Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [IC][PG-13]

Aesirson

Hmm Brighton was simply playing with his hair as he watched the match and listened to the comments of his peers. Watching Jay record the match made him sort of jealous. This wasn't even a performance as much as two pokemon going at it, but there could be beauty in such things...supposedly. Interestingly enough Brighton can hear and sense the spite emanating from the Moon dorm girls. [color=#ff8c00][i]Oh poor moon people will you ever leave your jealous and hideous train of thought and join the sun in the light? Of course not for you are of the moon your thoughts can only reside in the darkest of places...pity. [/i][/color]He thought which led to a very condescending snicker. But onward to his roommate and fellow friends.

[color=#ff8c00]Well Jay you are right I will put on many shows before the school year is up or how else will everyone be blessed with the opportunity to see a performance meant to rival the beauty of the sunrise. [/color]He says throwing his hand with the unfolded fans straight to the sky.[color=#ff8c00] As for the battle at hand of course we are going 2 for 0 today we are the Sun dorm is it not our job to outshine all of the other stars?[/color] He ended his statement with an overly vocal, pompous, and loud laugh.

[color=#ff8c00]As you said Shawn these pokemon are reflexive of their trainers and dorms which means the victor [i]should [/i]be obvious.[/color] He emphasized should for two reasons Cam is known for his Combuskin it would have been a much more appropriate chose for this battle this sympathy for the moon dormer could lead to his defeat. Second the Moon Dormer in question wasn't like the others...he was pretty much over qualified to be in the moon dorm. He owns a Lapras, he is related to champions, and strives to be a champion. Intriguing match this is. As Shawn was looking at the movement Brighton laughed, while his and Cam's ideologies and reasons behind them were different Brighton does the same thing. [color=#ff8c00]OH come now Shawn surely you can understand a complete synergy with your pokemon. Beautiful isn't it? [/color]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Listen, Rose, NOW!" Ice was using a more commanding voice now. "Don't you see what this is doing, were turning into the same people as Brighton Areo, is that really what is good for the Pokemon you spreading hateful feelings around, if you won't do it for your Pokemon then do it for the people around you, do you think anyone wants to be around you with all that hate and anger. Even if you don't display the feeling, it will still reside in your heart and corrupt you until the day you beat Areo, and get your revenge by then though it may already be to late. Also on another note Areo is not my boyfriend he is a close friend, also he doesn't need me to speak for him, he can't apoligize to you because he is being a responsible trainer and getting his Pokemon medical treatment, if one of your Pokemon fainted wouldn't you want to get it treated as fast as you could. Just think about it Rose does it really seem like Areo to try and take someone else's Pokemon?" With that Ice finished talking with the girl hoping that she had talked some sense into her. Returning to the battle she noticed neither battler was giving and inch, Sneasel's speed was astounding and with the quick claw activated that Metal Claw had to hit, but that Cam boy showed that he was also quite adept at using Pokemon so she couldn't be sure what other tricks and treasure's the boy may have.

Cam had to act quickly. Sneasel made itself ready for an attack, a Steel attack, even, which would do extra damage to Tirtouga due to its Rock-type status. Sneasel had leapt into the air before landing the attack, giving it a chance for a stronger attack but also leaving itself open for a counter-attack. Cam knew that no attack that Tirtouga was capable of was fast enough to take advantage of this opening, but it did, give Tirtouga that little extra time to defend itself.

"Rock Tomb!" Cameron shouted, once again shielding himself with his arms. While Rock Tomb is usually used as an offensive move, Cam had trained his Tirtouga to perform the move on itself as an extra mean of defense. As Cam shielded himself with his arms, Tirtouga slapped the ground with its fins which made rocks sprout out of the ground and create a shelter for the Prototurtle.

Sneasel came down fast, giving Tirtouga little time to react. It was a powerful attack as well, the Force of Gravity giving the already strong Metal Claw an added boost, allowing Sneasel enough strength to smash the rocks apart. Luckily for Tirtouga, this seemed to backfire on Sneasel, catapulting the fragments of rock into the air, where some pummelled against Sneasel as he tried to get out of range. The rocks came catapulting down, the ones that hit Tirtouga doing obviously little damage, due to the turtle's Defensive nature, doing much more damage onto Sneasel, who was weak against the Rock type.

But as Sneasel exited the cloud of rocks, he seemed unharmed, almost shrugging off the barrage.
"Impressive defense." Michael shouted, grinning as the battle heated up. It was already longer than the previous one, and neither pokémon seemed to be giving way even a little bit. Sneasel needed to keep up the barrage if they wanted to win, as that was any Sneasel's speciality. He sighed, shaking his head a little, before planning his next course of attack. He didn't like these kind of tactics, but he wanted to win.

"Icy wind first, to hide yourself!" Michael commanded, his eyes now shining with resolve. His usual lax attitude was gone in the heat of battle, and he was absorbed now. Sneasel, once again, acted without disagreement, merely placing his hands on the floor and outstretching his head. The golden orb in the centre of his forehead started to glow as the temperature around the arena plummetted. The Orb on his forehead changed into a bright white, just before a gale of snow started to erupt from it. It enveloped the stadium, not as thick or as strong as the Blizzard, but it was enough to hide the Sneasel, a Shadow in the storm. From somewhere in the snow, Michael called out, "Faint Attack, now!"

From behind Tirtouga, a Shadow started to close in...closer....closer. Out from the Shadows of the storm emerged Sneasel, fast as a Dart, and threw a blinding punch to Tirtouga's face, before disappearing again. As the Snow disappeared from the Arena, melting quickly in the sunlight, Sneasel was back in front of Michael, a proud smile upon his face.
[i]Each of those moves had a STAB bonus. Even though Icy wind may not have been that effective, it still should've done some damage; Tirtouga specializes in Physical Defense, not Special. And Faint Attack is a sure hit move that should do quite a bit. Let's see how Cam reacts.[/i] Michael thought, planning in his head.

Cam was pleased to see that Tirtouga was able to pull off the Rock Tomb defense, as they ahd never applied it in a real battle before. However, there was no way for Tirtouga to actually counter the two attacks from Sneasel this time, and while the Icy Wind didn't do that much damage the Fain Attack had a STAB bonus, and hit Tirtouga in the head, which is one of its weaker points. Cam's plan with these defensive tactics was to drag the battle out until Sneasel had no stamina left to attack, but the Dark-type seemed to be unexhaustable. Cam had to shift to a more offensive approach if he wanted to win this. He put his palms to the ground and started to slowly move them upwards as he spoke:

"Tirtouga, let's collect all of our froces into this final attack! AncientPower!" As it had done before, Tirtouga slapped the ground, causing a part of the battlefield to break off from the ground and lifting into the air. However, this rock seemed to glow with a purple color, and indicator to the force that Tirtouga put into it.

"NOW!" Cam punche dinto the air, sending the giant rock flying at a surprisingly high speed towards Sneasel. He knew that if this attack missed it would probably be close to over, since Tirtouga would probably be completely exhausted from the power put into this single attack.

He was rather impressed at the effectiveness of the combo, despite his use of it in previous battles and awareness of its effectiveness, and as the wind died down a smile lifted onto his face. It was obvious that the giant turtle was losing some of its energy, and would soon be defeated. The shell was a problem, as most of the defense was lying in there, and Michael was sure that a Withdraw or Defense curl would be possible, and would end up making it impossible for Sneasel to deal any damage.

The tension was great within the arena, it was obvious that the last moves would be soon, and that there wasn't long left before the end of the battle. A single bead of sweat dripped down Michael's forehead, dripping off the end of his nose. [i]This is a great match. I haven't been this excited from a pokémon battle all year![/i] Michael thought, his grin spreading, more than just friendly and open, but excited and filled with thrill. He was not a relaxed individual anymore, no longer a slacker and a procrastinator. He was the ambitious, thrill-seeking battler he had been at 13, when he was travelling Johto.

Sneasel was still going strong, like always, but the Adrenaline seemed to be getting to him too. Though this wasn't quite as uncommon, it snapped Michael out of his daze. It was obvious to Michael; Sneasel's eyes had widened, his claws were fully extended, and there was a patch of matted fur on Sneasel's right shoulder, blood already drying from a wound from one of the Rocks. But Sneasel didn't seem to notice. [i]Crap! [/i]Was all Michael could think before Sneasel shot off, running straight into the Ancient power and breaking into it, taking severe damage, physically injured and also weakened, but he seemed to ignore it.

He ran faster and faster, the air wrapping around him in a sphere of energy. [i]Double edge.[/i] Michael realised, as Sneasel closed in on Tirtouga. He was almost close enough to hit, an almost definite knock out for one of them, when he vanished. A flash of red light enveloped him and he was gone, a hair's breadth away from Tirtouga's face. "I forfeit." Michael declared, raising his hand in a sign of surrender. "A good trainer knows when to stop, for his sake and his pokémon's." He muttered afterwards, as he walked away from the arena to the stands, where he sat on a completely different seat, alone, tossing Sneasel's pokéball in his left hand. His expression seemed distant, but still fixated on the pokéball.

[color=#800080]"Fine. We'll settle this right now while we have the chance!"[/color][color=#000000] Rose scolded in a demanding tone, tired of continuing on with this conversation. Ironically, she said this just as the fight between Cameron and Michael was over, with the latter forfeiting just as his Sneasel was about to perform the finishing move. As for why, exactly, Rose had yet to figure out. Perhaps the move that Sneasel was [i]about[/i] to perform was something along the line of Double-Edge, and Michael wasn't of the type to allow his Pokemon to get seriously hurt. That was something that Rose was going to have to talk to Michael about after her battle with Ice. Whatever the case, Rose wasn't so stuck up herself that she would consider that a win, unlike her other dormmates... [i]maybe[/i] not named Cameron.[/color]

[color="#000000"]Tossing the Pokeball that contained her Gyarados onto the battling platform, Rose turned to the Professor Redwood.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Permission to start the next battle, Professor?"[/color][color=#000000] Rose asked, [/color][color=#800080]"My opponent will be that Ice girl."[/color]

Cameron was surprised. While he was happy that he technically won the battle, he felt as if he and Michael would have to finish it sometime later. Anyway, he commanded Tirtouga, who looked just as surprised as him, to return to its Pokéball, and so it did as the red beam hit it. He returned to his seat in the stand and watched as Rose, a girl from his own dorm, sent out the same Gyarados that had caused the commotion earlier and requested to battle Ice from the Moon dorm.

Redwood looked at Gyarados and thought about that it had actually attacked a student. It had a reason to do it, but still, it would have to be something to report to the Chancellor, even if Rose proved to be able to control it. He nodded at Rose's request and then looked at Ice.

"Ice Lovern, would you please take your stand on the battlefield?"

"I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this, fine if this is really what it will take to calm you then so be it," Ice responded to the girl's challenge, "Professor I am willing to accept her challenge, and we can proceed to start as soon as you are ready." Ice proceeded to take her place upon the battlefield, winning this would take focus, Ice would have liked to pick her Roselia which was the most battle expierenced, but did not want risk the super effective Ice Fang move Gyrados had so instead she chose her Plusle. Usually this would give her an advantage, but Ice knew better than to think in such a way.

"Take the stage Plusle, its your turn to shine," Ice said as she threw her Plusles Pokeball straight in the air, she not much unlike Brighton was a performer, but unlike Brighton she knew kindness and how to keep her mouth under control. Plusle came out of its Pokeball in an animated manner, Plusle saw Gyarados and immediately began making taunting the Pokemon.

"Plusle I need your full attention please," Ice said to Plusle, it noticed her unusually serious tone and immediately stopped in is antics. Ice smiled her Plusle always knew when it could mess around and when Ice really needed it.

"Thank you Plusle,now please use Spark," she said and then small Pokemon launched the electric attack at the Atrocious Pokemon.

[color=#800080]"Gyarados, counter with Torment! [i]After[/i] you dodge the attack, if you don't mind,"[/color][color=#000000] Rose commanded.[/color]

[color=#000000]Proving to be more agile than what was commonly able to be conceived considering its size, Gyarados lashed over the electrifying Plusle as it charged with its Spark attack. Returning the [i]favor[/i], Gyarados began to mock the Electric Pokemon for being so badly inaccurate. Normally it would be completely inadvisable to keep Gyarados out there while an Electric-type move was present, but it was too late now. Besides, Gyarados would only merely have to apply brute force, when it got a break from being fired at with all these Electric attacks that was, and [i]down[/i] Plusle would go. Well, at least that was the theory.[/color]

[color=#800080][i]'Hmph, predictable,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Rose thought to herself, [/color][color=#800080][i]'Not only does she send out an Electric-type, but she even makes it launch a STAB attack right off the bat. No matter, I'll just have to mix in a little more [b]defense[/b] with my measures. It's a good thing Gyarados can be taught to change gears whenever necessary... otherwise I might as well just [b]forfeit[/b]. Now let's see here... Probably shouldn't be trying to do it this soon, but here goes...'[/i][/color]

[color=#800080]"Alright, let's see how our rodent friend tolerates a little Hail,"[/color][color=#000000] after Rose said this, Gyarados fired a stream of water all the way at the sky, in what appeared to be a seven or eight degree angle. The water droplets immediately froze solid, before crashing down all over the battle field. One or [i]two [/i]hailstones could've been dodged easily enough, but they came down without number; this in turn could only mean that Plusle was [i]bound[/i] to get hit. Of course, Gyarados had been hit, but the hailstones had bounced off it like they were nothing. It was just a matter of time before the hail dissipated, but ideally the combination of those last two techniques would keep any further Electric attacks at bay, allowing Gyarados a little more leeway for its favorite style of attack; brute force, and lots of it.[/color]

Brighton was amused at the match it was a rather thrilling spectacle. There were jumps, dodges, flips, attacks, near misses, some damage dealt. It was as if a symphony of movement was taking place before his eyes. But like all great things it had to come to an end and what a glorious end it was. The Sun out-shined the moon once again on the field of battle....as expected. Sure there was that whole quit to keep the pokemon form being injured piece, but victory is victory as long as it wasn't obtained in an ugly manner. Brighton knew his classmates wouldn't feel this way, but that is the beauty of being different. The different perspectives and tactics make everyone human. Brighton did the only thing he could do after watching such an elegant display of monster combat. He applauded..

[color=#ff8c00]BRAVA!! BRAVISSMO!! BRAVISSIMO!!! Surely we have not seen such an intense match for awhile. I am nothing but elated that it was immortalized on film.[/color] he said with a poised arm point to Jay and his technologically enhanced wheel chair who was recording the match.[color=#ff8c00] I will endeavor to shine a bright as you two. [/color]He said as he bowed to the combatants as they left the stage. Brighton was enjoying himself.

The next fight was announced or more like declared by that Rose girl. Interesting that she is from the sun dorm a fact that constantly escaped Brighton's mind. Her negative disposition and attraction to the unattractive pokemon somewhat differentiated her from the other in his mind. Fortunately her opponent was the ugo Moon brat who should have been expelled so picking a sided was still pretty easy. Rather to have a blemish on the some than some dank, tainted stain on the moon. His face never showed his thoughts of the girls he always had a smile for Brighton's philosophy has always been to be 100% beautiful 100% of the time. Oh speaking of the unattractive the blemish chose to lead with the Gyarados...it looks like it wants cake. As for the stain....[color=#ff8c00][i]is she....OMG she is..she's imitating my beauty[/i][/color]...Brighton's eye twitched for just a second, but he quickly regained composure.[color=#ff8c00][i] Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so this is a compliment or a tribute to true beauty....if one looks at it that way then maybe there is hope for this one...then again maybe not.[/i][/color]

Shawn applauded at Cam’s victory even though he only won by Michael’s surrender because he found the battle to be quite interesting for a battle that didn't get fully completed. Neverless, Shawn shrugged as he didn’t know what to say. [b][color=#006400]“That was an interesting yet unusual battle,”[/color][/b] Shawn commented hesitantly as he was glad that the Sun has achieved superiority over the Moon once again and thus the conflicts were over.

But his hope for peace was instantly shattered as his roommate; Rose challenged the Moon Dormer girl, Ice to a Pokémon battle. At his perspective, he can guarantee that they both either caused or worsened this hole fiasco so it will be good to end the fighting once and for all. [color=#006400][b]“Let’s hope that the outcome is three to nil. I feel confident in it being a victory to Rose rather than…Nevermind,”[/b][/color] he said nervously forgetting the Moon Dormer’s name as he dropped that and analysed both Pokémon. Despite the fact Ice had the advantage with an Electric-type Pokémon; he found that the Plusle entered showing off in elegance rather than power that is unlike the Moon Dorm standard that normally send out nocturnal Pokémon that were ugly in comparison to the average Sun Dormer to resemble their dorm. [color=#006400][b]“That Plusle appears not to be a battle themed Pokémon but does that mean all of her other Pokémon have lead her to a type disadvantage or is all of her Pokémon like…That,”[/b][/color] he muttered looking at Ice wondering if she is hiding something within the shadows of the moon before resuming onto focusing onto the rest of the battle.

Cael glanced up when Olivia noticed him. He lifted his hand in a sort of waving manner, it seemed he was ignoring the battle, though Totodile was having a great time watching. He never even noticed that he missed his chance to battle. He walked over and sat next to Olivia, his Totodile was shouting and hollering. Cael motioned for his Pokemon to follow, and he did. Before he sat down next to Olivia he noticed Ice was up, [color=#000080]"Ah, I missed my chance! Why would Ice use Plusle, is she trying to ruin our reputation!?"[/color] He quickly noted everything that she was doing wrong, well what was wrong to him.
Totodile was mad too, [color=#0000ff]"To? Toto!"[/color] Fluke sighed and shook his head. He was sort of mad that a girl with the name of Ice would use an Electric-Type.
Cael looked down at Olivia and sat beside her, [color=#000080]"Sorry about that, but we're the Moon dorm! Why choose an Electric-Type," [/color]He sighed along with Totodile, [color=#000080]"Anyway, why are your Pokemon fighting some much? You'll have to get them sent to disciplinary school..." [/color]His arm had gotten burnt yesterday by Monferno when they were fighting, he was getting sick of it. He figured Olivia was too.

Jay ended the video recording as the battle between Cam and Michael ended abruptly. Jay was rather surprised that Michael decided to call off the attack. His Sneasel was going through an adrenaline rush and could have finished off Tirtouga with an all out attack. As Brighton congratulated Cam in his usual enthusiastic manner, Jay looked at the gathering of the Moon students. There was a clear distinction between the Sun and the Moon when it came to how they treated their Pokemon. The Moons were much more sensitive about the well-being of their partners while Suns never really bring the topic up. A little worried, Jay looked at his Beldum, which had been silently watching the battle by his side.

"I don't mistreat you, do I Belly?" Jay asked the Iron Ball. Once again, Bell responded in silence. Jay sighed and smiled before recording to the next battle. Jay chuckled at the fact that Redwood appears to be oblivious to all of the drama and put two rivals head to head. Hopefully the battle will be dramatic enough for the evening session of the school newscast.

[i]Gah, that hail could be a problem my Plusle doesn't have the brute force to beat Gyarados what was I thinking we're going to have take this from a more stratigic stand point. [/i]

"Alright Plusle use Agility," Ice hoped to boost the Pokemon's speed, she had been suprised by the amount of speed Rose's Gyarados had had, but using Hail she just made a death wish, "now Plusle use Spark and electrify the Hail !" Again her little Pokemon launched a Spark, but this time it electrified the Hail turning each piece into a cold ball of voltage. This had to work Rose's Gyarados outclassed Plusle in every way, but if she could just use Plusle's performing nature to an advantage then she could win. Ice noticed the scowl of Cael another Moon dormer, she knew that her flew roommates disliked Plusle because it wasn't nocturnal as most of there Pokemon were, but Ice didn't let the fact that she was apart of the Moon dorm affect what Pokemon she chose, and she had found this Plusle so hurt and alone, and by the time she had nursed it back to health she fell in love with it.

[color=#000000]Unfortunately for Ice, her plan of supercharging the Hail wasn't going to work. All Plusle managed to achieve was a brief split-second of supercharging each hailstone, before melting it into nothingness. Still, it served for a decent distraction while it lasted, leaving Rose free to make her next move.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Alright Gyarados, now use Earthquake, and hide under the crevice,"[/color] [color=#000000]Rose instructed.[/color]

[color=#000000]While Plusle was distracted with the hail, Gyarados charged into the ground, shaking it intensely and splitting the battlefield into two. While Gyarados did [i]aim[/i] for Plusle, Rose didn't really care whether it was hit or not. All she cared about at [i]this[/i] stage was that Gyarados remained hidden underneath the chunks of earth that he had caused with the Earthquake attack. She didn't see anything blue out of the ordinary, which meant that the Atrocious Pokemon was [i]actually[/i] doing quite well in hiding. Then again, she couldn't really see through the cracks from her distance. which meant she had to keep an eye on that Plusle just to maintain the ability of anticipation.[/color]

[color=#800080][i]'Good, now all I need to do is give the signal, and that Plusle should go down in a heartbeat,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Rose thought to herself in a relaxed manner, [/color][i][color=#800080]'It'll probably end up using Thrash or something like that, but oh well; can't dodge what you can't see coming now, [b]can[/b] you?'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]Still, she maintained a serious attitude. There was [i]always[/i] something that was difficult to forsee.[/color]

Brighton was smiling throughout the battle, clearly this imitation of David vs. Goliath was quiet entertaining despite the two trainers. Brighton felt surprised by the big beast abilities and moveset. Teaching a flying pokemon an environment changing ice move is quite risky. [color=#ff8c00][i]I guess one could find beauty in that[/i][/color] he thought. Watching the little volt rat run around making it appears seem so cute and huggable. Then its dense and clearly lacking trainer decided to send an electric current through ice....now had it been a dense ball of ice that combination might have worked but not small pieces of hail. They would just melt...points for effort though Brighton nodded as he was feeling a little generous towards the blemish and the stain. Maybe their battle was impressive and actually getting to him. Infectious he said with a snicker. At that moment he watched as Gyarados did Earthquake and as the ground began to shake and the arena split in two he thought something was off.

[color=#ff8c00]Wait a minute if my order events is right that girl would have just had her Gyarados evolve this morning right before class. So did she really have two TM's on stand-by in preparation for its evolution and she used them on her way to class? Hmph and people were mad at me for using TM's. Well I will say this I have to respect her will to win and she's doing a beautiful job at that...well all things considered. It seems as if the sun will sweep the day, but that is what we do isn't it. [/color]

Brighton resumed watching the match as it was quite entertaining though it did look like if Gyarados really wanted he would have just eaten plusle, or maybe Brighton was to focused on the pokemon's large gaping mouth.

[i]I knew the ice would melt, but not that fast, oh well my next problem is that Gyarados I had no idea on how much power this thing had being just evolved I didn't expect this much variety in move type its my ignorance that just got Plusle hurt, god I'm an idiot its time to end this I should have known that I'm not even close to a match for any of my class mates. [/i]Ice walked out to the battle field and picked up Plusle holding the badly damaged Pokemon in her arms.

"Rose, I forfeit there is no reason to continue all I would do is hurt Plusle more, and besides you would win anyhow, your Gyarados would come up use thrash and Plusle would faint," Ice stated as she began to walk off the field with her Pokemon.

Cael clenched his fists, [color=#000080]"Ice! Are you completely bonkers! I mean come on. If you figured your Pokemon wasn't tough enough why use it?!"[/color] Totodile mimicked his trainer as joke and chuckled afterwards. Cael stood up, frustrated like usual. He looked at Mr. Redwood, [color=#000080]"Redwood, may I please battle. I need to show that the Moon dormers have [i]some [/i]respect for battling. This is terrible."[/color]
He sat down once again, he awaited a response but still mumbled under his breath, [i][color=#000080]This is totally ridiculous. Our dorm is better then the Sun's and we're letting them walk all over us. [/color][/i]He scoffed[color=#000000], [/color]his words were harsh but he spoke from the heart, at leas there was a spec of decency in him. He took in a deep breath and muttered to himself again, though no one would understand what he was say. He pulled out his Net Ball and returned his Totodile. He then let his Larvitar come out, even if he wasn't going to battle.

Cael started to come down a bit but was still annoyed, his acts were juvenile but it was too late to take anything back now. Larvitar too looked like he was annoyed, most likely because he could hear the battle through his Pokeball. He was much like his trainer.

"Sit down Cael," Ice said turning to him sharply,"I did figure my Pokemon was tough enough, what I didn't plan on was the fact that Rose's Gyarados knowing the moveset it did so close to evolution, which was my error, we Moon dormers do have respect for battling, but we have more respect for our Pokemon, what I did, and what Micheal did was out of pure respect for our Pokemon, if that didn't answer your question then this will I am not bonkers. What Rose is doing is out of respect fot her Pokemon, she loves it, and she thought Areo tried to capture it this morning that is why she is so angry, but actually," said Ice looking around, "where is Gyarados?" Ice looked around for the Pokemon not seeing it she called to its trainer, "Rose do you now where Gyarados is?"

[color=#000000]Yet another forfeit from the Moon Dorm, and like Michael, Ice made it out of respect for her Plusle. Still, Rose highly [i]doubted[/i] this was something Gyarados would take well. That was something that she'd have to take under consideration. Could be worse, though.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Alright, you can come on out now, Gyarados," [/color][color=#000000]Rose stated after a brief sigh.[/color]

[color=#000000]Mistaking that as its cue to spring its trap, Gyarados lunged from underneath Ice and Plusle's feet, soaring into the air as pieces of earth cascaded across the battlefield. Rose gasped in shock, fearful that Ice could've been crushed by the piece of earth that she was standing on just a second ago. But Gyarados was ill-concerned. All it was interested in at this stage was putting on the pressure, until it would finally defeat the cute little Plusle in battle. However, before it could launch its next attack, which was [i]predictably[/i] going to be Thrash, Rose shot in front, unaware of how close she was to being struck by her own Gyarados.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Gyarados, STO-AARRRP!!"[/color][color=#000000] Rose screamed that last part just as Gyarados began to thrust its tail, confusing it for a second there, before she changed her tone of voice from a scared state to a more saddened one, [/color][color=#800080]"It's [i]over[/i], Gyarados. Ice already forfeited. She... she doesn't want to fight any more."[/color]

[color=#000000]Gyarados growled upon hearing this, indicating that, like Rose had known all along, it didn't take that well at all. Now though, it was just a matter of ensuring that this growl didn't escalate into anything further, and that Ice was still OK after that mis-communication.[/color]

Brighton was holding in his ecstasy while he watched the moon girl quit, but in order to show true beauty in the hand of victory he simply proceeded to clap his hand at this sign of "caring" for the meek mouse pokemon. He smile was still bright, the Sun dorm had clearly swept the competition today. Just like it should be the Sun will ALWAYS out shine the moon. This is fact and this just happened. As further validation of his fellow dormmates and his own brilliance one of the Moon dormers, poor guy, Cael was busy showing his disdain for the situation. Now yes the moon was forced to take a knee and examine themselves in the face of the true beauty that is the Sun, but that doesn't mean one should not loose gracefully. But they are of the moon so everything must be dark about them. Brighton's smile never stopped for a second but he was laughing hysterically on the inside. Hopefully his roommate won't hate him once they get back to the room and Brighton verbalizes his elation. But of course time to congratulate the combatants on a seemingly well fought match.

[color=#ff8c00]Splendid, touching, poetic...I'm glad that was recorded..maybe. Surely a good lesson in.......[/color]Brighton was cut off by the Gyarados' new found onslaught against the Plusle/Ice team. Brighton's face went from :D to -___- mainly because he was interrupted from delivering a beautiful closing statement and it seems that the blemish can't control her savage beast. At least with Dratini there was valid cause for him to act the way he did at the end of the Noctowl battle. This untrained, atrocious, gimp, mouth-breathing, rude, imitation dragon pokemon just had attitude problems. Indeed a blemish on the beautiful light of the sun. Though this was chance for Brighton to do something more beautiful but he had to act fast.

[color=#ff8c00]Beautiful Flame Dancer[/color] He threw a pokeball and the patch exploded into hoola hoops and Vulpix jumped through them all and fired Fire spin at the falling rubble trying to destroy some of the rocks before hitting Ice. For that is the role of the superior...help the inferior.

Something sharp, probably or most likely a beak of a bird, pecked at its trainer's head, waking him back up. [i]H- huh...?[/i]

He opened his eyes and saw the Taillow staring at him, before comparing the healthy Taillow in front of him now to the damaged Noctowl still recovering from the Dratini's Thunder. Long ago, that Taillow had suffered a much worse fate than the owl right now.

[spoiler=Spoilered due to the length of Areo's thoughts]
Two years ago, he was a newly-made trainer and against all odds pitted his Taillow against a wild Charizard, consumed by the sole desire to capture it. The battle lasted less than a minute. The Taillow had pushed its body beyond the limits to dodge the dragon's blazing Flamethrowers before finally having its bones snapped and feathers burnt off by a Fire Fang. A Fire Fang that should've been fatal for such a beginner bird, let alone the fact that it was still a tier one Pokemon while Charizard was a tier three. The swallow Pokemon had spent four months to recover from this battle, and according to the people in charge, it would be incapable of evolving into a Swellow for several years longer than the average Taillow.

But the fact was that Areo was only in the Pokemon Academy so that he could better prepare himself to capture that Charizard. Yes, he was heavily hurt psychologically by the damage done to the Taillow, which was the reason for his hatred of pain. However, he was also working on the speed of his Pokemon, consumed by the one idea of [i]'what if Taillow had been able to dodge that Fire Fang?'[/i].

He clenched his fists, looking down at the hurt Noctowl. Now two of his Pokemon have suffered heavy injuries. It was probably only a matter of time before the Pidgey suffered the same fate.

For some reason, he had kept this incident away from Ice. She had confided in him the information of her past, so it was uncomfortable for him to still hide secrets from her. Still, he didn't want her to know what he had done to the poor Taillow, the one everyone in the Academy was aware of as bright, fluttery, and noisy. It was the one who had convinced him to continue on being a trainer, to go on and strive to capture that Charizard.

He knew he would have to tell Ice about the whole Taillow and Charizard incident soon.
[/spoiler]

Areo had only five Pokeballs in his possession, and he had absolutely no plan to get new ones. Three of them were for Taillow, Pidgey, and Noctowl, one was for if an occasion to capture another Pokemon came, and the last one - a reddish one stylized with flames unlike his other four grayish ones - was reserved for that one Charizard.

Then he got up from a chair, and the two birds accompanying him, Pidgey and Taillow, fluttered about near his shoulders. The two Pokemon were accustomed to that look he wore whenever they were hurt, though something like Noctowl's situation hasn't ever happened before. They also knew that what awaited them was training. In speed.

He walked out of the infirmary, not bothering to put the two birds back into their Pokeballs.

Shawn applauded once again as the Sun Dorm won once again landing the Sun Dorm over the Moon Dorm 3:0 respectively. He felt a little annoyed that the Moon Dorm was only hiding their true nature by pretending to be the ‘good guys’ by surrendering and thus making the superior and kinder Sun Dorm look bad. Neverless, Shawn smiled as he didn’t want to fall into the rivalry and be under a Pokémon battle that the pride of the dorm was on his victory. [color=#006400][b]“YES!!! A PERFECT VICTORY!!!” [/b][/color]he cheered for a short second as he then remained calm as he then nervously proclaimed. [color=#006400][b]“T-they had to be hypocrites at that… Of chorse nobody would surrender when the pride of the dorm was in stakes like this. They are just fa-” [/b][/color]but then he paused.

All the time at the Academy when he had been forced into a three on three Pokémon battle, he always surrendered on his last Pokémon even when he was sure that it would totally wipe the floor with his Opponent if he kept going on. On has faced a similar fate and has hidden his true self to other.[color=#006400][i] ‘Oh,’[/i][/color] Shawn though frowning as he lowered his head and then a wild roar made him focus back onto it.

Rose's, Gyrados when on rampage once again as the Moon Dormer, Ice was put into danger by large rocks. He saw Brighton had thrown out his Vulpix to destroy some of the rocks so he might as well help with that. Maybes then the Moon Dormers will begin to realise once and for all that the Sun Dorm was actually kind and then both Dorms will stop the fighting. Regardless of what he hoped for, Shawn got up and grabbed his Pokeball containing his Turtwig and hoped for the best. [color=#006400][b]“Go Turtwig!”[/b][/color] he shouted dropping his Pokeball from beside him as it bounced up into his hand and opened as a small red object.

The red color faded in a bright light as a small green and brown turtle appeared with a newly grown seed on his head. The Turtwig jumped excited as he got used to the surroundings and realized the situation. [color=#006400][b]“Turtwig, you can do it, use Razor Leaf,”[/b][/color] Shawn ordered as his ecstatic turtle pushed its head forward as several leaves appeared jolting of his head, hitting one of the rocks that was directing to hit Ice, so he had to crack it. Turtwig then quickly reloaded and kept launching leaves quickly at a pace of a second until the rock he was targeting cracked into miniscule sized rocks that he was sure to miss Ice completely. Hopefully. [color=#006400][b]“Good work Turtwig, a few more to go,” [/b][/color]Shawn encouraged his small turtle that jumped satisfied and continued to assist everyone with destroying the rocks.

Another forfeit from the Moon dorm? Cam was surprised. He knew that the Moon dormers cared deeply for their Pokémon, but if they kept giving up they would, obviously, never win. He could see why Ice had given up, though. The Earthquake from Gyarados would most likely hurt it badly, probably worse than the earlier Thunder had hurt Areo's Noctowl.

Redwood had been watching Gyarados closely during the entire battle, and it seemed as if his earlier asumption that Rose had no control over it was false. But then the Gyarados had launched an attack, although by mistake, towards Ice herself, and while Redwood was well aware that it was a mistake he couldn't help but feel how a vein in his neck bulged.

"ROSEWOOD!" He yelled, and a few Murkrows who had been sitting in a tree outside the arena flew away in fear, thinking it was something big and dangerous. Not saying Redwood wasn't dangerous. "I don't want to see that monster here until you've learned how to control it! I know taht you're happy that you finally got your Magikarp to evolve but seriously!? You can't just bring a Gyarados who keep attacking students in here!" He then turned to the rest of the class, still red in the face. "Class dismissed!"

Actually, there was ten minutes left of the lesson, but Cam decided that trying to argue right now would only cause Redwood to become more furious, and nobody wanted that.

Archived