Because we should get another awesome V-Jump with old anime cards again!

Azuh

[b]Guardian Dreadscythe[/b]
[EARTH / Zombie / Effect / Level 7]
You cannot Summon Monsters. If a monster you control is destroyed (either by battle or card effect) and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned, you can target 1 Equip Spell Card from your Graveyard, and equip it to this card. During the End Phase, if this card is not equipped with an Equip Spell Card, destroy it.
[ATK: 2500 / DEF: 2000]

[b]Diamond Head Dragon[/b]
[LIGHT / Dragon / Effect / Level 8]
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first by Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Dragon-Type Monster on either side of the field and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The original ATK of this card is equal to the ATK of the monster Tributed by this effect + 1000. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.
[ATK: ? / DEF: 2800]

[b]Air Fortress Ziggurat[/b]
[WIND / Machine / Effect / Level 8]
This card cannot be destroyed by battle with a monster that has the same ATK. During each of your End Phases, Special Summon 1 "Ziggurat Token" (Machine-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. While you control a "Ziggurat Token(s)", this card is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Spell and Trap Cards.
[ATK: 2500 / DEF: 2000]

[b]Golden Castle of Stromberg[/b]
[Field Spell]
Once per turn, this card cannot be targetted by card effects. You cannot Summon monsters except by the effect of this card. During each of your Standby Phases, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Deck, then your opponent must send card(s) from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard equal to the Level of the Summoned monster. If your opponent cannot, banish this card. When a monster Summoned by this effect destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster in the Graveyard. You can only activate "Golden Castle of Stromberg" once per Duel.

[b]Dark Sanctuary[/b]
[Field Spell]
This card is treated as "Destiny Board" while face-up on the field. At the end of each of your turns, place 1 "Spirit Message" or "Destiny Board" card from your hand, Deck or Graveyard face-up on the field. This card gains effects if you control these card(s):
● Spirit Message "I": Once per turn, any "Spirit Message" cards you control cannot be destroyed.
● Spirit Message "N": During each of your opponent's Battle Phases, the first attack is negated.
● Spirit Message "A": Once per turn, banish 1 monster in your Graveyard to target 1 monster your opponent controls with the same Level as the banished monster and take control of it.
● Spirit Message "L": If you control "Spirit Message" cards "I", "N", "A", and "L" in the proper order, you win the Duel.

[quote name='Azuh' timestamp='1351322420' post='6054799']
● Spirit Message "L": If you control "Spirit Message" cards "I", "N", "A", and "L" [b]that were activated[/b] in the proper order, you win the Duel.
[/quote]
I think Destiny Board also needs that fix to clear things up about how the cards are played. But I love Dark Sanctuary, and Diamond Head dragon would make a great side card for Chaos Dragons (tribute LPD, crash into RDMD).

Dreadscythe is pretty awesome, and she simply refuses to die, though you're going to have an interesting time getting anything else out.
Diamond Head is an interesting Strong Wind, able to be Special Summoned, but its ATK is 1000 + the Tributed monster's ATK instead of 2400 + 1/2 the Tributed monster's ATK. It seems a bit weak when compared to Strong Wind, though, but it has potential in Chaos Dragons.
Ziggurat has been translated pretty well. With many ace monsters having 2500 ATK, it can ram into the cards owned by the heroes and come out on top. And it can use the Tokens for various Tributes. Come to think of it, Ziggurat might actually work rather well with the RL version of The Seal.
I like how you have nerfed Stromberg in a similar vein to The Seal. Might be good in a low-level Skill Drain Deck.
And Dark Sanctuary breathes new life into a (relatively) ancient alternate win condition. And it not only makes things easier for the Spirit Messages, but you get rewarded for going this route!
Great job! I'd love to see more old classics get brought back from beyond the grave!

Shumbudy doesn't like Dino Rabbit.

Dreadscythe is all right though I'm at a loss for the phylactery to equip to it. Ribbon of Rebirth perhaps?

Ziggurat's pretty cool. 2500 is an important number to tie with.

There's no reason for Dark Sanctuary to borrow the Spirit Messages at all since it effectively creates 3 new cards.

Stromberg's first effect doesn't make sense. Maybe it should negate the first effect that targets it?
Either way, if you were trying to balance the anime version, you did not succeed. You lose the Extra Deck, yes, but you can still Set, and you have perfect toolboxing. This would create interesting Decks that would be incredibly frustrating to play against. Opponent Sets a monster? Ehren. Opponent brings out Leviathan Dragon? Armored Bee. Opponent sets 4 and brings out Neos Alius? I don't want to deal with it. Evilswarm O'lantern. Have fun Sparking my invincible Field Spell.

Archived