The Reapers' Game: YCM Edition

Catterjune

Guest Hatcher

Reapers' Game? Is this a TWEWY thing?

Yes.

Oh, okay. What's TWEWY?

The World Ends With You. It was a video game released in 2008 on the DS. In it, the player assumes the role of Neku Sakuraba, an anti-social weirdo crazy person who's forced into the Reapers' Game. And then it was released on iOS earlier this year, but nobody cares.

You keep saying that. What the hell is a Reapers' Game?

SPOILER ALERT-

The Reapers' Game is a game where dead people go to compete for a second chance at life. After paying an entrance fee the Players need to find a Partner and do a bunch of missions, one every day. Meanwhile the Game Master oversees the game and gives out missions while Reapers kind of try to ass around and ruin things for the Players.

So you're going to do something similar on YCM?

Yes. I'm Game Master. Mods are Reapers. Users are Players.

O-kay. So how do I join?

You volunteer in this topic. I'll keep a list here.

Do I need a partner?

We'll discuss this later. I will however recommend you have someone in mind and discuss things to some degree with whoever it is you plan to be your partner.

What about entrance fees?

1: Half of all your points. Don't worry about donating them right here and now. Mods can automatically take them. Or maybe it's just me who can take them. IDK. Since I'm the Game Master, it doesn't matter right now.

2: Your post count.

3: The ability to PM.

4: The ability to post a status.

All of them will be refunded once the week is over except for points, for obvious reasons. Winner(s!?) receives all the points collected (or share it equally). Yeah yeah yeah, lame prize since points don't do much. I have no artistic skills but if you want an MSPaint thing too, that can be arranged.

What if an entrance fee keeps me from doing a task?

For the most part, the individual tasks assigned each day will do their best to accommodate all possible problem and try to provide alternates. (Or make it so your partner, if we decided to include that as well, can pick up the slack. If you organize with a partner, try to organize it so they don't have the same entrance fee as you.)

All entrance fees and players will be carefully cataloged in public and in private so don't try to cheat on this. "Oh uhh... he couldn't post a status!" Yes he could, we have the list.

When does this start?

Volunteering for the Game starts immediately. Just state your desire to join and your Entrance Fee here. Entrance Fees will be collected around the time when the game is about to begin. Entrance Fees (except points) will be refunded when the player leaves the game (either by losing or PMing a mod and volunteering to quit).

Reaper Game starts Saturday October 13th, 2012 around 6PM Eastern Standard Time and ends Friday, October 19th at around the same time.

tl;dr - TWEWY on YCM. I'm Gamemaster. Mods are reapers. Users are players. Volunteer in this topic. Choose one of 4 Entrance Fees, which will be collected before the game starts. Prize is points. Game Starts October 13th at around 6PM, EST.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Guest Angel Lever

Players - Entrance Fees

Justice Master - 1179 points (subject to change)

Kabbles - Ability to PM

Stone Cold Loki - Ability to PM

Mr. A - 175 Points (Subject to Change)

Wave Sine - 450 points (subject to change)

iKira - Status Updates

Daemon - Status Updates

Phantasy - Post Count

★Toyo-tan★ - Ability to PM

TheComposer - Ability to PM

Simdoggy - Status

Guest Hatcher

The tasks won't be overwhelmingly difficult, and it may partially depend on the partner you may or may not have. It could take an hour to complete a mission, it could take a minute and a half.

Tasks would probably just be: "Post here" "Post there" "Post in this status (lolEntranceFees)" "Vote in this poll" "Report this post" and maybe a few tricks here or there to make it a little more challenging then just "post here" but nothing overwhelming. It wouldn't be something that you know you'd need to take an hour out of your day to accomplish.

Guest Stone Cold Loki

So I can join by giving up my ability to PM for a week? Seems cool, I'll enter.

Oh, that's nifty. I rarely ever use PM anyway.

Wynaut?

wynaut.jpg

Count me in.

Guest Mr. A.

WE SHALL BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST. HOWEVER HALF OF OUR POINTS RANGES OUT TO 65.5 WHICH WE WILL ROUND TO 66.

66 POINTS WILL BE WAGERED BY US.

WE SHALL BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST. HOWEVER HALF OF OUR POINTS RANGES OUT TO 65.5 WHICH WE WILL ROUND TO 66.

66 POINTS WILL BE WAGERED BY US.

Royal We doesn't make you than Us Izaya

that being said, We have decided that We will expend our ability to post status updates

that's right, status updates

Guest Stone Cold Loki

Just gonna clarify that I am giving away my ability to PM to play this game.

If you already know that, awesome. Just making sure.

I don't know if I can wait 4 days. It'll fly by, but still.

Hatcher you know what you should do.

You should rename yourself HABIT and call the users who participate Rabbits and their names would be numbers like "Rabbit # 115" and stuff like that.

Very few people would know what I am talking about here.

Guess I can stay active for one week to participate. I'll offer up my post count.

You know who I want as my partner for the week if we are able to have one!

Guest Hatcher

Sorry for being drunk. I'm back now though.

Updated second post.

Hatcher you know what you should do.

You should rename yourself HABIT and call the users who participate Rabbits and their names would be numbers like "Rabbit # 115" and stuff like that.

Very few people would know what I am talking about here.

I only have one Name Change Token left from when YCM had a store for like, one week. Since YCM is stupid, I can only ever change my name once.

If the tasks are so simple, will there be extra drama added by the Reapers? Seeds of mistrust, complications, sabotage, etc?

Perhaps! o_o

IDK. Making stuff up as we go along.

I only have one Name Change Token left from when YCM had a store for like, one week. Since YCM is stupid, I can only ever change my name once.

Although I was joking, that really sucks. Like I am being firmly honest here. And you can't change it every 90 days?

And of course if you actually did that it would be copying from EverymanHYBRID. It was something they did where HABIT had a competition among "Rabbits" and it was huge. And fun for that matter. Although it would be great if you did that though.

Guest ★Toyo-tan★

28233706.jpg

Not being rude. Just showing my terrible sense of humor.

Also, does this mean I'm unable to send points? Since that would be a huge issue for somebody running a card contest.

Guest Simdoggy

I think I have the time to do this, and hey, I never use my status for anything anyway, the last time i used it was May 2011. I'll join in on this, it seems like fun so i'll wager my status.

Archived