Legend Blood [FINISHED, please lock/PG-13/IC] *remake*

Merci

When the three awoke, they didn't say anything, instead Arael stood up and walked to her room. Capella followed. Luis on the other hand just sat on the couch, pondering about what just happened. He has never had anyone special, not even his parents, so what made her so special. Was it fate that brought them together, were they destined to be together and this is just how their story is unraveling? Whatever it was, Luis was the happiest he has ever been in his life, so his only option now was to protect that happiness. He went to Arael's room, where Capella was crying, do to finding out about her father. Arael quickly got out of the room and closed the room behind her, leaving Capella crying inside.

"I'm sorry you have to see that." Arael said to Luis. "But she is taking the news really hard."

"Any kid would feel that way." Luis responded. "It's only natural."

"I also told her something else." She paused for a brief moment. "I told her that you are new father. I know that it wasn't right of me to tell her, but a smile appeared on her face for a little when I told her."

"It's okay... I guess." Luis scratched the back of his head. "Anyways I need to tell you something. I'm going to fight Elnaer."

"What! Are you stupid. You're going to get yourself killed. He the most powerful vampire, there's no way that you can beat him."

"The thing is, I was a mercenary before, assassinations were my specialties. There is no need to fight him, I promise I will be alright." With that Luis left the house and decided to stake out the castle. He watched for the movements of the guards, entrances, escape point, etc. He was preparing to assassinate Elnaer. Although he didn't know it yet, he now became a warrior of the humans, who were going to attack the castle that same day.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adrian sighed and leapt away from Ed as his blade pierced flesh, satisfied at the blood now gathering on his steel. He flicked his sword to the side, cleaning most of the blood of instantly, before lifting the sword to his lips and tasting the blood on the blade. Instantly he spat it out, disgusted at the taste. "You're a hybrid." He muttered, flicking the rest of the blood to the ground, glaring at it with disdain. "That disgusting taste in your blood, the mixing of prey and predator. It's revolting."

He then looked back at his sword, unstained and reflecting the sunlight brilliantly. "I never said that my weapons were anything less than incredible. I merely stated that a good swordsman is not needing of such fine weapons." Adrian added, looking back at Ed with a noticable lack of insanity. The cruel, almost humourous grin was replaced with darkness and evil, and aggression seemed to emanate from him like a vapour.

The instinctual ice attack didn't faze him. Adrian merely sidestepped out of the way, gaining a small scratch on his right arm. He then moved his sword over to his left hand, drawing a second blade with his right. "You're an abomination, Hybrid. You shouldn't exist, and your kind shall be purged." Adrian cried, before dashing forward once again, slicing both blades down onto Ed's ready blade, the loud clang of steel echoing throughout the area, waking people from their sleep.

They fought for a few hours, neither getting any headway. Neither was going full out either, for Adrian had not drawn any more blades, and Ed had no re-used his Ice powers. The limits to their strengths were still unknown to their opponent, and despite the large crowd they had gathered, they weren't going to put on that much of a show. Even the occasional guard now littered the battle ground, stopping any citizens from getting caught in the mix. The clash of steel still echoed through the local area, and the fight was still even, even when a group of Royal Guards entered the fray, seperating Adrian from his target.

"Move, peons." Adrian called, attacking one of the group. His strike was blocked easily, being a simple swipe, but the strength behind it was incredible, and the Guard was nearly catapulted out of the way when the group's leader interfered. Obviously no more than small fry to Adrian, and despite the high prestige the guard held, and the obvious feeling of self-importance that he gave out, he wavered under Adrian's cold gaze, beads of sweat collecting on his initially confident face.

"You are to go to...you are to....go. Now." He ordered, his voice shaking and becoming weaker as he continued, though he retained his posture. Adrian merely shook his head and raised his sword again, but the guard insisted, and drew a sword. Scoffing, Adrian batted it aside, but then sheathed his blades, turning his gaze towards Ed, who was now surrounded by Guards.

"Kill the Vermin. And do it quick, before I have your head for interrupting my fight." Adrian muttered as his sword made a satisfying 'clunk' to say that it had been properly placed in its sheath. He didn't turn as he walked back to the castle, aiming himself for Elnaer's chambers. The royal Guards had no right to interrupt his fight, no matter what kind of commotion they had been making.

The Captain of this squad merely shook his head at the back of the Prison head, wiping sweat of his forehead as he turned around. "To have fought him for this long, you must be impressive. But we are the royal guard, and magical blood flows through our veins." The captain stated, confidence returning to his voice. He raised his sword arm to Ed, then raised his other arm, in which was a small collection of pebbles, floating in a circle. "Attack!" He commanded to his subordinates, as the pebbles flew out of his hands towards Ed.

[color=darkred]"When will that Kaname get here?"[/color] Lord Elnaer asked himself, with a slightly annoyed tone.

Once again, he took a glance around the throne room. It was actually a cathedral in its own right, it was large enough to be mistaken for one, and if anyone were to be brought in here blindfolded, they would probably believe that they were in a separate building, and not merely a throne room within a castle that towered over all of the capital city of Nuevida. But it had also become a forest, the floor having become a total blood-red grassland.

By him, several talented vampire scientists stood. None of them were as talented as Kaname or Maria, but at the moment they were sufficient, writing on a provided chalkboard, and occasionally poking the body of the dead hybrid Glan, who was not unlike the hybrid Adrian had earlier thought. The corpse lay on the grass, completely stripped, and they were all studying its body. Obviously, they were trying to figure out a calculation to separate the 'human' and 'vampire' sides. From there, they would scale the 'vampire' side to match Elnaer's own body, whose measurements he had already provided, and replace what should be 'human' with...something else...

This would've been a lot easier to solve if Kaname had been here. Elnaer knew all about his 'pet' Shanna, the human-shark hybrid. Therefore, Kaname was the one vampire with the most knowledge on humans as well as artificial hybridization overall, having been the only person in all of time to have achieved it. At the moment, Elnaar still waited for him, though the equation could probably be solved by this pathetic group of scientists if they were given another five or six hours.

In the Vampire Lord's hand, he held the wooden bow of Feredir, slightly blackened by the corruption of the 'artificial' forest around it.

[color=darkred]"Hurry up."[/color] He snarled at the scientists nevertheless.

They had to hurry, for the full moon was very near. It was upon them, but not yet visible. In about an hour, it would be visible, but he had to wait until midnight to feel its whole effect. ..and in the worst case scenario that the scientists failed to solve the equation in time, he would have to call Adrian here and test his supposed [i]'belief'[/i] that he was descended from the dark elves, thereby requiring his life to be sacrificed. Dark elves weren't what he needed, as he needed wood elves, but hopefully it would all be enough for him to achieve that power; the one allowing him to destroy all of mankind without harming vampirekind...too much.

The discussion between the present members of the soon-to-be assaulting force had ended some time ago, and now most of those present were handling the superfluous time by going over what part they would be playing in the attack. Once the plan had been made, Alexi had spent time breaking the members of the rebellion into teams of ten and assigning them to one of the locations marked on the map and the routes that they would need to take into the palace. Now, though, Alexi's powerful mind was left to work on almost nothing. He knew that he would be handling Kaname if he happened to be present on the field of battle, and furthermore that he had no real idea as to what sort of equipment either technological or magical that his colleague was in possession of. Truthfully he didn't expect there to be a fight, but if there was he had no real way to prepare. Thus he had nothing to occupy his thoughts other than the growing boredom of sitting there on a crate and waiting.

He knew full well that there was a possibility of Elnaer already knowing about the rebellion and its planned attack, particularly after Lyon had made it clear that Kaname (still technically a rogue element) had been present at the camp only the previous day. This being the case, every moment they stayed there was a moment that could have been spent making sure there was no chance of the attack falling apart due to a prepared defense. Furthermore, with Clarice having looted one of the palace armories it was all the more likely that the guard would be on edge and preparing just in case there were to be something happening that night.

"If we have to wait much longer I'll fly out there and break down the castle door myself!" He spoke a bit more loudly, and showed more irritation, than he had intended to but his point was still made by his voice reverberating throughout the warehouse in which they were gathered. "All the time we've spent preparing could be set to mean absolutely NOTHING if we fail to act quickly enough. With an armory looted the captain of the palace guard is sure to be on edge, and if what our friend here said about encountering Kaname near your camp is correct then Elnaer could well know an attack is coming. They could be preparing the defenses of the palace right now for all we know! Army or no army, this suicide mission will be more successful the sooner we attack!" He hadn't noticed himself standing up, but he had. All around there were more than a few nods of agreement with him from the ranks of those he had brought, and he suspected he was not the only one of the "major players" to think as he did.

"We need to move now if we're going to move at all!"

John sighed at Alexi's attitude, as well as those of the others. By now, almost all of his human forces had arrived, and their total amount of men (and woman) was now at around 350. It was an unnecessary wait, but he was determined to wait until every single person had arrived. And now, they were waiting on no less than five humans. Well, four humans and a Lord of Chaos. Who knows what happened to that crazed-out maniac? One of the people were waiting on was Ed, another talented combatant of theirs who had disappeared but was surely safe. The others were just three lone human soldiers, who had gone off in a group. Hopefully, nothing bad had happened to any of them.

Yes. The Phoenix was still postponing the whole rebellion, the whole last stand of the humans, the last hope in all of Lath...for no less than five people.

"A little longer." He told Alexi, and took a glance at the clock, which said [b]eight o'clock.[/b] Its hands ticked and counted to 45 seconds every minute. "Give the rest a few hours longer to arrive. You will find Ed a good asset to our overall victory once you see him in battle. Besides, one man can make the difference in a battlefield, let alone three."

The moonlight shone in from the window, revealing the full moon that had by then risen.

--------------------------

An ominous pale moon, complete in the night sky for but one night out of three hundred and sixty-five days. The moon that had, according to a really old legend, been created when a human-elven hybrid sacrificed his life to save the world after his foolish actions had damaged it. A hybrid of unfathomable, unimaginable power, uncomparable to anyone else.

[color=red]"You know, Sir Feredir..."[/color] Alsa began, staring up at the full moon. [color=red]"You mentioned that the moon's cycle only took a month back in your time. But in this time and millennium, it takes an entirety of two years. That would mean only two things. Either one; the moon slowed down over time, or two; it's a different moon. I wonder if there's more to that human-elven hybrid story...?"[/color]

He spoke the same way he told his stories, both fairytales and real-life ones, but this time he was merely contemplating his thoughts out loud.

[color=red]"There's this theory some of our vampire scientists devised once."[/color] He said. [color=red]"Well, a moon this large would usually need to be really far away so it could cycle around Lath, no matter what the conditions, so far away we can't see it no matter how big it is. That is, unless either Lath is really really dense - which it isn't - or the moon is as light as a gigantic balloon."[/color]

Suddenly, he took a leap forward towards the lake- and his feet floated on top of them. He was now walking on water, apparently enough. It had become quickly apparent that Alsa von Mira possessed an amazingly unnatural affinity with magic itself, allowing him to have improved ridiculously in the space of but one night. Of course, if he ever engaged in a fight with someone as talented as Feredir or John, he would still lose badly. Had Elnaer and Alsa somehow switched shoes early on in their lives, mankind may have already become extinct.

[color=red]"I think the moon really is as light as a balloon, not the heavy celestial rock we all thought it was."[/color] He stated as matter of fact. [color=red]"If the legend is true, if the hybrid really did replace the moon, then that would explain everything. The reason why our moon is so light yet so slow is because the only thing the hybrid had expanded was his size...and not his weight."[/color]

That said, he turned to look at a pathway in a forest not too far away, the pathway that led back into the area surrounding Nuevida. It would take them around an hour to reenter the secret entrance. It shouldn't take too much trouble for Feredir to protect them from the poisonous gases Iron Dragon had unleashed. And from there, his brother would have to fall. It was a decision already made.

[color=#000000]Eventually, Kaname had found the restaurant that Niasa was supposedly taking to hiding in, and headed inside, taking a seat. No doubt he'd stand out in the marine suit that he'd decided to wear right out of the blue, but it wasn't as if he needed it to do. After all, Kaname was among the most [i]famous[/i] of scientists.

Still, he contemplated. He was quite [i]literally[/i] stuck in the middle of this battle, having neither side as his ally. There was no point going into the fray like that.

Meanwhile, Shanna had [i]finally[/i] managed to find Glan... only to see that he was already dead, and studied by scientists under the orders of Elnaer. Surprisingly, Kaname wasn't among these scientists; but then again, if he [i]was[/i], the scientists would've figured out what they were trying to achieve [i]ages[/i] ago.

Jumping to the conclusion that Kaname already decided [i]against[/i] working for Elnaer, Shanna rushed out of the castle and [i]immediately[/i] set forth trying to find John and the others. She didn't know where they were, but she [i]had[/i] to find them, and warn them about what the high lord was up to...[/color]

"Interesting Hypothesis, young one." Feredir nodded, moving from his sitting position with much more vigor than he had sat in it. His face had lost many years, and his eyes were bright again. As he stared at the moon, he smiled a little before looking back at the ground and his new bow; no enchantments, merely a bow. But a fine bow at that; finer than most human bows would be capable of. He shrugged and moved his hand over it and the 15 arrows that had grown beside it, and instantly they huddled around each other, and the ground beneath then curled around them, compressing itself into a quiver shape. Feredir then proceeded to pick up this makeshift quiver, tossing it over his right shoulder before turning to the lake, watching his Student's progress.

"You are a fine sorceror. Even among elves would I struggle to find one with such talent as yours." Feredir complimented, walking next to Alsa on the water's surface. "Beware though; you have had but one night's training, and your magic is slightly stronger in this clearing than it is in the outside world. Calm your mind before we go into battle; neither over or under confidence will do you any good in this battle." He added, offering his wisdom as they looked to the sky. The boy was sharp as well; even Feredir hadn't noticed anything odd about the moon, despite it being much paler and larger than he remembered. Should he survive the coming war, he'd make a fine king.

But they would have to depose the current tyrant first, were they to ever succeed in anything else. And for that they needed to get to the castle, and quick. A full moon had rarely been a good omen in the old days, and its rarity in the current era made Feredir even more nervous.

"We should be going now." Feredir stated, turning and walking towards the edge of the lake. "I have a feeling that Elnaer is stronger than ever now. Even at my current strength, I may not be able to defeat him. Let us go before he grows any stronger, and hope that we have some allies within the city walls; let us look for Iron." He suggested, moving towards the forest. A small, glowing orb, like that Alsa had summoned in the jail, appeared over Feredir's head, lighting the path back to the castle.

[color=#ff8c00]Well I'm bored, I'll be going to sleep till something happens[/color] Clarice said as she laid her head on the laps of one female soldiers. In all honesty she was quite bored. This waiting around for the sake of waiting around was stupid to say the least. And what was John's reason when asked? To wait on some dead half breed swordsmen brat that is probably dead. Clarice in her trying to sleep state was perplexed about the concept of hybrids though it wouldn't be too unheard of to fall in love with a vampire. Its just how would they taste or how would they react if they ate a vampire? Such possibilities. [color=#ff8c00][i]Nevertheless hopefully one of two things will end up happening. One this raid, assault, teaparty or whatever it is will actually happen and a large amount of vampires will be killed. Or shark girl has already snitched on the gang and while we "wait" for no important reason they have amassed an army and are one their way here. In that case a large amount of vampires will be killed. Hmmm win-win scenario if it wasn't for the vampire king. [/i][/color]

Niasa sat at the seat to her both, when Kaname walked in and toke a seat in a both, with a rather... interesting choice of garb. Quickly Niasa walked over and sat herself down at his table. It was a wonder nobody had recognized her yet, then again she really only made public appearances when absolutely needed, so most of the public hadn't seen her since Elnear came into power, which at the moment was turning to her advantage. I'[color=#ee82ee]m aware your a busy man, so I'll keep this brief I don't care what you do with this information, but I just thought I'd warn you, because you don't exactly seem to be on Elnear's side. First of all we had to meet here as Elnear doesn't need me so of course as one does with useless things you dispose of them, and technically I'm supposed to institutionalized. That's beside the point though Elnear seems to be up to something very interesting, which of course is up to something, though I don't exactly know what it is, whenever it hits it will not be good for anybody in the vicinity. Also Elnear has been drinking human blood, and with each cup he is becoming more powerful, what he will be doing with this power I don't know again he has kept much from me. Also Elnear seems to be very chummy with the guard Adrian, and I suspect that they have been sharing human blood. Finally one last thing...[/color] Niasa paused not sure if she should tell Kaname about Alsa's survival, probably not she already didn't trust the scientist, and she had to make sure Alsa got on the throne he would be the best leader for Nuevedia, [i][color=#ee82ee]bless your dear heart little brother, [/color][/i]with that Niasa turned back to Kaname, [color="#ee82ee"]never mind it is unimportant a trivial matter you are probably already aware of it anyhow, oh well I bid you farewell Kaname, [/color]with that Niasa left the resturuant and went out into the streets of Nuevedia heading towards the castle, she would not let Elnear get away with this. For too long had she stood idle watching Elnear commit his evil acts.

[b]-08:30 PM-[/b]

As Feredir and Alsa ventured back into the secret tunnel leading straight into the Nuevida castle, Lord Elnaer was laughing madly, unaware that Shanna had seen it all; the elven clone that stood by him as well.

He stripped himself down to nudity and then leaned down on a table. Near him stood a humanoid figure, also without any clothes. It looked a lot like Elnaer and had his exact same height as well as overall appearance, but was also mixed in with the appearance of the elf escapee Feredir, thus why it had an entirely elven appearance, what with the pointy ears and limey skin and all. It didn't take half a brain to realize that this clone was soulless, with a literally empty skull.

This 'clone' had been created by growing a tree out of Feredir's collected DNA from both his bow and the little bits of hair and other stuff he had left behind in his (ruined) prison cell, only modified a bit to match Elnaer's proportions exactly as had been measured. This would have been extremely difficult had it not been for the mini-forest he had grown in his own throne room, and the elven bow as well.

In fact, this whole plan - the plan to eradicate all humans - had come about only because the elf had shown his face. Had he not, humanity may have been left alone for decades longer until they went fully extinct manually, assuming they hadn't already rebelled and taken over everything.

In fact, had Feredir never come to be in this world, the whole rebellion would have had an easy win, full moon or not.

[color=darkred]"Yes...YES!!!!"[/color]

In his throne room, two skilled surgeons had been called to join the group of scientists. Together, they would conduct the operation to combine the Vampire Lord with the elf clone. The calculations had been finished. The bow had been propped by his table. Everything was ready.

And so after Elnaer's mad fit ended, Needles were used to take specific sections of the clone's blood, and were injected into Elnaer's own at the exact same parts after mixing in a special chemical to guarantee fusion. Sections of meat were cut out of his body, with him fully awake and aware of the pain, but the mad grin stayed on his face. He hadn't requested for a painkiller since it would've just been a waste of time, and he knew that what he felt, the humans would be feeling a thousandfold.

His blood mixed with the elf clone's. His flesh combined like a puzzle, and with special tools they guaranteed compatibility with the rest of the body. Mysteriously enough, vampires had a more similar body structure to elves than human, similar chemicals. It was wholly unlike their extraordinary parallel evolution with the humans, like bats to birds, but a serious similarity...in any case, there were occasional pauses during the operation, and the scientists hurriedly ran over to the corpse of Glan to cut it apart and confirm certain things about the body structure.

After all that, the operation on his chest was now finished. For now, all that pain had numbed his senses, but soon he would begin to notice how he's breathing differently and how his body overall feels different.

It was a highly delicate and ridiculously dangerous operation, with no guarantee that Elnaers overall plan would succeed even if the artificial hybridization succeeded. All in all, all he was relying on was a mere old [b]storybook[/b] for his plan of human extermination.

[color=darkred]"Yes...!"[/color] He murmured, turning his gaze to the full moon as he let the operation continue.

Luis would usually scout an area as large as this(castle) for few days, but he was impatient this time. "I guess it's time to bring out my inner assassin. Which means i will become a heartless killer. Hopefully this is the last time I'm going to need to do this." After about an hour he decided to make his move. So he used his magic to change his clothes into a more suitable choice. His clothes turn similar to that of a [url="http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/363/d/2/Thief_by_doubleleaf.jpg"]thief's[/url]. It also came with a mask that covered his whole face, it a raccoon face pattern on it. He also got a raccoon tail coming out from his pants. Along with the new change of clothing came two [url="http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/359/1/f/Dagger_by_hronnos.jpg"]daggers[/url], with the blades being only 1 foot long on each.

He was located on the roof of a building close to the castle, which is only natural if he was scouting the areas. He jumped down and began running toward the castle's side, at that time only two guards were walking there, with no guards checking in for a long time. An easy task for a former assassin. As he ran closer one of the guards drew his sword, "Hey! Freeze or we-" Before he could finish speaking Luis leaped into the air landing onto the guards chest and stabbed his throat. He then leaped toward the other guard doing a 360 in the process. With the spin, Luis' tail hit the second guard's face, although it wouldn't seem that it would hurt, the tail's tip is made out of steel. The two guards hit the ground, one dead and the other unconscious.

"Alright now time to sneak in, although how am I going to find him in such a good place." Luis entered the castle unnoticed through a window on the east side of the castle. He then began to sneak around looking for his target, when he found himself in what looked a a giant dining room. "Oh this guys has it nice. How can he be such a douche." That's when he herd some voices, so he decided to hide. Although it wasn't the best place he decided to hide under the table, where the table cloth would hide him.

Ed scoffed at Adrian's remark about him being a hybrid. [color=#800000]"So what if I'm a hybrid. The concept itself to vampires maybe revolting, yes, but its the best of both worlds."[/color] When the ice gave Adrian a cut in his arm and drew a second sword, Ed smirked and prepared for what he thought would be a rather fierce strike. Ed relished in the loud clang of steel on steel. It was like music to a swordsman like Ed's ears. The fight lasted for hours until it drew a crowd and the attention of the Royal Guard. Ed sighed in disappointment. [color=#800000]"Looks like our little fight has come to an end. Fun while it lasted."[/color] Adrian and the captain had a little conversation before he left. The guards surrounded Ed and looked like they were asking for a fight. When Adrian ordered the guards to kill Ed, he chuckled to himself. [color=#800000]"Why send such weaklings to kill me? If I'm able to fight on par with you, then how do you expected them to kill me? Whatever."[/color] Ed ignored the confidence in the captain's voice and just prepared to fight. He dashed forward and wrapped his free arm around the neck of one of the guards and used him as a meatshield to protect himself from the pebbles. The pebbles sliced through the guards armor and flesh. Ed tossed the body towards the closest guard. The guard caught his fallen comrade's body, but was killed when Ed stabbed through the both of them. [color=#800000]"I just killed two of your friends in a very short amount of time. You still want to fight?" [/color]Ed knew that they were scared, but they didn't back down. [color=#800000]"OK, then. Your life." [/color]Ed just walked right up to a guard and offered him a free shot. The guard took it, but Ed sidestepped him and let his blade hit the ground. [color=#800000]"Too slow."[/color] Ed's arm shot forward and grabbed his head. He brought up is sword and lopped off the poor man's head. Ed brought the head close to his face to examine it, but dropped shortly afterwards. Each guard was dealt with in a few minutes after he severely demoralized them from his earlier display. All that was left was the captain. Ed raised his sword to chest level and ran towards the captain. The captain stumbled backwards, but steadied himself as he shot more pebbles at Ed. He dashed from side to side as he dodged the pebbles. When he was close enough, Ed stabbed the captain through the middle of his chest. A huge burst of ice erupted at the point of contact, encasing and freezing the captain. Ed withdrew his sword and shatter the ice by doing so. Ed sheathed his sword and looked around at the crowd.[color=#800000] "Anyone else want to fight?!"[/color] he shouted at the crowd. With that the crowd dispersed and Ed went on his merry way. He put his hands in his pockets and walked to the warehouse. Ed took his sweet time getting there and arrived at eight o'clock.

When Ed finally arrived, John merely nodded, acknowledging his arrival. He was now standing by the entrance.

With that, everyone was ready. To take up arms and prepare for war, a short war yet one that would mean the death of possibly hundreds. And it's even unknown whether they can defeat Lord Elnaer, who's capable of colossal energy attacks and the such. But they have to try. This last stand of the humans, and the entire rebellion force of the vampires, has to prevail. Because tonight is the night the Vampire Lord will eradicate mankind with whatever his plan is, a spy had found this out to John Alexander before she had been untimely killed by the vampire princess.

Nobody knows what this plan could be, but one thing was for certain; the future of all of Lath was on the lines here, threatened by the mad tyrant who had ascended to the throne, a mistake. He was intelligent, cunning, but most of all sadistic and brutal, hating the humans more than anything else, and attempting to genocide them.

He had to be stopped, tonight.

[b]"Comrades."[/b] John began, his voice booming all throughout the warehouse. Some of his magicians were working on deconstructing the entire entrance wall, which would let the entire army be able to charge directly towards the castle without being slowe down. [b]"The future of everyone is depending upon us. If we fail tonight, then all humans will be eradicated, and who knows what will happen afterwards? The tyrant will have obtained power beyond imagining, possibly even immortality, and he will continue to rule over vampirekind with even more brutal tyranny."[/b]

That had been hypothetical, but it was definitely not out of the question for someone like Lord Elnaer.

[b]"Tonight, we fight for my kind and for yours, and for the the whole world. We cannot afford to lose here. It's been an honor meeting you all."[/b]

The wall fully deconstructed by his magicians, he stabbed his sword up into the air, which was the signal.

[i]"For Lath!"[/i]

Five hundred and fifty soldiers, rebel vampires and brave humans alike, cheered to the call, and charged forth.

-------------------------------

[b]-08:57-[/b]

[color=maroon]"....Oh crap."[/color] A royal guard muttered as he stood on top of the castle wall, lighting up a red firework that flew up into the air, and bursted. Though most of the vampire citizens wouldn't know what it means, the royal brigade force knew; it was the signal of an invasion.

A huge army had appeared out of nowhere and was now storming the castle walls. Normall, this would be impossible, but bridges of earth had been built to cross the poisonous river, and barrages of magic began to tear down the three gates. He had already rung the alarms, but one of the armories had all its equipment stolen, so the west Royal Brigade Force divison were still trying to get ready...somehow. Because of this, the west force tore down the gates without any resistance.

The royal guards were still jumping up to the call, some being awoken from their early sleep, and putting on their armor. However, once they did, they immediately raced to their respectively assigned defences, the east and south gate. Preparing machine guns, they began to fire down upon the army, but strange barriers managed to block or divert most of their bullets, and fireballs as well as icicles were fired right back at them. There were apparently human magicians scattered about. But not only that.. suddenly, the sound of enemy rifles firing filled the air, and a single royal guard was somehow hit from the top of the castle wall, tumbling over the edge and falling to the ground...bloody mess.

The west division finally ready, having accessed a spare armory which was meant for patrol guards, they raced to protect the east gate and combated the army over a trampled garden. Yes, the east gate had led to a beautiful garden with bushes, rare flowers gathered from all over Lath, and trees...all of which could be used as either cover, or just a distraction to be trampled over.

The west gate was the next to fall. John Alexander marched onward, shrouded in flames. None of the royal soldiers dared to fight him in one-on-one combat, all directing machine guns, snipers, rifles at him, attempting to take him down from long range. But the bullets all melted as they came close. There was no way to stop him from his advance. The ground royal guards wielded swords of an expensive quality, and attempted to fight the west force...

Although for the royal army, it must have seemed like they were losing, machine guns were concentrated upon raining down on all three directions of the force, some of which managed to penetrate through the barrier and decimating their targets. The sky was a rain of bullets.

Here's an analysis.

The [i]royal brigade force[/i] has a total of two hundred soldiers. Twenty of them have been spread out over the castle walls to fire down from above. The remaining one-hundred-and-eighty has been split up into three groups, all of which will combat the invaders on the ground, either with rifles, bows, swords, lances, anything, whatever they specialize in. They're a bit slow at the moment, still taken off-guard, maybe even sleepy, maybe not wearing their armor right. But they've been trained for this kind of thing, [i]and do not make a mistake. These are not patrol guards. They are all smart.[/i]

Plus, the entirety hadn't been gathered yet. It's pretty much a guarantee that at least fifteenish will stay in the castle and either try to attack from the windows, or wait pathetically by the castle entrances to surprise attack anyone foolish enough to enter.

Fourteen of the twenty royal guards lined up on the high wall are using machine guns, now thirteen after one of the vampire soldiers managed to somehow hit one. The rest, only six of them...well, they're aimed with snipers. And their targets are the ones that seem the most dangerous... [b](AKA human-sided characters with apps, everyone)[/b]

On the other hand, the invaders have a total fighting force of five hundred vampires, plus the fifty-ish of the human force which has been split into groups of 17 to provide backup for the hundred-and-seventy-ish numbered vampires, mainly forming barriers and using healing spells to protect them from the sheer onslaught of bullets, although many also participated in using offensive magic to help take down the ground forces and try to reach the long-range royal guards.

The main battle was taking place outside the castle. Within ten minutes, all three gates had been decimated, yet at the same time the royal guards had fully prepared themselves. So much for taking them off-guard, huh?

Vanir's brother silently watched by the window. He was supposed to be among the west division, but his specialized armor had also gone missing. So right now, he was reinforcing this pathetic patrol armor and sword, with diamond magic. He also reinforced his own long hair to make it act as a kind of helmet, giving him a pale, crystalline appearance. For now, he was just getting ready. Plus, he needed revenge for the ones who killed his brother, the escapee prisoners...

Meanwhile, prison guards were also notified to join in the fight, though they might choose to stay in the castle out of cowardice or something else. And stupid patrol guards scattered outside the castle panicked about, with some choosing to recklessly attack the invaders from the outside. They were scattered, but when combined act as a force of over a thousand. They're pretty pathetic though, and are only distractions. They can still kill, however, if one is careless.

-------------------

After the red firework, the sound of gunfire and explosions was carried throughout the entirety of the capital city, echoing in the air. It didn't take half a brain to figure out what exactly had happened. A battle was ongoing, a battle to dethrone Lord Elnaer.

-----------------

An exhausted single royal guard ran into the throne room of the Vampire Lord, intending to notify him of the invasion-...but halted in horror when he saw a seemingly dead body being operated upon on a table, with a disected body on a different table right next to it. For some reason, as soon as he had entered, all sound from outside had stopped. He didn't know whether it was magical or scientific, but there was definitely a sound barrier in this room, blocking out everything else.

[color=maroon]"M- mi'lord-"[/color]

He stumbled over his words, and one of the operators, noticing him, walked up. It was a female.

[color=magenta]Relax, he isn't dead. He tried to laugh while we were operating, so we were forced to sedate him for a few minutes. What's your business?"[/color] She asked.

[color=maroon]"The- there's an invasi-"[/color] The doctor held up her hand to his mouth, silencing him. She then glanced back at the operation anxiously, before turning back to the royal guard.

[color=magenta]"How convenient. Tell everyone to hold out this...'invasion'....for ten more minutes. By that time, the project will be completed, our Vampire Lord will have woken up, and all will see his newfound power."[/color] She told him.

The royal guard noticed she had called it a 'project' instead of an operation. [color=maroon]"W- who are you?"[/color] He asked, suddenly afraid of her. In response, an insane smile formed on her face.

[color=magenta]"I'm Kaname-san's replacement, from the city of Noirlune. Azami Yamada."[/color] The doctor introduced herself, and bowed.

The royal guard's eyes widened in horror. This woman didn't look very old, but she was almost a hundred years old, and at thirty years old was a legendary doctor who directly contributed to the alliance between humans and vampires. Sometime afterwards, [i]she invented the machine gun[/i] to further contribute in the peace between humans and vampires, though she had gone missing for the past few years. Everyone assumed that she had run off like any rebel vampire...but...why is she here, aiding the enemy...?

Confused, he walked out of the throne room, before running down to the bottom floor. He wasn't sure how he was going to notify the royal force brigade, but he had to do...something, to encourage them to keep on fighting.

---------------------------

[color=red]"What's that noise, Sir Feredir...?"[/color] Alsa asked Feredir suddenly, hearing the faint sound of...something, that seemed to echo from the end of the cavern.

Vampire ears were stronger than human ears, but elven ears should be even stronger, so perhaps his elven master could figure it out. The orb of light continued to light their way; they had almost reached the end of this rocky underground cavern after clearing away Iron Dragon's poisonous gases.

On their way, they had encountered the corpses of the three royal guards he had frozen to death. The young vampire prince remembered that Iron Dragon had taken Vanir, but does that mean that one had actually survived being frozen and escaped...? It must have been the fat one.

Shaking his head, the two of them continued to advance, where the sounds grew clearer and more distinct with each step. Was that...war?

Lyon led his students with him in via the west gate when their army attacked. Taking the incoming warriors by supprise, he pulled a small portion of the moisture from the air around him to create a crossbow bolt in his crossbow, wielding that with his left hand and his sword with his right. Taking aim at the snipers remaining with the machine gunners, he called the wind elemental to create a shield around them for the tower gunsman, and used his crossbow and the special ice bolts he was using to shoot at them. Meanwhile, the air elemental kept with him, keeping the shield against the enemies bullets, while his other three students used their magic to wreak havoc on the side of the army. With a ping of the crossbow string whipping forward as he shot, he managed to launch a total of six bolts in short succession, each aimed at one of the snipers. How many hit he didnt' know at that point, as he walked into the battle and started to do some damage with his sword to several of the warriors. Behind him, the air elemental kept manipulating the wind around him to create currents of wind designed to pull the bullets away from their intended targets, trying to make them deviate around the warriors, while the earth elemental was keeping the soldiers off his back with a heavy battleaxe and some help from the earth at their feet. Across further into the sea of warriors, his fire elemental was bringing up torrents of flame around him in an attempt to both barbeque the royal guards around him, as wel as keep them from getting too close to him, as he flung spheres of fire at the defending guards. Back nearby Lyon, his water elemental was manipulating a small amount of water from a nearby pond to use as whips and blades comprised purely of water, to strike the enemy down. In the midst of more warriors, Lyon made use of his long trained skills with a sword and just kept moving around the mass of fighters, cutting down a guard here, protecting one of their new allies there, and just slowly helping out the battle.

Aesir was done with his preparations. His armor and sword were as hard as diamond, as well as his long now-crystalline hair. His pale skin became even paler as the diamonds reflected off the moonlight. He descended down the castle steps, and exited out to the west, where the divison he was in charge of was supposed to be. There, he saw some of the most powerful fighters, the Phoenix, as well as the disinherited vampire von Mira, Lyon. This was going to be troublesome.

With a sigh, he walked throughout the battlefield to meet them. Stray bullets from the machineguns pelted on him, nobody able to recognize him in this diamond coating. However, at the same time he was impenetrable. As multiple stray ice bolts came racing for a nearby royal guard, he intercepted it, saving the soldier from it. The ice bolt then bounced off his diamond armor and flew up high into the air, before vanishing.

He looked at Lyon again, and felt some kind of....connection. Some kind of....anger. He couldn't really tell, but this vampire. Perhaps it had been this vampire, this 'relative of his' who had killed Vanir. He didn't know how, he just [i]knew.[/i]

Seething with anger, he approached Lyon in an intimidating manner, swatting away magic attacks that was landed on him, all bullets shot towards him, and anything else. His body was fully coated in diamond. He even wore a masker over his mouth, which itself had been reinforced with diamond magic.

[color=purple]"You killed my older brother, I presume?"[/color] He asked Lyon calmly, in the midst of battle. [color=purple]"...I am Aesir von Mira. Please, die now."[/color]

And with that, he lunged forward, diamond sword and shield in both hands.

The very second that the wall was down and the assault began its forward march, Alexi unleashed his transformative powers once more and brought forth the immense pair of dragon wings from his back before charging forwards. He was a fighter about to do what fighters did best, and at the same time an examiner set to do what examiners did best. As the ground forces moved into position, he took to the skies to better view the battlefield. In little time he had determined the location of the roof-top gunners, and one of the snipers had determined his as well. That particular soldier was a good shot, and the first hit would have been fatal upon the scientist were he not armored...and a potentially immortal machine. Banishing any thoughts other than of the battle from his mind, the Iron Dragon swooped down towards one of the rooftop gun emplacements. In a few moments he had unleashed a burst of flames from his mouth upon them, and unfortunately for the gunners the flames were intense enough to ignite the powder in the shells for their weapon. The resulting explosion was certainly devastating, but the structure upon which it had occurred was left mostly intact. After all, things would be easier after the fighting was done if they didn't have to completely rebuild the castle.

Having eliminated one emplacement on the rooftops, Alexi set about moving on to the next one to do the same. Fortunately, the sniper who seemed to have a hard on for him was along the way. A quick jab with his armored left hand sent the soldier plummeting off the side of the castle and down to the ground below, hopefully not landing on anyone important but if that happened then so be it. He was now closing on the next gun emplacement, and an idea came to him.

Rather than destroy this one, Alexi landed in the midst of the royal guards manning it and simply proceeded to throw them off of the castle walls, again being in the body of an elven-magic-powered construct proved very useful for ignoring things like sword blows. He then moved the machine gun about in its place so that he could fire across a wider range, and then proceeded to turn it upon the guards manning the rooftops. Currently he was in about the area of the south gate. He had never been more than skilled with automatic weapons, so he didn't land every single shot on a target like he might have were he to take up a sniper rifle.

He most certainly had taken fire by the time he was finished with the rooftop gunners, the score marks across his armor from both arrows and bullets, as well as one very well-aimed javelin throw, gave testament to it. However, he weathered it all due to his uniquely enchanted armor and the constitution which being a construct awarded him with and now it was time to turn the enemy's own weapons against them once more. He turned about the machine gun and brought it to bear against the royal brigade forces on the ground defending the gate. First taking a moment to reload the weapon, he turned Doctor Yamada's invention against the royalist forces. He chuckled to himself as he recalled that he had once said he wouldn't be caught dead using one of her machine guns, and look at him now.

They approached the small cavern with care, wary of any preparations and defences that might've been made after they had escaped. Feredir entered first, wafting away the poison in the cavern with ease. His power had pretty much returned by then, a mere poison wouldn't effect him. The light orb over head followed him into the cavern, lighting the way quite effectively as the pair treaded carefully back into the city walls, making not a sound as they travelled, their magic meaning not even ripples were made in the water logged floors of the cavern, and not even the tiniest plop of feet in water could be heard, their stealth was so great.

Not that they would've needed it. To Feredir's sharp, elven ears, the sound of conflict soon filled the tunnel, the castle sounding alive, and battle starting to reach his ears. He was not close enough to hear with precision, but loud bangs and the ratatating of some foreign, Vampiric machines drifted to his ears. He said not a word though, for Alsa was still unable to hear it, and it would be better to keep the young prince as relaxed as possible before the big fight.

They had reached the frozen bodies before Alsa started to notice, and Feredir merely shook his head at Alsa's question, the boy would understand soon enough. They passed the dead guards, an expression of apathy on Feredir's face, each noting the disappearance of one of the bodies. Elnaer knew of the passage, so why were there no more guards? Where were the defenses? Of course, the Poison explained that, but it would be unwise of Elnaer to have completely ignored the passage. Feredir fully expected a few guards as they exited the Cavern.

And sure enough, there were 2; each taken down with a simple flick of the hand, telekinetically causing one to fly into the other, and into the wall.
"Innocent blood should not be spilt, Alsa. Where possible, spare the lives of simple men." Feredir commanded, as they left the tunnel and entered the castle once again, the war already deep underway. The screams of dying men and the sound of those machines he had heard were deafening, and the battle was obviously rather busy at the moment. They had no place there though; Elnaer was their target, and distractions were unneccessary. Besides, the battle was outside, and they were already inside; albeit in the dungeons. The stone walls weren't much different from the tunnel, but after staying there for a while, he could tell the difference. All they had to do was get to Elnaer, while avoiding the guards. Specifically, the head of the prisons, that daemon, Adrian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Just writing Adrian's part now.)

As Luis was hiding beneath the table, he overheard guards screaming about an invasion. He saw many scatter around the castle in a panic, it seemed as if fate wanted him to be successful by providing this huge distraction. A few seconds after seeing the guards, the sound of war began to be heard, getting louder and louder as it progressed. There were very few guards left in the way so Luis began to sprint within the castle looking for Elnaer.

"Dam it." Luis said to himself as he continued to around the castle. "Why must this thing be so big. It will be inposs-" Luis was cut off as he saw that a single guards was looking right at him. "Crap." he said as he ran toward the guard. Like before he leaped into the air and landed on the guards chest, but he didn't have time to stab the guard. Instead as soon as Luis' feet touched the guards chest the guard punched Luis knocking him to the floor. Luis managed to recover from the fall by doing a back flip to land on his feet. "I can see you're a little more skilled than others. Too bad I'm better."

Luis' clothes began to glow and quickly changed its shape while glowing. Once it stopped glowing it was easy to tell the he had different [url="http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/267/c/5/beetle_armor_2_by_aotada-d4ar3ai.jpg"]armor[/url] on, along a different weapon. Luis then ran toward the guard and did a downward slash with his sword. It was easily blocked by the guard who had unsheathed his sword by that time. "Not enough" Luis said. A charge of electricity began to run form Luis through the swords to guard, but it was only enough to knock the guard unconscious. "Alright now that that's over with-" Luis' armor began to glow again and turned into the one he had before. "-Time to be stealthy again."

Like before Luis began to search for Elnaer, but once again he wasn't finding anything. After a while he got lost and ended up in the dungeon. "Crap. How did I end up here." Luis began to look around. "Well I'm here, might as well see if I can get some of the prisoners to help me." He began to walk around looking for any people within the cells only to come across Alsa and Feredir. Luis was shocked when he saw them. "Alsa!? Feredir!? What are you guys doing down here.?"

Clarice had been pretty much sleepwalking with the assistance of her ladies as she didn't really believe John was going to actually do something. John wasn't fun like that all clearly she would have to bare witness to this miraculous invasion of sorts. But then it happened! She was shot at once again and like a reflex she easily knocked the bullet away. Unfortunately for the enemy this pretty much activated the sociopathic feminist murder rage that is Clarice. She went from 0 to wired in less than a second. She bore witness to the onslaught of Alexi on top of the roof, her smile widened. It was happening it was actually happening. A tear was almost about to come down her face as she was about to deliver some serious death. The rain of machine gun fire was sporadic thanks to Alexi's interference, but thanks to her quick sword it was nothing Clarice couldn't handle. She was outside the castle initially wondering how should she go about her approach and it was then she spotted someone in the window. It was a vampire sniper...she simply raised an eyebrow as this foolish being shot her skull. Foolish mortal would only see her staring at the bullet and her face as if to say "Did he just shoot at me?" The bullet was nay centimeters from her face when it was simply deflected into the ground. Clarice nodded at the stranger in a thankful manner as that attempt on her life now gave her a direction to go in.

First was to get in the castle. Sure the other had their own method of getting in but that wouldn't be of much help with the major players all scattered about and whatnot. No.7 No. 10 she said in tactical manner. The two ladies came forth and did a combination of water and air magic to make a frozen path near the east gate that had already fallen. Of course this just led to an obscure castle wall but with the hulking man-women of Ebony thunder that was merely seconds of their lives. Why destroy the wall you ask? Because its there that is all. Clarice and her fem soldiers made their entrance and as all the lovely ladies were in peak fighting stances Clarice was just overcome with Joy. [color=#ff8c00]Ladies the game is afoot and know whatever you do today shall be remembered forever throughout the ages of women history. We do this not just for human women but for females everywhere.[/color] Her fist clenched and she cracked her knuckles, her subordinates nodded, and then they were off throughout the castle.

It would take sometime for Clarice to find that exact window that exact sniper shot at her from seeing as she didn't get an accurate layout of the place because of that annoying warehouse rendezvous, but that didn't matter its not about the destination its about the journey and there was only one word to describe this journey...bloody. She and her girls made it down the first hallway. They saw some lowly prison guards attempting to impede their paths. Poor boys...Clarice immediately lunged forward as the guard tried to go for a downward slash. [color=#ff8c00]Pathetic[/color] she muttered to the man as his throat was slit before he could even finish his attempted assault. He fell to the ground lifeless as two more tried to attack. The black warrior ran up to both of them at rather normal human speed and did a split kick throwing them off balance of course this was quickly followed by a spear to the face for one of the soldiers. As he now became a wall fixture the other one didn't even have time to void bowls as he was going to not being able to handle Clarice's murderous aura, before a fireball torched off his head. Clarice turned around and saw her girls engaged a couple of enemies.

Unlike Clarice who wasn't giving a full single digit percentage worth of effort yet in this invasion the girls of Ebony Thunder and newly named Onyx Storm were going all in no matter what the enemy was. No. 1, 5, and 9 were methodically compressing their fire magic to where they could hit unarmored areas on their assailants bodies, while 2 and 3 would create steamy smokescreens with their fire water combination magic. These smoke screen would just simply provide cover so the Ebony thunder can move in with their large hulking mass weapons and deliver finishing blows rather quickly. Clarice was impressed with her girls and with herself for both being a good mentor and for being a shining example of what not to be in a fight. The girls continued onward throughout the castle. They could see that Alexi's squadron had gotten and engaged the enemy in combat which was good because Operation Sexy Coffee required reckless gun play. And as Clarice went on slaying and using various weapons to stick vampires to the wall which was her way of marking the hallways she's been down so she and her girls wouldn't get lost they made their way to an oddly empty hallway.

It was then one lone soldier appeared and this naturally offended Clarice. One man dared to challenge her alone even. Death shall come to him and his kind. She opened one of her ripples and pulled forth a halberd and immediately appeared next to the mortal vampire and swung trying to finish this little contest in one strike, but the unfathomable happened...he dodged! This mystery thing dodged her attack! Das F**k she yelled as this beast made his way towards the the Onyx-Ebony combo and proceeded to engage them in combat. She wanted to watch for a second and see how her girls handled someone with skill. It wasn't as glorious as she had hoped. Its started simple the armored vampire attacked and fire users tried to take him out from a distances by throwing fireballs at him but he meticulously dodged them and he went for close range combat. In a weird coincidence he started with No. 1 and as she was able to block his sword slash it was just a feint for his swift kick to her gut. But he couldn't go for the death blow on her because 7 and 10 had performed combo freezing magic which his enhanced vampire reflexes were also able to dodge. After about several hits and misses with magic the girls got his timing down. All the fire users compressed their magic and shot volleys at him but this time when he dodge Butch was there with her giant mace and swung down on him. This super soldier didn't have time to dodge again but he could block. Unfortunately Butch excels in brute strength and her magic only enhances that. His sword and the front of this armor were shattered. He jumped back in disbelief, but that jump back was directly onto Cassidy's claymore. With that his life was over. He may have been good but 15 on 1 is still a lot for one being to handle. Clarice made a mental note of this as this was clearly one of the royal guards. Important note...ONE...yeah she could probably take them with no serious effort but she isn't surrounded by 15 other Clarice's, that would be a nice thought though.

[color=#ff8c00]Okay ladies [/color]she said out loud[color=#ff8c00]. We're moving on to plan Espresso Forming the Chocolate so brace yourselves.[/color] The girls nodded and they moved out. Espresso Forming the Chocolate wasn't a murder rage filled operation but it did require some skill. Their pace became frantic as the castle was filled with screams which oddly enough the ladies weren't really going upward in the castle they just roamed around the lower levels. They found two more guards though they may not have been royal guards they had some skill, but they seemed oddly posted. Clarice decided to engage these guys herself and test their metal and as she clashed blades with them getting them out of the way the girls had kicked open the door they were guarding and their they saw some handmaidens and other attendants. The ladies of Ebony Thunder and Onyx Storm witnessed these ladies and peasants shrieking in terror and then the ladies just looked at each other almost if they had a conscious. They peaked back into the hall to watch as their fearless and quite saneless leader had fought the two men down the hall and out of sight of the girls. The girls knew what they had to do.

Later Clarice would find herself getting overly excited at the two men struggling for their lives at the hands of her swordsmanship and magic. It was actually very entertaining. [color=#ff8c00]Come men! Is this how you fight for your Mr. Blatsy vamps? HAHAHA you children must get bullied at school for having such weak father figures. HAHAHA! [/color]Her laughter was clearly all that she need whether they liked her boasting or not was inconsequential. She was simply toying with these male vampires as she looked out a window and saw what would be some peasants escaping. [color=#ff8c00]Interesting.[/color] She said out loud. It wasn't unheard of that there would be escapees. The main force of the rebellion were vampires and they probably would let non-combatants go free it was just interesting. Unfortunately its that moment of clarity that allowed her two opponents to get a lucky slash in. Sure she was quick enough to dodge, but blade managed to touch her flesh. There was a little trickle of blood and that is when for two seconds she snapped. She opened a ripple and in classic anime fashion she swung across the two men with her own claymore. They didn't even realize that they were cut into ribbons as they noticed their blood shooting out from their own arms which soon fell to the ground. Death quickly followed.

As she came to her senses Clarice looked around and noticed she had no idea where she was and no one was around her. [color=#ff8c00]Crap...I'm lost[/color] Clarice said clearly talking out loud to herself.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about. I haven't needed to kill any vampires for the past couple of days now." Lyon looked at him confused, before realising something. "Wait, you're a von Mira, would a vampire called Vanir happen to be your brother by any chance? If so then it's possible that I did, I didn't fight him at all, but he got dropped into our camp and I ended up dealing the final blow that killed him." Lyon sighed as his new opponent grew angrier at him. "I should have known that there would be reprecussions as a result of that, I guess you're my next opponent then, and a diamond user same as he was too." Lyon took a stance with his sword facing the ground next to him, and crossbow put away as he reinforced his own armour with ice.

[color=red]"Hm? Luis?!"[/color] Alsa turned to him, with a baffled expression. [color=red]"B- but a- a- aren't you de- deaad...? We saw you get hit by that arrow!"[/color] Then he turned to his elven friend, Feredir, as if he could explain away everything.

------------------------------------

[color=purple]"I see, so my feeling was right."[/color] The royal guard Aesir muttered under his breath, and suddenly diamond spikes sprouted out of his sword, reinforcing it further and turning it into more of a kind of mace. The same happened with his diamond shield. Before he went for Lyon, he took a moment to slice-smash a rebel vampire soldier's head with it, covering the middle in purplish vampiric blood, just as if for preparation.

Letting the corpse fall to the ground, he started his attack, charging forth. By now, he was almost entirely covered in diamond, his hair made of it, the patrol guard armor reinforced to the maximum.

[color=purple]"Indeed, Vanir was my brother. Now, die by my hands...!"[/color]

The only weak spot were two holes between his masker and diamond hair, for his eyes to see, and he held his shield up close to it to shield any attack that may try to penetrate him through them. He was a bit slow and stiff though due to the diamond's weight, which may allow for an opening...

-------

Nearby Alexi, a lone sniper royal guard lay, observing the iron dragon thing as hard as possible. There was no way he was immortal. There had to be some weak spot, SOME weak spot...! If this guy didn't go down, then victory was hopeless. The ground forces depended upon the machine-gunners for assistance, and their main advantage was being high up on a wall. But this guy could fly.

[color=maroon]"Hey!"[/color] He yelled out suddenly, to grab the thing's attention. As soon as it turned, he fired his sniper at where his right eye should be, hoping it penetrated [i]something.[/i]

Not taking the risk to check if it worked, he quickly threw himself down a secret trap leading into the castle wall itself, where sets of staircases led to the ground, before hiding behind a corner. His breath was racing, but he was determined to win. The humans were barbarians, monsters, and who knows what would happen once they took over the castle? He had to do this, for Lord Elnaer...!

---------------------------------

John continued advancing, until he had entered the castle through an east door, rather anticlimactically. Now, all that was left was to go up and destroy Lord Elnaer by fully unleashing his fire powers...

All of a sudden, a grenade appeared out of nowhere and exploded- no, it wasn't a grenade, it was a smokescreen. He wrapped himself in a fiery shield and bent down to protect himself from any oncoming attack, but nothing happened. However, when the smokescreen had disappeared, two minutes had already passed. Tch, he was wasting time here.

--------------------

The royal guard who had earlier spoke to the doctor panicked. He had known the Phoenix, and had tried to distract him, but he probably bought only about two minutes. By now, other human soldiers have probably already infiltrated the castle as well, but this guy had to be kept away at all costs.

-----------------

Azama looked at her watch. [i]Five minutes left, until Lord Elnaer wakes up.[/i]

Then she glanced at the other scientists and the doctors. They didn't know what would happen. Only she did. With a sly giggle, she retreated out of the foresty throne room...and disappeared into the darkness, without a trace. What would happen when he woke up would be that anyone near him would end up dead. It would take him about thirty seconds to regain his sanity, but until then, he'd be a monster.

In her pocket, she kept a stolen copy of a certain someone's scribbles and designs, which had been her purpose coming here to this hell-forsaken Nuevida in the first place. She wasn't sure what she could do with it though, figuring that she could find that out some other time...

"I refuse, I've come too far now to let you end my life." With that said, Lyon swiped his hand, sending a small group of ice shards plummeting towards Aesir's face, to where Lyon had spotted some eyeholes in the diamond armour that had by now fully enshrouded his foe. Not waiting to see if they had hit, he charged forward quickly, his own armour not decreasing his speed much, before jumping around the first strike of the mace and aiming a straight thrust towards the same eyeholes, only for it to be deflected by the shield that was guarding the same area, which had deflected the ice shards too, before jumping back to avoid a well placed mace strike. Now circling more carefully, Lyon started to make quick jabs towards various parts of the diamond armour, mostly around the neck and the arm and leg joints, where the armour should theoretically be weaker to allow movement. As he did so, his left arm was starting to manipulate some more moisture from the air to turn it into a small needle, hidden in his hand, to try for a strike against one of the eyes when the shield lowered.

However, as Lyon closed in and attempted to jab at the theoretically weaker points in the armor, diamond spikes sprouted out to combat and prevent it, at the consequence of locking that particular body point for but a moment, before the spike was 'shed' off, landing onto the ground. Noticeably, though, the diamond thickness of his shield thinned slightly. But it's only natural, it's impossible to create solid matter out of thin air; this is a law of magic. One cannot simply create shoes, or cake, or anything else, just like that, diamond included.

Fire is easily formed by accelerating particles in the air, water comes the air vapor, and wind and earth are everywhere, which is why they're so easy to come about. What Aesir did was 'transfer' the matter from his shield to form a spike, to save himself.

[color=purple]"Fool! Do you know just how far I've gone to get to this point, this level....?!"[/color] He retorted.

Then he spun around and attempted to land another hit on the invader, the man who had killed his brother.

Niasa rushed through the streets of Nuevedia, she killed a human soldier here and there if they got in her way she immediately cut them down with one of her sai. Her only concern right now though was the castle, she had to get there, no matter how hard she tried to convince herself it was wrong or that he wasn't her family anymore, she couldn't let him die. Elnear was still family, and unfortunately no matter how crappy family is you never turn your back on them. Engulfed in her thoughts though she hadn't noticed the sword fly directly over her head, and barely had enough time to react as the human soldier swung his sword almost decapitating her. This swordsman's speed, and looks were different though, because in actuality he was a rebel vampire who had recognized her. Niasa slide under the sword, and jabbed her sai through his chest hopefully giving him a quick death, but Niasa didn't know her only thought was get to Elnear.

Niasa had arrived within the thick of the battle now, and soldiers were far more numerous and anyone who recognized her all wanted a swing at the vampire princess, and just like all the others she easily cut them down. [i][color=#ee82ee]Pfftt I'm a girl not a weakling, unfortunately for them they got the two mixed up. [/color][/i]Niasa approached the castle and saw the fighting in full view, and what she saw horrified her. Men lay on the ground, human and vampire, alike bleeding and screaming in pain. For the first time Niasa experienced first hand what war looked like, and it made her sick, she already was against unnecessary violence, but this was just... for Niasa there were no words to describe it. Niasa looked at her own blood stained hands, sickened at the sight of them. Niasa felt otherworldly as if she was not inhabiting her own body.

At one point she had wandered over to the place were Aesir and Lyon were fighting, and when she gazed up from her own hands she felt a certain familiarity with the man who stood before her. For some reason she felt as if she should know Lyon from somewhere, but she just couldn't place what. It was when he revealed he was a user of water that Niasa knew, he was the disgraced part of her family. She had heard her father talk of them once with her grandfather, and afterword she had been curious intrigued by these long lost relatives, but she had never been able to find very much of them in the castle library. [color="#ee82ee"]​You... [/color]she regarded Lyon[color="#ee82ee"], who are you? What is your quarrel with my family. [/color]Niasa wasn't sure if Lyon was exactly who she thought he was, and she had to know.

Lyon dodged the incoming strike from the mace, moving around to Aesir's right side as he did so. "I have no idea how far you went to get where you are today, but unfortunately, if this continues I'll have to end that journey for you." Using his sword to trap Aesir's mace towards the ground, in a position where it also blocked off his shield, he flung his left hand forward, unleashing the ice shard he had created right at his opponents right eye. "You're blinded by hatred and way too reckless for how you fight. You seem to think that armour will protect you, but even the strongest armour has it's flaws." Jumping back after making those moves, he watched the diamond warrior carefully, waiting to see how he would fight.

Behind him, a voice rang out in his direction, causing him to pivot slightly and move back, so as he could see the Aesir and Niasa at the same time. "My name is Lyon von Mira, and by what you say, may I presume that I am talking to Lady Niasa von Mira. I have no quarrel in particular with your family, though I have taken up arms against them for the sake of freeing the humans from the rule of Elnaer von Mira." Keeping careful watch on her movements, he started to pull some of the ice shards he had left around the battlefield as he had fought, turning them into water on the ground around him, as a defence in case something unexpected happened.

Archived