LOCK - Thor wins

Thar

Loki vs. Thor  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which card do you vote the winner?

• Archbaron Thor the Just
    • Stone Cold Loki

[s]After several years, my blood is flowing for competitive card making again.

So if anyone is interested, post here saying so, then PM me whatever criteria you wish.

[u][b]The catch:[/b][/u]

-You must have a decent reputation in CC.
-No Fusions, Rituals, Synchros, Xyz's, etc.
-No God cards or any "one time use" monsters. Try to keep it uncommon at most.

Once an opponent is chosen (if there is more than one), I will post the cards and the match will begin.[/s]

[i][size=6][color=#FF0000][b]THIS MATCH HAS ENDED. THOR WINS 4-0. LOCK THIS THREAD.[/b][/color][/size][/i]

Alright, Thor. Let's do this~

[spoiler=Thor's card]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/uhMCv.jpg[/img]
[quote=Lore][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 4 DARK Monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Summoned in any other ways. You can only control 1 face-up "Despair King Zyx". When this card attacks or is attacked by an Xyz Monster: Destroy that monster before damage calculation. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Attach it to this card, and treat is as an Xyz Material (Max.5). Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card, or the Special Summon of a Monster; Destroy it, then inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent.[/quote][/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler=Loki'[/size][/font][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]s card][/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][img]http://i.imgur.com/zcO2a.jpg[/img][/size][/font]

[b]Cannot be targeted for an attack except by another Fiend-type monster. During your opponent's Standby phase: Look at your opponent's hand and select a monster card from it; this card becomes a copy of that monster until your opponent's next End phase. During your opponent's next End Phase: Your opponent shuffles the monster discarded this way into their deck; Destroy this card unless you pay 100 life points for each level star on that monster.[/b]
[/spoiler]

The cards are up. Let this voting begin~!

Look, Loki, if you're going to make a card, make sure that the effect actually [i]makes sense[/i].

[i]During your opponent's next End Phase: Your opponent shuffles the monster discarded this way into their deck. [/i]Yeah, and the effect of your card didn't tell you to select a monster from your opponents hand and[i] discard it. [/i]Also,you really need to clarify what "becoming a copy" actually means, as the term "copy" doesn't exist in YuGiOh. Look at Phantom of Chaos for example. Other than that, your card isn't actually worth a deck slot. I mean, what does this card give you? The off chance of revealing a boss monster, and discarding it (I have to assume the effect makes you to discard that card, as I stated earlier) and bumping this this up to a beater?

So long story short, voting for Thor, as his card actually does something and doesn't rely on your opponent for having a strong monster in hand and isn't just some off chance random beater.

I really like Despair King Zyx, image, name, effect, and overall theme. I do have a few points to nitpick though:
1. Every monster that has had a non-standard divisible-by-fifty ATK and DEF have been Fiend-Type, so if it wouldn't fit completely with that series, then why have those values?
2. "[font=tahoma,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]When this card attacks or is attacked by an Xyz Monster: Destroy that monster before damage calculation."[/font] There's no particular reason to have damage calculation, since the destruction is not by battle but by card effect anyway, and usually such effects don't involve damage calculation.
3. [font=tahoma,helvetica,arial,sans-serif]"Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Attach it to this card, and treat is as an Xyz Material (Max.5).[/font]" Probably better to have it attach monsters that are destroyed by battle or by its effect as an Xyz Material rather than targeting any monster in the Graveyard. 1 free negation and instant Xyz destruction for it is a bit too much.

[size=3][i]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 4 DARK Monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Summoned in any other ways. You can only control 1 face-up "Despair King Zyx". When this card attacks or is attacked by an Xyz Monster: Destroy that monster before damage calculation. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Attach it to this card, and treat is as an Xyz Material (Max.5). Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card, or the Special Summon of a Monster; Destroy it, then inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent.[/i][/size]

Pretty basic anti-XYZ. Easy to summon but with that (obscure) ATK I can see enough things running over it. Its last effect could be slightly overpowered but it is pretty easy to get around. As you might be able to tell, I really like it.

[size=3][i]Cannot be targeted for an attack except by another Fiend-type monster. During your opponent's Standby phase: Look at your opponent's hand and select a monster card from it; this card becomes a copy of that monster until your opponent's next End phase. During your opponent's next End Phase: Your opponent shuffles the monster discarded this way into their deck; Destroy this card unless you pay 100 life points for each level star on that monster.[/i][/size]

First effect is meh. Good defense but easy to get around it. I’m not a huge fan of getting to poke around the opponent’s hand and potentially copy something like a JD or a BLS, particularly when it lasts through your turn. The last bit is what gets me…when did it mention discarding? There was nothing indicating a discard.

Both are sort of borderline overpowered in my opinion but my vote goes to Thor for having a card that (and I believe this was already mentioned) makes sense and is far more consistent with its purpose.

The idea of Thor's card being somewhat "anti-Xyz" makes it so racist that I actually like it. It's decently powerful, decent to bring out, and quite lulzy with ti's strange stats XD

Loki's...ummm so how am I supposed to use this exactly? I can understand that it can be easily searched, summoned, etc, but frankly it looks so...unplayable. My vote: Thor.

Archived