Exodia counters that are still useful outside of Exodia

Zowayix

1) Trap Card

"Select and activate 1 of the following effects:

- Draw 1 card.

- Look at your opponent's hand. If there are any "Forbidden One" cards in their hand, banish them all, then draw 2 cards. If not, your opponent draws 1 card."

Without Exodia, this becomes Jar of Greed. Not exactly powerful, but far from completely useless.

With Exodia, this basically stops any instant win attempt dead in its tracks, and gives you a +1 to boot. And you can't abuse it to look at your opponent's hand when they're not playing Exodia, because then they'll get a +1.

2) Effect Monster

Level 4/DARK/Spellcaster

"Your opponent cannot win the Duel by "Exodia the Forbidden One". If your opponent has revealed any "Forbidden One" cards this Duel, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) during either player's turn."

0 ATK / 2200 DEF

Without Exodia, this is a decent defender. Again, not exactly powerful but far from useless.

With Exodia, this also stops an instant win attempt, can be used against FTKs, and not many Exodia Decks would be equipped to get rid of this card.

I understand the hate against Exodia, but to be honest, it gets annoying when you call every other card out there s***. A card doesn't have to be Tier 1 to be not s***. At the least it would be nice to have constructive criticism or something. I'm sure it's possible to make a good anti-Exodia card that's still perfectly viable.

Honestly, at this rate, I could probably write a card like this:

Exodia the Forbidden One

Level 3/DARK/Spellcaster

During your opponent's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up Effect monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the End Phase.

ATK/1000 DEF/1000

...and you would still call it s*** just because its name contains Exodia in it.

You've made a card that's just Jar of Greed except it has an exodia-related effect. And a monster that's a vanilla unless you're playing against Exodia.

I don't call everything s***, it's just that the stuff you're making is s***.

Anti-Exodia cards don't work because Exodia isn't viable. Not enough people play it, there's no reason anyone would run it. They only work if Exodia becomes mainstream and god knows we don't want that to happen. And if it does, Exodia gets banned, and surprise! All your anti-exodia cards are not worthless. Essentially, you're trying to make White Hole, and that just doesn't help anyone.

I'm specifically trying to avoid making White Hole. White Hole is completely, undeniably, 100% worthless without Dark Hole. These cards aren't.

But you're saying that their effects outside of Exodia are too weak to bother using. I blame the pace and status of the current metagame. Even something like Alexandrite Dragon might be considered too weak. At this rate I would not be one bit surprised if Konami made a Level 4 vanilla with 2400 ATK and people looked at it and went "meh".

I doubt that all anti-Exodia cards must be non-viable. Hypothetically, if Effect Veiler could negate Exodia as well as other Effect Monsters, would it be non-viable? Of course not.

No, I'm saying that without Exodia, one is a card we already have and the other is a card that only functions as a Normal Monster without the benefits of being a Normal Monster.

So you've basically made:

1. Card that acts like White Hole except it can and will mainly help Exodia Decks or chain burn, which is arguably worse.

1a. Card that already exists

2. A white hole that's less helpful than a vanilla. And making vanilla's is pointless.

1. Overpowered trap that banishes.

Says a man who made a Spell that adds all pieces of Exodia for a measly price of 9000 LP.

2. Effect Monster would be limited by 1. Effect Monster`s effect is probably way close to useless, since out of 40 cards, you have a 1/40 chance of getting it.

Wat?

1. Overpowered trap that banishes.

2. Effect Monster would be limited by 1. Effect Monster`s effect is probably way close to useless, since out of 40 cards, you have a 1/40 chance of getting it.

Jar of Greed is overpowered? And fighting against Exodia is overpowered? It's not like Exodia should exist in the first place.

Oh and the effect monster is useless yet would be limited to 1. Idgi.

Archived