Dimensional Frontline

Kingdom Xathers

I wouldn't mind if this card allowed you to draw 2 cards, considering you are fattening the Deck and a banished Warrior is somewhat situational (except Macro Decks of course, or with Gold Sarcophagus). The ATK/DEF boost would be a welcomed additional bonus. Fortune's Future is a similar card that also gives you 2 cards.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1352574494' post='6065793']
I wouldn't mind if this card allowed you to draw 2 cards, considering you are fattening the Deck and a banished Warrior is somewhat situational (except Macro Decks of course, or with Gold Sarcophagus). The ATK/DEF boost would be a welcomed additional bonus. Fortune's Future is a similar card that also gives you 2 cards.
[/quote]That's still a bad idea. The only reason Fortune's Future isn't broken is because Fortune Ladies are mediocre.

I would leave it as is.

Oh yeah, I forgot HEROes were Warriors, and they are all about banishing with Miracle Fusion. I only thought in D.D.s (especifically D.D. Survivor) after reading the name.

But if in only gets you a card, then how is this card better than, let's say, Jar of Greed? A situational +0 that fattens the Deck? no thanks.

[quote name='Voltex' timestamp='1352575866' post='6065819']
Oh yeah, I forgot HEROes were Warriors, and they are all about banishing with Miracle Fusion. I only thought in D.D.s (especifically D.D. Survivor) after reading the name.

But if in only gets you a card, then how is this card better than, let's say, Jar of Greed? A situational +0 that fattens the Deck? no thanks.
[/quote]It's better to be UPed than a broken card that supports an entire Type.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352575357' post='6065804']
That's still a bad idea. The only reason Fortune's Future isn't broken is because Fortune Ladies are mediocre.[/quote]
This.
Its like the same science behind Neo Spacians.
They have some pretty incredible draw power + searching, but the monsters are just mediocre(Except Mole, and something else)

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1352661431' post='6066568']
It's better to be UPed than a broken card that supports an entire Type.
[/quote]

Actually, it would be better if the card was balanced, not UPed nor OPed; how could this card be fixed?
I was thinking in turning it into a D.D. support (related by the name), and draw 2, basically trading versatility for card advantage; but that wouldn't work well because some D.D.s want to stay banished.
Maybe more restrictions could be given for the target?
Or, it could send the target to the Graveyard instead to avoid the +1 on the Deck. Yeah, having a Warrior back to the grave can be abused by Miracle Fusion/Hero Blast, but I don't think HEROes would really bother with this situational +0

[quote name='Voltex' timestamp='1352676532' post='6066966']
Actually, it would be better if the card was balanced, not UPed nor OPed; how could this card be fixed?
I was thinking in turning it into a D.D. support (related by the name), and draw 2, basically trading versatility for card advantage; but that wouldn't work well because some D.D.s want to stay banished.
Maybe more restrictions could be given for the target?
Or, it could send the target to the Graveyard instead to avoid the +1 on the Deck. Yeah, having a Warrior back to the grave can be abused by Miracle Fusion/Hero Blast, but I don't think HEROes would really bother with this situational +0
[/quote]The thing is. As a draw 1, it's a +0 and balanced. Just not good. As a draw 2, it's a +1 and broken.

Cards are always best balanced, but i think what they meant to say that between the two extremes, the underpowered cards are more realistic and would be less dangerous to the game if released.

Really though, draw 2 wouldn't be extremely broken(not to disregard it as broken at all, however). Not much moreso than ssu, or gate to dark world. Even heroes could only use it while in an already winning situation from miracle fusion, an unsearchable card. so this could still be dead quite often.

Like i said though, I'd focus on buffing it in an alternative fashion. Draws are a very unstable thing, where one draw could be too little, two could be way too much.
You might even want to change the draw into a search.

Searches tend to be a little stronger than a single draw.

Archived