Black Dragon, Vortimer. That is all.

[spoiler='Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer']

DARK/Dragon/Effect
1700 ATK/1000 DEF

During the End Phase of the turn this card destroyed an opponents monster by battle; You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 "Black Dragon Rider, Vortimer" from your Deck or hand.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Black Dragon Rider, Vortimer']

DARK/Dragon/Effect
2300 ATK/1700 DEF

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer": Return all monsters on the field to the hand, except this card. During the End Phase of the turn this card destroyed an opponents monster by battle; You can Tribute this card: Special Summon 1 "Black Dragon Vortimer" from your Deck or hand.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Black Dragon Vortimer']

DARK/Dragon/Effect
2800 ATK/2400 DEF

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Black Dragon Rider, Vortimer", or by it's own effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Black Dragon Rider, Vortimer": Destroy all cards on the field, except this card. You can Banish this card: Negate the Summon of your opponents monster and destroy it. During the End Phase: Special Summon this card from your Banished Zone.
[/spoiler]

Hooray for broken boss monsters.

Still, the last Vortimer is a lockdown itself: Destroy any monster the opponent currently controls, negate any further Summon he/she might attempt. Combine with "Stardust Dragon" and you get total control. And the Jinzo effect is overkill.
What you could do is remove that anti-Trap effect, and change it so he gains the Solemn-like effect ONLY if he was Summoned by the 2nd Voltimer. Also, it would be nice if you turned it into a LV monster so they get LV Support.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1350093801' post='6043319']
Still, the last Vortimer is a lockdown itself: Destroy any monster the opponent currently controls, negate any further Summon he/she might attempt. Combine with "Stardust Dragon" and you get total control. And the Jinzo effect is overkill.
What you could do is remove that anti-Trap effect, and change it so he gains the Solemn-like effect ONLY if he was Summoned by the 2nd Voltimer. Also, it would be nice if you turned it into a LV monster so they get LV Support.
[/quote]

No on the LV support, but yeah I will completely redo Black Dragon Vortimer's effect. I don't know what I was thinking when I made it, considering that the amount of effort needed to bring it out is essentially zero without a Nomi Clause. Even then, it's still OP'd.

[quote name='Majestic Star Bahamut' timestamp='1350132758' post='6043508']
It's better now.

A tough ass bugger to get around, but at least you have some sembelence of a chance now.

Nice avi btw
[/quote]

I have plans to continue along with this sort of mechanic, like starting up a Sagramore set. This set relies on heavy drawing power, which can then be used to cripple your opponent's hands. And as always, with more drawing power, the more broken it becomes.

And thnx on the avi. Cutest one I could find. <3

Archived