Random Cards

Atom Singular
Earth/Fiend/1/0/0
When this card is removed from the field by either being destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect, you may Special Summon up to 2 "Atom Singular" from your hand or Deck. You may Tribute 2 "Atom Singular" to destroy 1 card on the field and inflict 800 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Fuzz Bird
Light/Winged-Beast/2/800/800
If your opponent controls 3 or more monsters, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, your opponent selects 1 card they control and returns it to their Deck.

Zilch Leech
Water/Reptile/3/300/2000
Once per turn, during either player's Battle Phase, you may change the battle position of 1 monster on the field.

Pressure Tick
Wind/Machine/4/1700/1200
Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster is Special Summoned, you may pay 600 Life Points to banish that monster until the End Phase.

Tentacled Mancer
Fire/Sea-Serpent/4/1400/1600
When this card is Normal Summoned, you may select 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard and return it to the Deck. Then, during this turn's End Phase, you may return 1 card in your Graveyard to the Deck other than "Tentacled Mancer".

Horned Wolf
Earth/Beast/5/1900/900
If there are 2 or less cards in your hand, you may Normal Summon this card without Tribute. When this card is Tribute Summoned successfully, you may return 2 cards on the field to the owner's hand. This card inflicts piercing damage.

Of all of these, Pressure Tick seems the most balanced since it draws plenty of Machine support. Tentacled Mancer is a bit like a stronger Card Ejector, but there's not much that supports it. Atom Singular is cool because it forces your opponent to outpredict you, but if it's attacked twice it loses its use. Horned Wolf is good for Xyz Summons, but it's kinda vulnerable to counterattacks and unless you return a spent card of your own it wil rarely yield advantage.

Zilch Leech is powerful since it can set its effect up immediately if you Normal Summon it and change it to DEF, and then you can screw up your opponent's turn. It's not good against big swarms, but it's a pain to get around and you can punish effects that would destroy it via Offering to the Snake Deity.

Fuzz Bird's Summon condition isn't helpful because it's Level 2 and so not great for Synchro or Xyz Summons. Its spin effect isn't very good as your opponent generally won't miss the card, especially if it's a spent Call of the Haunted, Fiendish Chain or Firedance - Tenki.

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my cards.

Pressure Tick is a card that I wasn't sure if its effect would be worthwhile or completely overpowered. If your opponent XYZ summons it punishes them for that, but generally whatever they summon should be able to get over Pressure Tick the following turn.

Tentacled Mancer really was designed as a card that returned cards to the Deck so they are harder to use. I only added in the secondary effects as a bonus, since I thought it was too bland as-is.

As far as Fuzz Bird is concerned, I wanted to give it a representation of an annoying little fuzzball that gets in the way of the opponent's strategy, though in my nerfing of it, it ended up being almost completely useless in that respect. The special summon is meant to act as a scare tactic for the opponent more than anything.

Horned Wolf is meant to be Tribute Summoned, but since a 1900 ATK Tribute sucks, I gave it the option to forgo its effect and become a Normal Summoned beater.

Each card is supposed to represent their powers, as you would expect from a YGO card. Horned Wolf's power is supposed to be its powerful howl that blows other cards away, and obviously its horns create piercing damage.

I disagree with the design philosophy on Mancer. Simple isn't necessarily bad. Simple cards are the easiest to balance because the means of abusing them are not so obscure.

As for Horned Wolf, if your opponent has an Xyz or Synchro out and you can keep a Tributable monster on the field, using a Tribute Summon to blow the Xyz or Synchro away would be suboptimal. It's a nice attacker while you're topdecking, but a card that is less effective in multiples is tough to use with consistency.

For Tentacled Mancer, replace the second effect with some sort of potentially beneficial cost like "Return 1 monster from your Graveyard to the Deck;".

For Horned Wolf, maybe raise the number of cards you can have in your hand before a free Summon, and add some other condition instead.

Archived