YCM's Outlaws

Spirit of DMG

Well, don't you think it's time YCM had some outlaws? Well, here's your chance to be one of them. Come on down, and join the Outlaws of YCM! While I believe that a club should be a place where people can come to to get away from the structure of someone else lays down and do pretty much whatever they can think of (Within reason, of course) Apparently, certain users don't think that at all. Certain Mods think that clubs require rigid discipline and order. Thus, our main topic will be whatever links to Japan, especially Anime that involve people going outside the law, or really jut anything Outlaw-ish.

[s][spoiler=Rules]
1) There are No rules!
2) Spam all you want!
3) Post any kind of image, no matter how inappropriate for the forum!
[/spoiler][/s]
[spoiler=The other Rules]
1) Ignore the above spoiler, all YCM Rules apply.
2) Do not spam, please try to stick to the topic.
3) I know constant activity is good for a club, but please let at least one hour elapse before starting a different conversation. (If no one has anything to add to a conversation after 1 minute, then maybe someone will have something after two. If no one says anything after an hour... the conversation is over.)
4) I am the King of the Outlaws, don't argue with me. Unless you see a flaw in my reasoning. It must be an argument that'd be admissible in Court,[s] and begin with the words "Your Honor."[/s]
5) So that I know you read this, make the third line in your app [color=#ff0000]red[/spoiler][/color]

[spoiler=Current Members]
1) The Outlaw King, none other than Myself.
2) The King's Second, Archbaroness, Cinnabonbon Queen of Cupcake Thiefs!
3) Gar (Restless AC)
4) Kabasaurus
5) Lord Commander Pirate King Prometheus D. Rogers, First of His Name, First of His Rank, Guardian of the Realms of Men
6) [color=#000000][size=4][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Slenderman; Chuck, Shadow of the Pain of Guilt (Thar Ablaze)[/background][/font][/size][/color]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=How to become an Outlaw]
1) Username
2) Your Level
3) Any Aliases?
4) Who's your Outlaw Idol?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Our personal arena]
If you have a problem with another Outlaw, and it looks like it'll escalate into a spammy flame war, take it here.
[url="http://www.chatzy.com/17559683935599"]http://www.chatzy.com/17559683935599[/url]
[img]http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu140/Hayata_Shin/CellGamesArena.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
If there's anything I can improve on, go ahead and let me know.

haha

This section is apparently so strict and rigid that several mods have requested to turn it into Games.
There's no rule about how you set up your club structure, as long as it's comfortable for yourself.

But I've always had a few outlaw traits.

1) [b]Username:[/b] Cinnabon, Queen of Cupcake Thiefs
2) [b]Your Level:[/b] Stars, right? Then 5
[color=#ff0000]3) [b]Any Aliases?[/b] Thy majesty Archbaroness Cinnabonbon, Queen of Cupcake Thiefs and V for Venedetta! rebellion (but you can go with a shorter version)[/color]
4) [b]Who's your Outlaw Idol?[/b] Anyone.

Other info: I can ride a motorbike, which might be useful to drive the outlaws around this dystopia city.

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]1) Username Prometheus D. Rogers[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]2) Your Level OVER NINE THOOUSAAAND (6)[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#ff0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]3) Any Aliases? Lord Commander Pirate King Prometheus D. Rogers, First of His Name, First of His Rank, Guardian of the Realms of Men[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]4) Who's your Outlaw Idol? [s]One Direction[/s] Calico Jack. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]he has an awesome name and an even better pirate flag[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Nmbr101:DonovynMikaraGerra' timestamp='1347288234' post='6022577']
Lol. Basically, the SIC does what the leader does when the leader isn't around. And no, no new alias to cram your name. Or if you spot an infraction that I missed, then you get to take care of it.
[/quote]

Yes ma'am.
I'll do that.

Although now I really want to stretch my name just to see how long I can make them.=/

As for the topic (I actually read that as outcasts first), wouldn't it provide more space for discussion/variety if we included anything outlaw-ish rather than just Anime with such themes? Or maybe run some events that make us look like rebellious outlaws within reason.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Username:[/b] Thar[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Your Level:[/b] 6[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Any Aliases?:[/b] Slenderman; Chuck, Shadow of the Pain of Guilt (triggered when I'm alone with my thoughts.)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Who's your Outlaw Idol?:[/b] Vash the Stampede[/size][/font][/color]

Chuck can also be pictured as a separate soul that trolls with my mind when he's not possessing me. When I met him at a fairground restroom 15 years ago, he said he killed my family when I saw they went missing. Not too long afterwards, he decided to play dolls and sneak a puppet with a muttering jaw closer to me each time I blinked, keeping me from screaming in the process.

When I am him, however, I turn into an a**hole with no respect for the young masses. If someone says something stupid or asks for an opinion, I don't hold back on being brutally honest with them.

So uh...is this gonna be another general discussion club or what?

[s]The King's Second, Archbaroness, Cinnabonbon Queen of Cupcake Thiefs[/s]
--> The King's Second, Archbaroness Cinnabonbon, Queen of Cupcake Thiefs and V for Vendetta! rebellion c:

I don't know, one problem the section has experienced is that too many people start general topic clubs.
I don't have any issues with that at all and I think they can work very well, but you need experience to pull them off. Usually, it turns into random banter with no head-or-tail anymore, which is why I think club events or goals to work for are nice. Also, a few clubs with similar topics at a time can work, but they become boring if there are too many of them.

But I think if this sets a certain goal or something to work for instead of turning into/staying at "duh too much discuprine everywhere, we do it differently", it can do well.

I've had a few ideas in mind, but the issue with specific topics is that there may not be that many people who are interested into them.=x

Well, at first we're going to discuss ways to improve the club, then we're going to go on to discuss the topic for 1-3 pages, and then we'll discuss various events we could do, and after one event, it'll degenerate into general discussion. Probably involving Muffins. It happens to every club.
BonBon, are you requesting the "V for Vendetta" be added to your Alias?

They do, but you can still keep those general discussions decent.
I don't really like pointing fingers at comparisons, but I remember how one club that pulled this off well was the DN Reloaded one. There were occasional pages about where people live and random stuff, but it was alright and they still had DN things going on.

Dunno, maybe something related to outlaws that can be done on this site, without being just a more compact version of Questions/Complaints?

[s]also Gangnam Style is pretty outlaw-ish[/s]

[quote name='Nmbr101:DonovynMikaraGerra' timestamp='1347317760' post='6022832']
Yeah, I got nothin. Aside from Pudding.
[/quote]

Tapioca is my favorite.
Yeah, I'm that old.

Also, I think another good outlaw alias for me would be Robin Hood. I have a knack for striking from a distance.

Archived