YCS Barcelona

[quote name='Kettleblack' timestamp='1354314504' post='6081882']
I'm expecting Wind-Ups, they'll be played a lot and they seem popular among top players in Europe especially now we have Shock Master. Wind-Ups or a rogue.
[/quote]

I am as well. Because, yeah, bandwagoning.

And there will always be some kind of Agents player this format looking to stake his name.

Like.....me.

Also, inb4Shark.

Wind-Ups and Atlanteans are about even.

Agents can throw out boss monsters like it's nobody's business and give a lot of decks fits, but their Atlantean matchup is less than stellar.

Geargias are still Geargias. Not many of the decks cept Atlantean can really side for them too well. (because CyDra and System Down don't do enough, apparently)

Rabbit isn't what it used to be, but Macro wrecks a lot of the meta, so it at least has that going for it. For Rabbit players, here's to hoping not many people play Rabbit, or HEROs for that matter.

Chaos Dragons have a bad matchup against Agents, so that's a pretty big issue. They can compete if the hype for agents has dissipated. It really all depends on who plays what at this YCS.

Dark Worlds and HEROs seem to have all but disappeared :\ That's a little disappointing. Skill Drain HEROs may be a cool option this YCS, but we'll see. I'm not so sure we'll see them really show up till after Cosmo Blazar.

Inzektors won a YCS. The dude got lucky. I don't see that happening again... like ever.

My pick for this YCS: [b]Geargia[/b], People are siding for them less. But if people at this YCS run 2 MST because of the Atlantean matchup, be careful of a lucky Rabbit player.

My pick for Barcelona: Probably [b]Atlanteans[/b]. They have a lot of swarming and offensive power and can pretty much side really well. Their only threat is Macro, which Rabbit can utilize, but beyond that, I can see them winning Barcelona. I'm split between the three major decks atm: Atlanteans, Geargias, and Wind-Ups. Everything else might come T8, or T16.

[quote name='みゆきサン' timestamp='1354316998' post='6081918']
My pick for Barcelona: Probably [b]Atlanteans[/b]. They have a lot of swarming and offensive power and can pretty much side really well. Their only threat is Macro, which Rabbit can utilize, but beyond that, I can see them winning Barcelona. I'm split between the three major decks atm: Atlanteans, Geargias, and Wind-Ups. Everything else might come T8, or T16.
[/quote]Geargias, this format, are the Wind-Ups of last format. Which is awesome, because it sort of means that the banlist actually did lower the format a bit.

But anyway, I think Geargias will slowly descend like Wind-Ups did, and then at a certain point, they'll just explode and win a YCS.

Also, should this topic be here or in the subsection?

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1354320310' post='6081974']
Geargias, this format, are the Wind-Ups of last format. Which is awesome, because it sort of means that the banlist actually did lower the format a bit.

But anyway, I think Geargias will slowly descend like Wind-Ups did, and then at a certain point, they'll just explode and win a YCS.

Also, should this topic be here or in the subsection?
[/quote]

You mean win another YCS, right? Because they won YCS Providence.

[quote name='mido9' timestamp='1354347858' post='6082200']
There's hero support/a good hero matchup in CBLZ?
[/quote]I was suggesting Skill Drain HEROs could do something. And now I can finally use Nova Master more than just once in a while.

Archived