Pandoria [ OOC / Not Started / Momentarily Not Accepting ]

.:Blu:.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#000066][b]Sure Blu. BUT KNOW. I SHALL READ THE RP THOROUGHLY, AND REVIEW I- *shot*
Okay. Rejection shame over, lalala~ Let's get this finished. :D [size=1]I would actually like to see a finished RP from you. Or anywhere for that matter. >.<[/size][/b][/color]

It's just because I leave to go to college tomorrow, and as soon as I go down there I'll be doing some job training. So I don't know how much time I'll have for this site for a while. I should probably let the GMs know this too...But yeah. Also I don't even have an idea of what to do yet. Normally after I read the top I get ideas but this time I'm drawing a blank so....Yeah...So I'll sleep on it. Maybe I'll work on something during the car ride.

So this (Fricking awesome sounding) RP shows up at 5 in the fricking morning, and is then full at 6. F*ck it.
I hate my god-damn timezone.
So is there no space at all? Not even If I make an app Right now?

EDIT

*Sees you're all now asleep and curses self.* I'll prepare an App anyway, just in case. Have to be positive!

Not Rushing it. I dont like spreading things over long periods of time because I end up with two conflicting Ideas, which makes it difficult to create a fluid app/story.
It probably wont be up today anyway. I'm having surprising difficulty on the Personality, and a lot of difficulty on the power's name, strangely. I hope you dont mind an unnamed power (At least, at the moment).

Fooly, would you mind providing me with an RP sample? I want to make sure the quality is decent enough or else you may end up wasting your time making an app.

KC, yeah, I had a hard time naming my character's power as well. But I just kept at it and eventually it just hit me. I would explain further but I'm actually busy at the moment. Good luck.

Because theme-ing is awesome if used properly...

[spoiler Hiraga Gennai App]

Personal Info
Username: 80511692
Name: Hiraga Gennai
Date of Birth: March 21st
Blood Type: AB+

Hobby(s): Crafting of both wood and metal, the popular board game go, track and field, and mobster/American prohibition movies.

Appearance: Hiraga is a fairly short individual standing only 162cm. His face accented by bedhead chestnut hair and bright matching eyes, he gives a child-like appearance complimented by a natural smile he usually wears. Coupling his short height and weight of only 49 kg, he appears quite slim however he is quite proud of his strong legs that he's honed through meets and won him more than his share of races. Reflecting his obsession, Gennai often dresses in a faded olive blazer and loose collared dress shirts and matching fedora even sporting suspenders. One of Gennai's most valued charms is a golden cross he carries around his neck, a gift from long ago which he has become extremely attached to.

Personality: Gennai is a very cool but overly-expressed person, often accepting a situation even when sometimes deemed inappropriate in attempt to reenact his heroes. Generally optimistic, he wears a confident smile and keeps himself up in even the darkest of corners even, if only, to smack some revenge down. While appearing hot-headed and quick to jump the gun, Gennai is always focused on a macro game seeing relationships and issues not as a case-by-case basis but as a whole. It is because of this personality trait, he schemes together elaborate plans stretching weeks or months rather than days to achieve goals and understand patterns. In conversation, his forward and confident nature shines to be brash and to-the-point, even if sometimes he slips into a slightly perverted nature.

Pandora's Box Piece: A golden slightly misshapen cross he bears as a necklace, received by his grandfather in Gennai's youth. His grandfather had served in the New York mafia has a shylock to get revenue from the Japanese immigrant community to fund the Genovese expansion. Though, he was Japanese and was expendable to the family so after heat was put on the family, they dropped him. Through Gennai's childhood he listened to stories of the rough crime and suave style of the American gangsters which grew to be his passion. The piece became a memento and a constant reminder of his grandfather and ardor.

Combat Info
[spoiler=Verx Gear]Verx Game Type I
Name: Ningyotsukai

Appearance: The weapons take the form of twin pairs of marionette controls, a long wooden piece crossed twice with shorter counterparts however lacking strings. The controllers are heavily stylized being completely stained and polished to a glossy mahogany etched with a golden line underneath giving them both a regal and antique feel.

Power(s)/Technique(s):
Cross Summon/Dismiss: A unique ability that allows Gennai to bring forth monsters and demons of power equal to his ability to control them. While he can summon several different creatures, his personal favorite is Luciano.
Ethereal Strings: The means of controlling summoned creatures using portions of his soul and stamina to maintain the control, as such continuous control for more than 20 to 30 minutes at a time becomes difficult.
Luciano: A demon who when summoned resides in its summoner's shadow, this possession grants its host increased speed and regeneration. Luciano is capable of several supporting abilities such as heals, speed, defense, and attack enhancements even calling upon the occasional illusion. An orchestrator who ensures to stay off the front lines. (Support role)
Anastasia: A 4-armed beast made constructed of multiple shadows shaded completely black with only golden eyes and wearing a ribbed skeleton around each limb and core as armor. (Berserk & Chaining assaults)
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Other Info[/u][/b]
Gennai is passionate about the American mafia and often alters his speech and dress to reflect.
Expert in long-term strategy, he uses effects such as environment and stall tactics effectively
Gennai's uniform is sufficiently altered to match his preferences
Hiraga Gennai is the name of a famous Japanese puppeteer from the 1800's
All of Hiraga's Summons are named and reflected after famous American gangsters
[/spoiler]

I've never seen a plot so large. But in any case, I'm intrigued by the story. I wonder if I'm still allowed to submit an app...?

Active! Active! I love being active! I will always be active! *random*
I’m slightly confused by the ‘Pandora’s Box Piece’. Is it something that transforms (like from a ring to a bow), that the user activates? Or is it something more along the lines of something that keeps its shape, though with special powers? (like some sort of knife)

You guys are making it confusing. First it's full, then it's not...well, after thinking about it for a few hours, here's an app anyway, and I hope I can get to join this awesome-sounding roleplay ^_^

[spoiler=Tsukika Satseui App]

[i]"[/i][i]Aim with a cause, or your arrow won't ever reach its target."[/i]

[b]Personal Info[/b]
[b]Username:[/b] 87059206
[b]Name:[/b] Tsukika Satsuei (撮影月火 – [i]Satsuei Tsukika[/i] – Literally: [i]Fire Moon Shot[/i])
[b]Age:[/b] 16
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Date of Birth:[/b] May 2nd
[b]Blood Type:[/b] A+
[b]Hobby(s):[/b] Shogi, computers, pianos, stories, archery, basically anything that doesn't involve running about.

[spoiler=Appearance:]
Tsukika’s height is somewhat tall, at a hundred and seventy-one centimeters. His body overall is light and slim, and strangely built for a guy whose only physical activities are those that don’t involve running about. He has wavy black hair and orange-ish eyes, similar to the color of fire, and so they may psychologically burn anyone who foolishly stares into them.

Though there is something he keeps a secret, a tattoo of an arrow that extends from his shoulder to his elbow, on his left arm, covered by the Pandoria uniform.

Coincidentally or not, it’s the same arm where he wears a golden ring on his wedding finger.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality:]
Tsukika is a quiet and calculating individual, and absolutely hates time limits. Sometimes, it may be better to avoid telling him of the presence of the time limit, or else his concentration would be ruined and the task at hand would never be completed. He also dislikes it whenever somebody teases him about something, or about anything really, especially his name which is supposed to be for a girl. Actually a lot of things tend to annoy him, although it’s usually difficult to tell by his quiet attitude. He rarely ever smiles, and tends to criticize others with their decisions and choices being wrong. He can be sad sometimes, but he NEVER cries....Well, almost never.

On the other hand, it’s surprisingly easy to win his trust and friendship if one were to tell him a detailed and good story, and despite his attitude he isn’t arrogant, and is slightly hurt whenever people think that way.

He treats the prospect of ‘love’ seriously, and possesses a complete hatred of people like playboys. He also greatly respects the female population, giving them greater regard than males. But at the same time, he himself never shows any romantic interest in girls around him, no matter how sexy or nice they are, or how close he becomes to them. Perhaps there’s a connection to the ring on his finger, which is eerily like a wedding ring…

The individual called Tsukika is not afraid of defeat, or of death. As it is an unavoidable fate, he will accept it when it comes.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pandora's Box Piece:]
It takes the form of a golden ring, curiously on his wedding finger, as if he were married. But at the age of sixteen, surely he isn’t.

Before moving to Pandoria Academy, Tsukika was part of a private school, or part of an archery club to be more exact.

There, he had a girlfriend called Nichiyo Ayame, who was quite horrible at archery, but was obsessed with it anyhow. In contrast to him, Nichiyo was rather eccentric and nonsensical, compared to the logical and realistic Tsukika. However, whether fake or not, he always loved listening to her stories, as she was capable of making really long ones up on the spot, no matter how unlikely or ridiculous they sounded, right up to the part where some random deux ex machine would be introduced for the story to end. In return to admiring and listening to her overly-long stories, he would be her teacher, to save her failing grades and teach her about archery.

She always wore a golden ring on her index finger, but she never did give him a specific answer as to his questions about it. Sometimes Nichiyo would randomly comment on seeing ‘blurred outlines’ of ‘something’ around them, sometimes maybe even following them, though he was always confused by this.

One day, right out of the blue, she tried to commit suicide. Officials believed at first that it was merely an accident, but Tsukika, being the logical realist, had to force himself to admit the truth to them that it was a suicide attempt, as much as he wanted to desperately believe otherwise. He visited her at the hospital, though for some odd reason there was nobody to visit her.

She told him the truth that she was an orphan, and that her family had shared this same fate. It wasn’t a suicide attempt, but something more along the lines of either demonic possession or being ‘pushed’ by the faint outlines that she keeps seeing. Then she told him- no, she [i]commanded[/i] her boyfriend to take the ring from her hand, which he did, and on a whim he put it on his wedding finger to wear.

Amused by this one ridiculous and illogical thing Tsukika did, the only one he would ever do without reason and without being told, she smiled genuinely and laughed a bit about it – before dying. Excluding his time as a baby, this was the first time Tsukika had ever truly experienced sadness, had ever experienced crying, and hopefully it would be the last time as well.
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Combat Info[/u][/b]
[spoiler=Verx Gear]
[i]Verx Game Type I[/i]

[b]Name:[/b] Shōyumi (General’s Bow)
[b]Appearance:[/b] Shoyumi appears as an ordinary bow made of gold. It may appear somewhat fragile as it happens to be light and thin, but it's sturdy enough to block a hypothetical swing from a sword without any ill consequence.

[spoiler=Power(s)/Technique(s):]
[b]Gin-Kin General Perception: [/b]Tsukika’s perception of time is slightly slowed down by 0.5 seconds, so although his body can’t exactly move as fast as his perception, it allows him to think slightly faster than normal, and react better to surprise attacks. To put it into perspective, ten seconds for a normal person would be fifteen for him.

[b]Hisha Rook Shot:[/b] This technique allows Tsukika to form an arrow of energy to fire to be shot with Shoyumi. The arrow goes in a straight line, and expands into a blast of powerful flames upon being shot. It has a wide range, but unfortunately is dependent upon the user’s ability to aim. Ideal for penetrating through solid walls.

[b]Keima Knight Shot:[/b] Materializes a solid arrow of flames, similar to Hisha Rook, only it doesn’t expand into a force of destruction. However, this one is designed to reach great heights, and is able to turn to a maximum of a hundred degrees to home in on its target while being unaffected by wind. Ideal against flying targets.

[b]Kakugyo Bishop Shot:[/b] It’s almost similar Hisha Rook, only like Keima Knight it also doesn’t expand into a force of destruction. Instead, it’s designed to split into two different arrows once its target. Therefore, if it were to hit an opponent, it would separate into two and the other one would continue with the same force as the first to hit a second. Ideal against, obviously, multiple opponents, or when Tsukika’s desire is to spread fire.

[b]Fuhyo Pawn Shot: [/b]Materializes a simple wooden with a metallic point arrow instantaneously. It appears normal and is fired normally, but homes in on its target, and its force is dependent upon the force the user had used to fire it. Therefore, it would drop to the ground before it reaches a faraway target, regardless of whether they’re moving or not. Most ideal during close-range combat, or when Tsukika wants to avoid setting things on fire.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[b][u]Other Info[/u][/b]
-If there's an archery or shogi club, he's probably joined them already.
-It's rumored that he got in with a perfect 4.0 GPA, but this hasn't been confirmed yet
-He shows absolutely no romantic interest in girls, able to remain stoic even if one were to strip completely right in front fo him. Well, at least on the outside.
-He's excellent in all subjects, but is horrible at teamwork as he tends to almost always boss his partner around.
-His parents are constantly preoccupied with work, but definitely alive. He hasn't seen them in a few years though, only receiving letters every now and then.

[/spoiler]

Raine, alright, we have one app officially entered into the competition, and agree, theme-ing is very awesome

Kaka, I hope an idea hits you cause I'm interested in seeing what you have have to offer

Merciful, I'm known for my large plots and this one might've broken the record xP You can but keep in mind that you'll be competing with others for the last spot

Yes :D

Wait, I reread that. Compete for the last spot...but I [i]always[/i] lose in competitions...hope I win for this one time ;_; I do so desperately want to join this, all the way to the end.

You know, I've been roleplaying for three-four years, but how come I never heard of you until now? o.o

Archived