Chimera Soul [IC/Accepting/PG-13]

Love of Ghibli

The big man peeled himself off of his compatriot and rolled over on his stomach before hearing the approach of the giant mechanical menace. Apparently it couldn't identify whether the two were still alive. All seemed lost for the two, until Le'Crux noticed something out of his peripheral vision. Using his mental guild link, he attempted to get Dune's attention, [color=#ff8c00]Magnet-man! You alive? Don't make any sudden movements, but trust me when I say that that thing is right in the middle of your pillars. I did my job... with a wee bit of unforeseen collateral damage. Your turn to do your part.[/color]

The islander attempted to hold himself incredibly still as he waited for some sort of response from Dune, recognizing the plea of his comrade. All that the big man could do was lie and wait. He had no power over the looming metal pillars. So he did one thing he knew he could do, he called on a few bee hives in the nearby area, summoning them as a sort of Plan B, albeit they might not be very effective in this particular situation.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dune got up and began swearing. Of course, he had to be the one who gets crushed under the other guy, especially as the other guy was 2 to 3 times heavier than him. Then, he saw the mechalith and smiled. He ran closer and leaned down to put two hands on the ground. Two overlapping red magic circles appeared under his hands and red lines shot out to connect to magic circles that appeared at each of the pillars. [color=#ff0000]"Lodestone Magic - Electric Hydra Dance!" [/color]They began to writhe and come to life as electricity shot threw them. They reared back and all at once chomped down on the machine. One on each of the beast's arms on one of its legs. Electricity coursed through their fangs. [color=#ff0000]"Disruptive shocks are bad for machines, right?" [/color]Even with the electricity, Dune guessed that the mechalith could not be held by the hydra more than a few seconds. He had to act quickly.

Dune threw his hands in opposite directions, flinging the magic circles around, the circles flew in an arc on the ground. More iron was drawn out of the ground, Dune was trying to encase the beast's limbs in metal, to further impede it. The hydra tried pushing the megalith down. [color=#ff0000]"Quick, look for a weak spot, while I hold him down. The hydras will lose strength if I don't keep providing them with energy. Go! I'll join you once you located a chink in its barrier..."[/color]

Dune's circle of magnetic death or whatever it was called sure did look impressive. What the gourd-wearer forgot to consider was the fact that this was no ordinary, battery-powered machine. This was a mechalith, an amalgamation, a giant, mechanical zombie-chimera. Not only that, but it was powered by magic, not electricity. Sure the stimulative shocks set rotors whirring and tank treads going, but seemed to do little in the way of actually damaging their monstrous opponent. [i][color=#ff8c00]Oh, so this is a distraction. Duh. Guess I should get to it, then. [/color][/i]It was at that moment that Le'Crux realized his partner knew exactly what his attack was accomplishing because he saw the reactions of the behemoth's barrier to magical stimuli. The big man formulated a plan of attack in his massive cranium and smirked, brimming with confidence.

He had seen the metal leak through the barrier at points where electricity had "shorted out" its magical reflective qualities. That metal was now beginning to slowly encase the legs of their opponent. The openings were small and irregular, though, making his plan risky due to the fact that it seemed only high voltage shocks could have this effect. The islander reached out, trying to reach the minds of nearby insects, scouring the area for Nasutiterminitae termites. There were none to be found. So he did the next best thing, he adapted his hands into the termites' fontanellar gun and his eyes to those of the Arcane Mantis, enabling him to identify magic, wards, weak points, and exceptional 240 degree vision. As weak points opened in the Mechalith's barrier, Le'Crux attempted to fire projectile glue through the openings. All he needed was one shot, which came after about seven tries. Once his plan finally succeeded, he began his favorite spell as the light green spell ring appeared, accompanied by the familiar word, [color=#ff8c00]Expand[/color]. The glue began to spread over the robot's armor...

Concurrently, Dune's power was waning down due to the amount of energy required to summon the iron and maintain the hydras. In order to give him a breather, Le'Crux called in their Plan B(ee). The multi-hive swarm positioned itself in a surrounding sphere before another light green spell ring appeared in front of their commander as he said, [color=#ff8c00]Reinforce.[/color] The stingers of the bees began to glow with magical energy and enlarge before the swarm began its frenzied assault on the Mechalith. Le'Crux had to continually pour more energy into his most recent spell, as it seemed that every time one of the stingers would make contact, the spell's energy would dissipate. He hoped that eventually the barrier would weaken or the magic sustaining it would run out due to the constant, rapid use of such a potent barrier spell.

Dune greatly lessened the magic flow to the hydras, only allowing them to retain their shape and some of their solidarity, no more electricity or chomping. He concentrated on encasing the mechalith's limbs in iron. For the final attack he had in mind, it was vastly powerful, but very easy to dodge, he had to make sure it would hit and he had to save enough energy to even perform it. [color=#ff0000]"Le'Crux, do you have some sort of finishing ability? Start some of the preparations."[/color]

He sat down at the edge of the circle and crossed his legs to meditate. Magic is the product of a spiritual connection with natural energies, he needed to concentrate to use magic at its full potential. He was tired, but he had to finish this, this last magic required a lot of energy. He reached into the earth and slowly drew more iron, coaxing it, letting it flow out of the ground...

[color=#ff8c00]As a matter of fact... [/color]Le'Crux began to reach out as far as his influence would let him and began to coax his critters to come swiftly to his aid. Controlling that many insects takes intense mental focus of magic that the Arcane Mantis tribe taught only to its most advanced members. Sadly, they never had a name for the technique, but the big man had invented one upon his mastery of it. The islander was surrounded by five light green spell rings to which the many hordes of insects flocked.

The islander was visibly sweating profusely under the strain of the effort. As vast swaths of the area were taken up by his critters, the spell reached its climax as many veins popped out of portions of Le'Crux's body and the bees stopped attacking to assimilate themselves, as well. He forced out the spell's name, signaling the completion of its casting with a triumphant, [color=#ff8c00]Hive-Mind Entymera! [/color]The writhing, moving, roiling, squirming mass of arthropod bodies mingled with the Entymancer at their center as they began forming an gigantic insectoid silhouette, nearly comparable in size to the Mechalith. Six legs sprouted from the thorax, accompanied by a scorpion-esque tail. Wings formed on the back part of the abdomen. Two arms shot out of the front of the abdomen bearing, of all things, disproportionately large mantis-like appendages. The face was an amalgam of many different arthropod features. As the silhouette's formation came to fruition, the Termite lifted up in the air, controlled by some magic force, and melded into the "stinger" of the tail, where it grew to become proportionate in size to its new host-body. [color=#ff8c00]Guildmates, this is the real power of Termite. Let's Play. [/color]And with that, Le'Crux and his critters rushed their opponent.

Park smirked as Luna blasted the door of the security station open, pleased at how well they were working together. As they had gone through the hole in the wall Park had readied her throwing knives, and as soon as Luna gave her a clear shot Park released the knives into the throats of the guards that were guarding this room. No sooner had Park retrieved her knives and stored them, Luna's lightning was shot right back at them. Quickly Park tried to put up a barrier again, but she was to slow and the redirected magic cut through her underdeveloped shield, and blasted Park in the chest, which Park deemed worthy of some very not PG-13 swearing.The riddle of ROODPART!! was then displayed, which in all honesty had Park totally stumped, [color=#4b0082]Any ideas? [/color]Park said to both Luna and Simon.

[color=#000080]Hmmm so the iron pillars were actually some form of restraint. Well isn't that creative.[/color] Simon noted as the helicopters were finally overhead. He was rather inpressed with the boys being able to keep fighting at this level. Of course they may have to undergo some rigorous training by Chris so they can improve their stamina. At their current level they were no match for the army that was coming. Though who was really a match for the army...well he and his brothers were, but that is besides the point. It was then that LeCrux had unleashed his giant insect summoning amalgamation to combat the metal Mechalith. Simon couldn't help but applaud the boys for this display of magic. He watched as the two beast went toe to toe swapping blows but unfortunately that pesky barrier severely mitigated the damage that giant insect swarm thing could dish out. Not only that the Mechalith is a metal construct of destroyed parts meaning it can't feel pain while giant insect beast probably can. The Mechalith turned on the giant helicopter blades atop its head and proceeded to shred the beast alive. Simon rolled his eyes at this feet, sure the ship was blocking communication with the outside world but this entertaining fight was being cut short because of a cheap barrier. He squinted at the 16 magical arrays that the bug monster was hammering on and noticed several cracks in various spots.

[color=#000080]Oh they're not even performing the magic correctly! This is a sin! [/color]Simon had now had enough, he wasn't about to watch his two newest cousins be killed over some half hearted hax magic.[color=#000080] I'll show you some hax magic.[/color] Simon slowly stepped up on the roof revealing that he has been at the castle with the kids for quite some time. Though he is on his own mission that hasn't been completed yet. Due to the Mechalith and its combat slaughter no one would notice him standing atop one of the last remaining rooftops that is covered in fire. He closed his eyes and when they opened they were pure white and a white magical array appeared underneath the Mechalith. Pushing what remained of the insect creature back this array expanded. And when it finished 16 massive [url="http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=valkryie+&offset=120#/d20zo12"]statues[/url] of angelic nature surrounded the Mechalith. Each statue was the same size as the the mechanical monstrosity and each statue reached out a hand towards it. Then the 16 layered barrier arose but the 16 hands went through it like air shattering the barrier as if it was nothing to begin with. As the hands got close to the beast the metal that it was composed of dissolved into nothingness. Slowly and almost painfully the two boys watched as this Mechalith was being erased out of exisitance. When it was completely gone Simon turned his gazed to the vast army of helicopters and aircrafts overhead. [color=#000080]Tower of Babel[/color]...the 16 statues twisted and became literally a twister of energy and it shot straight into the sky. The was a second of silence then the sky lit up with fireworks as every aircraft in view, and a lot of them out of view, exploded.

His eyes returned to normal and he looked around to make sure he still couldn't be seen as debris was falling down in the form of an ashy rain. Definitely not enough to make a another Mechalith. Time to give an update. [color=#000080]Wow you guys are amazing![/color] Simon told the two boys through their heads. [color=#000080]Why didn't either of you tell us that you could summon giant statues of pure energy? I'm almost scared now. [/color]Clearly he had decided that he should give credit of his blatantly over the top magic to the boys in attempt to conceal his identity. [color=#000080]Nevertheless you guys clearly bought yourself some rest I don't see any one mobilizing after that display there.[/color]

In the wreckage of the fallen next to the beast and their giant insect creature summon thing. There was a young [url="http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=castle&offset=24#/d2qgy8b"]woman[/url] simply passed out and slightly wounded but she wasn't wearing the litany of armor she looked rather peasant-ish actually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After his little light show, which could easily have been seen by the two girls thanks to the oddly placed terrace in that castle tower, he actually recalled that Park was stumped by a rather simple riddle.[color=#000080] Don't think too hard on it. Its actually very simple, you just look at from all possible sides you forward, backward, upside down,...backwards again maybe?[/color] He couldn't help but chuckle at that this little riddle they had if anything knowing that those two girls were the most tempermental they might just accidentally get the right answer by default. He couldn't but sulk though, had the overzealous boys not blown up the other towers then they would have seen a couple of hints well it couldn't hurt to give them another hint though this was a mission after all. [color=#000080]Well I will say this though, before the boys destroyed it there was a bridge connected to the window next to you and it was connected to another tower that connected to another bridge that connected to that room. Hope that helps. [/color]

Luna's plan was not as foolproof as she'd like to think it was, the moment she unleashed her attack on the door it backfired, sending a shower of lightning over the pair. Cursing under her breath Luna quickly sheltered under some more black rock summoned from the wall next to her, the rock easily able to absorb the lightning as they were, technicaly, one in the same. Once the lightning cleared she looked back to the doorway to find a word written across it, Simon announcing in their heads that it was some sort of riddle, a trap activated by war time protocols no doubt triggered by the distraction team outside. Luna had to heave an irritated sigh as this revelation.

[b]"I thought the point of a distraction was to draw fire and make things easier for the rest of us,"[/b] she grumbled under her breath [b]"Not make it ten times f*cking harder!"[/b]

She glanced back at Park for a moment and then back at the door, almost rolling her eyes.

[b]"It's Trapdoor spelt backwards,"[/b] she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world [b]"Very f*cking funny."[/b]

She glanced at the floor beneath her and took a step back, firing a bolt of lightning at the ground, partly to vent her frustration but mostly to see if there was indeed a trapdoor beneath them.

Kazuya listened as Henry his thoughts on what had hit him and then his questions about the functionality of the hall with no sight or sound to be used to help. [i][color=#000000]If we lack the ability to see our enemy and the ability to hear what is going on above it is purely a disadvantage for any attackers, though the same disadvantages could be held by those inside they would probably have some way to communicate. This would lead with any invading force who entered as I'm sure they'd expect us to be unable to tell the condition of those above ground and whether they could continue with an exit available, making them second guess their ability to continue on their mission, That is the only reason I can think of for the room to be as it is. However with our ability to talk through these symbols I believe we may already have beaten the objective of this rooms soundproofing. If they are living creatures that attacked then my magic should affect them, open a gap in our cards and don't look at my Law, pull me along with your cards or leave me here if you need to for now, if it's this sort of defense here it shouldn't take too much longer to reach the prize they are defending. [/color][/i]Kazuya then said through the symbol conversing with Henry, even in a transmittance of thoughts Kazuya seemed detached from emotions in this speaking purely of tactic. If Henry opened the cards as Kazuya asked he would then quickly move his fingers through the air writing a new law. [i]No Living Creature May Move of their own free will[/i] he would write in his golden glowing letters that instantly affect him and any Live being that sees the law upon sight, if any of the unseen beings who saw it moved and were as Henry thought Living beings a bright white orb of magical energy would surround them, not only providing some magical light but also trapping them where Kazuya could inflict punishments.

Simon laughed as he clearly heard the attitude and anger in Luna's voice. Well see I knew you girls were smart well I guess now that you've figured it out I can let you know that there is a window on the side of the tower you could climb through. Of course this means you actually have to climb to the other side of the tower and climb through the window. There was a tower that you could have gone through but that no longer exist. So yeah have fun with that but once you're inside it should be rather easy to blow something up. His voice left their heads as he let out his own sigh of relief thinking that at least two thirds of the mission were getting accomplished.

As the girls got closer to the window they would begin to start hearing [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwXKJoKJz4"]music [/url] and as they approached it got louder. Soon when the girls would make their way through the window they would witness a...[url="http://genzoman.deviantart.com/art/Agrat-Bat-Mahlat-141941812?q=gallery%3AGENZOMAN%20randomize%3A1&qo=2"]lady[/url] busy dancing around and touching herself. It would be a sight to behold. [color=#800080]My milkshakes bring all the boys to yard and damn right its better than yours, damn right its better than yours. I could teach you but I have to charge. [/color]The young bat mistress looked at the two stealthy assailants as her music played and tilted her head. [color=#800080]Hmmm two girls. It took you long enough to get here I must say I thought it would be an army with all the noise outside. It was getting in the way of my music, but I don't have a problem with girls though [/color]she winks. [color=#800080]Pity I wish you two had bigger breast[/color] she complains with a pout. [color=#800080]I mean what am I supposed to grab on to here. Turn around maybe you two got some goodies in the back I can have fun with.[/color]

[color=#800080]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/color]

Henry was reluctant to once again abide by this jump out in front and pray we don't get shot strategy but it seemed to be working out quite fine. Henry had floated Kazuya down the dark hall crypt place and nothing seemed to be happening. Maybe these creatures did recognize Kazuya's rules and chose not to fire. [color=#b22222][i]Yay its working[/i][/color] Henry thought until Kazuya at the two thirds mark in this hallway felt a breeze like a pocket of air had just blown by. Now Kazuya being the super skilled magician that he is didn't move, unfortunately his clothes did. The wind ruffled his pants leg ever so slightly and nearly a second later an arrow shot through the edge of Kazuya's pants and headed straight for Henry. Henry doing his best not to move had intercepted the arrow with a card. It was then that Kazuya who is now close enough can hear bowstrings being drawn letting him know that these are flesh and blood beings too. But how could they function in such with his rule in place. Not a second later what seemed like a hundreds of arrows were coming out of the shadows and as Kazuya kept his cool Henry had clearly card spammed the situation with his card spamming. Having such a simple ability makes it so that he has a lot more stamina when using it.

Henry keeping the boys alive is simply trying to figure out the situation. Trying to do so without moving. He thinks heavily at all the events that happened since they got to the seller and he has a revelation. The answer was in front of them all along though Kazuya probably figured it out as well he seems like the smart analytical type. Henry takes a deep breath and starts yelling[color=#b22222] NO LIVING CREATURE CAN MOVE OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL![/color] His noise quickly over compassed that noise of the arrows and he winced as he knew if his theory was correct and Kazuya's magic wasn't fast enough he'd be dead. Henry was in second surrounded by giant sphere of white and then he himself was being encased in white. In addition to that the arrows stopped and there were three more spheres of white as all this white light lit up the hall. Now Kazuya can see that there was no mechanical traps of any just an oddly placed crypt. Unfortunately the act of wincing and speaking are technically movement so he too had broken the law at least it was a fair law and affects everyone equally he thought as he began to be punished. When the punishment for all who broke the law was finally through whatever it was, Henry painfully stood up and gave a mighty thumbs up as if mission was accomplished. [color=#b22222]Yay we did...ouch..ouch...wait I'm okay. You're stronger than I actually thought, or maybe I'm weaker. Either way yay we won...ouch. So let's go.[/color] Henry took a couple of painful steps and was able to get into a light run. The corpses of the [url="http://genzoman.deviantart.com/art/Infinity-Hungries-284133754?q=gallery%3AGENZOMAN%20randomize%3A1&qo=2"]slashers[/url] and [url="http://genzoman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4fihpj"]archers[/url] were simply that corpses. they couldn't handle the intensity of Kazuya's magic.[color=#b22222] I must admit it took me a second but finally figured out how to win. Did you know all along though and were going to do something risky later?[/color] He said taking Kazuya's detached tone as a way of not valuing life.

Kazuya stayed quiet as he floated down the room, moving his leg slightly as he seemed to lose balance enough to make such a movement before the arrow passed, this movement though unknowing about the arrow made his Judgement magic believe he hadn't moved in a manner that would allow the arrow within 2 cm of him and hadn't moved of his own will yet thus he stayed perfectly fine. Kazuya watched carefully with his eyes as arrows were then launched from around them watching as each was stopped by a card, standing perfectly still he then heard Henry yell what Kazuya's law was the boy obviously having looked at it, something Kazuya hadn't thought of him doing.

[i][color=#000000]I told you not to look at it [/color][/i]Kazuya said through the symbols again transmitting his thoughts, his tone still detached from emotion, he then noticed the spheres beginning to appear as they affected the creatures, not noticing as one of them formed over Henry. "Punishment - Fear Torture" he then said quietly before an orb surrounded him giving him the same punishment as the others, this punishment being both physical in pain and mental in nature, small bursts of magic energy striking the body in places where though not giving physical harm they would cause pain as another set of white magic energy would wrap around the affected ones eyes, this magic then moving inside and back out again pulling with it an image of what the creature affected by it feared as it wrapped around their eyes again, this time showing a fear which they had seeming to come to life, a visual creation caused by magically filtering it's own light, discovered by the magic upon it's entry to the body that the darkness and pain the magical caused brought thoughts of into having reflected one of those once the magic had identified it, this type of punishment severely draining on Kazuya's willpower as no matter his laws it always affected him with their visions too. During the time the vision of their fear would consume the affected the barrage of painful yet non debilitating magic would continue until finally the orbs and magic dissipated, The creature's who had been in the room with Kazuya and Henry having died The fear brought up from within by the magical energy had caused a surge of adrenaline to their hearts to a level which had caused their heart to fail to work in a way that would remain life sustaining, Kazuya seeming to only just avoid such with his vision being a combination of the mass of creatures fears and his own fear, the fear of his being the thugs who killed his parents something that though causing fear had not caused much on it's own, the combination of other thoughts with it though pushing Kazuya to where he believed himself to be nearing his limit, as he escaped he wrote into the air release all golden letter disappearing.

Kazuya then watched Henry who the magic had seemingly only affected partially, due to the strain on his body his Magical energy couldn't handle the creation of that many visions and thus Henry had escaped with only the pain. As Henry began to move Kazuya walked towards him slowly, shaking his head as if trying to get the vision out of it, on his face the fear he had felt at the combination of visions and believe he had overdone himself apparent for a few seconds before disappearing, something Henry undoubtedly would wonder about as he had nothing other than the pain. "[color=#000000]risky?[/color]" he then said quietly as Henry asked about his plan, "[color=#000000]the only risk to us was caused by your defense of yourself and maybe the possibility these things had enough intelligence to use my magic, it wouldn't be capable of much in terms of physical damage though, these were weak... my magic to stop objects from coming in 2cm if we allowed them to was still up, I'd only been released fr[/color][color=#000000]o[/color][color=#000000]m it at the time it hadn't disappeared[/color]" he then said quietly his voice still detached though at his explanation of his laws that were in place of survival he turned back towards the other end of the crypt, wondering if there was a way to go further from there or whether they needed to backtrack.

Henry could only smirk as Kazuya explained the power of his magic and felt a little sad that he forgot not to look at the law but then again there was the answer. [color=#b22222]Well I guess I should work on my teammwork then shouldn't I. Though for your magic I guess should tell you [/color]he said as he stopped running and pointed to the bodies. [color=#b22222]These guys are blind.[/color] He smiled like he just solved a Hardy Boys mystery without having to read the back of the book. [color=#b22222]It makes sense doesn't it this poorly lit hallway, the constant attacks out of nowhere, and the soundproofing. I had to think about it, when I was first attacked it was when my foot touched the ground and these things heard my footstep and started attacking. Then they stopped after my wall. I think they have some echolocation thing to where they can bounce sound off objects and shoot that way. My card wall must have just appeared as a wall to them so it would be illogical to attack a wall. That brings us to your magic it was then that I remembered our fight with Michael...well your fight with Michael I get knocked out for a minute. You wrote one of your rules in a way that Luna couldn't see it therefore she was immune to it meaning one has to see your rules in order to be affected by it and you don't make any noise when you write them in the air. So the only logical explanation is that they're blind, I figure your magic can't have that gaping hole in its effectiveness so if one acknowledges the rule in any way then they have to abide by it. Yay and I was right. Hurt like Hell but I was right. [/color]

Henry put his hand up for a hi-five for teamwork whether he got one or not was another thing but he left it up there. [color=#b22222]Oh by the way it looks like we're here. [/color]Henry uses his other hand to point to an open door that looks similar to some kind of safe vault of some kind. From the outside the boys can see the young maiden clearly in mortal combat with the same slashers that had attacked them. She was holding her own by the looks of it.

Dune was disappointed he would not get the honour of taking the beast out. His plan was to draw and converge a large amount of iron above the mechalith and then cast an attraction seal below the mechalith so the giant meteor-like thing would crash at twice the force it normally would. After Simon took the thing out, yes, he knew it was Simon, he was not deceived as he could feel the difference between magics and this magic was the same as the magic Simon had used to restrain Michael, the explosion from the tower attack also blew the iron pillars away. He decided to give no comment on Simon's performance. If Simon wanted to pretend he didn't do it, Dune didn't care to point it out.

Dune walked over to the young woman who lay unconscious. [i]"Who is she? Could she have been the pilot? No... she doesn't have any sort of uniform..."[/i] Dune thought. [i]"Maybe the power source for the machine? I seen something like that done before. There once was a very talented young wizard kidnapped to power an ancient golem, I had to save the kid."[/i] Dune prodded the woman with his foot, his eyebrows creasing as she didn't give any sort of response. [color=#ff0000]"Le'Crux, c'mover here. What do you make of her?"[/color] Dune then sat down beside her and began meditating, connecting with nature and allowing more magic to flow into him and recover his power at a much faster rate. Mysteries could wait. He had to recover his Eternano first, after all, he couldn't solve mysteries quite as well when his magic reserves were low. He supposed it was fortunate that Simon intervened, as he didn't need to meditate quite as long.

After a few minutes of exchanging blows with the Mechalith, the gigantic machine amalgam resorted to a different--what some would call 'cheap'--tactic. Trying to take advantage of the fact that its opponent, Le'Crux's Entymera, was composed of living things, the Mechalith powered up its rotors to slice through the opposing magic behemoth. When the spinning blades made contact with the magical form of the Entymera, they did not have the expected reaction. Instead of slicing through the insects, the arthropods separated around the blades, avoiding harm but breaking the magical bond of their hive-mind. Le'Crux attempted to magically reform the hive-mind connection, but the effort drained him. He momentarily blacked out after that.

The islander sat up as what were left of his critters dissipated to their respective territories. Somehow the Mechalith had disappeared, leaving nearly no trace except for random bits of wrecked machinery. It wasn't until Dune had called out his name that Le'Crux had seen the unconscious girl. She didn't look like any form of soldier, or even like she was prepared for any sort of combat whatsoever. [i][color=#ff8c00]Why on earth is she here? I guess we could just wake her up and ask her. Too easy? Nah. [/color][/i]The big wizard decided to acknowledge his companion's request and head over to the girl. [color=#ff8c00]Hmm.. She doesn't look like nobility. What should we do with her? Can you perhaps give her a little shock to wake her?[/color]

The young maiden was coming too quietly as someone decided kicking her was polite. She could only hold her head like she had a massive headache. She grunted in pain slightly as she stared at the two distinctive gentlemen[color=#daa520]. I...I..I'm confused I was held up in one of the towers when it collapsed and somehow I managed to make my way out here. Where that massive machine was fighting some giant insect monster.[/color] Her face changes from that of an annoyed migraine to one of absolute fear and terror. [color=#daa520]And then I saw the light, I saw the angels come and pass judgement, they flew into sky and annihilated the night as if it had sinned in this world.[/color] She got down on her knees as if she was about to pass out again panicking and grief stricken. [color=#daa520]Tell me which one of you is capable of such magics? [/color]Her eyes look to the giant man as tears swell up within them she quickly looks to the one meditating as she wonders maybe he is the culprit behind such intense force.

Dune opened one eye to look at the girl. [color=#ff0000]"Who are you? And why does it matter who cast the magic? Stop crying and tell us what is going on. Why are you here? Do you live here?"[/color] demanded Dune. It seemed rather harsh but the girl was suspicious. He supposed the girl didn't actually come from the mechalith, but she could still be dangerous. More than once has a lady played the part of a maiden in distress to lower one's guard. Then, he softened. It would be to his advantage if he played along, or if she wasn't acting, then he supposed he shouldn't be talking with such coldness. [color=#ff0000]"What's going on? Is there a problem? I suppose we could help..." [/color]He looked at Le'Crux for agreement.

Kazuya listened at Henry's explanation of the creatures, them being blind making the soundproofing and total darkness seem to be something that would allow them to function without being defeated easily, their acknowledgement of his law from after Henry had said it allowing their defeat. "[color=#000000]And it only hurt nothing else? guess there is a limit to how many I can punish at once, that being said it was still quite a few[/color]" he then said quietly, raising his hand and lightly hi-fiving Henry more to be polite than as a reaction to feelings from their success.

As Henry pointed out a room with a female fighting similar creature to those of what they fought Kazuya walked forwards slowly watching the creatures carefully before writing in the air and reading his law as it was written, "[color=#000000]Law #1 - No one can move in an aggressive manner towards a human female[/color]" he then said, loud enough for the creatures to be capable of hearing though still quiet somewhat. Kazuya then pulled out his knife, ready to defend himself if necessary as he looked for a way to open the vault, his eyes having adjusted to the light levels of the room. If any of the creature disobeyed his laws as before they would be trapped in an orb of bright white light at which point Kazuya would announce, "[color=#000000]Punishment, Pain Torture[/color]" the creature being affected similar to those in the room with him that were killed though without the vision of their fear, only having the pain causing magical energy barrage them hopefully enough of a deterrent for them to move away quickly.

Park examined the bat woman, [color=#4b0082][i]what freak of nature is happening here, please tell me she's a succubus, not that that would be good exactly but at least some of this would be sort of explained, and is she aggressive or what this woman is a total mystery.[/i][/color][color=#4b0082][i]Then again for her to be a succubus I'd have to be dreaming and no way would I ever imagine something this absurd. [/i][i]Good lord why did I ever sign up for this, that better be a damn good rare item because I swear none of that money is enough to pay for the psychological damage I just witnessed with that girl touching herself. [/i][/color]Park continued to cock her head examining the demoness and thought that even through the craziness she could at least figure out whether the woman was hostile or not, [color=#4b0082]madame I assume you are a soldier, servant, ally of these people and you are here to impede our progress correct? If not step out of our way please me and my... [/color]Park paused not exactly knowing what to refer to Luna as, [color=#4b0082]acquatence have an important task to carry out. [/color]

Le'Crux nodded his head at Dune in agreement. The big man rose out of his squatted position, towering over the girl, before addressing her, [color=#ff8c00]Forgive my friend here. The gourd-wearer apparently has no idea of how to talk to women. Tell us, dear, how may we be of assistance? [/color]After this surprising chivalrous and kindly said statement--albeit with the underhanded insult at Dune--he turned toward his meditating, interrogative companion and began to speak, [color=#ff8c00]You know that isn't how you treat the fairer sex. Especially when they aren't hostile. Look at her, a deer in headlights. You know what: we can talk on the way to the rendezvous point. Sound good to you? [/color]Without waiting for a response from the magnet-mage, the islander picked the girl up and threw her over his shoulder before walking off in the general direction of the designated point. He left his monk-like colleague to choose among the following options: ponder the mysteries of the universe, argue with the islander's decision or follow along and ignore the girl's temper tantrum at having been thrown around like some rag doll.

Luna felt like snapping a retort back at Simon but decided against it, if they were going to make any decent progress she'd need to keep a level head and not let her temper get the better of her. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down before following Park through the window, round the side of the tower and into the room where they saw...

Luna froze on the spot, her expression caught somewhere between shock and astonishment, and yet the only thought that ran through her head was [i]"I take back everything I said about that stripper."[/i]

She stole a glance over at Park as she began talking to the dancing bat lady. Luna was already prepared for a fight even if the woman wasn't going to offer one, though she was unsure of the woman's own abilities, during her brief apprenticship to another mage she had been taught never to underestimate a person no matter how they look or act and while this woman already acted in a way that made Luna think she could just backhand her and be done with it the better part of her brain thought otherwise.

She kept silent as she and Park waited for the woman's reply, though her hands curled into fists under her dark cloak and her eyes had already turned black.

[color=#800080]Ahh don't be like that! You girls are no fun at all its almost as if you don't want to play with me. What good are bodies if you can't enjoy them with each other?[/color] Bat princess was incidentally flirting with the young maidens and she then noticed Luna's eyes turn black. [color=#800080]Seriously? Well I was hoping to avoid fatal combat seeing as you flat chested beauties were the ones to walk through my window all quiet like. But I don't know how I want to end you. Hmmm what to do what to do? Oh I know STRIP TEASE![/color] The bat mage winks and Park and Luna can here a bats screech but they can't see it. As second later a small explosion goes off right next to Park's right thigh and she deals with the damage her side leg is completely exposed.[color=#800080] Ohhh smooth skin I like[/color]. The bat lady looks at Luna second and then winks again this time the explosion is right in front of Luna's belly exposeing her abs. [color=#800080]Okay I can dig this.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Le'Crux picked and carried the lady like some caveman who just about to partake in a feast. The lady fell silent, more like shock and awe that this was actually happening than she had no words to say. It was then that Le' Crux had to have felt and amazingly sharp pain in his back and within the second his front. As he looked down he would see a large blade protruding from the side of his belly and Dune would clearly see that the woman was holding it. The blade disappeared as Le' Crux fell to the ground. She did miss all the vital spots and organs though not for lack of effort on her part. She then looked at the two men now opponents and she transformed hinto her fully armored self. [color=#daa520]PIGS, FILTH, HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS!! Niether of you know how to treat women and you will now pay for it with your lives![/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Henry was a little impressed at the girl holding her own but it was short lived as Kazuya quickly dealt with the situation. Though once again his magic was epic. He could only laugh as he looked at their target and she simply looked at them. Her eyes were a combination of confused and angry even though she had just been rescued. [color=#ff0000]Hmmm[/color] she said as she simply walked up to the boys scannng them both up and down. It was then that she did somethng rather shocking theoretically. She locked lips with Kazuya. For about a good five second she she forced her tongue down his throat and started glowing until her entire body was one yellow piece of energy it was then that she disappeared from the room with her body and essence nowhere to be found.

Henry simply looked dumbfounded as this development took place and he couldn't help but be a tad jealous of Kazuya. But there was no time to talk as a voice seemed to be comeing from the darkness. [color=#00ff00]OH Piper! Piper where are you? What did we tell you about running away? [/color]When they [url="http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=castle+age#/d2dx5f9"]lady [/url]came into view she was smply moving her head around as she was looking for something. [color=#00ff00]I know I heard noises come from somewhere down here. Man I hate being on guard duty.[/color] She finally noticed that there were two boys whom she had never met before standing next to the corpses of her fallen minions. [color=#00ff00]Oh my God no she escaped![/color]

Le'Crux managed to get to a knee despite his wound. Clearly the woman hadn't hit any vital organs, which meant she couldn't be all that hostile, but her appreciation for theatrics had gone too far. The big man recalled that the castle had a large nearby nest of Medic Ants, which he enlisted to bandage up and clean the wound quickly before any real confrontation began. He surely wasn't at 100% strength, but that didn't keep him from retaliation, or as he viewed it a verbal wit competition, [color=#ff8c00]Who is this chick Joan of Arc or something? Her magic... Requipping, right? [/color]Not really one to wait patiently for answers, Le'Crux elected to instead summon and enlarge a scorpion to utilize as a temporary steed as he recharged his magic and allowed the Medic Ants to heal him. The giant scorpion picked him up with its pincer and placed the big mage on its back before assuming a protective stance. Remembering the consequences of his rash actions from earlier, however, he elected not to immediately attack. Instead, he decided, he would wait for his partner to finish asking his volley of questions.

Kazuya watched the female approach quietly, the creatures who she had been fighting seeming to either be out of commission or not willing to move towards him. Kazuya stayed silent as she scanned him for a few seconds before she kissed him, an act which had took him by complete surprised. Kazuya had then turned slightly red, blushing somewhat having not really had much interaction with females through his life aside from short conversation. As the female kissed him she began to glow, Kazuya wondering why she did before she seemed to disappear completely, Kazuya writing the word release and dispelling his magic once more.

Kazuya turned around as he heard a voice nearby, noticing another female entering the room, as she commented on something about being on guard duty he stayed silent. Shortly after her comment she noticed Kazuya, Henry and the fallen minions saying about the escape of the female they saved. "[color=#000000]Well seeing as someone who was kidnapped by the people of this castle is merely detained here to create an excuse for war any sort of escape shouldn't be any less then beneficial for wherever you took them from [/color][color=#000000]should it?[/color]" he then said quietly, wondering if the female was going to try to attack them. In his mind Kazuya then communicated with Henry, [color=#000000][i]If she attacks us it'll probably be better to trap her then just take her out, after all if shes a guard she could serve well as a guide if we 'persuade' her to help[/i][/color].

The explosion came from Park's right blowing away any clothing covering that side of the leg. [color=#4b0082][i]Only this one, I am completely and utterly done with this I can't believe this, I swear if this becomes a regular occurance I'm going to go crazy, but for now I will kill this... whatever it is and then through her corpse out a window! [/i][/color]Park got to her knee and readied her bow letting loose two arrows of hard light towards the bat woman's wings. Then contacted Luna through their psychic link, [i][color=#4b0082]get ready to shoot lightning wear ever she decides to dodge the arrows, and after this wear are going to kill the boys for all the psychological damage we have suffered in this mission. [/color][/i]Park then moved to the side getting ready to send another volley of arrows towards the bat woman just in case she was able to dodge another volley of arrows.

Luna was still greatly put off by the woman's odd behaviour but tried not to let it get to her. However the woman quickly unleashed a strange form of magic, taking Luna off guard for a moment as Park's right leg appeared to explode, taking some of her clothing with it. Luna quickly braced herself before she too was hit with the same attack, exposing her mid-riff.

[b]"WHAT THE F*CK!?"[/b] She cursed out loud.

She quickly raised both hands, black lightning curling around both of them. Unfortunately due to the instability of her own magic she was more likely to tear the room apart than to actually hit the crazy bat lady but she was a bit too p*ssed off to be thinking straight at the moment. Seemingly ignoring Park she let loose a volley of lightning with an enraged yell, aiming to take the woman's head off.

Archived