Calm yo Farms - A Hangout for all Things chill

CinnamonStar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is this physical education thing you speak of

But honestly, some sort of sports class is quite good.

I've been catching up on doing some workout at home, plus waist-training. Public gyms...slightly scare me in the sense that most of the regulars at my local ones are people who are already very fit.T_T But there are workout tools at home and I just want to get a smaller waist and nice legs.

And who should be our little group's mascot?

I've been thinking about Slowpoke or Slakoth, but they seem slightly clichéd.

But Slowking is like Slowpoke, except the evolved version of the obvious.

If Nietzsche proves himself to be worthy, I'd recommend this pic because he looks like he's about to dig a hole out of boredom.

Also, it fits the tone of this thread.

Nietzsche.jpg

Comrade TentaSparkle: I will generally ignore people who think "oh dis is fun", lay some joke related to procrastination and don't really mean to join.

But you've just been upgraded to the second DrillMaster Supreme, which means that you can blow life into everyone else.

I've been considering putting the people who lay their eggs and leave into a rank called "useless lazy bums" or so. Just for promotion.

He's perfect! He's essentially all of our role models besides Alfred because Alfred isn't in as much existential questioning as Nietzsche was.

But the rest of us...

The rest of us should aim to be just like him, paradoxical to the belief in nihilism, which would state there's no point to actually aiming to be like him. The logical fallacies have no relevance, though.

Guest Thar Ablaze

May I join?

I believe the guy in my avi and sig says enough.

Plus I am on a college computer right now. What better way to kill 4 hours than neglect progress?

gschool.gif

Guest Thar Ablaze

*Raises hand* Question.

What should one DO in a procrastination club? I don't see much I CAN do.

Well, I suppose we could be given a prompt for a short story or drawing project or something.

For example: We're told to write a story about a beaver that builds his dam out of bricks instead of sticks.

Then we all start showing drawings of a watermelon falling onto a running toilet's head.

Hooray~!

[spoiler=I tried]"Sticks are lame! Sticks are bad! They're for losers!"

"Oh boy, there goes John again. Always ripping on sticks..." A beaver said with a deep sigh.

"We've always used the material, and we've always done good! Why does he have to hate like that?" Another pondered.

"I'll bet he's just jealous about how our dams are always far greater than his." A third snickered.

John listened in nearby through his own nonstop chanting. He knew the third was right. His dam always failed when it was done. All his food reserves would be washed down the river, and it always destroyed his chance towards getting a mate. But they'd soon see. Hours upon hours of watching a nearby settlement and humans has...enlightened him. He is learning far beyond the normal limits of beavers. Soon enough, he would be the master of the river.

However...he needed a partner. Someone to help him with his latest endeavor. He had hoped his constant chanting would have people ask questions about it. He had hoped they'd personally go to him and ask him.

"Why are you ripping on sticks?" He wanted them to ask.

Then he'd explain his master plan to them...he knew they'd be in awe, impressed by his new found intelligence. But alas, the cowards did nothing but snicker nearby, calling him names and such. There was no one to help, and it frustrated him.

"Um...excuse me, sir? Why are you ripping on sticks like that?"

He the question from behind, along with a slight tug on his tall. He turned around and saw a monkey, standing there with a stick in hand. A primate...with unmatched strength when compared to beavers...and opposable thumbs? Perfect, he though.

"Why, I'm glad you asked." He responded in the politest way he could muster.

He leaned in with the monkey, with a fire in his eyes, discussing his master plan. Raids on the settlement...knowledge about tools...the perfect location...all was needed to succeed. But he was confident about his plan. And the monkey was rather impressed as well. That very same day, they both set out and to work.

-Some time later-

The other beavers had realized something odd about the river. It seemed to be...higher...than usual. Certain nesting areas and popular shore side food sources had been submerged, even. It was turning into a crisis. The three leaders of the group, the very same who had talked about John behind his back, set out downstream to investigate. What they found left them in awe...and appalled them at the same time.

Blocking the river flow stood a wall, tall and strong, made out of a material they had only seen humans use. Atop of it stood John and a monkey, proudly looking over their creation. The three ran up to the wall, and began to yell up.

"John? What is this? What are you doing up there?!"

With a smirk, he looked down at the frantic and inquiring beavers.

"Why, how nice of you three to join me. You are just in time to see the opening of my new dam."

"How on earth did you create that? Did the humans build it? Are you just claiming it as your own?"

"My! I'm insulted! How dare you think I had to go to the lowly humans for help! All the help I needed is right here." He gestured towards his monkey friend, who was smiling very slyly at the moment.

"You....you..."

This is the moment John had always awaited. His previous haters were now awestruck at the glory of his sturdy wall, one that nothing short of a tsunami could knock down. How ingenious of the humans to create this...brick..material.

"You...idiot!"

The suddenness of the insult caught him off guard, so much that he stumbled a bit.

"What did you say?"

"You've completely blocked the river! Its stream is backing up, causing over flow all around the river! Peoples lives are being ruined! But that's not the half of it!! Do you know what you have unleashed on us all?!?!"

The monkey had already hopped from the wall to a nearby tree, rubbing his hands together.

"Oh yes I do...heh heh..."

Deep beneath the river, the breaths of life long dormant had returned...

"Oh, it has been a loooong time..."

You're on your own for the drawing, though. I can barely draw.

Guest Thar Ablaze

You're on your own for the drawing, though. I can barely draw.

If I had a scanner around, I would.

If gas wasn't an issue, I would spent all this free time at home.

Garazza: It's humorous, just like everything about this thread.

I personally like the picture, it's the only one I've found where he really looks bored.

And Mako, there's not much that can be done here.

I expected it to die as soon as the jokes grew old- nowait

I really need to do my lab report, read a long chapter with questions, and my Stats homework.

But I don't want to. Welp.

Oh! What's the length of the report and the homework?

And if it's due not tomorrow, I could read the chapter as well and think about the questions.

Unless you just need a kick in your gears. That would be fine for me too.<3

Reports and homework? Easy. What do you need help with exactly?

College-level Biology, Government/Politics, and Statistics.

It's fairly easy, just so much of it.

The only hard part is getting the time to do them all by next morning. I get home by 4:30 PM, and I have to wake up at 6:00 AM. So I have to give up enough sleep.

Oh ok. What's the length of the report and the homework?

I haven't done a lot of Stats, but what is the chapter you have to read about?

And if it's due not tomorrow, I could read it as well and think about the questions.

Unless you just need a kick in your gears. That would be fine for me too.<3

1. I can't exactly describe the length of the report, really.

2. Modeling Distributions of Data; we've only gotten through the first section of the chapter, but we're studying about Percentiles, Cumulative frequencies (or Ogives), z-Scores, and Density Curves. Tomorrow we're going over Normal Curves and who knows what else. We get so much in one day through each class we have to do some much at home too.

3. The chapter is on American Government and Politics. I don't know if you'd be very familiar with it exactly. Could be wrong though.

4. Yeah, all I really need is the motivation and energy to do it, cause it's just so much at once.

College is like, 70% homework and the rest being classes.o.o

But the term hasn't started for me yet and I'm mostly doing holiday works.

Well, if the assignments are easy...

There's nothing that stops you from getting on with it.=O

Don't focus on one subject for too long, keep your brain focussed by changing after half an hour or so.

Start with small pieces, don't think about the whole block.

It LOOKS like a lot, but if you look at the individual assignments, they're perfectly able to be done.

What I do is, I usually make a quick plan on scribble paper about how much max. time I have for everything.

Then stick with that and if the time is up, move to the next thing, no excuses. But keep an extra hour afterwards to finish all the stuff you didn't do.

And the avatar should always be seen by everyone, but if there's nothing in Settings that was changed lately, I can't think of what it is.

College is like, 70% homework and the rest being classes.o.o

But the term hasn't started for me yet and I'm mostly doing holiday works.

Well, if the assignments are easy...

There's nothing that stops you from getting on with it.=O

Don't focus on one subject for too long, keep your brain focussed by changing after half an hour or so.

Start with small pieces, don't think about the whole block.

It LOOKS like a lot, but if you look at the individual assignments, they're perfectly able to be done.

What I do is, I usually make a quick plan on scribble paper about how much max. time I have for everything.

Then stick with that and if the time is up, move to the next thing, no excuses. But keep an extra hour afterwards to finish all the stuff you didn't do.

Actually, there is something stopping me.

Energy. I feel so dead after school that I could fall asleep.

And when I get homework from the 5 main classes, it'll be a lot.

Cause they'll give you a lot.

Guest Thar Ablaze

Make an outline of all the steps necessary to get through each part.

Start big, then work your way more into detail.

Then, with the foundations set, just let everything flow.

Afterwards, read over it and fix any minor mistakes you made.

Well, more reasons to do it because if you skip something, you won't be able to follow afterwards.

What has been mentioned already means that it's taken for granted.

And don't be afraid to take a nap when you get home.

20-30 minutes are enough.

Also, besides the obvious coffeine, go outside, open the window, take breaks inbetween.

And as said above, not sticking with the same subject for too long helps keeping your mind focussed.

Oh and:

Use the time and energy you have to reply to us for the assignments!

Guest Thar Ablaze

I mean mental energy, energy to think, and stuff.

Orange juice.

It relaxes your body, but keeps your brain active.

Seriously, I drink entire quarts when I'm doing homework late at night, and man does it work like a charm.

I also drink a glass before going to bed for a dream boost.

Archived