Sacrifice to the Doomed

Agro

I'M GOING TO FIX OFFERING TO THE DOOMED BY GIVING YOU 2 OPTIONS

OPTION 1

Sacrifice to the Doomed

Spell / Quickplay

Target 1 face-up monster on the field; destroy that target and, if you do, draw 1 card, also skip your next Draw Phase.

OPTION 2

Sacrifice to the Doomed

Spell / Quickplay

Target 2 face-up monsters on the field; destroy those targets, also skip your next Draw Phase.

COMMENT!

I would go for Option 1. Generic destruction that doesn't give LP to the opponent like Soul Taker, while also forcing some cards to miss their timing.

Option 2 is vulnerable to Starlight Road (if targetting 2 of the opponent's cards, of course).

Which is why I actually prefer option 2 in some ways. Though being able to take out 2 monsters and choosing it is a bit silly.

The main issue with either of them is that they're all +0's. I mean compared to Reckless Greed, they both get off easily. They're fine using just one, but stacking 2-3 starts plussing. It's a nuisance.

First one is overpowered. It's an immediate +1, is a quickplay, chainable, and the "Skip your next draw phase" is entirely moot as it just gave you one card. It would become an immediate staple and eventually limited to 1 if not outright banned.

Second one is still bad, but not nearly as much. Still a +1 but resources in a way which can be hurtful to some decks. Still bad card design imo.

Maybe if they were normal spells, they'd be okay... maybe.

Other than that though, nice to see the card as anything other than useless outside of random tech choices for decks which run reckless. I personally would've just made it skip the 2nd or 3rd draw phase after activation so the minus comes later. Though that's unrealistic as Konami doesn't have enough faith in players to remember :P

Archived