Nicki Minaj's attack on Muslims (another controversy)

Thar

[quote name='BehindTheMask' timestamp='1345053837' post='6007255']
Im also surprised that people care. Like, its just someone's choice of words. I mean, its not like we have a freedom of speech or something like that...oh wait.
[/quote]
Last I checked, not every country had that. Probably a few Middle Easterners don't.

[quote name='Expelsword - 黎明' timestamp='1345059288' post='6007386']
Last I checked, not every country had that. Probably a few Middle Easterners don't.
[/quote]
[quote name='iKira' timestamp='1345060914' post='6007423']
There's actually a [url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EaglelandOsmosis"]term for people who believe in things that only exist in the U.S[/url]
[/quote]

My bad guys, I forgot that there are metaphysical speech blocks surrounding us, preventing us from saying anything we want, and censoring things that can be offensive. Seriously, the only thing that stops us from freely speaking our minds is self-censoring.

Also, you need to brush up on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Hint:

[b] Article 19.[/b]
[list]
[*]Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
[/list]

[quote name='Death Metal' timestamp='1345090681' post='6007902']
Honestly I dislike her music but she should be able to write and sing about whatever the hell she wants without ridicule just like anybody else. Is it really that hard to just ignore it?
[/quote]

Like I said before, the Muslim population that drew attention to it were not in America, so they do not understand the rights of America like we do.

With the exception for Kosovo, Palestine, Western Sahara, and Mayoette, all Muslim-majority countries are memebers of the United Nations. This means they follow this:

[b]Article 19.[/b][list]
[*]Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
[/list]

[quote name='Comrade TentaSparkle' timestamp='1345105964' post='6008027']
While Nicki does have the right to put things like this in her songs, other people have equal right to publicly oppose said things.
[/quote]

Exactly. Freedom of speech is amazing, but sometimes it can get a little crazy.

> Ke$ha's better.

Awks. Her lyrics are decent, I guess, but she's a one-dimensional repetitive artist. When all your songs consist of party lyrics, your voice is insanely nasal (with an even more limited vocal range), you can't really call her a good singer.

She doesn't rap either. She talk-sings. I'm not even sure whether there's a term, but you can't class her as a rapper anyway.

Comparing Nicki Minaj to Ke$ha is an awful comparison anyway.

You don't have to be clever to notice that Islam as a religion absolutely loathes any kind of criticism or blasphemy. Remember what happened to Rushdie? I just read the Satanic Verses (it's very, very long, but quite pleasant) and the level of "criticism" in there barely warrants any kind of mention. Yet his head was called for and a number of people died (his Norwegian translator was machine-gunned in the back, his Japanese translator was beaten and kicked to death, etc.).

And Benraino, believe me, no country really totally abides by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Do Saudi Arabia, where conversion to a faith other than Islam (or choosing not to believe anything) is punishable by beheading, abide by the UDHR? Do Yemen, Jordan, Iran, Oman, Turkmenistan, Bahrain et al. abide by it? And what about Somalia? They still haven't signed it.

Archived