State of the Cardmaker

Catterjune

tl;dr - Only YCMaker can fix it, [i]as far as I know[/i].

Longer version:

As far as I can tell (and I'm pretty ignorant on these types of things so I should probably be the last person to have to explain this kind of stuff) the way the card maker works is that it is an "app" for ipBoards.

The way apps work (accordian to my half-assed research on google and youtube) is that in order to upload apps onto an ipboard (and also to download them onto my own computer) I'd have to use some sort of "FTP program" directly onto YCM's server.

And the way FTP programs work (again, according to my bad research), is I need to have a username, a password, and whether it's FTP, FTPS, FTPES or SFTP. And also possibly a "port".

So I've tried dozens of combinations, and not getting any results to get into anything in the cardmaker, possibly because I'm an ignorant dumb person who doesn't know anything about ipboards or programing or computers or something.

So... that's where the cardmaker is. Anyone who knows about ipBoards or programming or anything of the sort is free to PM me or post here or throw out random suggestions or something.

Oh yeah! And if like... a bunch of this stuff didn't make sense to you, you should probably refrain from posting. "I think the card maker should [x]!" might be a fun suggestion, but if we barely know what the cardmaker does it's actually not so helpful.

Aside from Yugico, there use to be a downloadable cardmaker on Google. If someone managed to update that old fossil and upload it we [i]might[/i] be able to put it somewhere, a link at least. *shrug*

For everyone who doesn't post regularly, [url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-card-creator"]click here[/url] to go to Yugico.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1352947812' post='6069950']
Aside from Yugico, there use to be a downloadable cardmaker on Google. If someone managed to update that old fossil and upload it we [i]might[/i] be able to put it somewhere, a link at least. *shrug*

For everyone who doesn't post regularly, [url="http://yugico.com/yugioh-card-creator"]click here[/url] to go to Yugico.
[/quote]Magic Set Editor can be used. It not only makes MtG cards but Yugioh ones as well. And there is even a font you can download (matrix small caps or something like that) So your cards will look legitimate.

Yeah, you'll need either YCMaker's FTP details or for him to create you an account so you'll be able to access the server, which I can't really see him doing. So it looks like the Card Maker here won't be getting updated anytime soon... unless he's happy to do that, but that'd involve getting hold of him and getting him to do something again.

Shame that he made it an app and then (I assume) didn't create any ACP settings for it so you could edit it in there instead of editing the source code. Suppose he never thought anyone but him would need to.

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1352947891' post='6069954']
Magic Set Editor can be used. It not only makes MtG cards but Yugioh ones as well. And there is even a font you can download (matrix small caps or something like that) So your cards will look legitimate.
[/quote]

It's also easily modifiable, so changing the frame into a custom one or anything like that is easy. It's downloadable, and superior to both Yugico and YCM in that regard.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1353063576' post='6070980']
It's also easily modifiable, so changing the frame into a custom one or anything like that is easy. It's downloadable, and superior to both Yugico and YCM in that regard.
[/quote]

How do you change the font on MSE? I just downloaded it and its a pain in my ass. Ive been trying for at least an hour to change fonts.

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1352947891' post='6069954']
Magic Set Editor can be used. It not only makes MtG cards but Yugioh ones as well. And there is even a font you can download (matrix small caps or something like that) So your cards will look legitimate.
[/quote]
That's PC only. A lot of Mac users are here.

YugiCo.

[quote name='YCMaker' timestamp='1353180848' post='6071960']
Problem fixed, the cause was very strange - involved a file on the server that was modified by someone other than myself...
[/quote]

I see. It must have been one of the mods trying to fix things up in your absence. Thanks, YCMaker.

[quote name='BITW7855' timestamp='1353176924' post='6071908']
How do you change the font on MSE? I just downloaded it and its a pain in my ass. Ive been trying for at least an hour to change fonts.
[/quote]

Download MatrixBoldSmallCaps. Specifically that font. Or if you mean changing the font itself, you'll have to go into the MSE folder and open up the Yugioh data with notepad. Keep scrolling until you see MatrixBoldSmallCaps in the section you want to change, and insert the new font name.

[quote name='Mønkey' timestamp='1353177151' post='6071914']
That's PC only. A lot of Mac users are here.
[/quote]

No- no way....?!

[quote name='YCMaker' timestamp='1353180848' post='6071960']
Problem fixed, the cause was very strange - involved a file on the server that was modified by someone other than myself...
[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1353181128' post='6071961']
I see. It must have been one of the mods trying to fix things up in your absence. Thanks, YCMaker.
[/quote]
As stated above, I don't think any of us had access to the cardmaker files without YCMaker's FTP info.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1353181700' post='6071971']
As stated above, I don't think any of us had access to the cardmaker files without YCMaker's FTP info.
[/quote]

But it's the only logical explanation, apart from...[quote name='sicknastyKakashi' timestamp='1353181712' post='6071972']
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I think this calls for a motherf*ckin' OH SNAP moment, yo.[/font]
[/quote]

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1353220166' post='6072372']
Good news: Cardmaker works again, and all the cards are there.
Bad news: Now they won't upload properly to ImageShack.
[/quote]
>Right click image
>Save as a .jpg or .png to your computer
>Upload it to any image hosting site you want
>???
>Profit

Archived