Give me a card, and I'll rate it.

WilfordBrimley.jpg

You kids these days. I finally figure out how to use my internets, and this is the sort of crap I see everywhere. You kids seem to have decided that, just because each piece of cardboard has a good side and a bad side, they're all equally good. Hogwash, that's what I say! Taking unequal things and trying to make them equal sounds a lot like communism to me, which is another way these damn communists are trying to take over the world. Jesus, you kids probably didn't even realize you were helping the evil empire's evil scheme. It's just like those damn hippies from that one decade where they tried to undermine capitalism by wearing long hair. It's a good thing we managed to get involved in a war to get rid of all of them. Anyhow, since you kids seem to need some help from your elders, it's high time that I, Wilford Brimley, stepped in to educate you young whippersnappers.

You know, back in the day, this game was so easy that even skater punks could understand what was good and what wasn't. Everything was a big yellow card with two numbers on it, and higher numbers were always better than lower ones; it was simple enough that even these juvenile delinquents who spend their time shoplifting from supermarkets could understand it. But then they added green cards and purple cards and orange cards, and suddenly you needed to know how to read in order to play. This proved to be a problem, since most kids these days don't know how to read. Eventually, one of them realized that he could ask his father (who, incidentally, was a communist) to read the cards out loud to him. Soon, even the stupidest of the young'uns knew what the cards said thanks to people from better generations reading to them.

At this point, people finally began to see that the kids these days were damn idiots, just like I'd been saying for years. Even though they knew what the cards said, the game became too difficult for these kids, since they now needed to know more than how to subtract two numbers, which had been difficult enough for them owing to their tendency to cut math class in order to spend more time skateboarding. In desperation, they turned to an extremely tedious cartoon for advice, and promptly started running decks identical to that of the main character, and naturally these decks were all pure crap because the kids still didn't have a clue how to play properly.

Here we come to the heart of the matter. This cartoon was clearly designed to cause young children to all use the exact same poor strategy, and when something tries to make everyone fall to an identical low standard, there's probably communism at work. In fact, I have acquired positive proof that the company producing this show was bought in 1941 by a German man named Franz, because all these damn Germans are named Franz. That, of course, was back during the war, which meant Germany was a communist country. Then it betrayed the Russian communists, who turned against it and plundered its wealth before betraying us, which just goes to show that you can't trust communists of any sort. Anyhow, in the process, they took over the cartoon company. Ever since then, Russian communists pretending to be Japanese card game addicts have created cartoons that are designed to imprint their evil ideals upon the minds of American children. Ever notice how Team Rocket was headed by a sinister businessman who wanted to manage a corporate empire for profit, and was constantly defeated by a gang of hippies? Thisis no coincidence; this is a plot that has been at work for sixty years.

Anyhow, somehow the communists have managed to side-track me with their damn schemes, so I'll just get to the point: since kids these days are too busy listening to rap music to learn how to play card games properly, I've come to help you young'uns become less useless. Give me a card, and good old Wilford Brimley will tell you exactly how crappy it is and why it's so crappy, unless you actually give me a good one, but I doubt you kids these days are capable of finding one, since you're so busy with your damn comic book heroes.

WilfordBrimley.jpg

which is another way these damn communists are trying to take over the world. Jesus' date=' you kids probably didn't even realize you were helping the evil empire's evil scheme.

[/quote']

It is a fact that Capitalism is the Imperialist system, not communism. Statements that are factually wrong = fail.

Good day.

WilfordBrimley.jpg

which is another way these damn communists are trying to take over the world. Jesus' date=' you kids probably didn't even realize you were helping the evil empire's evil scheme.

[/quote']

It is a fact that Capitalism is the Imperialist system, not communism. Statements that are factually wrong = fail.

Good day.

Don't mind him, he gets a little touchy when someone talks bad about his religion - I mean, political affiliation.

Either way, I'd like you to review: Alchemy Cycle http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_Cycle

Well it's not that hard to see why Raigeki Break is popular.

Spinning vs. Destroying, destruction comes out on top this current format. Spinning a Dark Armed Dragon to the Top of your opponent's deck is like trying to out fire with gasoline.

Not one of the best things in the world to spin >_>;;;

PWWB you lose itself and one card your oppoint loses one card and has a useless draw 0

Break you lose it one card and your oppoint loses 1 card -1

I learned from the best here i know what im talking about

Yes, because having a dead draw counts towards card advantage.

Stop while you're ahead, you're looking ridiculous.

So let me guess, you must thing that Back to Square One is a 1;1 right?

PWWB you lose itself and one card your oppoint loses one card and has a useless draw 0

Yes' date=' because having a dead draw counts towards card advantage.

[/quote']

Don't be so quick to smack him down.

He does have a point, as your opponent does lose something, although it isn't really advantage... what's the word I'm looking for... uhhhh... I'm afraid the word doesn't come to mind, but it's like speed or something.

Yes' date=' because having a dead draw counts towards card advantage.

[/quote']

Don't be so quick to smack him down.

He does have a point, as your opponent does lose something, although it isn't really advantage... what's the word I'm looking for... uhhhh... I'm afraid the word doesn't come to mind, but it's like speed or something.

If I wanted to "smack him down" it'd be blatantly obvious if I was doing so. This is the internet, if you can't take criticism from someone who you will probably never meet in your life (and even if you do, chances are you won't know who each other is) possibly thousands of miles away, pack your bags and log off.

Speed is hardly an issue. With stuff like DDT, DAD, and Valley Explosion if you manage to get a good PWWB, chances are that slow down is not enough to turn the game in your favor. You'd be better of destroying it, and getting rid of the problem.

You can spin Cyber Valley, but that's only prolong your loss. You can spin Diamond Dude, but that's only prolong your loss. You can spin Dark Armed Dragon, but that's only prolonging your loss.

I apologize, my definition of "smacking him down" pertains to any comment that could harm his self esteem. Saying "you're looking ridiculous" fits my definition.

But speed was an issue in the last format? (that's not a rhetorical question, I've been out of the game for a while)

So in the last format you'd be more likely to use PWWB, and ridicule anyone who used Raigeki Break, but in this new format you switch it up? (once again, not a rhetorical question)

I apologize' date=' my definition of "smacking him down" pertains to any comment that could harm his self esteem. Saying "you're looking ridiculous" fits my definition.

But speed was an issue in the last format? (that's not a rhetorical question, I've been out of the game for a while)

So in the last format you'd be more likely to use PWWB, and ridicule anyone who used Raigeki Break, but in this new format you switch it up? (once again, not a rhetorical question)

[/quote']

Yeah, Raigeki break was horrible last format, and for some reason it became popular. I understand why PWWB is bad now, but I still think that you should just run Valley Control/Explosion and not have to worry about decking said card.

http://www.metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=33&ArticleId=9357

I suppose that will explain it's growing popularity a bit.

To those of you who refer to metagame.com as the Holy Bible: stop. While some articles are indeed informative, others are downright laughable. First you have them developing the unstoppable LaDD + Disk + CoSR combo, then the claim that Yubel will be competitive. There are quite a few misleading reviews on Darknight Parshath and Dark Red Enchanter, deeming these "soon to be metagame changing cards". They're not.

Also, just because they top SJC doesn't mean they're the be all end all deck list, with years of perfecting by several generations of scientists, mathematicians, and more scientists. There are good and there are bad; just look at the DAD variations. These differences are minute enough that luck is generally enough to sway the outcome in one direction or the other, but is crucial if optimum performance is the goal.

Archived