posts fifteen times in a day, you give them a like. This encourages spamming and will inevitably be exploited. We will have a active community full of posts that are done out of greed rather than passion, and are therefore likely to be half-hearted and offer nothing. Regulating posting will produce interesting posts but will reduce the number, and for a site that should be bustling, that's unacceptable.

So I produced a simple idea. If you think of an interesting topic, just make a thread. If you see a thread in General that seems even slightly interesting, post in it. If you are passionate about making this place active, it will show in your posts. Force yourself to make a card every now and then, you might even enjoy it. Try and take up GFX or start knuckling down and learning about the current TCG metagame. But most importantly, POST about it. Make topics, post in topics. It's simple. If everyone in this club made two new threads and, I don't know, maybe ten-odd active posts per day, activity would increase instantly. Think about it.

Personally, I agree, but people aren't willing to put forth the effort to do such things. Posting isn't enough, as I said before, if no one is willing to reply.

That is where I thought of this. If perhaps there are other ways, perhaps through that of new members, something could spark and expand.

Why don't we use the manpower in this little group to do it? What if we all just went to each forum and posted a single post right now? It would take about twenty minutes, but activity would noticeably increase. It has a knock-on effect - if everyone's posting, you want to post too.

Guest iRemo

Username: iRemo

Why do you want to join?: I'm thoroughly interested in what some peoples ideas are for saving the site

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 6/10 on a good day

How long have you been a member (estimate): about 3 years but I've been prone to the occaisonal disappearance

Notes: I don't do notes

I think Botvinnik is correct for the most part. On all honesty I think this club would do so much better if there was some sort of anti-spam clause. You could make this forum as active as you want by allowing more of an increase on spam, in turn I see some failure, but nevertheless, the main idea to this club is greatly respectable. I think with some clause it would help. I'm going to do the best I can to make this site flourish much better to what it once was by the means of posting more legitimate topics and commenting to keep conversations going. That's what I'm here for. ^_^

Username: Piercer of the Heavens

Why do you want to join?: At first i didn't care if YCM died or not, but it has grown on over the years I've been here. So I want it to live.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 7.8

How long have you been a member: Although it says ive been a memeber since 2008 I wasn't active poster until 2 years ago.

Notes: RC and RP is where I would like to help since that what I do.

PS: I started today a Daily thing were I post one card a day in the RC to help it even more. [Piercer Daily #_]

Username: Randomflyingobjects

Why do you want to join?: YCM is awesome, I want it to live, and a big project like this is sure to help me become a bit more active myself.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: 7, but I'm not usually in debates.

How long have you been a member (estimate): 6-7 months

Notes: I'd like to help in the Creative Writing section, but I don't want all the authority, so I'd pick CW executive.

Archived