The Ban Pack #2

Agro

[size=6][u][b]Forbidden Pack 2: FP02[/b][/u][/size]
[indent=1][b]- 5 Cards per pack[/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b]- 1 Secret, 4 Supers per pack[/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b]- All cards in the set are available as Supers OR Secret[/b][/indent]

[b]The basic idea behind this pack is to basically make it a Premium Pack that would be released the first day of each banlist to make "replacements" for cards that are banned with or before the ban list. Can you guess which are which?[/b]

[b]Newly Banned Cards Would Be:[/b]
Dark Armed Dragon
Inzektor Hornet
Inzektor Dragonfly
Reborn Tengu
Geargiarmor
Gateway of the Six
Rekindling
Monster Reborn

[b]Pack List:[/b]

[b]EN001 Destiny HERO - Sequencer[/b]
[b][color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 1[/b]
[b][ Warrior / Effect ][/b]
If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: Banish this card and tribute 1 other card in your hand or on your side of the field; Draw 2 cards. This effect of "Destiny HERO - Sequencer" can only be activated once per turn.
[b]ATK / 300 DEF / 300[/b]

[b]EN002 Magician of Hope[/b]
[b][color=#ffd700]LIGHT[/color] / Level 1[/b]
[b][ Spellcaster / Effect ][/b]
FLIP: Target 1 Spell card in your Graveyard; place that card on the top of your Deck. The effect of "Magician of Hope" can only be activated once per turn. When you activate that card, or a card with the same name as that card, banish all copies of that card from your hand, Deck, and Graveyard.
[b]ATK / 300 DEF / 400[/b]

[b]EN003 Wicked Wyvern[/b]
[b][color=#0000ff]WATER[/color] / Level 1[/b]
[b][ Reptile / Effect ][/b]
During your End Phase: You can discard 1 card; add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.
[b]ATK / 300 DEF / 250[/b]

[b]EN004 Dark Gungnir[/b]
[b][color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 7[/b]
[b][ Dragon / Effect ][/b]
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having exactly 3 DARK monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. You can only control 1 "Dark Gungnir".
[b]ATK / 2800 DEF / 1000[/b]

[b]EN005 Inzektor Wasp[/b]
[b][color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 3[/b]
[b][ Insect / Effect ][/b]
Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster from your hand or Graveyard to this card. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster's Level is increased by 3, also it gains ATK and DEF equal to this card's ATK and DEF. While this card is equipped to a monster: You can send this Equip Card to the Graveyard to target 1 card you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy those targets.
[b]ATK / 500 DEF / 200[/b]

[b]EN006 Inzektor Mayfly[/b]
[b][color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 3[/b]
[b][ Insect / Effect ][/b]
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Inzektor" monster in your hand and 1 "Inzektor" monster in your Graveyard; banish 1 of the targeted monsters and equip the other targeted monster to this card. If an Equip Card(s) is sent to your Graveyard while equipped to this card (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon 1 "Inzektor" monster from your Deck, except "Inzektor Dragonfly". While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster's Level is increased by 3.
[b]ATK / 1000 DEF / 1800[/b]

[b]EN007 Reborn Kappa[/b]
[b][color=#008000]WIND[/color] / Level 4[/b]
[b][ Beast-Warrior / Effect ][/b]
When this face-up card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Banish 1 "Reborn Kappa" from your Deck. During your next Standby Phase after this effect's activation, Special Summon it. The effects of "Reborn Kappa" can only be activated once per turn.
[b]ATK / 1700 DEF / 400 [/b]

[b]EN008 Geargiactor[/b]
[b][color=#a52a2a]EARTH[/color] / Level 4[/b]
[b][ Machine / Effect ][/b]
Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When this card is flipped face-up: You can choose 1 "Geargia" Monster Card from your Deck and put it on top of your Deck, except for "Geargiarmor".
[b]ATK / 1100 DEF / 1800[/b]

[b]EN009 Barrier Knight Brionac[/b]
[b][color=#0000ff]WATER[/color] / Level 6[/b]
[b][ Warrior / Synchro / Effect ][/b]
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can discard any number of cards to the Graveyard to target the same number of cards on your opponent's side of the field; return those targets to the hand.
[b]ATK / 2300 DEF / 1400[/b]

[b]EN010 Barrier Knight Trishula[/b]
[b][color=#0000ff]WATER[/color] / Level 9[/b]
[b][ Warrior / Synchro / Effect ][/b]
1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Banish 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard. When this card inflicts battle damage by attacking the opponent directly: You can banish 1 random card in your opponent's hand. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 card on your opponent's side of the field.
[b]ATK / 2700 DEF / 2000[/b]

[b]EN011 D.D. Breakthrough[/b]
[color=#008000][b]Spell[/b][/color]
Pay 1500 Life Points to target 2 of your banished monsters; Special Summon them. They cannot attack, their effects are negated, and they are destroyed at the End Phase.

[b]EN012 Rejuvenation of the Haunted[/b]
[b][color=#008000]Spell[/color] / Equip[/b]
Pay 800 Life Points to target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position and equip it with this card. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster.

[b]EN013 Shien's Palace[/b]
[b][color=#008000]Spell[/color] / Continuous[/b]
You can only control 1 "Shien's Palace". Each time a "Six Samurai" monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned, place 1 Bushido Counter on this card. If the following effect is activated, you cannot place Bushido Counters on the field for the rest of the turn. Once per turn: You can remove all Bushido Counters from your side of the field to activate one of these effects based on the number of Bushido Counters on this card:
● 2 Counters: Target 1 face-up "Six Samurai" or "Shien" Effect Monster; that target gains 500 ATK until the End Phase.
● 4 Counters: Add 1 "Six Samurai" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
● 6 Counters: Target 1 "Shien" Effect Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

[b]EN014 Bonfire Ignition[/b]
[color=#008000][b]Spell[/b][/color]
Target 2 FIRE monsters in your Graveyard with 200 DEF; Special Summon those targets. They are banished at the End Phase or if they leave the field. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate 1 "Bonfire Ignition" per turn.

[b]EN015 Freeze Frame[/b]
[color=#ee82ee][b]Trap[/b][/color]
Skip your opponent's next Draw Phase. Your opponent draws 1 card at the End Phase. You cannot conduct the Battle Phase of your next turn after this effect is applied.

Brio doesn't seem limited at all, because you can still throw away your hand and sack the field just like the old one. I'd make it "Once per turn: You can discard up to 2 cards; return an equal number of cards on your opponent's field to the hand. This card cannot declare an attack during a turn in which you activate this effect."

[quote name='Legendary Dragon' timestamp='1355516270' post='6093141']
Is Rejuvenation like a replacement Monster Reborn?
[/quote]I think I forgot to ban reborn as well, but no, it's a replacement Premature Burial.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1355516275' post='6093142']
Why does Sequencer have a "once per duel" clause?
D-HEROs have absolutely no Banish-support, so you have to use outside help if you wish to use it's effect multiple times.

Also, I'm tempted to say Wasp is busted.
Mostly, shenanigans with that sword and other Inzektor cards.
[/quote]What makes you think Sequencer is going to be used solely D-HEROs?

And I figured making Hornet a -1 was good enough. I mean, having to need extra cards in the combo to make it plus at all seemed fair.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1355516623' post='6093148']
Brio doesn't seem limited at all, because you can still throw away your hand and sack the field just like the old one. I'd make it "Once per turn: You can discard up to 2 cards; return an equal number of cards on your opponent's field to the hand. This card cannot declare an attack during a turn in which you activate this effect."
[/quote]Brio no longer loops or reuses cards on your field that would break it.

It's a lot less of an issue than it was as a dragon.

It's "essence" wasn't that much of a problem. Sure, the bounce was powerful, but it wasn't game-ending or too powerful to overcome easily.

The problem with it was that it could do it over and over and over in a turn while looping and reusing your continuous cards. This can't.

I'm conflicted with Freeze Frame. I understand that it's use is to stop your opponent from making that play, while still getting them that card, but what's the point if you can't attack them for that extra push? I understand that you don't ant to make this a "kick'em while they're down" card, but still . . . If you activate this , assuming it's only real use is during your turn before your opponent draws, it just puts the duel right back to where it was before. With your field full of whatever you have and your opponent with the same amount of cards they would have had in their hand as if Freeze Frame was never used. The rest are awesome, imo.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1355517991' post='6093177']
Aside from The Shining.... ?
[/quote]Kinka-Byo

Checking up on Mayfly+Wasp +'ing

Mayfly
Banish a card to equip Wasp +0
Detach Wasp for effect -1
Effect Mayfly +0

So as far as I can tell, it'll be almost impossible to +10 off Mayfly and Dragonfly unless you're comboing, which is a lot more balanced than straight up smashing.

It needs to be "Geargiatractor", unless you don't want it to be part of the archetype. Also, in the text, you reference Geargiarmor.

Also, I feel like Hope is a little overkill in terms of its last line. It's written such that your opponent could play the Spell card at the same time that you do, and kill the Spell that you have yet to use. I think going to the deck is a sufficient cost, anyway.

[quote name='Bringerofcake' timestamp='1355717442' post='6095540']
It needs to be "Geargiatractor", unless you don't want it to be part of the archetype. Also, in the text, you reference Geargiarmor.

Also, I feel like Hope is a little overkill in terms of its last line. It's written such that your opponent could play the Spell card at the same time that you do, and kill the Spell that you have yet to use. I think going to the deck is a sufficient cost, anyway.
[/quote]I've edited Geargitractor to be Geargiactor and edited Hope's last effect.

I must say, these cards are really well-balanced re-designs. I think Magician of Hope is a little too weak. Doesn't really have many abusable targets that would require banishing all other copies that I can think of off the top of my head. The fact that the card it returns to top of deck becomes public knowledge should be enough. Geargiarmor's re-design is too neutered, it's pretty much unplayable at this point. The simple -100 DEF would be enough and with Rai-Oh being a popular card these days, Armor's not even that much of a threat. I like Sequencer, not as abusable as Commander but still very good for Destiny Hieratics. Reborn Kappa and the new Trishula are very playable and balanced, again great job. Rejuvenation though is questionable as it can essentially become 4 Premature Burials with Hidden Armory, assuming it's meant to be limited.

It's just the fear of adding a spell card from your Graveyard to your hand (top of the deck is close enough to call it the hand) that's keeping that restriction on.

Geargiactor is fine. You can choose to hate on it if you wish.

I may consider adding a "once per duel" restriction on Rejuvenation.

Archived