Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [IC][PG-13]

Aesirson

The ground beneath Ice began to shake, as Gyarados burst up throwing Ice up like a ragdoll. Debris was flung up and left small incesions on her body and her uniform. Fearing that she would drop her Plusle Ice curled in a ball around it, they descended.

Ice hit hard on her back which caused her to come out of ball position, as she flew across the arena. When she finally landed she heard a few more things, one of the students calling out his Turtwig, and Redwood yelling for the class to be dismissed. Before Ice finally lost conciousness she did two things she returned Plusle to its Pokeball, and began to try drag herself to relative saftey, on the latter she hardly got 2 inches forward before the pain caused her to black out.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The teacher's echoing voice sent shivers down Brighton's spine though on the plus side not only did the Sun dorm students win all of the matches today but it was two Sun Dorm students who saved the poor moon girl from the savage beast's attack. Brighton couldn't even hide his smirk at how beautiful his dormmates and him were. Sure there was the not so subtle fact that it was a Sun Dorm's Gyarados who did the attack but that of course provided the opportunity for a most dazzling rescue by the combined efforts of a grass and fire pokemon. Surely no one could doubt the Sun's dominance but what is a story without an antagonist.

As he gathered his things he noticed as the shameful moon imitator sulk away in failure or at least that is what he was thinking. Brighton then noticed as she fell to the ground and blacked out. Now here was a conundrum what to do about this? Clearly she is the enemy of all things beautiful and can only bring down the moon dorm from its already mediocre standing, but on the other hand she is a fellow student and somewhat a human being. Decisions, decisions, he then felt Vulpix's glare it was pointing at her basically saying do the right thing. Brighton sighed quietly for a second.

"[color=#ff8c00]Fine...OH PROFESSOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM!![/color] he was clearly acting he could careless about the girl who should have been expelled. "[color=#ff8c00]The Moon student...seem to be lying motionless on the ground call the paramedics![/color]" A beautiful performance so he thought and to be the first one to rescue this girl even more beautiful. He immediately went over to Ice and lifted her head up and had Vulpix act as a pillow. Best thing to do is to keep the head elevated. Brighton stayed by Ice's side till some medical aid came or till someone else took care of her till he got his Vulpix back.

[b]"Don't. Touch. Her."[/b]

Areo's words somehow managed to echo out throughout the whole arena as he entered, and his two Pokemon, a Pidgey as well as a Taillow wearing a bow, both sat on his shoulders. Obviously, he had misjudged the timing. He had originally thought and assumedthat he had overslept long enough to skip the whole class, but apparently not. He gave Mr Perfection a cold glare, more about his attitude and Areo's own Noctowl's fate than anything else, before running towards her.

"Professor Redwood, I apologize for my absence, however once you see the condition my Noctowl is currently in yourself, you may be able to understand the reason I had to skip the class...!" He apologized to the professor, before replacing Brighton's and Vulpix's place with his own and Taillow's - that is, softly pushing Mr Perfection away with his glare while letting Taillow reason with [b](read as: warn)[/b] with the Vulpix. Even so, other than keeping the head lifted, he had to admit that there wasn't much he could do better than Brighton, since the only logical option was to wait for medical help.

He took a short moment to glance at Brighton. "Thank you for your aid." He said, though bitterly. He knew the guy was acting, merely showing off a 'beautiful performance' to his 'amazing fans', but he still had to thank him.

"Now, can somebody please explain to me how did this happen?!" He asked the class, rather cold and harshly, noting her injuries as well as a hole in the floor. This must have been the very first time since joining the Duel Academy that he had addressed his whole class.

While he appeared cool and collected in front of the class, he was actually shaking and crying inside, in deep turmoil. [i]I can't believe this happened! What- what the hell happened here?! What happened to Ice-chan?!?! Why- why- why why why why why why why why why why why why why is she like this...!?!?!? WAKE UP, ICE!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/i]

[color=#800080]"Wait! I can ex-...!" [/color][color=#000000]Rose shouted in an attempt to reason with Professor Redwood. But it was too late; he had already shouted for class to be dismissed, even though he must've damn well [i]known[/i] that there was still ten minutes left. And it was all because Gyarados was still a little feral for his liking. However, that was the part of the Atrocious Pokemon that Rose loved most of all. It meant that Gyarados was not to be trifled with. It meant that Gyarados commanded respect from its partner. But [i]most[/i] of all, it meant that Gyarados was no tool. Now... if only the professor could see it that way. Rose was just about to snap as well, but in foresight, that would only escalate into an argument with the professor... which was technically [i]another[/i] thing that he could report her for. Instead, she turned to Ice.[/color]

[color=#800080]"I'm sorry... for [i]everything[/i]..." [/color][color=#000000]Rose muttered, tears forming into her eyes, before realizing that Ice was unconscious and gulping in response, [/color][color=#800080]"Are you OK?!"[/color]

[color=#000000]At that time, Areo had arrived, demanding to know what had happened to her, and Rose had just... froze, with a wide look of horror in her face.[/color]

"CAN'T YOU SEE THat she's unconscious...?" Areo said, halfly in a shout, though his mood lightened for a moment as he met Rose's gaze, who was probably only just now realizing that Ice had fallen unconscious. Still, he fixed his cold glare.

"So then, let me guess, your Gyarados was the one who made that hole and did this to my beautiful Ice..?" He asked her, remembering that she had earlier succeeded in evolving her Magikarp. He completely disregarded the fact that he had just called Ice 'my beautiful'. He managed to restrain himself from screaming at his female classmate, taking a few deep breaths. "Gyarados isn't a Pokemon to be used lightly...as it always causes destruction....whether it obeys you or not.....NOW THEN, where is that paramedic...!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Brighton took these cold glares with less than a grain of salt. The sun resides in the deep vast emptiness of space surrounded by cold nothingness and it still provides warmth to our planet clearly this misery can be overlooked. However it was fun to sit there and watch Areo say thank you. The diva also known as Vulpix was actually quite comfortable being used as a pillow its not a new sensation. The only problem is that the bird decided to have beef but that doesn't affect a true diva like Vulpix. It did a scoff as it relieved of duty and jumped into her master's arms where it would be petted ans subtle checked for ticks...you can never be to sure what the non-beautiful keep in their hair.

While still checking for ticks Brighton decided to tell Areo the full story to pass the time while waiting for medical aid. He chose his words carefully.

[color=#ff8c00]Well after you ran for your loss, Micheal and Cam put on a brilliant show, but resulting in Micheal's forfeit. Then she [/color](refusing to speak its name)[color=#ff8c00] challenged Rose here after some heated words. The battle was quite fierce a cute little Plusle versus a mighty Gyarados. As you surmised Gyarados used Earthquake split the ground which caused and your friend there decided to call it quits. Unfortunately Gyarados' cue to return was mistaken as an attack order and it accidentally launched itself. The falling rocks were going to crush her but luckily Shawn and myself saved her from such injury. Though it seem she still got injured and here you are...well I was there first but here you are...late..er.[/color]

Brighton was happy with his explanation, short to the point and most of all showed the beauty of the sun dorm. and as a bonus there weren't any ticks so he gave Vulpix an Eskimo kiss. [color=#ff8c00]You're still getting a bath. [/color]he said with a smile.

"Oh." Areo muttered under his breath, sighing and hanging his head low, before looking at Brighton with eyes he had never looked at him with before. That is to say, definitely NOT gay eyes, but just eyes that seemed tired yet relieved, and thankful.

"In that case, [b]thank you,[/b] Blight-, I mean Brighton, [b]for saving her.[/b] You may be a jerk, but perhaps a small section of your heart truly is made of gold. Since you saved her while I was busy angsting over my Noctowl, [b]I will have to forgive you[/b], and hope you do too for all my previous actions." He thanked and forgave Mr Perfection, and this time it seemed to be genuine. It felt extremely bitter as well. "But I still hate you." He added.

Then he turned to Shawn, a random classmate he had never spoken to before. [i]"Thank you SINCERELY for saving her from those rocks, man. Honestly. [b]I'm in your debt."[/i][/b] He thanked the random dude, in a tone much lighter than the one he had used with Brighton. To Shawn, he smiled. "If there's any way I can repay you for your actions, [i][b]please tell me!"[/i][/b] Apparently that was directed to Shawn alone.

After thanking the two people, he stroked the unconscious Ice's hair a bit, and he was hoping that the medics were already on their way, or else he'd have to pick her up and take her there. He would've done that in the first place, though he couldn't exactly risk making her injuries worse as he wasn't an expert on injuries....at least, not human ones. And he was also worried that her past might interfere with these injuries as well...

Shawn signed. [color=#006400][i]‘How awkward,’[/i][/color] he thought as he was willingly dragged into this whole mess and failed to put things right when it was his chance to assist Brighton with saving Ice from the Earthquake as it was too powerful. However, like all the other disasters that has been caused by not controlling Pokémon that well or even the entire rivalry heating up at this moment, it could have ended up a worse outcome.

Even though the situation would be more or less explained Shawn revealed himself from the edge of obscurity to the attention on the centre as he returned his Turtwig into his Pokball. [color=#006400][b]“That is basically what happened,”[/b][/color] he confirmed Brighton’s summary as he listened to Areo and responded. [color=#006400][b]“It’s nothing, I just did it because I had to…The only reward I would request is only obtainable by everyone and everyone is rewarded, is for everyone to learn from it and give the extra commitment for creating a bond with their Pokémon so that this whole fiasco will hopefully not happen again…We are all defeated from this and it is defeat that improves us as a trainer,”[/b][/color] he smiled hesitantly shaking his head.

Brighton was moved by Shawn's speech clearly one of the Sun dorm's best and brightest honored everyone with his words. Even the unworthy. But the stage calls once again.

[color=#ff8c00]Yes, Shawn you are right. We must all take this as a learning experience to bond with our Pokemon so that we may one day be as synergistic as the Sun Dorm's Cam or the Moon Dorm's....um....Michael....yes Michael is great. We know in our hearts that this was an unfortunate incident between a human who walked onto the field of battle out of love and loyal pokemon who wants to win. Besides we should all know by now how unreliable recently evolved pokemon can be[/color]...a pause so that person knows they're being offended..[color=#ff8c00]But if we can't even bond with each other how can we bond with our pokemon if we cannot bond with each other. So Areo I say yay. I forgive you as well the sun will always shine on you and if you are in doubt just look to sky with your 3...2 bird pokemon and witness the magic.[/color]

He put his head on Areo's shoulder to give a look of friendship...acting.[color=#ff8c00] I know you may still hate me but I bare no ill will towards you.[/color] [color=#ff8c00][i]Because you aren't worthy the effort.[/i][/color] he said and thought with a smile. He looked at his hand and had a creeping thought...[color=#ff8c00][i]oh that was dirt on his shoulder[/i][/color].He didn't want to wipe it off on his clothes, nor his pokemon, and wiping it off on Areo would most likely make the problem worse. He looked around kind of frantically and then he saw the solution like on floor. He walked over to Ice as she was on the bird and put his hand on her shoulder and proceeded to wipe his hand clean while saying so kind words. [color=#ff8c00]I do hope she comes out of this okay.[/color]

Olivia watched in surprise as Rose's Gyarados was continuing to battle until it was called back. "IT has a lot of Moxie." she said to herself, but tried to stifle a giggle at the little pun. But she had to be serious about the matter. Gyarados still thought it was in battle, which was pretty common among them, but if trained they can tame that instinct. Since it was newly evolve they have to give Rose the benefit of the doubt.

However, this is an experience all trainers must go through when they want to train at least a lot of pokemon. Thought whether its training or pampering in certain trainers' cases, it still matter with their connection with them. This gave her the thought of Monferno and Riolu. They both respect Olivia as much, if not more than any Pokemon to their trainers, but when they fight each other, that goes out the window. She had to at least make them be friends before the end of the year at least if not before she enters the Pokemon League.

"...I once saw you at a salon." Areo stated bluntly, watching Mr Perfection-And-Beautiful panic and act erratically for no obvious reason. Of course, he had never actually been there, but he had once caught a glimpse of Brighton doing, yes indeed, janitorial work. That was quite a while ago now and knowing him, he's probably either taken over the whole thing or left for a more glamorous place. It was something random to state, but he figured he may as well let Mr Perfect know that he knew about his part-time job.

"I've never gone there myself, nor will I bother dirtying myself by going there." The phrasing was specifically worded to annoy him.

Then he slapped away Brighton's hand as he tried to wipe his hand lean, actually it was just a light push, and for a moment his gaze returned to its cold glare that once again warned him, 'DO NOT TOUCH'.

After that, he decided to say some random words of his own, even though knowing Mr Perfect could probably turn them around.

"I bear no malice for you, but...anyone who attempts to approach the sun is incinerated instantaneously before they can even get close." He pointed out. "On the other hand, mankind managed to land on the moon, and there's also evidence that a few Pokemon like Clefairy live on there." He smiled a bit. "Do you know what that means? The sun is a lonely lonely place, brilliant yet unreachable, while the moon isn't quite so lonely with all those cute cuddly pink Pokemon running about on it, accompanied by astronauts."

He didn't mean to advance the hatred between the sun and the moon, but he just wanted to point out an inconsistency with Brighton's way of thinking.

"If you continue comparing yourself to the sun, sooner or later you'll find yourself lonely at the top, your brilliance incinerating anything that comes close, just like the sun itself. You may find yourself lonely." He continued his small smile, which had somehow grown as cold as the moon. "Just something to think about, my dear Brighton."

Brighton was all set to leave when Areo had to mention the salon...[color=#ff8c00][i]oh dragging the innocent into your ugly[/i][/color] he thought. Of course that is where Brighton's friends worked he other family and here they were being insulted by someone they have never seen before nor most likely won't see so why was it sounding like nails on a chalkboard? It was a new technique that was quite foreign to Brighton...audible ugliness. Impressive. Maybe the moon boy has been through so much tragedy within the last hour that finally snapped, he has lost what little dignity and integrity he had and joined the dark side. What would his dormmates do in this situation? Which is good because they are clearly watching. He paused as Areo finished this discussion on the Sun and Moon. He just hugged his Vulpix and said politely as one could in this situation.

[color=#ff8c00]I forgive you. I understand you must be going through a lot that I can't even fathom. Your pokemon is crippled, your "friend" is injured, and I guess knowing that I am one of the few people that helped just doesn't help any of that. So I forgive all of this malice these harsh words and I hope you find inner peace...eventually. It looks like the bleachers weren't damaged by the Earthquake I'll wait over there for the paramedics[/color].

Brighton walked away and took a seat on the bleachers though it was painful to not point out the horrible inconsistencies in that fools logic he did at least attempt to imitate what his more subtly beautiful roommate would do. Simply defuse the situation and walk away. Vulpix was proud and this time allowed him to sit back and relax on the bleachers maybe think about what patches to by next. But first he called forth dratini who was still in pain and he simply hugged it proceeded to give it copious amounts of pokefood to regain strength.

Michael continued to look at the pokéball in his hand through out most of the ensuing battle, thinking back to the times he had spent with Sneasel. The dark pokémon had once been kind and caring, shy and meek. It had been afraid to battle, and had been exiled from his clan. [i]What happened?[/i] Michael thought, tossing the pokéball half a foot out of his hand, catching it softly as gravity worked its 'magic'. [i]Did I do this? Did I force this upon him?[/i]

He sighed and and pocketed the pokéball, resolving to spend the weekend alone, working things out with Sneasel. Not that it meant training, no way. Sneasel was a high tier pokémon, a pokémon that had helped defeat Clair of Blackthorn, and had been one of his most trusted companions. He needed little training. But merely time alone. A time to work things out between them.

He looked towards the arena, his mind clear and his thoughts calm once again, just as a blue flash erupted from the ground. "Wha...?" He merely managed to utter, as a barrage of rocks started to tumble down onto the field, much larger than that which had occurred during his own battle. "Why does no-one hold back. It's a school, for crying out loud." Michael muttered, before picking himself up and moving to the edge of the row of benches. "I suppose I should help." Michael muttered, pulling out a beautiful, ocean blue pokéball, one with patterns that seemed to move like the oceans waves.

Out from the Pokéball emerged one of the most Graceful and beautiful Pokémon mankind had ever uncovered, though that mattered little to Michael. Lapras was a friendly pokémon, most of all, and was glad to help anyone. As she emerged, a small mist of water splashed from the Pokéball, sparkling in the sunlight as it fell. Though no-one noticed the entrance, and Michael didn't care too much, it was dazzling all the same.

"Lapras, stop some of those rocks with Psychic, please." Michael asked, politely. Lapras graciously nodded, almost bowing to Michael before turning her head to falling debris, her eyes appearing to glow. Unnoticed among the chaos, roughly a quarter of the rocks stopped in mid-air, and appeared to be flung harmlessly to the side, saving most of the spectators from being crushed. Michael nodded contently, before moving calmly down the stairs, his calm demeanour appearing almost ignorant of the situation at hand.

"If you would please calm down." Michael asked, though apparently unneccesarily, for Brighton had already started to walk away. Michael sighed again and turned to Aero, and in a calm and friendly, but underlyingly cold voice, said "Nice way to boost the Moon's reputation." He shook his head and crouched down beside Ice, muttering to himself.
Lapras shuffled along beside him, still looking graceful despite her clumsy moves on her fins, and lowered her head to touch Ice's forehead. "You know what to do." Michael merely stated, before moving backwards, pulling Aero with him.
"Leave Lapras to do her work. Safeguard will keep Ice stable, and it'll be good until professionals arive. You need to work on your temper though. Brighton did help, no matter what you think of him, and spreading hate is not a good way to promote inter-dorm friendships." Michael muttered, placing his hand on Aero's shoulder. "She'll be fine. Dont worry about her." He added, smiling a little.

"But, I was genuinely trying to warn you..." Areo said sincerely, a little disappointed but also a little amused that Brighton had interpreted them as harsh words. They had been a warning, because from what he knew even the rich needed time to let their glow fade for a bit and rest, unlike the constantly-shining and talented Brighton. The truth was that one day, so long as Brighton continued on merrily with his talents and wants, real life would kick in.

Still, he was somewhat amused. That man, Brighton, wasn't as perfect as he seemed. He can lie great, but when he interpreted Areo's words wrongly, that's when the moon guy knew he had finally made a dent. A small dent in a gigantic metallic glowing fortress, but still a dent.

"They were genuine words of concern." He almost laughed those words out. He had already forgiven the man a bit for his attitude, since he had gone through the trouble of saving Ice's life. In a way, he knew he would be eternally grateful to Mr Perfect, even if this man was twisted in his own shiny way. His animosity had faded away the moment Brighton had said [color=#ff8c00]'luckily Shawn and myself saved her from such injury', [/color]and this fact was probably plainly visible to the audience.

The fact was that Areo, no matter what condition he was in, never addressed his enemies, and if he talks on and makes a speech, that must mean that he thinks of them as a 'friend' or 'ally. Maybe not everyone knew this, but it wasn't that hard to figure out.

Brighton's mistake right there - a dent in his perfection. Brighton might realize this small mistake someday, but for now Areo could laugh about it with Ice....Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice.....?!?!?!?

Immediately his demeanor changed and he glanced back down at the Ice with a horrified look, and the air had quite obviously grown thick again in his worry over his [s]girl[/s]friend. By then, it might've been quite obvious as to how much regard and concern he had actually given to the shining star if they compared his two moods together.

[b]Edit[/b]: He then noticed Michael and his Lapras. "Don't be fooled by that guy. I wasn't angry in the slightest." He reassured him, smiling weirdly yet genuinely as he recalled Brighton mistake his friendliness for malice. "Well, okay, I'll be honest - maybe a bit, for his mistake and harming my Noctowl...but he did save her life after all....and thank you for helping her until they come."

"I've never gone there myself, nor will I bother dirtying myself by going there." The statement of the odious bird user replayed in Brighton's head as Brighton relaxed. He could hear this new revelation about genuine words of warning but how is this particular sentence a genuine word of warning. The implications alone were simply rude enough, he stroked his chin over and over trying to figure out what was the appropriate non-insulting way to take that statement. Was he mistaken, yes that annoying moon speech about pink things on the moon being not lonely could be warning. However that collection of word vomit was nebulous enough to be anything. Clearly insulting one friends is a low blow especially for one who prides himself on using pokemon the soar so high.

As Dratini ate he decided to look back at the area and see if anything remotely interesting had happened maybe the bird boy choked on his own birds. That is when he saw IT. The original legendary pokemon of beauty a Lapras! Brighton could only stand in attention of this marvel, it would appear as if he had teleported his way over to the creatures side with Vulpix on his hat and Dratini around his neck. [color=#ff8c00]Sooo beautiful [/color]he said softly as his energy wasn't properly allocated to speaking just marveling. There has to be more elegant pokemon of this caliber out there for his goal to be achieved. [color=#ff8c00]Interesting[/color] as he began to think out loud. [color=#ff8c00]It is a blessing from the Sun today is not a day to be mad today is a day of opportunity and discovery. [/color]He now found his goal and he realized these events are truly gifts granted to him by the universe for maintaining his beauty in the face of adversity. In his mind he reviewed the events:

The Sun Dorm SWEPT today's games.
The girl that used pokemon to attack another human indeed herself got attacked by a pokemon...karma
The overly sensitive bird user who through out the word coward was soundly defeated and ran crying...karma
It was the Sun Dorm students, and Michael, who jumped to the inferior beings rescue.
He got to marvel at a Lapras up close and personal
And class got out early.

The day has just started and so many rewards have been given truly this the benevolence of the Sun.

Redwood watched as most of the students, including Cam, left the arena, but some stayed to tend to the hurt girl. Even though it annoyed Redwood that they stayed even if they were ordered to leave, he couldn't tell them not to care for her, and it made him slightly less angry that they took the ten extra minutes thay had gotten to actually help a classmate. The medics appeared and helped Ice get to the infirmary.

Meanwhile, Cam made his way into his room and threw himself on the bed. While he did care about if Ice was okay or not he didn't want to be dragged into the whole rivalry thing that was going on between his dormmate Brighton and the bird-guy, Areo. He decided instead to take a small nap until the next class would start in about half an hour.

Shawn remained silent throughout the conversation at the arena. Upon seeing the paramedics had arrived to take Ice to the Infirmary, he turned around satisfied enough that things were going to be OK in the end. [color=#006400][b]“I guess I will be going to use what I have left of my time for a short study session before going to lesson two,”[/b][/color] he informed them casually walked away as he placed his black cap on his hat while walking. He paused shortly near exiting their sight range as he placed his thumb up without looking back for their reactions. [color=#006400][b]“Good luck with that. I will assume you won’t be at lesson two so I guess someone will cover that for you by informing the teacher of what happeed,”[/b][/color] he said as he exited the arena and was heading towards the Sun Dorm nearby the docks for his short studying session that he has always done during every break and gap he has got the opportunity for.

Ounce in the infirmary Ice stirred, and began to wake up.

"What happened, where am I?" Ice said to herself and then it all came back to her Plusle getting hit by Earthquake, her walking out onto the field to grab the injured Pokemon, and then Gyarados raising from under the battlefield misunderstanding it Trainer's orders. Rose... oh the poor girl was probably getting laid into by Redwood. Ice looked a short ways away from her where her Pokeballs there was Roselia's and there was Illumise's, and there was Plusle's. Ice leaned over and grabbed the Pokeball and popped it open to see how the little Pokemon was doing, but nothing came out.

Ice's eyes widened with horror,"Doctor, please help, where is my Plusle!" Ice became scared for the small Pokemon was it still on the battlefield not knowing where she was scared and alone.

Cael surprisingly ignored Ice, he'd usually comeback with a smart-ass comment. He stood up again and started to walk out of the arena, he looked at the ground before Ice and noticed something strange ... rumbling. Gyarados popped out of the fissure and hit Ice instead of Plusle. He was slightly shocked but never bothered to help, he'd just get in the way anyways. He started to walk outside of the arena and never bothered to tell Redwood. He went back in to the academy, Larvitar started to pull of Cael's arm, he sighed and lifted her up on his shoulder. He flinched, [color=#000080]"You ... do know you're heavy ... then you t-think?"[/color] The Pokémon started to laugh, the average Larvitar weighed 160 Lbs. It was a surprise that Cael could hold her up there.

[color=#666666]"Larv~itar!" [/color]The Rock Skin Pokémon started to giggle, usually she was a little more shy. Even to Cael, he smiled. They went to their dorm. Upon opening the door he was greeted by Pansear who said he wanted to stay back during the exams.
[color=#ff0000]"Pan..."[/color] Deke yawned and smiled, a grey bubble started to form. It hit Geno and Cael. Cael began to feel drowsy.

[color=#000080]"I... hate you..." [/color]He smiled and dosed off with Larvitar, Pansear did as well.

Areo had been watching over Ice when she had suddenly woke up, panicking about her Plusle.

"I'm sureyou managed to return it back into its Pokeball, since I didn't see it on the field..." Areo reassured her a bit, though uncertainly. The sight of Ice distressed really distressed him as well, but somebody had to be the optimist, and when it wasn't her it was him. "Maybe um...maybe it's recovering...?"

Then his eyes became more serious and he looked down into Ice's violet ones. "More importantly...are you okay, Ice?"

Bighton in his infinite beauty quickly exited the arena and floated like a graceful beautiful back to his room. It was time to do research before the next class. Once he got back to the room before his roommate he turned on his giant and quite ostentatious desktop which was customized to play calming xylophone music as it was being turned on. He had a port to plug in his pokedex which surprisingly had a lot of entries due to his part time job. But off to the interwebz to find out the most beautiful pokemon in existence for his fold. He scoured up and down and as he was looking at some dazzling contest video and stunning pokemon battles he started to see which pokemon was truly superb.

[color=#ff8c00]Oh so that is Michael's sister...I see... intriguing. Must...continue...[/color]

After all of his searching and even including the opinions of his pokemon they were all simply watching TV on a computer screen at this point. They decided on a final three, Milotic, Lilligant, and Misdreavus. Thought the decision was hard he had to settle with the sheer opulence of Milotic. Sure that would be [i]another[/i] one of his pokemon that would be weak against electric attacks but we must sacrifice some things for beauty. So he looked to see where he could catch one and apparently sense he is not a scuba diver as they live in the bottom lakes he would have to evolve one from a Feebas.

[color=#ff8c00]Feebas...hmm lets see what does a Feebas look like...[/color]as he clicked on the picture his face froze in fear....[color=#ff8c00]Its hideous why is it a fish that blends in with dirt.[/color] This had to be a test of his beautiful patience. One he would surely pass.

"Huh what, Areo, your here?" Ice asked slightly puzzled she hadn't seen anybody when she'd awoken, but she hadn't really looked either she had only cared about finding Plusle.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice you, Areo what am I doing here I need to find Plusle," Ice said she then tried to get up out of bed, and as soon as her feet hit the floor she collapsed in pain and hit the floor,"Aaaaahh, ooff!" A small red ear stuck out from behind the door, and Plusle walked up to Ice who was now collapsed on the floor.

"Oh my baby I thought your were gone, I thought I would never find you again," Ice hugged Plusle affectionately, and let out a little spark, what was meant to be playful caused Ice to go into a somewhat catatonic state but what really toke seconds was a whole episode for Ice.

[i]"Come now darling just come into the chamber, no harm will come of it," Dr. Elias ushered her into a small glass chamber inside sat a small Cubone. Ice meekly stepped in. [/i]

[i]"Hello Cubone, I'm here do make friends with you.." Ice only got mid way through her sentence before Cubone attacked her, it scratched and clawed at her tearing at her flesh. [/i]

[i]"Come now Sheila (Ice's name while in control of Dr. Elias she had changed her name back to its original form after she had escaped) you can do it, just use your powers then Cubone will stop, thats all you have to do use your powers," Dr. Elias said to her from outside the chamber.[/i]

[i]"But Doctor I can't please stop it!" Ice yelled in pain.[/i]

[i]"Fine you brat get out here,"Dr. Elias said as he opened the chamber allowing for Ice to escape, but before she could get far he grabbed her hard by the wrist,"now Sheila I'm disappointed in you and you know what disappoint means,"the doctor said bring out his electric whip,"now you waste of space time to feel true pain this is what happens when you fail your master."[/i]

Ice came out of the episode sweating and taking heavy breaths,"I'm fine its okay Ice I'm with friends now I'm with Areo now nobody can hurt you now, you don't ever have to be Sheila again."

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, Rose still remained frozen, unsure what to do, and utterly[/color][color=#000000] [i]consumed[/i] [/color][color=#000000]by guilt. She could only watch as everyone else had parted ways, leaving herself to see the aftermath of her actions, or rather, lack [i]of[/i] them, for herself. However, she slipped into a state of sub-consciousness as she closed her eyes.[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=The Sub-Conscious Memory]The next thing Rose saw was a Heatran in front of her, staring down a cocky, blue-haired trainer who had called forth a Dugtrio. The two Pokemon had been sparring for a while, until Heatran was struck underneath from the Dugtrio, and collapsed on the ground just a few feet from her.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"HEATRAN!!"[/color][color=#000000] After shouting this, in a slightly different voice than normal, Rose ran after the Heatran, who stood up slowly, grievously injured from the attack.[/color]

[color=#000080]"Pah, pathetic!" [/color][color=#000000]the other trainer scoffed, [/color][color=#000080]"I [i]knew[/i] I could even the scales, Coral. But even [i]I[/i] [/color][color=#000080]wouldn't have guessed..."[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Shut the hell up!"[/color][color=#000000] Rose intervened, [/color][color=#4b0082]"This isn't over til one of our Pokemon faints; and I'll make [i]sure[/i] it's that damned Dugtrio! Heatran, Flamethrower!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Heatran spewed a stream of fire at the Dugtrio, fully aware that it could just duck and proceed to attack like last time. But Dugtrio wasn't the one that was hit; it was the Dugtrio's trainer, who had got singed in the leg for foolishly neglecting the attack coming his way.[/color]

[color=#000080]"What the hell was [i]that[/i]...?!"[/color][color=#000000] the trainer yelled, but before he could say the word 'for'...[/color]

[color=#000000]"ROSEWOOD!!" A voice that Rose could've [i]sworn[/i] came from Professor Redwood had boomed, before the memory was cut short.[/color][color=#000000][/spoiler][/color]

[color=#000000]Rose woke with a start, unsure of whether that was part of the dream, or if the professor was [i]actually[/i] calling for her attention. Regardless, she began to realize the key differences between her ways in the dream compared to her ways now. She remembered the different voice, the fact that she accepted the nickname of Coral, and specifically the Heatran. She never even [i]seen[/i] such a Pokemon in her life. Rose had also recollected how she appeared in the dream, the main difference being the exact clothing and the fact that she was... skinny. Rose would [i]never[/i] become skinny in real life, she was way too proud of her body as it was, even if she [i]was[/i] verging on the line of [/color][color=#000000]obesity. However, she just had an epiphany; that wasn't Rose that she was dreaming herself as at all. It was in fact...[/color]

[color=#800080]"Mom..."[/color][color=#000000] Rose muttered to herself, before turning to Gyarados again, [/color][color=#800080]"Am I becoming the same as [i]her[/i]?"[/color]

Areo hugged Ice as he saw her lapse into a memory of hers, no doubt about that cruel scientist she had told him about. He hugged her tightly, ignoring her injuries.

"It's okay, Ice. I'm here. Things like that aren't ever going to happen again. I'm sorry I wasn't there when I was supposed to be there, when I was supposed to protect you from that Gyarados. It never occurred to me that you'd try to d- do such a stupid thing...don't do that again, okay? I promise I won't let you be in so much pain ever again...okay?" He reassured his crush, though he did wonder about the name 'Sheila'. "Everything is going to be alright from here on out. No tortures, no genetic modifications, and no pain. Trust me on this."

The words just came pouring out, and Areo himself didn't have any control over them at all...

The paramedics entered the building quickly and professionally, two women, a man and a Blissey, and quickly took over. They nodded a quick thanks to Michael for his help as the owner of Lapras, before dismissing the Lapras and taking over the situation, surrounding Ice and blocking their vision of her. Michael sighed and called Lapras to his side, which Lapras did as soon as she bowed to the Paramedics and shared an un-translatable pokémon word to the Blissey. She was within her pokéball quickly, after Michael gave her a quick pat on the head and a home-made poffin. "Good work." He whispered, before placing the wave decorated pokéball to her forehead and returning her.

Ice was in safe hands now, and so Michael decided to leave, watching from the exit as Ice was stretchered away to the Infirmary. He smiled weakly before leaving the arena, grabbing Growlithe's pokéball and releasing the wolf. Growlithe immediately started running around, hyped up and giddy, as typical of a child. Michael chuckled and walked to the lake edge, sitting where he always did when waiting for things to happen. He slipped his shoes and socks off quickly and dipped his feet into the warm water, sighing as he did so. Growlithe jumped onto his lap as he did so, and started to follow a group of Butterfry with his eyes.

"I'm gonna have to give you a nickname soon, aren't I." Michael muttered, more of a statement than a question. "Once you evolve, you're gonna have to be named. But I guess it can wait." He smiled and layed back, resting his head on the soft grass. To his left, a small group of Caterpie worked their way through the grass, ignoring him as the disappeared into the green. Up above a flock of Starly danced about in the sky, and in the water a variety of pokémon seemed to be playing together. The world was peaceful once again, that was his main thought as he closed his eyes.

~~~~

It wasn't long that he dozed for, but it had been long enough for Growlithe to fall off him and lay sleeping on the banks of the Lake. "I guess I can leave him there to sleep. No-one can steal him, and no-one would." Michael reasoned, pocketing the pokéball and standing up, looking around. No-one seemed to be nearby, but he figured where at least two people would be. "I might as well visit, see how she's doing." Michael muttered, striding towards the academy.

It was a short walk to the infirmary, and it wasn't long before he was knocking on the large wooden door, which was slightly ajar, asking for permission to enter.

Archived