My new archetype: Lumini

TekFish

Ok so I posted this in a different section but for some reason I couldn't post all of them. OK so here we go.

Name : Ilum, Mage of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1300/400
Level 3
Spellcaster/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can reveal 1 'Sacred Amulet of the Lumini' from your hand and send it to the graveyard to activate this effect, select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field, negate it's effect and treat it as a Normal Monster, until the end phase of your opponent's next turn. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponents next End Phase to resolve this effect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Lynna, Emissary of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1200/300
Level 2
Spellcaster/Tuner
LIGHT

Effect:
If your opponent controls a Normal Monster, you can special summon this card from your hand. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Taro, Strategist of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1500/1500
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can place 1 level 3 or lower 'Lumini' Monster on the top of your deck. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name, Nimhe, Warrior of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 2000/800
Level 4
Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, when this card attacks, or is attacked by a Normal Monster you can make that Monster's ATK and DEF become 0. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Dithe, Vanguard of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 500/2100
Level 4

Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, when a 'Lumini' monster is attacked by a Normal Monster you can negate the attack. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Behm, Scout of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 800/300
Level 1
Warrior/Tuner
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, if your opponent controls a Normal Monster, you can randomly select card's in his hand equal to the number of normal monsters he controls. Look at those cards and send one to the graveyard, return the other cards to your opponent's hand. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Infa, Assassin of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1700/300
Level 3
Warrior/Tuner
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, if your opponent controls a Normal Monster with ATK less than or equal to this card, you can destroy that card. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Tan, Messenger of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 500/0
Level 1
Winged-Beast/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, if your opponent controls a Normal Monster, you can look at cards from the top of your deck, equal to the number of Normal Monster cards your opponent controls, add 1 of them to your hand and send the rest of them to the graveyard. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Knol, Archer of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1600/500
Level 3
Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can destroy a Spell/Trap that targets a 'Lumini' monster you control. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Relthe, Amulet-Keeper of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 500/500
Level 2
Spellcaster/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can add 1 'Sacred Amulet of the Lumini' to your hand from your deck. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Litho, Medic of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1800/2000
Level 7
Spellcaster/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can reveal 1 'Sacred Amulet of the Lumini' from your hand and send it to the graveyard to activate one of these effects:

● Add 1 Spell card from your Graveyard to your Hand.
● Add 1 Trap card from your Graveyard to your Hand.
● Add 1 'Lumini' monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.

You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Darhle, Commander of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 2150/2000
Level 5
Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can have all 'Lumini' monsters you control, except this card, gain 500 ATK until your opponent's next End Phase. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Herlhe, Ninja of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1500/200
Level 2
Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, this card can attack your opponent directly. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Tielan, General of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 2400/2200
Level 7
Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can reveal 1 'Sacred Amulet of the Lumini' from your hand and send it to the graveyard to activate this effect. Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower 'Lumini' monster from your hand. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

Name: Sacred Amulet of the Lumini
[Spell]
Type: Normal

Effect:
If this card is sent to the graveyard, you can have 1 'Lumini' monster on your side of the field lose 500 ATK, until your opponent's next End Phase, to place this card on the top of your deck.

Name: Legendary Castle of the Lumini
[Spell]
Type: Field

Effect: Once per turn, if a Normal Monster attacks a 'Lumini' monster you control, you can have that monster's ATK halved, until the End Phase.

Name: Harsh Light
[Spell]

Effect:
Reduce the ATK of a 'Lumini' monster you control by 500. Select 1 Monster on your opponent's side of the field. Negate that monster's effect and treat it as a Normal Monster until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn.

Name: Light of Judgment
[Spell]

Effect:
Select 1 Normal Monster on your opponent's side of the field, destroy that card and inflict damage to you opponent's Life Points equal to half the destroyed Monster's ATK.

Name: Wall of Light
[Trap]
Type: Continuous

Effect:
While this card is on the field, Normal Monsters cannot declare an attack. The owner of this card must lower the ATK of one of his 'Lumini' Monsters by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve his effect.

Name: Blinding Light
[Trap]

Effect:
Activate only when a 'Lumini' monster you control is declared as an attack target, negate the attack. Card effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation or effect.

Name: Light of Truth
[Trap]
Type: Counter

Effect:
Destroy 1 Spell/Trap on your opponent's side of the field. Reduce the ATK of 1 'Lumini' monster you control by 500 to activate and resolve this effect.

Name: Advancement of Light
[Trap]

Effect:
Activate only when a 'Lumini' Monster you control is destroyed by battle, add 1 'Lumini' monster to your hand whose level is less than or equal to the level of the destroyed monster.

I hope you like them guys, positive suggestions and criticisms accepted, meaningless ranting is not :D

TekFish

Oh, it seems like you're specifically stating that they become "Normal" monsters.

In that case, I have something to say about certain cards:

Dharle basically does not gain or lose anything to activate his effect,

Harsh Light is too powerful and probably needs archetype-specific costs,

and Herlhe is pretty much useless, I suppose. Unless you make use of the spells/traps, 500 direct damage is weak.

I could give a detailed review of this, but that'd take me ages and I have to edit this post before I die. >w<

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TekFish' timestamp='1352660439' post='6066554']
Ok so I posted this in a different section but for some reason I couldn't post all of them. OK so here we go.

Name : Ilum, Mage of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1300/400
Level 3
Spellcaster/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can reveal 1 'Sacred Amulet of the Lumini' from your hand and send it to the graveyard to activate this effect, select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field, negate it's effect and treat it as a Normal Monster, until the end phase of your opponent's next turn. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponents next End Phase to resolve this effect.

[i]Once per turn: you can discard 1 'Sacred Amulet of the Lumini' to the graveyard to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; reduce this card's ATK by 500 (until your opponent's next End Phase) and if you do, negate that target's effects and treat it as a Normal Monster, until your opponent's next End Phase.[/i]

Omit "to the graveyard" in the first sentence if you do not want to require the discarded card to reach the graveyard to make the effect activtateable. As is, you can't activate the effect if Macrocosmos or a card with a similar effect ([i]any card that would be sent to the graveyard is banished instead[/i]) is activate.

This card turns your opponent's cards into vanillas [vanilla = slang for normal monster] to enable the other lumini to use thier effects right? Great addtion because the opponnet most likey won't be using any vanillas, I might make the discard a little bit more generic then 1 specfic card though. Maybe 1 card type (spell card for example), or 1 "Lumini" monster instead of 1 specific card bacause I am sure that you'll need this card's effect alot in a lumini deck.

my recomendation:
[i]Once per turn: you can discard 1 card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; reduce this card's ATK by 500 (until your opponent's next End Phase) and if you do, negate that target's effects and treat it as a Normal Monster, until your opponent's next End Phase.[/i]

Name: Lynna, Emissary of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1200/300
Level 2
Spellcaster/Tuner
LIGHT

Effect:
If your opponent controls a Normal Monster, you can special summon this card from your hand. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

[i]If your opponent controls a Normal Monster, you can special summon this card (from your hand). If you do, this card loses 500 ATK until your opponent's next End Phase.[/i]

Good idea, but don't forget to make lumini synchro(s) if you haven't already

Name: Taro, Strategist of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1500/1500
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, you can place 1 level 3 or lower 'Lumini' Monster on the top of your deck. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

I can't rate or correct this until I know where the placed monster comes from. Graveyard maybe?

Name, Nimhe, Warrior of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 2000/800
Level 4
Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, when this card attacks, or is attacked by a Normal Monster you can make that Monster's ATK and DEF become 0. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

[i]Once per turn when this card battles a Normal Monster, during damage calculation: you can reduce this card's ATK by 500 (until your opponent's next End Phase) and if you do, make that Monster's ATK and DEF 0.[/i]

It has 2000 ATK with is decent, but not overpowered on its own. The effect only being useable in a lumini deck makes this card balanced.

Name: Dithe, Vanguard of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 500/2100
Level 4

Warrior/Effect
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, when a 'Lumini' monster is attacked by a Normal Monster you can negate the attack. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

[i]Once per turn, when a 'Lumini' monster is targeted for an attack by Normal Monster: you can reduce this card's ATK by 500 (until your opponent's next End Phase) and if you do negate that attack.[/i]

Maybe add a clause like "When this card is normal summoned: you can change it to defense position" so that this card can be in face-up defense position more easily

Name: Behm, Scout of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 800/300
Level 1
Warrior/Tuner
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, if your opponent controls a Normal Monster, you can randomly select card's in his hand equal to the number of normal monsters he controls. Look at those cards and send one to the graveyard, return the other cards to your opponent's hand. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

[i]Once per turn, if your opponent controls a Normal Monster: you can reduce this card's ATK by 500 (until your opponent's next End Phase) and if you do, randomly look at cards in your opponent's hand up to the number of normal monsters they control and send one of those cards to the graveyard.[/i]

The last clause about returning the cards to the hand is uneeded since they never left the hand (deck would be a different story). I like it, and its balanced because of the low stats and since its hard to get more then 2 cards off of it.

Name: Infa, Assassin of the Lumini
ATK/DEF 1700/300
Level 3
Warrior/Tuner
LIGHT

Effect:
Once per turn, if your opponent controls a Normal Monster with ATK less than or equal to this card, you can destroy that card. You must reduce this card's ATK by 500, until your opponent's next End Phase to resolve this effect.

[i]Once per turn, you can target 1 Normal Monster with ATK less than or equal to this card's ATK: reduce this card's ATK by 500 (until your opponent's next End Phase) and if you do, destroy that target (no matter its ATK). [/i]

Maybe have this compare its ATK to the other monster's DEF? That way it can destroy more things then it could before.

my recomendation:
[i]Once per turn, you can target 1 Normal Monster with DEF less than or equal to this card's ATK: reduce this card's ATK by 500 (until your opponent's next End Phase) and if you do, destroy that target (no matter its DEF). [/i]
[/quote]

comments in the quote

I like the idea, but from what I saw, you need more cards like ilum that can turn opponent's cards into vanilllas, otherwise your going to have a hard tme winning with these cards.

Out of time, sorry!

Archived