Psychic Commander

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110612005444/yugioh/images/4/40/PsychicCommander-TU04-EN-R-UE.jpg[/img]
[quote][center]When a Psychic-Type monster you control battles, during the Damage Step you can pay Life Points in multiples of 100 (max. 500) to have the monster it's battling lose that much ATK and DEF, until the End Phase.[/center][/quote][/center]
Practically has 1900 ATK
Effect is stackable with other Commanders
And is also a Tuner for E-Tele
Discuss.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1346783079' post='6019131']
Not a bad card. But I don't understand how all of the sudden Psychics became so relevant. Like, was there not a playable Deck with 2 E-Teles? I'm confused.
[/quote]
Psychics were just very outclassed last format since a lot of decks were nuts.

That and jeff jones got second place at tarawntoe with telegrand,so they're popular.

Not a bad card. But I don't understand how all of the sudden Psychics became so relevant. Like, was there not a playable Deck with 2 E-Teles? I'm confused.
[/quote]Grandsoil and E-Tele @3 become somewhat consistent.

[/quote]
A lot of decks just aren't used for quite some time. It takes someone to have the balls to take it to a tournament to begin with, then they have to be good enough to deliver. Plus there is the surprise factor. Three E-Tele also makes it much easier to do.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1346783632' post='6019141']
I don't think Grandsoil is as much of a necessity as people are making it out to be, though. I can see why it's good but I don't like the drawback enough to focus a Deck around it. Not to mention, $45 is completely unrealistic considering it topped one event.
[/quote]
Well, early game it's a much better card than in most decks in a Psychic deck because they make a lot of Synchros, and if they didn't get killed they killed something big the opponent had.

I don't think Grandsoil is as much of a necessity as people are making it out to be, though. I can see why it's good but I don't like the drawback enough to focus a Deck around it. Not to mention, $45 is completely unrealistic considering it topped one event.
[/quote]

Basically the only TeleGrand Deck at the event got top 2, which kinda makes it pretty good, added to the fact that it's a Secret, run at 3 and can also go in Geargia.

Question:

You declare an attack with a Psychic-Type monster or your Psychic-Type monster is selected as an attack target.

You then respond to the attack with Emergency Teleport, Special Summoning this card from your Deck.

At this point, are you allowed to use the newly Special Summoned Psychic Commander's effect on the current attack?

Just thought I'd ask here since its relevant.

EDIT: just like coth, my bad.

[quote name='Canadian' timestamp='1346791324' post='6019205']
Question:
You declare an attack with a Psychic-Type monster or your Psychic-Type monster is selected as an attack target.
You then respond to the attack with Emergency Teleport, Special Summoning this card from your Deck.
At this point, are you allowed to use the newly Special Summoned Psychic Commander's effect on the current attack?
Just thought I'd ask here since its relevant.
[/quote]
Pretty sure it would cause a replay, if the Opponent was the one attacking.
Or something like that.

[/quote]ITT: You're playing Grandsoil when you're not about to win.

If you drop Grandsoil, you're either ending the game or going into a position that the opponent will ultimately not be able to turn around. It's a 2800 walking Reborn that'll either take the Opponent's strongest monster or throw out a Naturia Synchro.

Oh, btw, ebay is terribly overpricing this. It's on Troll&Toad for about $13, as it should be at the moment.

Archived