Chimera Soul [Fairy Tail RP] [Started/Accepting/PG-13/OOC]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry if I sounded offensive in any way. I was just explaining/giving a hint on what he will be like and I really think that the Arc of String Theory is not a very anime-ish name, its not a name you would name anything in anything, IMO.
Perhaps you need some cough syrup, your coughs are starting to sound like you saying preposterous things about yourself that really only apply to me.
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DbWxDuNCFlA/TUadLBIqO9I/AAAAAAAAI8k/YBk_8Nf3acs/s400/cough-syrup.jpg[/img]
here you go.

[spoiler='A story for you']
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]One rainy, windy night, not unlike tonight, a man was walking home alone, down a dark, deserted street that ran right by the local cemetary.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]As he passed the gates, he heard a bump in the darkness behind him. Not daring to look back, he quickened his pace. But, the bumping noise continued behind him.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]He stopped and turned to see what it was. Coming down the road behind him was a coffin, standing on end, bumping from side to side - BUMP, BUMP, BUMP.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]The man, terrified for his life, turned and ran into the driving rain. Behind him, the coffin came faster - BUMP, BUMP, BUMP! Ahead of him, there was a branch that had fallen from a tree. He reached down and grabbed it as he ran by. Still running, he turned and threw it over his shoulder at the coffin - but it just splintered when it hit the coffin and the coffin continued coming faster - BUMPITY, BUMPITY, BUMPITY![/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]The man turned the corner onto his street and ran through his front gate, the coffin right behind him. His splitting axe was resting against his woodpile so he snagged it, turned, and gave a mighty two-handed throw sending it end over end right at the coffin. SMASH! - the axe shattered on the unnaturally strong wood of the coffin and it continued after him.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]The man dashed in his house, but the coffin crashed through the front door. The man ran upstairs and grabbed his shotgun off the wall display. He blasted the coffin with both barrels, but the shot bounced harmlessly off the coffin as it continued up the stairs - BUMP, CLOMP, BUMP, CLOMP![/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]The man, desperate and scared to death, jumped into the bathroom and locked the door - knowing it would do no good. The coffin Banged against the door, once ..., twice ..., and on the third time, the door exploded and the coffin came forward.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]In desperation the man reached out his hand and grabbed whatever he could. All that was there was a bottle of cough syrup so he threw it at the coffin.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(242, 218, 191)]The bottle shattered, the cough syrup poured on the coffin, and the coffin stopped.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/spoiler]

Yay responses lol anywho I have no problem with second apps. I will say that there won't be any enemy guilds though. And I am really skeptical to lost magic seeing as you pretty hero deep over other mages your rank. But I will see the app and be very strict about it. As for ranking, after latest chapter of Fairy Tail we may have a quick promotion mission in which I can accept another A ranked mage into the fold. We'll PM about it.

Not understanding your question, but yeah YCM was down for me for about four days and added to that I'm in a completely different time zone lol ugh I have sooo much posting to do.

Anywho like I said you'll be on a day and a half of resting RP time wise. This should give you enough time to do all these second apps you spoke of.

[spoiler='Le App']
Username: AixDivadis
Name: Hugo Drake
[spoiler='Appearance']Hugo Drake, by all indications, looks like a kid. He’s short, his build is befitting someone many years younger than him, however, he doesn’t look like a midget, it’s more as if his growth, in all areas, was somehow completely halted, which it may actually have, somehow, by magic. He’s quite skinny, even for a kid, barely any flesh on his small bones, but he is deceptively strong, his strength is also partially enhanced by magic. He has long, smooth, sandy yellow hair that reach his shoulders and big, young-looking, light sky blue eyes that are always wide and cheerful. At all times when he is in public, Hugo wears a light blue plush dragon costume, it has bright yellow spines going down the back and actually functional plush wings. It is cartoonish, similar to how a Toon monster looks. Hugo sees through its mouth, but he keeps the mouth almost closed so people actually think he’s a walking talking plush dragon. The costume is quite sturdy looking, with a large lower body making it hard for Hugo to walk, so he prefers to fly, even when barely off the ground. The wings are actually similar to the Exceeds’ Aera, except the wings are dragon/bat-like rather than angelic/bird-like and colored like Hugo’s costume. The wings feed off a lacrima, so it doesn’t use up Hugo’s magic. Hugo is also always moving the tail on costume just for effect, though the tail also serves as a weapon.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Personality']Hugo Drake: Always cheerful, always optimistic. He’s that guy who will cheer everyone on acting all happy, even when they are all in grave danger. He seems to not know what danger is and is extremely lucky, almost always able to avoid danger without doing anything. His optimism can be infectious and he knows that looking on the bright side can actually have bright effects and make people perform better. Hugo is very clumsy and constantly breaking things, whether its because he’s flapping his wings around or swinging his tail wildly. He is very curious, and is often invasive, as he doesn’t exactly know what privacy is, and he can’t handle remotely fragile objects, his supernatural strength causes him to have very little control over his strength, so when he picks something up of yours, it’s best to get it out of his hands ASAP. When he breaks something of value, he comically would try to clean it up within a second and go hide... which he can’t hide very well with a giant plush dragon costume. Hugo does care a lot about others and tries his best to make them happy. He’ll try to surprise people with what he believes are happy surprises... but not everyone would agree. To those serious and cranky people he’ll seem to be very annoying, especially as he tries doubly hard to please those people but seems to have the opposite effect on them.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Biography']Since for as long as he could remember, there was only him and his big brother, Vincent Drake, who was twelve years older than him. They travelled the world. His brother was a rare items, and creatures, collector and they went around finding rare things and putting them in bubbles. Because of this, Hugo learned much about the world and got to see many amazing things but he still has much of the world to cover. Vincent was famous, though there wasn’t much coverage on Hugo. They were invited all over the place, to royalty and etc, because people wanted to see Vincent’s collection. Vincent was a master at the Arc of Bubbles and thus he could compress bubbles extremely small and carried his collection around in his backpack. Hugo received the dragon costume as a present from an archmage when he was ten years old. When Hugo was twelve, he and Vincent invaded an ancient tomb of a forgotten race, they were repelled by some unknown magic and sent flying away. Hugo was protected by his explosion proof costume but Vincent was not so lucky as they were taken by surprise. Vincent died of his injuries before Hugo could get him to a healer. Hugo continued to wander the world. [b]Why did he join Chimera Soul? Well, he didn’t exactly apply, he sort of saw the celebration from above and crash landed down to see what was going on. When he found out about Chimera Soul, he decided to join. What is his goal? To have fun. :D[/b][/spoiler]
[spoiler='Magic']
[spoiler='Arc of Bubbles']The Arc of Bubbles is a Lost Magic that creates mini-dimensions. A magical sphere appears where Hugo is about to form one and depending on the size of the sphere, whatever is inside has a certain amount of time to get out of the way before the bubble forms. The bubble is very hard to break, from both the inside and the outside, though both the speed of which the bubbles form and the hardness of the bubble is directly related to the caliber of the user. Once the mini-dimension is created, the user is free to change the size of it. If they were to compress it, then when the bubble is released/popped it will instantly expand to the regular size and create an explosion around them. If the bubble was expanded and popped, then stuff around would get sucked in by the sudden vacuum. The bubbles have a weird swirling design on them.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Dragon Suit']The dragon suit has an Aera-Type flying enchantment with a lacrima and a powerful mace-like tail. It is protected to an extreme degree from explosions as well as any sort of blunt weaponry. The claws and spines on it can actually harden and extend like spears.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

@ Aix: Yeah I don't understand this kids reason for the guild. He saw the celebration from above...what is that referring to?

@ Sunkist: I thought I put in the rules everyone gets two characters mainly because the RP gets cluttered and characters can and most likely will die. Of course if a character dies you have the right to go make another one at any given time. But your maximum you can control at any one point is two. As for the non-guild thing...yeah that's just sloth on my part sorry about that.

Actually it doesn't say that anywhere in the rules so I guess you must've missed that part out.

In other news, second app is go, lemme know if anything needs fixing.

[spoiler=Galaxi]
Username: TotalObelisk

Name: “Thousand Star” Galaxi

[spoiler=Appearance][img] http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/312/5/b/galxi001_by_totalobelisk-d5kctyq.png[/img][/spoiler]

Personality: Galaxi has a very bright and optimistic personality and always seems to be having the time of her life in any given situation. She tends to be very aggressive at times and will usually pass the time fighting with others or just training by herself, as far as she’s concerned fighting is the best way to get to know someone and believes a person’s true feelings are revealed in the way they fight, to her there is no other way to bond with a person and when meeting new people will almost immediately challenge them to a fight, in fact almost every friend that Galaxi has she has fought with at least once, most of them being the first time they met, the more intense the fight the greater their friendship. Unfortunately Galaxi gives little thought into her action, often picking fights with people much stronger than herself or just showing no concern for the consequences, subsequently she also shows little care for her surroundings, often destroying things around her during a fight without even noticing. Due to her obsession with fighting she has become extremely desensitised to violence and has no qualms about seeing others fighting for whatever reason, when challenged herself though she’ll immediately accept without a second thought. Galaxi enjoys old tales about knights and heroes and often fancies being one herself, sometimes seemingly convinced she’s part of an epic legend of her own (she is of course the main character) as such she has named all of her weapons and attacks in order to, in her words, make the story sound more epic. Since she was younger, for whatever reason Galaxi has a strange aversion to seeing her own reflection and will avoid doing so whenever possible. Outside of battle Galaxi is an incredibly caring person and tries to get along well with whoever she meets, she can be rather protective of others as well, especially her little sister, and almost always thinks of others before herself. Being a protective older sister Galaxi takes good care of Sola and will step in to help her without a moment’s hesitation and will gladly fight anyone who threatens her with extreme prejudice, anyone who so much as picks on her sister is considered suicidal cause she will totally cut you, did I make that clear yet? No? Okay then, mess with Sola and she will frickin’ end you!

History: Galaxi was born into a family that was part of a mercenary guild and as such was trained in combat from a very young age using a variety of different weapons, though Galaxi herself always proffered the use of swords over any other weapon. During her younger years Galaxi also tended to pick on her younger sister, Sola, often teasing her about being weaker than she was as a way to make herself feel superior. On their way home one day Galaxi decided to play a trick on Sola and ran off leaving her by herself, however when Galaxi arrived home she found that Sola hadn’t arrived yet. The whole family waited for an entire day and Sola still didn’t come home. Eventually Galaxi, overwhelmed by guilt, finally ran out of patience and ran out to try and find her sister. She eventually found her being harassed by a gang of thugs in the town slums, enraged Galaxi struck out at them and managed to take a few of them down herself, however only being a little girl and outnumbered she was easily overwhelmed by the gang who started beating on her as well until the city guard arrived with the rest of her family to drive the gang off. Galaxi begged her sister for forgiveness and promised to never let anything like this happen to her again, though she realized that she had been too weak to protect her and her own training wasn’t making her much stronger. Galaxi eventually decided that the only way to become stronger was to learn magic, having heard of the powerful mage guilds all throughout the country, however due to her family’s disapproval for magic she resorted to learning magic in secret, eventually running away from home in order to further her skills in the outside world. Galaxi spent the next ten years honing her own skills and taking on the odd job here and there as a freelance mage, eventually earning the nickname ‘Thousand Star’ for the way she was able to summon a swarm of magical energy balls at will. [b]For a long time she considered joining one of the guilds to help further her own training, eventually hearing of Chimera Soul. Making a spontaneous on the spot decision Galaxi decided to join up, after all what could go wrong?[/b]

Goals/Subplot: Galaxi wishes to become as powerful as she possibly can in order to protect her younger sister.

[spoiler=Magic]
Galaxi is able to channel her magic into her weapon to create various different light based constructs from it, usually defaulting to a sword-like blade but sometimes going with other sorts of weapons such as hammers and axes, the size of these weapons vary depending on Galaxi’s use of magic, sometimes resembling the normal size for the type of weapon used and sometimes becoming monstrously huge if need be, however larger weapons drain her magic faster and can wear her out with excess usage. If she needs to Galaxi is also able to fire pure blasts of her magical energy, either from her hands or her hilt, which can vary from smaller projectiles to larger beams of destructive energy.

Weapon Forms:
[i]Milky Way:[/i] Sword. The blade appears to be made out of a glittering pink energy; it is divided into two halves with a small gap between them, one half slightly shorter than the other one.
[i]Andromeda:[/i] Morning Star. A large spiked ball on a chain made out of the same energy, the size of the ball and chain are relative to each other (the chain grows longer as the ball grows larger) and while it can weigh up to several tons Galaxi has no problems using it. She will often start with the weapon small and increase its size while swinging it to increase its momentum.
[i]Bode:[/i] Hammer: Its appearance is somewhat similar to the sword form except that the longer half has a large hammer on the end.
[i]Hoag:[/i] Axe: Similar to the hammer’s appearance only with an axe instead of a hammer. The axe can switch between a single headed axe and a double headed axe.

Energy attacks:
[i]Galaxi Star:[/i] Her standard attack, Galaxi summons a handful of magical orbs that she can fire at her opponents and has somewhat limited control over their trajectory, they explode on impact. It is a simple attack and uses very little magical energy so it is the move she uses the most often.
[i]Galaxi Cluster:[/i] A more extreme version of Galaxy Star, Galaxi summons hundreds of orbs that orbit around her and fire out in all directions, they explode on impact. If she encounters a strong opponent Galaxi will often quickly resort to using this move as it is much stronger than Galaxy Star even if it uses more magical energy.
[i]Galaxi Supercluster:[/i] A more extreme version of Galaxy Cluster, Galaxi summons thousands of orbs that orbit around her in a seemingly chaotic style before fanning out and directing themselves at her target from all possible angles, they explode on impact. This move takes up a lot of Galaxi’s magical energy and is usually only used as a last resort.
[i]Starburst Galaxi:[/i] A variation of Galaxi star except this time Galaxi uses her magic to create a series of blades that she will either use to intercept incoming attacks or launch them at her opponents, either to wound them or to pin them to a wall, as longs this move is active Galaxi can create as many blades as she needs to at a rather rapid rate, though excessive use will wear her out quickly.
[i]Baby Boom:[/i] A simple yet extremely powerful attack, Galaxi fires a beam of concentrated magical energy from her weapon that fires continuously creating a long beam of energy until she shuts it off. Like her weapon forms the attack can vary in size, ranging from a small to much larger blasts similar in size to her weapon’s larger forms. Depending on the scale it can drain a lot of magical energy and usually takes time to charge so is risky to use in a one on one fight.[/spoiler]

Weapons/Items: Galaxi carries what looks like an ornate sword hilt with no blade, the hilt is bright pink with a red orb set into the middle of it and two wing shaped decorations either side. Galaxi creates her weapon constructs using this object, she can create them without it but the hilt makes it a lot easier and uses up less of her magical energy.[/spoiler]

I have multiple App Ideas. However, I am not entirely sure how 'legal' the magics of these potential characters are. As such, I will submit them in my desired order of preferable control.
EDIT: Rai's magic is adjusted.

[spoiler='1st choice App']
[indent=1]Name: Rai “Tempest” Ward[/indent]
[indent=1]Age: 16[/indent]
[indent=1]Gender: Male[/indent]
[indent=1]Height: 5’9’’[/indent]
[indent=1]Weight: 193.1 lb[/indent]
[indent=1]Appearance: Rai has a darker complexion and golden blonde hair. He has emerald green irises and white pupils. He has a stocky, square-ish build. He is strong for his size, but not to any sort of awe-inspiring degree. As far as wardrobe, he wears a light grey, long-sleeved turtleneck that nearly reaches above his mouth. Underneath, but rarely seen, he has a white tanktop with a Pegasus in a thunderstorm on it. He wears a swimsuit that is primarily black with golden lightning bolt stripes down the sides. The swimsuit ends just above his knees. He is always wearing blue rain boots, which go up to about mid-calf. His facial expression is hard to read due to the turtleneck’s collar height.[/indent]
[indent=1]Personality: Rai is shy and gentle, but funny when he wants to be. He has an affinity for animals, which do not care for him very much due to the fact that they can innately sense the fact that he is a walking, talking storm. An introvert in an extrovert’s world, he dislikes verbal confrontation and anger. He handles situations infused with these things poorly. The exception comes in the fact that he loves martial arts fighting, and it is the only thing that will bring out his inner warrior. He is hesitant to hurt living things with his magic, which tends to be quite destructive. Despite his gentle nature, he is not easily scared, but his martial arts training has taught him the value and necessity of bravery and controlled aggression.[/indent]
[indent=1]However, he has problems with male authority figures.[/indent]
[indent=1]History: Rai was the son of a martial arts master and the priestess of their village’s water goddess. He was born during a storm where it did not flood, which was a good sign. In fact, every year during his birthday, it stormed, like clockwork. Every other year the village flooded, so the villagers came to blame it on Rai. His mother began to try to teach him the ways of magic to be able to control and stop the yearly deluge. His proficiency and control grew, but the storms didn’t stop and neither did the alternate-year floods. Then, his father began to teach him martial arts, thinking that it was discipline the boy lacked. Rai proved to be an excellent student who embraced the principles and ideal wholeheartedly, but the storms and flooding did not stop. As a matter of fact, it began to flood every year. Even Rai’s father came to blame the boy, which was a harsh and traumatic experience. When his mother died, there was no positive influence for the young man to hold on to for strength and support. He left the village but was heartbroken because of the cheers that erupted at this news. The young man began to cry. Storm clouds formed. It rained harder than ever before, but it didn’t flood. The rain just shot back into the sky to rejoin the cloud after a short interval of time spent on the ground. There was actually found to be one patch of blue sky over the village. Directly underneath this hole in the gray ceiling was the grave of Rai’s mother. The young man traveled from place to place, honing his magical skills and making a living by competing in martial arts tournaments, until he got into some underground gambling on his own fights. He lost one and got into a lot of trouble with some infamous characters who hounded him for the money. He couldn’t come up with enough, so he decided to join a magical guild to earn what he needed. The closest one, he found, was Chimera Soul, and it was new and in need of members. [i]Perfect.[/i] So he headed to the location specified on a nearby recruitment poster…[/indent]
[indent=1]Goals/Subplot/etc.: Pay off underground gambling criminal lords. Learn to control magic enough to prevent yearly storm and flood.[/indent]
[indent=1]Magic: Storm Magic[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· Capable of creating and manipulating stormclouds and their byproducts[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· Cannot generate actual weather byproducts without first creating the stormclouds (i.e. lightning, tornadoes, blizzards, rain)[/indent]
[indent=1]Weapons/Items: Bo staff made of magically infused wood; can absorb and redirect electricity; waterproof/rotproof.[/indent]
Other: [/spoiler]

[spoiler='2nd choice App']
Name: MJ Rajput
[indent=1]Age: 17[/indent]
[indent=1]Gender: Male[/indent]
[indent=1]Height: 5’10’’(regular), 7’2’’(Asura)[/indent]
[indent=1]Weight: 167.5 lb(regular), 321.5 lb(Asura)[/indent]
[indent=1]Appearance: Every single piece of clothing MJ owns is magically tailored to change when he changes size. This includes his ostentatiously-embroidered Sherwani on his upper body, which is designed with swirling traditional designs composed of shiny white-gold and silver colors. Also included are his dark gray pants, which end at the upper part of the ankle, and his flip-flop-esque sandals. MJ is of a dark-olive skin tone and has stark white hair. He wears glasses over his orange-iris eyes, mostly just for show. The expression on his face makes him look as though he is nearly always contemplating meaningful things.[/indent]
[indent=1]Personality: MJ has a wee bit of a self-confidence problem. He views himself as superior to those around him unless they prove to him otherwise. One problem with this is that he very rarely thinks about how his actions will affect those around him. He also fails to realize the probability of failure, a considerable portion of the time. Additionally, he has a bit of a Napoleon complex, meaning he HAS to be alpha-dog in the room. If someone outmatches him physically, he will often ignore their existence to try to infuriate them. He will eventually try to defeat those people in a fight, however, as to fulfill his complex with a personal badge of proof.[/indent]
[indent=1]History: MJ was the last of a family of six children. He was spoiled as a child and almost always got what he wanted. Despite this, he was unsatisfied because of the respect his elder siblings received when compared to him. He always tried to remedy this situation but never managed to succeed. When he was eight, he was selected to be part of the clergy of the church of Rigveda. He advanced through their school and rank until it was time for the priests to undergo the most sacred part of their education and ritual. Each of the student-clergy was to have their magical aura read. Depending on the results, that person would either continue at that church and train there while maintaining their activity in the church or be sent somewhere else. These readings normally came in the form of deities and creatures from the Rigvedan lore. When it was MJ’s turn to undergo the reading, his results shocked everyone. The Asura is the most highly regarded of beings in the Rigvedan idea of the “spiritual world”. They come in different ranks, being, the Lord, the Exalted Ones, the Honest Ones, the Indifferent Ones and the Dishonest Ones. The Lord being the most revered and the list decreased from there. MJ’s reading results read as him possessing the magical aura of one of the Exalted Asura.[/indent]
[indent=1]He was sent away to a secluded, secret group of the church, where they educated their student-clergy in spiritual warfare, believing that such powerful individuals would one day lead them in battle against the forces of evil in the spiritual world after their lives in this world. Once his training was complete, MJ left the church and decided to join what he deemed the more lucrative practice of evangelism. Having no idea where to go, he travelled to a nearby village that was, unbeknownst to him, infamous for its indulgence in questionable behaviors.[/indent]
[indent=1]MJ had little success evangelizing and eventually became unsure of his faith. He joined in the debauchery of those around him and reveled in it, for a while.[/indent]
[indent=1]One day, he ran out of money. With no other options, he returned to his home, asking for more, which he did not view as a humble gesture because he thought he deserved it. His parents told him that he could have none and advised him to pursue a career like his eldest brother, who was a guild wizard.[/indent]
[indent=1]The young man became furious at their disapproval. Then, the aforementioned brother walked into the house. MJ went berserk and attacked his brother. In his fit of rage, MJ ended up killing both of parents and his brother. When he overcame his rage, his brother lay panting on the ground, near death. Tears began to stream down MJ’s face as he apologized over and over to his brother for his sins.[/indent]
[indent=1]MJ was scarred forever by his deeds. He left that country and travelled to Fiore. He decided to heed his parent’s advice and join a guild like his brother, acknowledging as one final act of obedience to them in an attempt at redemption. He knew of no guild that would accept him knowing what he had done. Then he heard of a new guild, Chimera Soul, that was formed by a family of formerly questionable repute, the Bane family. He thought that they would understand his position and went to join.[/indent]
[indent=1]Goals/Subplot/etc.: Redemption. Superiority over others. Earning approval.[/indent]
[indent=1]Magic: Exalted Asura Magic & Feeling Eyes Magic[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (EAM) Gains two sets of magically silhouetted arms when activated[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (EAM) Gains enhanced physical prowess and speed when activated[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (EAM) Gains increased height, overall size and weight when activated[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (EAM) Can create pockets of magically altered gravitational force (increased or decreased) when activated[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (EAM) Capable of firing waves of magically induced force[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (FEM) When locking eyes with someone, can influence them to experience any emotion the user desires; effects last for shorter time when used on people of the opposite gender[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (FEM) When locking eyes with someone, can see current emotional state and greatest fears [cannot control this aspect][/indent]
[indent=1]8]· (FEM) Does not work when user covers eyes with glass or vision gets distorted with glass or water (or when distorted vision by something akin to poison or alcohol)[/indent]
[indent=1]Weapons/Items: Glasses that impair his Feeling Eyes Magic[/indent]
[indent=1]Other: [/spoiler][/indent]

[spoiler='3rd choice/That-Evil-and-or-Dark-Guild-NPC-I-talked-about-earlier']

Name: Bertor Orochin
Height: 6’2’’
Weight: 170 lb
Appearance: Bertor is slim in build, which is accentuated by his above average height. He always has magically altered pupils and canines that resemble a snake’s irises and fangs, respectively. The only time these revert to normal are when he is forcibly unconscious (not including sleep). He has deep blue hair that encompasses the majority of his head with bangs that sweep off to one side, covering about 75% of his forehead and most of the inner half of his right eye. He is always baring his fangs. Even if he is emotionless, he will stand with his mouth open so they are visible. He has an unzipped, dark purple-colored leather jacket on his upper body, exposing his chest. The only other things on his upper body are a solid red bandana tied around his neck and the mystical Ring of Loki on his right index finger. He wears black leather pants with no belt and strikingly all-white combat boots.
Personality: Bertor is extremely mischievous and conniving. He has a psychological need to lie and manipulate, which has only gotten worse due to the powers of his Ring of Loki. As you can imagine, this drives people away constantly and, as such, he has intense abandonment issues. He incessantly courts any women he can find, but this is only sport for him. He never has any real interest in them unless they are intelligent enough to tell he is lying.
History: Bertor grew up in an orphanage where the mistress in charge abused him and the other children. She punished him the most because he was always lying to everyone about everything (exaggeration). This orphanage was near a solitary mountain in the midst of heavy jungle, and from this jungle emerged snakes by the bucketload. There were snakes everywhere in the orphanage and were a constant nuisance.. to everybody but Bertor. He loved the snakes, who seemed to be very hesitant to attack, bite or otherwise injure the young man. One day, he could have sworn he heard one whisper to him [i]“Leave thisss plaacccee..” [/i]Frightened, he still knew what he had to do. So he followed the advice and ran toward the place he felt drawn: the mountain.
Climbing it, Bertor found a cave in which he heard what he thought to be the hissing of hundreds of snakes. When he entered, and his eyes adjusted to the lights, he jumped back, startled. Instead of the many snakes he had thought were hissing together was one giant snake that hissed at him. The giant snake did talk, in fact, and was using magic to control snakes to seek out a human capable of learning similar magic, which he found in this boy. The snake said its name was Basilisk. Basilisk taught Bertor the ins and outs of Herpemancy, which is the mancer magic of snake control, but this was not enough for Bertor. The young man went out and taught himself how to use principles similar to those of Herpemancy to control all species of reptiles, and eventually most amphibian creatures. When he had figured these things out, he came back to challenge his benevolent master for supremacy. Enraged at the student’s audacity and disrespect, Basilisk attacked. The battle ended rather quickly, Bertor standing atop the still carcass of his former master, having proven the superiority of Ophidmancy to his master’s magic art.
At the back of the cave stood a stone chest that Basilisk had never let the young man touch. He had only seen it by accident when the giant snake had a muscle spasm in its tail. After his victory, he made his way back and opened the chest. Inside was a glowing ring with a forest green gem in the middle. It glimmered and glinted in the light as though it was cackling. When he put it on, the young man felt his urges to lie turn into burning desires. Then, he set out, fully intending to join a guild, but none would have him due to the fact that his prized ring was an artifact of Forbidden Magic.
Goals/Subplot/etc.: Prove superiority of Ophidmancy to all other dragonic and reptilian arts. Hates Dragon Slayers.
Magic: Ophidmancy
[indent=1]8]· “Mancer Magic”-in tune with element/discipline and all aspects under its domain, natural and magical[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· Ability to transform and/or generate joints, limbs, etc. into snakes/lizards/reptiles or snake/lizard/reptilian body parts at will[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· Control over and ability to communicate with nearby reptiles (magical influence radius)[/indent]
[indent=1]8]· Magically alter nearby snakes, lizards and reptiles (combination of above two abilities)[/indent]
Weapons/Items: Ring of Loki-enables the wearer to lie to and manipulate people around him or her; distorts peripheral vision of those viewed as unfriendly or hostile (illusions, etc.)
Other: [/spoiler]

@Sunkist:

1st app: I don't know how controlling water Vapor leads directly to storms, you could just have the storm magic if you wanted. And I went and looked at some of the areas for missions...I can't fathom where large supplies of water vapor would come from.

2nd app: You wouldn't get the Feeling Eyes Magic the rest is fine.

3rd app: Yeah there shant be any Dark Guilds that you all control...yet I guess (been wavering on a lot lately lol) but the ring would have to be redone. Also you don't day if you get access to all the herp derp poisons that come with most reptiles. Do you?

@Clear: Its fine we're in a day rest for the RP anyway so to give everyone a chance to do other apps and character development.

@All: This is Character development time! lol go out socialize in Fiore you all are the heroes of the hour so feel free to post attention and whatnot. And you can even make cameos from the actual series (if you know it that is lol) if you want. Have fun with this as the next mission is just...different.

@Beginning: First off, I would like to apologize for the massive wall of text I made you read.

1st App: Storm Magic would be best then. I agree. This is the one I want to control.

2nd App: That is a bummer, I really wanted a character with some sort of "Eyes Magic" like the Raigen Tribe or Thunder Legion or whatever you call it. If I chose to control my 1st App Character, could this one be a filler NPC for team missions later on in the guild storyline? I am referring to the situation of one team going on a mission and finding it hard to fill all the spots they need/want for it. In that case, they could simply claim this character as a necessity and make use of/post as him, hypothetically.

3rd App: He's mainly an NPC. I wanted to give YOU an option for some sort of Gajeel-esque counterpart for my character should you need or want it for some reason. He only gets snake poisons, since that is his primary area of control, and those poisons are only transferred via bite, so I don't really see the problem because the proximity is a real limit... It can be fixed should you want it that way.

I don't mind reading I see it as a responsibility as a host lol.

Well for the first app sure you can use it as your second one if you want OR you could just redo the eye thing so it doesn't give your control over a person just by looking at them. That only works in scripted story where it can be passed off as not herp derp broken. As for the the third app well...thanks though now that I keep looking at things over I'm no short of characters but I could see myself letting have your own boss battle and whatnot with your own personal antagonist in future events. I mean you made the character so you should be the one to use it.

I'll try to post later today, I have been home at my house for about an hour this week, so I'll try later.

Alright Beginning this is my second character, I'll post as Park for now, and if you except her I'll post with her later.

[spoiler='Second Character']Username: ClearAngel

Name: Geneviere La Rose

Appearance: [img]http://i.imgur.com/pwmv6.jpg[/img]

Personality: Geneviere is quite pensive, and prefers to keep to herself though she is quite intelligent. Geneviere prefers quiet places, and enjoys quiet people, in fact Geneviere enjoys anything quiet. Geneviere can often be found with her nose in a book or practicing magic. Like many women she has a high thresh hold for pain, but will cry at the smallest things not because she is hurt, but because she is very gentle she could even be referred to as a crybaby. As previously mention Geneviere is very gentle and hates violence, which is quite an odd contrast to her magic, which is quite destructive in general.

Geneviere also has the mentality of a child, and is very innocent not understanding double meaning phrases or swear words. Also like a child Geneviere picks up on things quickly, and like a parrot will repeat things she hears without knowing what they mean. Unlike a child however she is quite unenergetic, and struggles with physical activity needing help with many things. Once Geneviere puts her mind to something though she will become very determined and will not stop until she succeeds.

History: From a young age Geneveire was trained in the arts of magic, coming from a very magicentric family. At the age of 5 Geneviere was proficiently able to use magic to aide her. Not only that though, but Geneviere was educated on the knowledge of everything magical from plants to swords. Something that Geneviere is quite curious about though is Lost Magic, and unable to find much information about it at home she left her homeland, at the age of 10 with the permission of her parents, to join guilds hoping to learn more of the mystery shrouded Lost Magic. Why her parents let her do this quite simple, though it might have seemed like bad parenting, Geneviere’s parents hoped that joining a guild would give her sense of accomplishment, and teach her lesson’s they never could at home.

Due to leaving home at such a young age, and having no real adult or parental figure to look up to instead of growing up Geneviere mentality stayed at that of a 9 or 10 year old. Geneviere traveled her homeland, but all of the guilds there offered little to her and could tell her next to nothing of Lost Magic. So she made the decision to travel to the faraway land of Foire hoping that they might offer her more. Of the many guilds she had heard of in Foire one stood out to her Chimera Soul, which had a reputation for having a very extensive knowledge Lost Magic. So logically she traveled there, and joined.

Goals/Subplot: Geneveire hopes to learn the way of Lost Magic from the Bane family, and learn everything there is to know about magic, and return to her parents accomplished and make them proud.

Magic: Geneviere’s magic is known as Shatterstar, though she can control the magic herself she commonly uses her staff as it uses less energy. Using her staff Geneviere can create small balls of light which she can then cause to explode, which is how she commonly uses her magic. The explosion though is different from what most would think, instead the explosion gives off immense heat waves, and throws small shards of light in random directions similar to a fragmentation grenade.

Geneviere also uses other magic, which she does without her staff, but they consume large amounts of energy. Geneviere also uses another technique in which she creates large diamonds of light, which she can through at people. Geneviere can also “shatter” herself in which her physical form literally cracks, and reforms a few feet away, Geneviere can only use this ability once every couple of hours.

Weapons/Items: Geneviere carries around a staff, which is as mentioned as the way she commonly channels her magic threw. The staff can also be used in physical combat to its sharp points. She also carries around a ceremonial knife, which is an heirloom from her family. The knife has intricate carvings etched into it, though they seem magical Geneviere has no idea what they might do. [/spoiler]

Sorry about the huge Pic. ^^"

Archived