Legend Blood [FINISHED, please lock/PG-13/IC] *remake*

Merci

The young vampire prince grinned as they successfully retrieved the bow, aided by Luis's sudden transformation into perhaps one of his strongest armors, a exceedingly bright one capable of damaging the evil within his brother as well as miraculously managing to even approach him and come back without getting killed. Luis had effortlessly sliced through the branches that John had previously had a ton difficulty with. And when they finally retrieved the bow, he could sense Feredir's admiration of it, as its corrupted blackness peeled away. But then he offered it with the voice of the forest to back him up. Only a touch, but...

[color=red]"Do I really...deserve this power?"[/color] He asked, a bit uncertainly, and reached out his hand.

[center]~~~[/center]

[color=darkred][i]HumanhumanhumanhuuuUUUMMMAAAANNN HUMAN HUMAN HUMAN HUMAN HUMAN HUMAN HUMANNNN!!!!!![/i][/color]

The Tree of Elnaer screamed this into Luis's mind with an inhuman tone of disgust and hatred as he cut through the branches, trying to tear the human apart with all it could. Beyond all else, the desire to destroy all humans had persisted. Despite not possessing any eyes or mouth, it could still sense him, and it still held on to the emotion of hatred. At this point, anger and hatred were the only emotions it could still feel as a tree.

But despite its desperate attempts, the human evaded it and escaped back to the others. With an inhuman scream, it smashed its branches all around it, wrecking the walls and making a section of the (sort of) attic above crash down onto it. Useless yet impressive-looking items fell down with it, including a strange red crystal that Alexi might recognize from the cave they had earlier gone through to reach Nuevida. These items only served to clutter near the trunk, and the floor was beginning to give way to its tremendous weight.

It tried to control the artificial forest around it, but then realized that the bow had been taken away from it. It was what had reinforced 'his' connection as an artificial vampire-elf hybrid with the forest, and without it the only thing 'he' had was itself. Seething with anger, that was when a golden javelin stabbed into it, going in around three feet. The weapon stuck inside of it began to hinder its movements and growth, and despite its attempt with its branches, it couldn't pull the blasted thing out. Still, while its movements were hampered, its growth remained as fast as ever.

But then, with a shot from Feredir's arrow, the mighty branch that had been collecting the rays of the full moon from outside fell to the ground far below, and once more let out an inhuman cry of hatred. The enemy this time hadn't been a human, but an elf...

[center]~~~[/center]

Getting rid of his doubts, Alsa touched the bow, and found a large surge of strength unlike any other surge through him. His body state quickly recovered from its previous tiredness, and right now he felt as powerful as his brother had once been before undergoing this monstrous transformation into a tree. Power that was almost incomprehensible to him, but definitely the power needed to defeat Lord Elnaer.

[color=red]"Yeah...we can do this!"[/color] He declared.

Then, in his hand energy gathered together, building up to form a large orb of energy with a slight tint of green. As the branches started coming for them, slowed down by the lance stuck inside the main tree, he unleashed it and destroyed all the coming branches. Without any more shield to stay inside of, the only thing left remaining was to go on the offensive. With this group of people...there was absolutely nothing to fear.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyon heard the voice from behind him, but ignored all the inbred instincts that told him to turn around and face the new enemy. "You really think I'll fall for that. I know enough about you to know that if your shadow avatar could attack, you would already have used it to attack me." Flinging his left hand forward, he fired the water acumulated in it as a hail of ice crystals, to block the arrows and plummet towards the source of the arrows. That source had already moved away, but this time he had seen the direction Niasa had gone, and brought up his crossbow to shoot the ice bolt towards the bookshelf she was hiding under. "While the throne may not belong to me, as things stand, I will be the only option to take the throne when both you and Elnaer are killed." Lyon's left hand came up in front of him, pulling the ice shards he had thrown back into it, to return to liquid water before continuing to gather up more from the air. Then, he slowly moved towards the bookshelf, replacing his crossbow in his holder and drawing his sword as he did so, prepared to fend off more arrows if needed.

Luis noticed that although, not by much, his lance was slowing down the malicious tree. A smile appeared on his face, his magic was working. Then a barrage or attacks from the other began and ended in a flash, destroying many of the branches, even those that were trying to get his lance out. Still, the branches were never-ending. The only thing that could be done was to continue to fight, not for the sake of humans or vampires, but for the sake of peace.

Luis then got attacked by another barrage of branches, but this time he only had his shield as a weapon. Lucky for him many of the branched would disintegrate before they even reached him. That is because his lance, which is stuck in the tree, has about 2/3 of the evil banishing magic. The rest was spread among the armor and shield. Anyways, a shield was all he needed to attack, since a measly smack by the shield would cause the branches to dissipate. "There's still too many," Luis mumbled under his breath. That when the tree did one more attack, one where branches were sent all over the room, causing the ceiling to collapse. Funny though, the attack was easily blocked by Luis, but the ceiling breaking destroyed most of the branches.

"I guess we finish this now." Luis told Elnaer.. The wings on his armor then began to release a blue aurora, which would only stay for about 10 seconds. "Burst mode!" Luis yelled The armor then stopped releasing the blue aurora and began to violently release blue energy from the wings. If one would look carefully enough the energy sort of took the shape of wings. With that Luis suddenly rocketed to the tree, propelled by the blue energy. Within a second he was at the tree, his shield touching the tree. His plan went as intended, he had hit his lance with his shield to almost make the lance pierce the tree. There was enough force behind it that his lance was actually sticking out the other side a few inches and his shield was embedded in the tree.

Luis then started doing back-hops until he reached the other warriors. "There, I think that should do it."

[i][color=#ee82ee]....It belongs to Alsa, and nobody else,[/color][/i] she thought to herself, but she couldn't quite say that, especially in the heat of battle. Instead of replying, she simply waited as Lyon drew closer. Then with a bow of energy in hand, she fired yet another energy arrow, detailed in structure and refined, a perfect representation of how an arrow should be, the materialization of the mind. But since she was still behind the bookcase and Lyon hadn't yet appeared, wasn't it impractical to shoot now, instead of later?

However, although Niasa hadn't quite mastered this technique yet, suddenly the arrow swerved to the right by itself just as Lyon approached from a close distance. Yet again, it was a sort of sudden surprise attack.

The vampire princess wasn't sure if it would work, but she had to keep trying until she successfully defeated him. He was a master of ice, who kept on drawing moisture from the air for his attacks. If she could somehow start a fire in here, then that should give him a even huger disadvantage. But at the same time, since this room was heavily sealed with the only exit being the chained and enchanted door that led into the library, she might also risk losing both herself and the brave Aro, who was currently hiding in a hardly-noticable storage room. Not to mention it would take precious time to use the key to re-unlock it and get out.

Letting the energy bow in her hands fade away, they were replaced by a wide shield-like object with a sharp blade portruding out of it, yet still light enough for her to wield effectively with one hand. Right now, she had to improvise her abilities if she ever hoped to beat this mercenary. If he attacked, she could block it, and then retaliate straightaway...she could only hope it worked.

--------------

[color=darkred][i]destroy all human[/i][/color]s

The tree sensed the human, it identified the human. It could identify all the lifeforms currently in the building. The ones nearest to it were two impure vampires, with large amounts of foreign substances mixed into them, along with an elf and a human, a human. It hated humans, though it didn't quite remember why anymore. What was hatred? It was such a strange feeling, yet so real, so strong. Three words that drove it, along with the current matter of exterminating its current opponents[i]. [/i]

It didn't make sense. If it was to destroy all humans for the sake of self-preservation, then what about the things it was at the moment facing? They all aimed to destroy it. Such a thing was incomprehensible, but then again, everything was. It didn't care. It couldn't reason anymore, but it reasoned anyway; perhaps it should simply destroy all non-vampires. It was clearly evident that there were no real vampires present in the room, which supports the theory that they are of no threat.

Therefore;

[color=darkred][i]non-vampire die[/i][/color]

Disembodied words make their way telepathically into the minds of those present.

As the human retreated back, having embedded his shield and lance into the tree, the branches stopped moving for a moment. All movement was paralyzed, for but the five seconds it took for the human to make his triumphant comment. Then, defying all reason, it started motion again, the branches twitching...and tore into the tree's own bark. With tremendous strength, they began 'digging in', throwing out chunks of black wood, until they threw out a particular long one that disintegrated quickly to reveal Luis's shield and sword.

In the tree was now a wide hole, and once again both movement and growth stopped temporarily for about ten seconds, the gap closing...

--------------

Then Alsa shot right to action, charging up a wide greenish energy attack with a huge boost from Feredir's bow. Thanks to the hollow spot that Luis had - probably unintentionally - ended up making, this shouldn't take too much more. He poured mana into it, and fired it at the tree that had once been his brother. But it wasn't a reckless attack. Suddenly, it split into two different energy beams, that each went forth to penetrate both sides of the hole that kept the tree up and steady. The attack tore into it, and then the Elnear tree fell off-balance for a moment.

But he hadn't managed to fully penetrate it, and the tiny parts of wood still remaining to connect both halves of the tree together kept it stable, long enough for branches to 'enroot themselves' at the back of the throne room to pull it back up.

Sometimes all the effort of bringing down a tree comes down to one final swing of an axe, and having finished with freezing the better portion of the room and taking a moment to survey the situation Alexi decided that he might as well be the metaphorical axe blow. The tree was distracted now, focusing more on attempting to repair itself rather than upon defending itself, and that gave him his opening. Wings lifted high into the air above and forward of him, and he brought himself down on his legs in a squatting position. He became like a spring compressed as far as it possibly could be until the moment when its tension was released.

Just as the tree began to pull itself back up, all the tension was released and the iron construct was sent hurtling through the air. He didn't fly the whole way there, rather he dropped himself to the ground just a few meters from the tree. Wings disappeared and the strength of his legs sent him hurtling through the air once more, only this time he sent himself tumbling end over end through the air in a somersault. At first it might have seemed that he would miss his target and instead strike just above the rather large gap which was left in that unnatural tree, but one who thought that Alexi Sa'Lien was going to miss certainly knew little about him.

He certainly did first impact the tree just above the weak point, the force of his impact hopefully enough to pause its attempts to right itself, with his newly clawed draconic feet being the point of impact. The claws in question dug into the wood of the tree, and soon acrid fumes began to cloud the air about him as super-heated metal met this corrupted natural element. This was only stage one. Soon, he twisted himself about so that his torso was turned at a ninety degree angle to the floor and thus giving himself the chance to strike at a certain weak point. Of course there was the chance that his initial impact would provide enough additional weight for the floor to give out under this...thing that had once been the lord of his people but he was too focused on his current objective for that to matter in his mind.

Thusly turned about, Alexi's clawed hands came arcing through the air in what was a downward motion from his perspective, and a horizontal one from that of any onlooker, towards what little wood was left to be cut in order to sever the tree from its roots. Even as he felt his superheated claws finally sever the weakened trunk of the tree he doubted that this battle was over, and decided upon a parting gift for this monstrosity. He released the grip of his clawed feet and kicked off from the tree in a manner that would assure he landed facing it, and mid-air he readied a particularly nasty spurt of acid which he could strike out with. As soon as his feet touched the stone floor, a stream of thick acidic fluid burst forth from his maw. His target was the upper portion of the stump, and the intention was to postpone the arrival of whatever new and exciting horror awaited them.

[color=darkred][i]DESTROY ALL...[/i][/color]

Its stump severed, the main tree came crashing down onto the floor, just barely away from Alsa and Feredir as it hit. With that, the throne room floor finally gave way, breaking under its sheer weight, and the log fell onto the fourth floor; it collapsed quickly afterwards, letting it fall into the third. But by some miracle, two halves of the throne room - separated from each other by a wide gap that led into the third floor - a gap only a human with magic or vampire with athletic skills could traverse.

On one half stood Feredir, Alsa, Luis, where they were quickly joined by Alexi, where the ruined entrance was. At the side, the corpse of the late Phoenix lay. On the other half was a huge stump at the very edge, which was what remained of the trunk of the huge Elnaer tree, with a golden throne behind it that somehow still stayed intact if only somewhat melted. At first, the stump looked as if it was going to simply regrow back, but it suddenly stopped motion once Alexi unleashed thick acid onto it.

[color=red]"Did we do it...?"[/color] The vampire prince murmured, still cautious.

An eerie silence passed the throne room.

Seeing the stump fizzle and hiss as the highly corrosive contents of his breath weapon struck it had little relieving effect on Alexi. Even having landed as he did, he maintained a ready stance should some new form of monstrosity see fit to attack them spurred on by whatever of Elnaer's will was left. Sure, they'd done everything that would be logically involved in felling a tree...but finally killing Elnaer could not possibly be as simple as cutting down a tree. Could it?

"I don't think so Asla." He began, gradually retreating from the edge of the massive hole, "If my second year transformative magics class taught me anything, it's that when someone loses control of their transformation it only gets worse. Be ready for anything...but hopefully it will be plant-based." Had there been time, he would have begun a rather drawn-out ritual spell with the intention of discerning exactly what sort of magical processes were going on at that moment. However he didn't count on them having enough time to draw out an incredibly complex sigil in a mixture of tree sap and mercury before standing there channeling mana into it for anywhere from 3 to 26 minutes. He retreated perhaps a total of ten feet from the hole in the floor, and also spread his wings once more so as to be as ready as could be.

"I agree with Iro-....Dr. Salien. This isn't over yet." Feredir agreed, nodding his head slightly as he looked towards the large chasm that now seperated the Throne room in two. He sighed and closed his eyes, he attention brought towards the stump of the tree trunk that fizzled and seemed to die on the other side. What he sensed confused Feredir, for his senses seemed to be confused and blocked. The magick that Elnaer had once had was still there, but it was blocked somehow, and Feredir could not tell whether it was fading or growing; Alexi's Acid seemed to be a magical insulator or had some similar property, for it blocked Feredir's magical sense. [i]Interesting[/i]. Feredir mused, before turning to the Doctor himself.

"I dont believe we've been formally introduced, at least not as you are now, good Doctor." Feredir said, with a nervous smile. He was wary of both the pit and the stump, knowing that something was likely to happen soon. "But, I guess, now is not the time for that. Now, while a Transformation misplacement does result in an overload of somekind, it generally remains true to it's original intentions. I have yet to see anything that transforms into something completely different after it loses control. It should remain plant-esque." Feredir explained, turning back towards the chasm.

Phoenix's body laid there on the other side, cold, lonely. It shouldn't be like that. His name meant warmth and fire, and life. The Phoenix rose from the ashes. Perhaps....maybe. [i]Yes, perhaps I can do it. It's been a while since I've tried it before, and last time it didn't go great. But the magic around us now is impressive, I could use that...[/i] Feredir thought to himself, before reaching out a hand in the direction of Phoenix. [color=#00ff00]"A thabhairt dom!"[/color] Feredir cried, the language appearing to emphasise the magic, for as soon as he uttered the words, the body of Phoenix glowed for a moment, then flew off of the floor towards Feredir, who caught it well, and rest it in front of him.

"We struggled greatly in that battle..." Feredir stated, slowly pressing an ear to the chest of the body of Phoenix, listening not for the heart, but for something else. "...And that means we need help. If I'm right..." Feredir stopped, and listened even more intently, before lifting his head back up and placing a hand on the Phoenix's chest, and the over on his bow. "...I do believe I can still hear a slight flow of magic in his body. I might be wrong, but if I'm right, this man would aid us greatly in this fight." Feredir explained, before starting to chant. [color=#00ff00]"Tabhair dó fuinnimh. Tabhair dó draíochta. Tabhair dó beatha."[/color] He spoke slowly, almost singing; as he sang, a green glow surrounded his hands, and the injuries on the Phoenix's body started to heal. However, that did not mean he would come back to life; it was merely a matter of chance, whether or not Phoenix still lived - even just slightly - within that body.

[i]I'm sorry, everyone.[/i]

The voice of a lone human murmured this as he walked through a world of darkness. There was nothing else here, only an empty void. He had failed to defeat the Vampire Lord, and he had let both his men and all the people of Lath down. He had even let his parents down. Everyone's expectations. Darkness. Hopelessness. A purgatory he couldn't ever escape from, because he was dead. It really was sad. He had grown up, lived his whole life to be nothing more than some useless martyr.

[i]...Do you wish to start over?[/i]

At the sudden voice, he looked, but found nobody. Still, that voice was familiar. He knew it from, well, somewhere... somewhere, but where? Wait, of course he knew that voice, it was his mother, wasn't it? Nearby, he saw a river materialize. It wasn't really a river, as it had neither color nor sound, but he somehow knew that there was a river right there. And if he stepped into it-

A light flickered behind the human, and he turned around. A fading light into the outside. A last hope? No, perhaps not, but... he had to decide, between the river and the light. One would give him the chance to start over, but the other would give him the chance to continue as he was. Somehow, he knew this. He wasn't yet dead, not completely. His soul was still within the boundary, between life and death. What lay beyond was perhaps a heaven, but there was no way for him to honestly know unless he went. What he did know was that he wasn't ready to go there yet.

So...he had to choose.

He chose to ignore the light, which then flickered before disappearing into darkness, and dipped into the river.

-------

[color=red]"It only gets worse...transformation misplacement...overload?"[/color] Alsa murmured, staring down into the chasm below, and then at the stump at the other side. [color=red]"Sir Feredir and Doctor, honestly?! We barely managed to defeat that... thing... my brother turned himself into! I know heroes always triumph in stories, and I know how powerful you all are, but... can we really win this upcoming battle? Wouldn't it have been easier to immobilize that log instead of cutting it down-"[/color]

He cut himself off to see his elven mentor attempt to revive the Phoenix, fixing up all his wounds as well as the large hole in his chest. The blood retreated back, and for a moment the body twitched. For a split second, the right eye flickered open and the mouth inhaled. But then it stopped movement again, the eye shutting again, and all movement ceasing. The body was still somewhat alive, but it was in too far a condition to be brought back fully by any normal method, even if his whole body was healed. What the Elnaer tree may have done to him...he may have damaged not just the body, but the soul as well.

[color=red]"...It didn't work."[/color] Alsa said sadly.

"Unfortunately, young prince," Alexi began, still wary of the hole and wondering what could possibly come out of it, "Things like this always get worse. Another transformation was bound to happen even if we didn't cut the tree down, and it would have happened much more quickly if we'd not reclaimed the bow. Think of it this way, things are bound to get worse than they were but they will still be better than if nothing had been done." This was certainly an optimistic way of thinking of things, and one which the good doctor was trying to foster within himself. Even as he spoke these last somewhat reassuring words, the dread within his soul was growing...and then he turned his head to notice Feredir's attempts to revive John fail. At least they mostly failed.

An idea sprang into Alexi's head, but it was an idea which would take more time to implement than they had available to them at that moment, but this idea could give John the chance to serve Lath once again. Whether or not the warrior was resurrected there in the room, he would have to get the Phoenix's body back to his laboratory. In the mean time, though, he needed to be as ready as he could be to stand against this new monster.

"So, we need a plan to take down whatever comes out of there. Any ideas?"

Lyon flicked his sword as the arrow swerved towards him, just enough to knock it into an arc above his head and make it land behind him rather than hitting him. Still suspicious of more arrows coming his way though, he brought the water he had gathered in front of him as a cloud of ice shards, similar to the one he had launched earlier to deflect some arrows, and flicking his hand out as he stepped around the side of the bookshelf, sending them hopefully plummeting into Niasa as they flew. Knowing not to rely on something like that though, he dashed forward behind the cloud with his sword at the ready to try and attack, while his other hand twisted, flicking the cap off the gourd on his back and bringing a small stream of water out from it, ready to protect against a counterattack from Niasa should it occur.

"Oh just let it be over." Luis said as he sat down on the floor. His armor, shield, and weapon dissipating returning him to his normal clothes. "This armor is exhausting. At least let me rest a little." He laughed trying to lighten the mood. That is until he saw Feredir trying to revive the dead warrior. "Taboo." he mumbled to himself. "I don't know much about magic outside my own, but I don't think bringing him back to life would end we-" He stopped when he saw that it was not working. "Pity though, we could use his help" he once again mumble to himself. By this time Alexi ask a question with no clear answer.

"Fight" Luis responded. "That's all we can do for now. Or at least fight until we can figure something out." Luis then laid down. "I may be tired, but I feel that I may need a lot more energy this upcoming battle. For some reason I have this gut feeling that whatever is going to come out of there is going to be targeting me." Luis sighed. "So if you guys can come up with a plan that needs time, leave it to me. I'm pretty sure I can distract it long enough."

As the icicle shards came for Niasa, she blocked them all with her shield-lance energy weapon thing, effortlessly while advancing. Afterwards, the vampire princess concentrated on making a kind of spring within the lance, a thick spring that when released would allow her to fire the lance as a projectile. Everything set, she released the energy spring within, and the lance was fired out of the shield it was attached to into Lyon's cloud. Hopefully it would pierce right through into his heart.

Then, in case he should dodge it, she revealed a Sai from underneath her sleeve in her free hand, her other arm now occupied by an ordinary shield of energy. She preferred to fight at long-range quarters, but such a thing was impossible when facing people like this. If she wanted to protect the throne - for Alsa - she had to succeed in killing him. She couldn't let such a man, such a pawn to the humans obtain the throne...!

----

[color=red]"My brother wants to exterminate humans, so yes, I suppose he would target you first..."[/color] Alsa muttered, taking a few steps to stare down at the chasm. [color=red]"But if he's plant-based, then he'll probably have to root himself to something, like all plants and trees. He has to gain nutrition from somewhere. If we can cut him from that, maybe we can triumph...?"[/color]

Strange sounds were beginning to echo from the bottom, which was now as deep as the first floor. It was nothing at all humane or vampiric, more like silence intensified through a megaphone if one had to put it into words. Something was beginning, but what?

Lyon noticed the lance launched at him as he moved forward, and in a similar movement to the arrow, he slid to the left while using his blade to glance off the side of the lance, displacing it slightly across to the right hand side just past his body. Still watching the movements of his opponent, he moved forward, bringing the water gathered in his left hand into a sphere, the same technique he had been teaching his students the previous day, before launching it out towards his opponent at a speed comparable to that of the arrows and lance his opponent had launched. Not expecting it to do more than explode against Niasa's shield, he moved forward, making use of the momentary disorientation such an explosion at close quarters would cause, attempting to thrust his sword into Niasa's neck or chest, depending on where he could hit. His left hand wasn't staying silent either, gathering the water that would be splashed around by his water sphere, ready to stop the sai he could see in her right hand if needed.

The fight was more than anything Ed ever expected. The two monsters fought in a coordinated rage the like of which could never normally happen. The floor was destroyed in that rage which lead that fight outside. Ed was surprised that the fight could escalate this far. He followed the fight outside to the courtyard. He watched silently from the small crowd and dodged when Adrian shot his katanas into the crowd. He followed the fight to the drawbridge and when he saw Clarice's new trick, Ed had the same reaction Adrian had. [i]So, that crazy woman was hiding something like that all this time[/i]? All the commotion eventually made the bridge collapse, but not before one final showdown. Clarice fell into the abyss when she delivered her final blow. Ed mourned for her a millisecond and dragged Adrian off his little ledge. [color=#800000]"Look at you. You're almost dead and you have one more fight left. Luckily for you, I know some healing magic, so we're all good. Now lay down so I can do this thing."[/color] Ed's hand begin to glow and moves them over Adrian's body, healing his injuries. [color=#800000]"Rest for about a minute, and everything'll be fine. In the meantime, I have to get your swords."[/color] Despite being a master swordsman, Ed is also an ice master, like Lyon. [i]We should spar sometime[/i], he though for a moment. With no effort, Ed created an ice bridge, allowing him access to the other side where the katanas landed. We gathered them and returned to Adrian. He stabbed them into the ground in front of Adrian. [color=#800000]"Get up and I'll show you something cool during the fight."[/color] Ed took off his coat, revealing the tattoo on his arm, and tossed it to safe place. Ed drew his sword and waited for Adrian to get up and engage him in a fight to remember.

The magical flow....he could feel it! It was there! Faint but there...now, if he could just....[i]No![/i] Feredir cried, internally. The glow around his hand intensified, glowing a bright green, and all the wounds on the Phoenix's body were healed, but it made no difference. Feredir was too late; perhaps only a few moments as well. He had sensed the presence of the great warrior, he had been there....but he had gone just as the Elf had noticed him, and there was no hope once that happened.

The elf was frustrated with himself, and as the green glow from his palms suddenly cut out, he was internally screaming, hating himself for his failures. But he showed none of it, instead remaining silent and merely bowing his head to the dead man, paying his respects. He uttered not a sigh as he lifted the Phoenix's body off the floor, and in his two arms carried him out of the throne room, lying him down behind the thick, oak wood doors of the room, away from harms reach.

As he walked back into the throne room, he summoned the bow to his hand with a simple flick of the wrist and walked to the edge of the chasm, staring down into the dark abyss below. [i]Another dead, on your hands. Another's life you could've saved, but instead you failed. So much for being a great Elven Mage. The last of the Elves, and you can even save one man's life.[/i] He thought to himself, shedding a single tear, which dripped away down into the darkness below.

"The body did not deserve more of a beating, after what it's been through." Feredir explained, without turning. He sighed and composed himself, which did nothing externally, but meant ordering his internal thoughts. Then, with his mind, he searched below them, searching for a presence. What he felt, was nothing. Nothingness, just emptiness. The anger, the darkness, the violence. All of these, he could feel none of it. Which scared him, for had the remnants of Elnaer been dead, he would've at least felt the expelling of his magick, the last remains of the vampire lord, seeping away and dispersing.

"I have never seen a transformation get this far." Feredir suddenly stated, turning around to face the others. "In the rare occurance that a transformation would get out of hand, the High Elves of old would always take it down, rather simply and easily. The strongest mages of the age. But this...no-one had ever gone this far." Feredir paused and turned his head back to face the chasm. "Even those high mages and preistesses of old may have had trouble with this. For us 4 to defeat whatever comes out of that hole...we shall need a miracle." Feredir muttered, closing his eyes for a moment and thinking.

"For now, we delay for that miracle. Do all we can to defeat whatever beast comes writhing out of that hole. I have little hope of a victory for us, but our full powers will be needed non-the-less, and we shall oblige. To finish what the Phoenix started, to rid Lath of the monster that was Elnaer, and return it to its once peaceful state; a golden era of Vampire and Human community. For Lath, and for life, we shall defeat this monstrosity. Agreed?"

Another flaw in Niasa's magic of temporarily converting energy into matter is that she has to actually project them from her hands to bring them into existence. A knife would have to begin with the hilt held by her hands. Had she actually trained further, focused more, she could've learned to project them anywhere around her body, and perhaps even project them separate from her body and fire them ala Unlimited Blade Works. Unfortunately, she didn't.

She barely managed to block the water sphere exploding against the vampire princess's shield, which was damaged afterwards and thus disappeared into nothingness. Then, as she recovered from the recoil, the disinherited royal attacked her. She moved her sai to block the thrust of his sword, but all of a sudden it was trapped inside another sphere of water which acted like shackles, helpless.

No good-

A sharpness pierced into her chest, before she could project another shield with her free hand. A large red stain began to grow over the shirt of the commoner's clothes that she wore. With her free hand, she projected a gauntlet of energy over it, before gripping the sword and pulling it out.

Just barely, it had missed her heart, but she was as good as dead anyway.

[color=#ee82ee]"The throne...belongs...to Alsa alone...!"[/color] she gasped out to Lyon, taking a few steps back, before coughing out blood. Perhaps he was already assured of her death, or perhaps he thought she was powerless, but he didn't do anything within those five seconds. [color=#ee82ee]"...he is alive...and he is the only one who deserves it, out of [i]all of us!"[/i][/color]

Then the ceiling around them collapsed.

--------

[b]-11:00-[/b]

[color=red]"Agreed."[/color] Alsa replied, without hesitation, nodding. [color=red]"My brother...he is no more. All that is left is to destroy the creature he created, and bring back peace to Lath."[/color]

A moment of silence passed.

Then, the sounds of metal screeching against...something... beneath their feet could be heard, everything being torn apart within the chasm...and then gigantic roots growing upwards emerged from the darkness, tearing off the whole roof around them, but throwing it away instead of letting the rubble collapse down. The roots were quickly followed by the log they had earlier chopped down, it itself having grown to a much larger size, which flew in reverse position up into the air after smashing all the walls and windows around them, only by luck missing the group of four, and it was all happening so fast that the young vampire prince's mind couldn't quite process it-

------

Hiding within the storage room, Aro somehow managed to survive falling rubble, and climbed out of it. It helped that the secret room in the library had been right against a castle wall. He didn't know whether the vampire princess was alive, but- but surely she was, right? There's no way she would let herself die just like that, right? Right? Right?!

Regardless of whether or not she survived, he successfully climbed out of the debris, and emerged into a battlefield. Or at least, a former battlefield. A fallen roof had disrupted the battle, and the soldiers had all scattered to help their survivng comrades trapped beneath it.

[color=maroon]"How...?"[/color] He murmured, before looking to see someone trapped nearby. [color=maroon]"C- commander!"[/color]

Rushing towards the trapped vampire, he picked up rubble and threw them away - it didn't help that the roof had been made from gems, the royal family wanting to appear as elegant as possible, and also that there had been a few spires that pierced into the ground along with - and Commander Ptonemely managed to climb back out.

[color=maroon]"Thank you."[/color] The commander breathed out. [color=maroon]"Dammit, why the hell did Lord Elnaer throw that-"[/color]

Their attention was caught as a shadow covered the whole area around the castle.

------

[color=magenta]"...Hm."[/color]

Azami looked up as she exited the castle, only to see a large section of the magnificent 'roof' flung off by a powerful force. The soldiers fighting blindly at the south gate scattered in panic as the hard debris came crashing down. Sighing, she took a few steps back nearer to the castle, multiple screams filled the air before being cut short as the result of it all smashed into the south part of the battlefield.

Not all managed to escape, but the total death count was around fifty, and most of them had been rebel soldiers, plus one human. For a moment, the fight was abandoned as royal guards and soldiers rushed to help their living comrades trapped underneath debris, while others took advantage to kill off trapped enemies in a rather disgraceful manner. Not to mention the roof was followed over by smashed walls from all the upper floor, the bricks of which successfully pelted into a few survivors.

It was a miracle that the castle itself remained standing, perhaps a miracle brought about the previous Vampire Lords' magic. Who knows?

Afterwards, she ran over the remains of the thrown roof and disposed wall to observe the top of the castle.

By some impossibility, someone managed to defeat the tree, but that would only end up in mangling Elnaer's control and concept of reality and the forest. Even she couldn't predict the abomination that might result from a destabilization of an elven-vampiric hybrid synchronized with a forest to the point of regenerating as a tree and then de-synchronizing to make his own tree and finally being cut down as a mystery. Now, only the laws of the universe could dictate the eldritch abomination that floats in the sky.

All the soldiers had halted their battle, as they observed with her the....thing...that came out of it.

She didn't know whether to laugh or to frown.

The simplest description for the abomination that emerged out of the castle would be an [i]'upside-down tree'.[/i] On the upper half, thick roots reaching out higher and higher, looking as if they were rooting themselves to the concept known as the sky, taking in mana scattered about in the air as nutrients. On the lower half, huge branches with red leaves that that went in the opposite direction, heading lower and looking more like extensions of hell trying to reach the living world rather than just a chaotic tree that has forgotten how the laws of physics are supposed to work.

It was not so much an abomination as it is a [i]phenomena[/i]. Just like how grinding tectonic plates cause earthquakes and how surging magma causes volcanic activity, this is just how uncontrollable mana causes this...unknown...phenomena. However, it was better defined as an abomination rather than a phenomena because of one simple fact; while phenomena are utterly unaffected by the will of people, abominations [i]are[/i].

[color=darkred]Destroy all humans.[/color]

It was never Lord Elnaer's intention to become this monster, wherein his will disappears entirely.

His intention was to grow as an ordinary tree, his roots would tear down lower and lower into the castle until finally finding ground, and then grow from there. Then, he could simply keep on growing and launch attacks on humans, since as a tree he can easily distinguish between all forms of life. Afterwards, once all humans were fully extinct on the world of Lath, his will would die entirely and the tree would simply turn into a Yggdrasil-like gigantic tree that cannot ever be cut down and will forever conduct normal photosynthesis. Harmless.

But cut down, his will became mangled. Yet, by some miracle, his one desire has managed to [i]best[/i] and [i]dictate[/i] this phenomena...which is actually a good thing, since if this phenomena were left to its own devices, it would immediately destroy all forms of life on Lath.

[color=magenta]"Elnaer got his name from the old vampiric word [i]Einarr[/i], derived from 'Ein' (lone), and 'Narr' (warrior). It shares the same origin as the word Einherjar, which is the word for slain warriors in the afterlife..."[/color] Azami muttered to herself out loud, for no particular reason. [color=magenta]"So, I guess it'd be proper to call this thing [b]Elnherjar."[/b][/color]

Elnherjar 'floats' directly above the castle of Nuevida, though it isn't technically floating. Its roots are rooted to the moonlight of the full moon, sucking in the mysterious (and normally harmless) radiation as nutrition. Once the full moon disappears, it will crash back down into the castle below, but that would take six to seven hours - which wasn't enough time.

The immediate problem was that from here, everyone in Nuevida was a potential target. For now, it would only target humans and hybrids. But if left alone, it might start targeting everything that wasn't defined as a 'real vampire', including chickens, cows, sheep, birds, fish, and might even start targeting 'vampires who have touched something that isn't a vampire', which is just about everything on Lath.

If left alone, it could exterminate almost everything within the space of six hours, and it would only [i]start[/i] with humans. It didn't have the concept of 'reasoning' anymore. Phenomena weren't supposed to have a 'goal' in the first place; if it were a normal phenomena, it would simply cause a ton of damage like a hurricane before dying down; but it wasn't. Lord Elnaer's insane will persisted without knowing that it was exceeding what he originally wanted (which a world without humans, and only humans).

Sighing, Azami selected a large stone brick for her to sit on, and decided to watch the ensuing battle against the eldritch abomination without any intention of participating.

Elnherjar was silent for now, merely complacant with floating above the castle. But its presence was undeniable, and it wasn't doing nothing - its mysterious sixth sense that only plants have was scouring the whole planet, identifying and distinguishing between all forms of life.

After a minute of remaining silent (which a ton of people might've taken the opportunity to attack it, without avail), a rain of red leaves were launched directly downward towards Luis - the first and closest human it could identify - and the trio around him could also be easily hit from such a close range. For now, however, it would only focus on attacking Luis.

After another few minutes, it would then expand its range and start attacking the dozen humans scattered around the castle.

Then, in about a dozen more minutes, it would start attacking everything perceived as a threat.

Then, after an hour (during the full moon) it would expand further to the whole area of Nuevida.

Then, in two hours, to half the continent.

Then, in three hours, to all of Lath.

-------

[color=red]"....So, that's what we have to defeat, huh?"[/color] The vampire prince muttered to himself, staring up at the abomination called Elnherjar.

The huge room itself was in shambles - with neither a roof and missing three walls - as was the whole castle, but everything else still remained intact despite the imbalance. The fifth floor most of all. Though the throne room took up more than half of the fifth floor, the rest of it still had a mostly intact roof and was almost completely unscathed. It was potentially the safest place in all of Lath, since it was so close yet so... unnoticable.

The section on the other side of the 'chasm' looked more like a weird tower now under the moonlight of the full moon, nothing but a thick panel placed upon a pillar that went to the ground. Still, it remained stable, and didn't look as if it would wobble anytime soon. Without a doubt, the ancestors of the royal family who built this castle had been really dedicated to enchanting it with stability.

Walking to the west edge, he looked down to see a disrupted battlefield, which was probably true for the east and south as well...

Suddenly, a rain of red leaves rained down upon them, mostly concentrated on Luis.

Lyon darted back after stabbing Niasa, letting go of his blade as he did. When she managed to pull it out and toss it aside, he used the water that was back in his left hand again to reach out as a sort of whip and grab the blade, flicking it back to his hand. As he did, Niasa said something about Alsa being alive, before the ceiling collapsed on them. Reaching into the depths of his magic, he pulled as much water from around the place as he could, and brought it together as a small sphere that shielded both him and Niasa from the collapsing roof, causing them to still be buried under the rubble but shielded from it, before drawing the water together and throwing it out in an upwards thrust towards the rubble on top of them, pushing it away. Bringing the water back to him, he used it to push him up onto the top of the rubble, from where he could see through the hole in the roof, up to a monstrosity hovering above the castle, which then sent a group of vines plummeting to somewhere near the entrance to the hole. With more area available for him to draw water from, he pulled some more from the level above, wrapping it around his hands as he crouched, his arms fully extended with a basketball sized sphere of water around each, before pushing off the ground, and at the same time pushing the water into the ground to give him an extra boost, enough to shoot up to the current top floor, with a group of four people being attacked by the vines, and land on the other side of the hole to them.

Once the newly formed.... thing came out of the whole Luis stood up re-equiping his [url="http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/217/6/5/65d1b0cc49c77347da0d733a4cd237b0.jpg"]armor[/url]. Immediately he fell onto one knee, the armor really took a toll on him. Still Luis wasn't about to give up. As soon as he got up on both feet again Elnherjar unleashed its attack, like predicted the attack was mainly focused on him. Luis held his shield above him and concentrated his magic into to it. Light then started to engulf the shield, withing seconds the light started to spread tripling the area the shield covered. Which was enough to cover all of himself, still he ran away from the group. The attack was mostly focused on him so if the others weren't getting attacked they could come up with something. "I'm managing to survive, but still. I never expected everything to go exactly how I said." he said to himself.

Once he was a lengthy way away from the group he decided to attack. Like before his armor started to violently release blue energy form the wing portions. "Burst Mode!" He yelled as his armor propelled him to the tree. While flying up he herd a crash, as if something broke a wall. He decided to ignore it. He still held his shield in front of him blocking the leaves. As soon as he began to get close the tree's branched went on the defensive. So Luis went on the offensive, by holding his lance on front of him. The branches tried to grab him, but they just couldn't. So the tree had a different idea, it formed a wall of branches, almost 20 feet thick. Luis went through the first ten feet easily, but slowed down after. He was growing weaker by the second. Once he reached the last foot of branches Luis came to a complete stop. The blue energy stopped coming out of his armor. The branches grabbed the lance and took it away, throwing it randomly into the city. Luis was now falling, with nothing to stop his fall. To make it worse the branches smacked Luis down making him fall at a greater speed."I guess I just wasn't able to keep it distracted." He said before closing his eyes, ready to accept his fate.

And there he was the mighty Adrian awestruck by the epic luck win he had. Vampires wanted to come an congratulate him but they didn't have the time. Apparently some one human had come with words of healing. Of course everyone was a tad gun shy of humans at this point. The last one was a tad overbearing. Adrian couldn't believe his ears but he was in no position to turn down aid. So with his heart still pumping adrenaline through his veins he accepted Ed's help. He laid down on the ground and watched as his energy was being refreshed, his wounds were getting healed, his eyes were simply widening as he was truly being healed. His inner self was having a field day with this swordsmen half breed mut combination that he deigned to cross blades with earlier. When all was said and done he stood up and looked at himself healed and fine. The boy had even managed to give Adrian his swords back. Adrian could only blink at this...generosity.

Well this is quite unexpected he said out loud. The young one with his expressions of either arrogance or self-confidence were about to be tested. Adrian closed his eyes and for a second and turned his head side to side and when his eyes opened he was in battle mode again. Adrian made the first move and almost appeared beside Ed. This was nothing new though, many vampires could perform such simple feats and this wasn't even remotely close to Clarice's speed. Ed thinking he was being placated simply dodged the incoming slash that Adrian delivered. That slash unfortunately took out a guard who was trying to sneak up on the hybrid. Ed would watch as this fully armored guard was slashed in half effortlessly and it still managed to make a crater in the ground. It seems Adrian was completely serious about this battle. Adrian didn't seem to care (or notice) that he slashed some other creature. What he did notice was that he had some ammunition from some mid range attacks. The guards blood was shooting from the carcass, but it didn't touch the ground before Adrian decapitated it. Ed could only look with a combination of disgust and concern as Adrian looked into the eyes of his victim, blood spraying from the body and covering Adrian's exposed body.

Adrian started laughing as he tried to glean some meaning from the meat shields life, but he failed. There wasn't any meaning. There wasn't any meaning to any of these walking blood sacks. Adrian looked at this boy wondering if he could provide even a fraction of the entertainment that the demon he just slayed provided. He kicked the guards head at Ed with amazing force so much so that when Ed cut the skull in half as a natural reflex it made impacts in the ground before one could hear the bones shattering. Adrian looked around and found he was rather amused by the young ones moxy. With his telekentic powers he called forth his extra swords and just started attacking random non-participants in this battle. Ed was being surrounded by even more death and destruction. For this was Adrian's way. The way of the truly insane. Adrian just laughed maniacally as rebel soldiers and servants of Elenaer were being chopped up and their body parts being thrown at Ed like a macabre and bloody dodgeball.

For what's its worth Ed was doing a good job surviving in this awkward situation. He may not have had any training for this particular event but dodging is almost universal. It was commendable how the bloody screams of everyone who was still conscious and Adrain's laughter did not throw him off his game. Though the fight was just getting started. When Adrian grew bored of the vampire bullets he went back to engage young Ed. This time with a much better gauge of Adrian's strength Ed was ready to combat this evil. Or so he thought. After what seemed to be countless back and forth slashes Adrian seemed to stop smiling. His face was now one of intrigue, as if someone just asked him a very difficult question that he really didn't know the answer to. Adrian decided to ask this boy and see if this would help alleviate the murkiness inside his head. "Why are you not moving? Or how are you this slow?" It was natural for Ed not to understand what his supposed rival swordsmen vampire was thinking, so Adrian gave him an example. It happened in almost a flash. Ed went to slash at Adrian and Adrian non-chalantly dodged and repeatedly punched the boy in the face. Causing blood to gush out from his nose. Adrian followed up with a kick to the boys kidneys and roundhouse kick to the boys right shoulder. For the next solid minute Ed couldn't even fathom touching Adrian without getting a complete beating. With an over confident snicker Adrian shrugged "See what I mean."

Adrian's unnatural reflexes are actually very explainable. Ed simply has Clarice to thank for his this one-sided fight. Adrian and Clarice's fight pushed both of them beyond their natural limits. For Adrian it pushed his eyesight to a new level. Where he was once able to see up to a little slower than Mach 1 comfortably he can now comfortably see at the speeds of Mach 3. Unfortunately for Ed who cannot move at insane speeds, Adrian will see him as a stand still. Adrian, whose body is still in "kill-that-black-demon" mode, can only move at an extreme and intense speed. So far Ed has not risen to the occasion. Hopefully his vampiric blood will kick in and surprise him. Adrian just tilted his head and waited for Ed to do something special.

Unfortunately this fight was going to take a brief pause as Ed and Adrian's attention was shifted upwards as a massive tree demon rose from the castle throne room. Adrian could only look in what would best be described as awe. "Oh my God, its a God!" He knew it was Elenaer, though he might have been in on the entire Elven experimentation he knew this feeling of automatic loss. Sadly though he didn't recognize murderous intent. It didn't bare malice of forethought more like it...was an "it." [i]Who was Elenaer facing that made him become that? [/i]the vampire thought. He looked down only to entertain a brief yet amusing thought. [i]I wonder if I could kill it? I just killed a demon...how much different is that from a God? [/i]He smirked and shrugged off the thought. Unfortunately the Tree Deity had made fighting outside rather dangerous. So both he and Ed ran inside the castle to continue their fight and they didn't take there eyes off each other for a second.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep down in the shadow of the moat, dangling over the coursing waves of poisonous waters yet not touching them, is a body. With sword still gripped firm in hand yet no life seems to be in her eyes Clarice lays on an obscure bed of rocks mere feet above the deadly water. She has no energy, she has no speed, she technically has no strength, but what she does have plenty of is will. And where there is a will there is a way. With the words of her mothers resonating in her head she managed to painfully make herself stand-up feeling that the hard was now over she looked up and realized that she couldn't see the top or where she fell from. Why would that stop her in this instance. She did the only thing she knew she could do. She opened a ripple beneath her feet and she simply looked upward as from beneath her feet a massive sword belonging to a statue was slowly bringing itself into the world and Clarice was riding it to the top.

Vampire loyal to the forces of Elenear were in the courtyard and they would only witness horror after horror. First black death and Adrian, then just Adrian, now this thing that Elenear will indiscriminately kill all life. Hope seemed to be lost but as an act of symbolism one red headed soldier with unhealthily large breast would witness the rise of the fallen from beyond the moat. The young lady just fell down in tears as it was true. Adrian was fighting Satan...and who would think that Satan was a woman? This young red head could see thought that Satan was not well though and something was a bit off. Clarice was staggering but that didn't matter she would kill the Vampire who did this. She was simply approaching the red headed maiden with a need to kill something. Till she tripped on rubble and face planted on the ground and lied there some seconds. For the red head time stopped as she was just about to make the most crucial decision of her life.

She wondered if she was able to kill the beast what would happen. Would she gain fame and notoriety. Then she had a harsh realization. She was working for people...if they could be called that...who cared nothing for her. Adrian is psychotic and her king is...well something else. She wanted them all dead and she cursed them internally for taking away her innocence, making her see such gruesome events under the guise of war. But if she couldn't hold a candle to these two monsters she definitely knew one person who could. She put her hands over Clarice's conscious yet motionless body and went to work healing it.

Clarice could feel her essence being restored. Like Adrian before she could not understand what was happening but she was restored and she gazed at her savior. She could see the fear of the red head but she could sense the rage this other woman felt. And as women they synced completely she was off to get bloody vengeance. Clarice stood up straight and so did the red head they only nodded at each other as Clarice seemed to disappear from sight. The red head retreated from the castle. Her work for women kind was done. Clarice made her way and found her scythe that she had dropped accidentally. Time to do some reaping!

"Sir Feredir, I have a plan." Alexi stated as the eldritch monstrosity that was Elnherjar emerged from the hole into which it had been put. The beast of iron could quite literally feel the mana pulsing through the tree, and noticing that his original idea was joined by two more which were equally likely to do some very serious damage to the wooden monstrosity. "It would be fair, I think, to say that a death sigil akin to that," he pointed to the one carved into the stones of the floor, "could be used to monstrous effect upon this particular monstrosity. However I do have some other ideas that could work. As you know, any spell cast becomes more and more unstable as there is more and more mana charged into it. This being the case, all we'd need is to work out some way to break the concentration of whatever consciousness is still dictating the growth of that tree, granted that's many times easier said than done given the nature of this thing but I think we can pull it off." He turned his artificial glass-green eyes away from the Elf and back up to the entity that was steadily growing larger and stronger there in the skies above. This was truly a marvel, given that it was quite literally the furthest that any transformation spell had ever gone after control was lost of it. He almost felt a need to maintain the integrity of the specimen for the purposes of science. Almost.

He soon crouched down, and a moment afterwards he felt his wings erupt from the backs of his shoulders whilst they pointed straight up into the air and readied themselves to hurl into the air. Then it was that the monstrosity unleashed its rain of bladed leaves down into what was left of the throne room, and he was forced to curl his wings over himself to protect from the worst of the barrage. Then it was broken off as Luis sent himself hurtling into the air, and Alexi got the feeling that he should hurry up and get into the air to help him.

"Alternatively, to the end of creating a massive magic feedback event, we could produce a sigil of sorts to turn the creature's mana back in upon itself. Eventually that particular sigil would produce such a reverse flow of energies that it should, well, exceed the ability of the wood to contain it and when that happens...well when THIS much mana is involved I think its safe to say that you'd rather be fighting The Phoenix than be caught in the blast." His eyes were on Luis as the armored fellow made his way further and further up into the air to take the fight to Elnherjar. There was no way that the fellow was going to keep himself airborne for long, and that meant that there was little time for him to finish planning.

"Finally, I must introduce this plan by stating that it would be fair to say I am subject to my own transformation spell." As Alexi said this, he once more crouched and lifted his wings to the sky in preparation for flight. "I believe, given the enhanced magical conductivity of my body, that we could turn the energies which Elnaer has channeled to transform himself into me. I think the intent of this one is obvious...and we're going to have to decide on the course of action when I get back to the ground." He had noticed as Luis was losing velocity in his flight upwards, and meaning to give the human aid he launched himself into the air with all of hi strength.

The armored semi-draconic being was now hurtling into the air and gaining speed with every beat of his wings, and he could not have timed his arrival better for Luis had begun to fall. Intentionally slowing his ascent, Alexi moved himself into the path of his compatriot and made certain to catch his armored form as he fell. Not giving Elnherjar the chance to attack the both of them, he began hurtling through the air all the while considering his plan. While becoming a full-sized dragon was certainly appealing to him, there were more than a few potential consequences to that which he wasn't exactly willing to risk. The most obvious one of those being how likely it was he wouldn't be able to change back, and so he managed to work it down to two plans. He took advantage of his time there in the air, swirling to the left and right as he made to dodge barrage after barrage of steel-hard red leaves which attempted to knock him out of the air, to get a good look at the tree and noticed that, were he able to get past the red-leafed branches, he could easily grip onto the trunk and get to work with a sigil. Still, he needed to get Luis back to the ground and thus dove towards the ground to get his compatriot to the safety of terra firma. Once he'd reached the ground he dropped Luis onto his feet and hovered there for a moment. "Personally, I think the death sigil is going to be our best bet."

The vampire prince stared up at Elnherjar, at the monstrous plant-tree-thing that he couldn't quite completely describe in words, and for a moment his body shook. They had to fight that?! But then his attention was caught when an unfamiliar vampire - who wasn't a royal guard yet apparently had ice-elemental magical powers and was thus some royal - appeared nearby, landing on the other side of the chasm and having apparently thrown himself dozens of stories into the air.

Then Luis transformed into yet another set of armor and flew up into the air to battle and distract the abomination, succeeding somewhat, but he couldn't possibly handle it for long. While he did, Alexi relayed to them his combat plan, Alsa agreeing with the death sigil one as the other two were too risky, before heading off to save the brave human who had just barely scraped by the darkness of death. He wasn't sure if the human would be able to continue fighting, but at least he would live.

[color=red]"You heard what he said, right?"[/color] Alsa asked, turning to the nearby newcomer on the other side (Lyon). [color=red]"We need to defeat that thing, for the sake of Lath. So aid us in breaking the concentration of its... consciousness."[/color]

Afterwards, he turned back up to Elnherjar, and energy orbs began to materialize in both of his hands. This thing was no longer his brother. There was no need to hesitate.

----------

Lyon had managed to save her life, but the wound was still there, and it was deep. Bleeding badly. Yet despite this, she forced herself to climb out, and saw the monster tree floating above in the light of the full moon. Niasa didn't have to think twice about it; this was definitely her brother, or at least what was left of him. This was what Azami had warned her about, this monstrosity that he had transformed into. No doubt all for the sake of obliterating all humans.

But, this was in the middle of the vampire city. There were hardly any humans here at all, less than fifty, while thousands were still outside of Nuevida's area, in hiding from the kill-on-sight order than all vampires had. What was the point in transforming here? She didn't understand.

[color=#ee82ee]"U- ugh..."[/color]

[color=maroon]"PRINCESS!!!"[/color] A familiar voice called out.

As she continued to stumble along, Aro appeared near the right to help support her stand, having survived the collapse on his own. Near him was Commander Ptonemely, leader of the royal guards.

[color=maroon]"My lady, you're severely wounded. If you're not given the proper treatment, you could die..."[/color] Ptonemely told her in a grave tone. [color=maroon]"But I'm afraid all the civilians have evacuated far from the castle...not only that, but I'm not a doctor, and neither are any of the other doctors here...!!!"[/color]

[color=#ee82ee]"...A woman called [i]Doctor[/i] Yamada is nearby.[/color]..[color=#ee82ee]" [/color]The vampire princess replied, wincing in pain. [color=#ee82ee]"Find her..."[/color]

[color=maroon]"Azami Yamada, you mean...?"[/color] He blinked in confusion, before looking around.

Sure enough, there she was. The famous century-old doctor who had gone missing in the past few years, watching the battle against Elnherjar complacently without worry, expressionless. Not wasting any time, he left Niasa in Aro's hands for the moment as he ran off to have her help and treat the vital wound.

-----------

Elnherjar had been about to target the other remaining humans in the vacancy - around thirty-five or so - when the particular human from earlier had apparently survived its attack and launched his own assault.

After a while of focusing its branches towards him and defending, it took the opportunity to snatch away his lance and throw it out far away, remembering the pain it had delivered only ten minutes ago.

The human powerless, it attempted to destroy him utterly, but then the human was dragged back down to the ground by a mysterious lifeform it couldn't identity.

So, Elnherjar expanded its range, and tons of sharp red leaves were suddenly shot lower to the ground, aimed at the thirtysome humans it could detect there, while another wave was shot straight below, again focused upon Luis but also upon Alexi this time around.

Lyon saw the young vampire come over and talk to him, before preparing to attack it again. "I agree that breaking it's consciousness may be our best option right now, but that death sigil may well be the best way to put it down permanently. If this is anything like a normal tree, breaking those roots should be the key to breaking its source of power, so that would probably be the best place to strike at. In any case, I'll see what damage I can do up there." That done, he saw the vampire turn back towards the tree, calling some source of energy into his hands as he did, similar to the way Niasa had manipulated her shield earlier. [i]A vampire, not of the Royal Guard who can use magic, as far as I know, Elnaer, Niasa, Alsa and myself were the only vampires with magic who weren't part of it. I wounded Niasa below, possibly even killed her, and the thing we're fighting here is what remains of the being who called himself Elnaer, so the only possibility is Alsa. She really was telling the truth, Alsa is alive. He may just be my way out of having to rule the vampires.[/i]

Bringing his mind back to the battle at hand, he brought together as much water from the air around him and, using the same trick as before, shot it into the ground as he jumped, propelling him way up into the air towards the giant tree. Not quite reaching it though, he called the water from below up to him and used it as a whip, catching one of the lowest branches and using it to propel himself up further into the mass of branches. As he started to make his way up, several of them curled around him, only to get sliced by several thin lines of water that were around him, while the thickest of them flew up further and used another branch to keep his upward motion going.

As soon as Luis was placed on the ground he fell onto one knee. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do much anymore." He then fell flat on the floor. His armor disappearing soon after. Luis was still conscious, but his body just wouldn't move. It was too weak, but it was only natural after all the magic he used. "I'm... I'm sorry. Arael." He said to himself before closing his eyes. That's when more of the red leaves began to rain down again, this time though it wasn't only focused on Luis, but on all the humans around the castle. This looked like the end for Luis, he did a lot though. Surviving a fight like this was far beyond what most humans could have accomplished. Probably far more than what his comrades expected as well.

"Nooo!" A [url="http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/098/e/f/mother_by_naimane-d4vgb4a.png"]vampire woman[/url] ran into the scene, putting her body over Luis'.Her face was right above his. "You can't die yet!" She said crying. Her tears were falling onto Luis' face. "You promised that you would come back to me! Please don't die!" She screamed the last line at the top of her lungs. A dark purple light shined from both of them, it was bright enough to not allow people to see both of them.

***Nightmare***

Luis awoke, only to realize that he was only unconscious for a few seconds. He felt like he hadn't even used any magic. So he switched back to his armor. The leaves were only a few seconds away from the group. He focused his magic into his shield to expand the area it covered. A smile appeared on his face as he realized that he was blocking it. That smile would soon disappear though, as he saw that none of his comrades could block the attack. So he rushed to Alsa's aid, covering him with his shield. "Don't worry you'll be-" His sentence was cut short as a single leaf pierced his shield and went through Alsa's skull. Luis' eyes shot wide open as he witnessed the death of a comrade. "No...no... please no." Luis said as he held the lifeless body. He looked up only to see Feredir get pierced by many leaves.

Luis ran to Feredir, only to hear his last word. "R...ru...run." Luis couldn't hold back his emotion any longer. Tears began to drip down his face. "Why, why?" He said with his eyes closed. "Why couldn't I stay unconscious. Did I really have to see all this. All this death." Luis opened his eyes only to see the body of Alexi drop from the sky. His eyes were lifeless, his body was full of holes were the branches pierced him. There was only one thing Luis could do now, run. He needed to find Arael and her daughter. He needed to at least keep them safe.

So Luis used his armor to fly from the castle. It only took him around a minutes of flying to reach the house. He landed at the front door. Everything seemed calm, as if nothing has happened. He open the door, there he saw Arael and her daughter hiding on a corner. She looked up and saw Luis, so she ran toward him to give him a hug. Only a few steps away from Luis a branch pierced the roof, stabbing Arael through the chest. "No. This can't be." Luis said in shock. "Capella!" He said as he looked at the daughter. He rushed to her and picked her up. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe." He said as he flew out of the building. There was only one way he could go at this point. Away from the tree. With Capella in his hands he flew at his top speed away from the tree. After about an hour of flying he stopped near a cave. "We can rest here." he told Capella. He then knelt and looked into Capella's eyes. "Look, I know I couldn't protect you mother, but I will protect you. So don't-"

"No-" he said as he felt a sharp pain at his side. Capella's eyes grew lifeless. Luis looked down at her chest only to see a branch piercing her chest and his right side. He broke the branch and carried Capella's dead body out of the cave. From there he flew with her at his arms. "Don't worry. I'll protect you." he said with tears in his eyes. "I'll... I'll keep you safe."

--7 days later---

Luis stood in front of a mound of dirt. A tombstone that he made himself was at other side of the mound, well grave actually. There was four other graves just like it, two on each side. He had a sad look on his face, tears running down it. "I'm sorry." he said before walking off. Up in the the sun was high in the sky, but it was joined by another object. An upside down tree, the one that took the life of everything on this planet. Everything, but Luis. It's as if the tree wanted him to suffer.

--20 years later--

Luis again was standing at the edge of the mound of dirt. The tombstone wasn't covered in anything like one would expect. There was no life on this planet anymore. The only thing left was the tree and Luis. He sat down and began to talk. "Pain...pain is all I have felt the past years. I can't even kill myself to end my suffering. I've jumped off cliffs, drowned myself, set myself on fire, but nothing. I just wake up here every time. I just can't die. It's as if the universe wants to see me suffer. I bet you're wondering why I'm not crying anymore aren't ya. Well I ran out of tears a few years back. I haven't been able to cry since."

--100 years later--

Like all the times before Luis stood over the grave. By now he was a fragile old man. It looked as if he was ready to break any second. "I don't even know how old I am anymore. I lost track of time long ago. The only thing I have left is the feelings for all of you. The suffering I feel from missing you guys. I don't know how long I can tak-" He was cut short as a purple light started to come from the middle grave, the one he was in front of. The light then began to show an image of Alsa, Feredir, and Alexi fighting. "How?" Luis questioned. The light then showed an image of Capella(the daughter) hiding in a closet. "This can't be." Luis said, tears falling from his eyes. The purple light still had one more image to show. It showed Arael on top of his young body, crying her heart out. "Arael, you're, you're alive." Luis reached for the light, which then consumed his body. He left the world that made him suffer, leaving only 5 tombstones there. They read:

Alexi: The creature with a kind heart.
Feredir: The wisest of all.
Arael: The woman that could love a fool.
Capella: The child full of innocence.
Alsa: The peace bringer.

**Nightmare over**

The purple light only lasted for about a second after it consumed the two. It quickly dimmed to reveal Luis carrying Arael's unconscious body. The leaves that rained down on them couldn't even come close the the two of them. It was as if an invisible barrier was protecting them. Luis was back in his armor, and looked as if he didn't get into a fight to begin with. "Thank you. Because of what I saw I know that I can't allow us to lose." He told the unconscious Arael. He then looked at Alsa who was right next to him. "I'll be right back, I have to get her to safety. Be safe for now." With that he shot up and into the direction of her house.

Feredir sighed to himself and looked up at the monstrosity that had originated from Elnaer. Such a mad-man, worse than any Lath had seen before. Sure, the Elven folk had once had their share of insanity and animosity between citizens, but nothing to this scale. To become such a creature as this; there had to be no doubt, no fear, no regrets. Elnaer had truely wished the destruction of all humans, and now it had resulted in this creation. Was Elnaer still alive, he would most likely have laughed with glee at the sight he had wrought. But he had sacrificed his life for this cause of his, so that his own energy might become this being of hatred and anger that floated above them now.

It would be a difficult fight, to say the least. There were few methods of taking down such a creation as this, and all of them were dangerous, difficult and deadly; three Ds that were unwanted in any plan. Alexi highlight some of the possibilities they could take, ones that would probably be the easiest of all that they could do, but each was dangerous and nigh impossible. It would be easier to give up, but of course, these were the main protagonists. Main protagonists dont give up. And Main protagonists always get some miracle near the end of the battle. Maybe that would happen today.

Feredir listened to the good doctor's plans, each clever in and of itself, and as the winged machine that housed his conciousness flew off, Feredir stood back and judged each of the plans, weighing them up in his mind:

-To break its concentration seemed like an impossible task. Feredir doubted the beast was even sentient any more, so while it was perhaps the safest way of defeating the monstrosity, it was probably the most difficult.
-A sigil to draw its mana and turn it in upon itself would probably be one of the easiest to perform. Said spell was not exceptionally difficult to cast, and with two of the greatests minds on the planet on their side, each with possibly the greatest knowledge on magic at the current time, it would be simple enough to perform. But the explosion that would be caused by such a spell would cause destruction and devastation for miles around; Nuevida and all its citizens would be roasted alive, along with almost everything within vision.
-To channel the beast's life into the body of Alexi would also be a rather simple one to perform, especially with the magical conductivity of Alexi's new body. But it would almost certainly sacrifice the life of the doctor, something Feredir would not tolerate. Not after all the death that had already come. And not after finding this man, this genius, who he could relate to. Who was Feredir's equal, something that he had not expected from a world without Elves.

And the last of all was a Death Sigil. A difficult spell, taking quite a bit of preperation. But it would cause fewer casualities, would require no sacrifices, and was much easier than breaking its concentration. T'was probably the best plan they had so far.

As Alexi avoided the tree's initial wave of leaves, catching Luis in to save him, the tree seemed to respond with anger. The Metallic dragon dropped towards the ground, but the tree was quicker to react. A rain of leaves escaped from the tree, much larger than any before them. A whole batch swarmed towards Luis and Alexi, but Luis seemed to have that sorted out, managing to deflect them all with some new found power. Another swarm, however, made its way over to a group of human soldiers in the courtyard, helping their own wounded and escaping from the line of fire. But there was no way they would make it in time.

And so, of course, it was up to Feredir. He gave a quick look of apology to Alsa, and shouted "The Death Sigil's our best shot at the moment." To Alexi, before jumping out of the Broken throne room, out of one of the smashed windows, and fell to the ground below. He couldn't perform magic enough to save all them human's from the distance of the throne room, but he sure as hell could race the leaves to the humans to save them.

As he approached the ground, he used magic to cushion his fall, landing graciously before dashing off again, running at a speed matched by only very fast vampires (and, of course, the lightning fast Clarice, who no-one would ever match), and appearing before the squad of humans just before the Leaves made impact, shouting a few words in the elven tongue that was indecipherable to humans, and all of the leaves stopped in mid-air. As if Feredir had commanded them to merely paused. He only needed to say a second word before they swarmed back towards the tree, no doubt injuring it a little and dragging its attention to himself.

Archived