Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while I agree that don't think Tom's brother is #10, what other positions are there anyways? We've got

captain Luffy

1st mate Zoro

navigator Nami

sniper Ussop

chef Sanji

doctor Chopper

archioligest Robin

shipwright Franky

musician Brook

an artist? a gardener? ( they have a lawn for starters, and Nami probably has some Tangerines or whatever they are ), mabye a decorator or a trainer?

while I agree that don't think Tom's brother is #10, what other positions are there anyways? We've got

captain Luffy

1st mate Zoro

navigator Nami

sniper Ussop

chef Sanji

doctor Chopper

archioligest Robin

shipwright Franky

musician Brook

an artist? a gardener? ( they have a lawn for starters, and Nami probably has some Tangerines or whatever they are ), mabye a decorator or a trainer?

The only open spot that can clearly be given is that of Helmsman.

A while back, I thought mabye the fortune teller could join when ( most likely when ) Luffy proves her prediction wrong. Although, she really hasn't apeared in serveral chapters, its still an interasting theory. However, I can she Shirahoshi or Jimbe or even Hachi joining the straw hats before her, at this point.

Zoro vs Hodi, good match.

And Luffy vs...I already forgot his name, but the other merman with the lock on powers.

And interesting, apparently Devil Fruit users lose their powers even when ankle deep in water.

That might have been common knowledge, but it didn't occur to me until now .-.

It's the same as them losing their powers when bound by seastone handcuffs. Even though it only covers a small part of their body, it still counts.

Two theories for you guys.

1. The hat is One Piece. When Shanks gave Luffy the hat, he metaphorically crowned him King of the Pirates.

2. Luffy will die at the end, and in turn pass the hat on to the next generation, declaring just moments before his execution that One Piece is still out there, setting the world ablaze with hope once more.

That theory popped into my mind when we found out Gold Roger had the hat.

But wouldn't Shanks be the Pirate King if he had the hat?

OR

What if the entire concept behind the Pirate King is completely different to how everyone thinks it?

Maybe there is no concrete meaning behind Pirate King and that anyone who has formed a special bond with their crewmates and embarked on a journey with them throughout the Grand Line, testing their strengths and bonds through the perilous journey in the pursuit of their dreams, are those worthy of the title "Pirate King".

...what, I can see Oda doing that.

Archived