[MTG] Vraska the Unseen

Flame Dragon

[quote name='Hasemeow' timestamp='1346821309' post='6019475']
Dat -7 is overpowered. And it's actually possible to pull off, what with the threat of having any creature that attacks her die.
[/quote]
The -7 is fine. So long as the have 3 2/2 it literaly does nothing. WELL with populate that isn't 100% ture, but the point still remains. My problem with her is after I got past the "OMG, her +1 makes it so she'll never be attacked" phase, it hit me her +1 literally only exists for the -7 and that isn't the best ultimate of the ones we've seen. Still, the -7 can be interesting, and the -3 is still REALLY good.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1346879030' post='6019739']
1) [url="http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ur/210"]http://www.wizards.c...tg/daily/ur/210[/url]

2) The -3 can normaly be gotten for 1GB so it isn't that cheap for what it does.
[/quote]

1GB is the -3, and the other 2 effects (which I consider to be worth about 4-6 more mana combined) make up the other 2 mana.

Therefore, it is a really mana-efficient card with all of the effects on the card.

[quote name='Tentalus Therapist' timestamp='1346879429' post='6019740']
1GB is the -3, and the other 2 effects (which I consider to be worth about 4-6 more mana combined) make up the other 2 mana.

Therefore, it is a really mana-efficient card with all of the effects on the card.
[/quote]
Thing is the +1 does nothing. Not being able to attack a walker only matters if you don't want them using their abilities. Sure getting hit by the -3 sucks, but you need to have her with a lot of loyalty to not have her be easy pickings next turn. The -7 is cool, but gets stopped by any 3 1/1s. The -7 still might be worth a couple more mana but the +1 doesn't nothing for you.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1346882441' post='6019782']
Thing is the +1 does nothing. Not being able to attack a walker only matters if you don't want them using their abilities. Sure getting hit by the -3 sucks, but you need to have her with a lot of loyalty to not have her be easy pickings next turn. The -7 is cool, but gets stopped by any 3 1/1s. The -7 still might be worth a couple more mana but the +1 doesn't nothing for you.
[/quote]

You know, i can't help but raise a point.... Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Vraska golgarri playable? If that's the case..... Scavenge makes those -7 assasin kinda way more op than your giving them credit.

[quote name='Hasemeow' timestamp='1346887769' post='6019850']
You know, i can't help but raise a point.... Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Vraska golgarri playable? If that's the case..... Scavenge makes those -7 assasin kinda way more op than your giving them credit.
[/quote]
And I can just kill the token with removal. We can bring in other cards all we want. Even than only 1 gets bigger so you can just chump block it. Rather grow something with evasion.

That logic is kinda flawed.... I mean, any deck can kill creatures with removal. But that's as hardly a effective argument to deny it's uses. If it pulls off it's effect, yay. If they waste their creature destruction cards on those assasin's, oh well. i highly doubt a deck using her would be 100 percent dependent on the assasin's to win.

[quote name='Hasemeow' timestamp='1346889568' post='6019872']
That logic is kinda flawed.... I mean, any deck can kill creatures with removal. But that's as hardly a effective argument to deny it's uses. If it pulls off it's effect, yay. If they waste their creature destruction cards on those assasin's, oh well. i highly doubt a deck using her would be 100 percent dependent on the assasin's to win.
[/quote]
My point was is that when you bring in other cards the support something the context of everything changes. Delver is a powerful card, but with Ponder it becomes a crap ton better. The dies to removal argument was a poor one though, I'll give you that. The point also remains that they are a bad choice to use scavenge on. Your not going to swing with them unless your going for the kill or to get in more damage with your other creatures. They still get blocked and die to anything that might be bigger (and odds are by turn 7 they will have a big enough creature to block and kill this even with some counters). If your going to scavenge do it on something with evasion, not these.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1346890670' post='6019889']
My point was is that when you bring in other cards the support something the context of everything changes. Delver is a powerful card, but with Ponder it becomes a crap ton better. The dies to removal argument was a poor one though, I'll give you that. The point also remains that they are a bad choice to use scavenge on. Your not going to swing with them unless your going for the kill or to get in more damage with your other creatures. They still get blocked and die to anything that might be bigger (and odds are by turn 7 they will have a big enough creature to block and kill this even with some counters). If your going to scavenge do it on something with evasion, not these.
[/quote]

I'll agree, scavenge would be more than likely wasted on them. But they do have their uses as being a bigger threat to the opponent, regardless of whatever power houses you have. Rather take 7 than 1 that insta-kills me.

Archived