YCM Revival Project [locked upon request]

Where is the club leader and did he even agree to let all of us in?o_o

Also, I've been considering hosting a murder-mystery RP. Nothing fancy story-wise and everyone knows my English is meh, but with enough character interaction.

I do believe we can take this to the chat room.

I did try something WAY back, that was similar to this. It didn't even get it's first death. .-.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the club leader and did he even agree to let all of us in?o_o

Also, I've been considering hosting a murder-mystery RP. Nothing fancy story-wise and everyone knows my English is meh, but with enough character interaction.

That sounds like it might pretty cool, if you wouldn't mind having a brand new RPer in on it. If you need English help, I'm something of a grammar nazi.

Good point, but is it better to have 1000 sh*t topics posted a day, or to have 100 intelligent topics in a week?

Also, If new members would actually look at some topics made by competant members, they might make better cards, then people wouldn't Flame/Troll them as much.

We all started somewhere. I too remember the days when making every word in my post bold instantly made it far more important.

Give them the ability to progress at their own pace, progress no matter how minimal is still progress.

Forcing them to develop into something they are not ready to become isn't going to help the effort.

Wouldn't we all? Although some of the new members do bring it on themselves. A member will give them a fairly honest review, and then the new member will overreact and provoke the flaming/trolling.

Obviously if the new member is so full of themselves that they will vehemently deny they're doing something wrong and not listen to any advice we can't help that.

Guest ~shadow~

Obviously if the new member is so full of themselves that they will vehemently deny they're doing something wrong and not listen to any advice we can't help that.

When a new member, who is full of themself puts things like "Look at my awesome cards", "Amazing cards" or "Epic Cards" in their topic titles, it attracts the flamers/trolls, which then leads to them overreacting, and that feeds the trolls.

Look at Herman. I dont think I have to say any more than that.

^This

OT: This is a suggestion: Every time a newbie/N00b puts things like "Look at my awesome cards", "Amazing cards" or "Epic Cards" in their topic titles, the mods give them 2 warning points, and if they overreact to CnC, they would get 3 Warning points.

Guest ~shadow~

Which would make them want to leave anyway...

I didn't think that idea through very well.

We could organise a monthly "help new members day": we would have to try to help them make better cards, and tell them how to avoid overreacting to trolls/flamers.

Username: ∑VÌl ÀNG€L

Why do you want to join?: I wasn't aware that YCM is dead/dying. I've had wonderful times on this forum, and it would be a shame to see it go down.

Rate yourself as a debater out of 10.: I feel as though I can convey my points accurately, so 7 or an 8.

How long have you been a member (estimate): For about 5/6 years, inactive for most.

I'll do anything to help.

I'm thinking of making a thread in every single section with the following exceptions: News (not possible), Questions & Help (I don't need to know anything), Comments & Suggestions (already have and nothing happens), Written Cards (explained in para below), Your Deck (see previous), Yugioh TCG (see previous) Card Contests (who cares), Role-playing (means I'd have to start an RP I don't have time for), Graphic Competitions (I have no decent reward), Shops/requests (don't want to open a shop), Clubs (don't want to open a club) and Introductions (I can't introduce myself again).

Now, while that looks like a very long list that makes it seem pointless that I said "every single section", there are good reasons behind all of them and there are a lot more sections to be posted in. I think this is an interesting idea for me, mainly because three of the sections mentioned are card-making sections... I do not follow the Yugioh metagame, and haven't played the game since around the time Battle City aired. I'm naturally going to be terrible at this so that'll be a challenge. I'm also quite poor at creating graphics now, so Showcase and Tutorials will be good too. It also means I'm going to have to write a fanfic but that'll be simple enough; I'm writing a short screenplay on the antics of YCM also (unrelated to the fanfic mentioned).

So yeah. Might gain a little bit of activity from that but mostly this is for personal merit. Maybe a couple of other people should try this too; it'll stretch your knowledge a little bit as you try to do things that you either haven't done bother or aren't very good at.

Maybe we could make a guide on how not to react to people giving your cards bad reviews.

Wouldn't that just be a thread to say "Don't overreact like an idiot, or we will find you"? If somebody gives a bad review without trying to correct anything, then it should reported as unhelpful or as spam. If you're going to trash somebody, at least tell them how to improve and point out what to fix.

Guest ~Renegade~

Maybe we could make a guide on how not to react to people giving your cards bad reviews.

It would just be easier to console a new member in their thread that they were given a bad review, while at the same time giving a fair review and give encouragement.

Wouldn't that just be a thread to say "Don't overreact like an idiot, or we will find you"? If somebody gives a bad review without trying to correct anything, then it should reported as unhelpful or as spam. If you're going to trash somebody, at least tell them how to improve and point out what to fix.

Agreed. It isn't constructive nor is it funny.

Not to interrupt, but sorry about the long wait. I was away in Europe...and didn't really have time for the Internet. =/

I tried to connect in England, but the hotel's Internet sucked so much I decided to forget about trying. (Just in case anyone was wondering, I went to England, France, and Italy, all in 7 days. Don't ask how. =P)

Anyways, I will be updating the 1st post with all the new applications.

...that is all.

Guest ~Renegade~

Not to interrupt, but sorry about the long wait. I was away in Europe...and didn't really have time for the Internet. =/

I tried to connect in England, but the hotel's Internet sucked so much I decided to forget about trying. (Just in case anyone was wondering, I went to England, France, and Italy, all in 7 days. Don't ask how. =P)

Anyways, I will be updating the 1st post with all the new applications.

...that is all.

Welcome back!

I'm thinking of making a thread in every single section with the following exceptions: News (not possible), Questions & Help (I don't need to know anything), Comments & Suggestions (already have and nothing happens), Written Cards (explained in para below), Your Deck (see previous), Yugioh TCG (see previous) Card Contests (who cares), Role-playing (means I'd have to start an RP I don't have time for), Graphic Competitions (I have no decent reward), Shops/requests (don't want to open a shop), Clubs (don't want to open a club) and Introductions (I can't introduce myself again).

Now, while that looks like a very long list that makes it seem pointless that I said "every single section", there are good reasons behind all of them and there are a lot more sections to be posted in. I think this is an interesting idea for me, mainly because three of the sections mentioned are card-making sections... I do not follow the Yugioh metagame, and haven't played the game since around the time Battle City aired. I'm naturally going to be terrible at this so that'll be a challenge. I'm also quite poor at creating graphics now, so Showcase and Tutorials will be good too. It also means I'm going to have to write a fanfic but that'll be simple enough; I'm writing a short screenplay on the antics of YCM also (unrelated to the fanfic mentioned).

So yeah. Might gain a little bit of activity from that but mostly this is for personal merit. Maybe a couple of other people should try this too; it'll stretch your knowledge a little bit as you try to do things that you either haven't done bother or aren't very good at.

Well... I can definitely try to post in a few different subforums...

Archived