YCM Revival Project (Remake)

IMO, the Multimedia forum would have been just fine as one large section instead of all the sub-sections.
It was a nice thought and people made it seem much bigger than necessary, but in the end, it's not really worth it.
Plus, some Multimedia things came out as books, movies, video games, plus soundtracks, so I'd have no issues with shoving them all into less threads.

Personally, I have trouble staying active in Music because I just don't feel like listening to what people posted.
Unless it's a genre I'm following.

So a good revival measure would be to go to the section and actually read the first 5 threads, listen to what people posted and write a few lines about it.=O
I'll stat doing that.
Anyone else?:3

[quote name='Kabasaurus' timestamp='1347054621' post='6020968']
Don't forget debates, that's like one of the most interesting places.
[/quote]

I agree. Sadly, YCM can barely debate properly. I would like bring it back though.

@Opal: Why did they separate everything out? I honestly think it should be together and/or apart of General.

They made the Multimedia section because some popular/influential members with leader speech made a petition and said that General was mostly Multimedia topics or so.
The point was legit, but not as big as people thought it was.
Out of all the sections, Literature is the most useless one though. Video Games and Anime/Manga are needed, Music and Movies/TV Shows would make sense as one IMO. Literature...I don't even know.

I wouldn't mind starting with Debates, but my skills in that section are terrible.:'D Unless it involves ecological/nature topics, but even then I'm bad.o.o

I am not applying or anything, but I been reading some of your suggestions. Many of those forums were created during the time where there was probably a lot of topics going around warrenting their need. Wouldn't it be better to cut back on the forums, like merge the multimedia and move it somewhere else. This is assuming that the admins are still active. Are they anyway?

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Username: Mr.Wham[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Why do you want to join?: I need something to do[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How will you help us revive YCM? The same way I attempted to before. Helping and ideas.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How long have you been a member (estimate)?: For at least 4 years[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1347925320' post='6026936']
I dunno. I'd say Creative Writing, but that would take a while. We could work in creative writing bit by bit, I guess, because that's probably the smartest move for the particular section.
[/quote]
Actually I was gunna suggest that since there seems to be a lot of popularity in the General section between old members an reviving YCM, let's do something classic.
Classic like a club war RP. Or just a clubs RP/ Fic. Between the lot of us I know we can make something happen. Besides It can potentially boost up multiple sections. I would recommend also reviving old RPs in the form of...something more selfish, but only if you know you al are not opposed to that idea.

That stands true for any RP or Fan-Fic; it's how they day. The key to such things are consistency and making an effort while not being a hindrance to other people. A lot of activity and are sure to get noticed, by members new and old. I remember when I first came on YCM all I saw in the new posts were updates of an RP almost every 5 minutes and clubs. I read some of them just because I thought they were worth the time.

And that would help out drastically, a better Resent posts updater. Something noticeable and that people, especially lazy people, will use to get active. I do believe that's why YCM was really good at that before. Or simply a part of the reason.

I mean I come on YCM everyday now, just to make sure that people have something to talk about. Increase actvitiy.

Well that one I'll explain.

I made the RP in my signature after the Advanced Clause was made and you know RPS just got shot to hell if they didn't hit the rules. It upset me a lot. So I decided I would make an RP, which I did much later and based off the concept for another RP I was a sereious member of, that would travel to the different RPs along the site of YCM, whether dead or alive, and have the characters in them accomplish a goal or final task to sort of give dead RPs a final resting place and for those who would have it a possible cannon or non-cannon interjection into their's. I have recently decided to take this whole concept and make it a Facebook group, which anyone is welcome to join. What I simply was suggesting is revamping that RP I made. I mean I have plots for days and so long as it works there should be no problems and we're older and a lot better a balancing and fairness now, which is a giant debate.

So it's basically remaking old RPs, resp. a concept that makes it possible to bump into other RPs with tasks?

Also, just to update this a bit.
Agro, Rai and Jester Head have been putting some life into Music, which I think is good.=o

I'd still suggest that most Multimedia sections need a push and that some of us go there and post in all the threads with zero or few replies.
It actually takes a few minutes to listen to a song/watch a TV show episode/look something up, but IDK. Some genres just don't attract many people.:/

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1348688467' post='6032662']
So it's basically remaking old RPs, resp. a concept that makes it possible to bump into other RPs with tasks?
[b]Basically yes, it'll just have it's own plot.[/b]

I'd still suggest that most Multimedia sections need a push and that some of us go there and post in all the threads with zero or few replies.
It actually takes a few minutes to listen to a song/watch a TV show episode/look something up, but IDK. Some genres just don't attract many people.:/
[/quote]

Multimedia is good and diverse and I believe you can easily make some heated topics on current show. Just look at how active the Naruto & Bleach threads are.

Also this group needs more activity. I can't reply to myself.

I've been avoiding RPing all together. And I've been somewhat busy, but I still come on. So, I've been listening to a few songs on my phone that I really like. That and I've read a.few poems in my AP Lit class that are very inspiring. I may post a bit to boost activity, but I can't guarentee anything at this point.

Archived