Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Trinity [IC Thread/Started/Accepting/CoHost-TheFinalFan]

Barian Warlord

"This has gotten very interesting."
Travis was having lunch at the local cafe when he heard a loud explosion. Curious, he ate his meal, payed for it, then went to see what was going on. He got to the source, at some high school nearby, and witnessed a duel between some lady in the military and what appeared to be a cyborg. At the moment, it looked like the cyborg had the upper hand, but on closer inspection revealed that she was distracted by something in the crowd. [i]These folks are skilled, [/i]Travis thought. [i]I wonder if I could win against either...[/i]
Travis, feeling a prescence from behind, looked around and saw something in the bushes nearby. Whatever it was, it was looking at the duel going on. Travis thought about it, and decided to ignore the thing, continuing to watch this exciting match.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connor had been waiting for the boy’s (Lucas) answer when he felt someone’s emotions spike, and quickly turned to see military woman staring eyes wide in shock. He tugged on Aria’s shirt, and she also spun to face the woman, her eyes widening as well.

“Thanks for asking to help us, but we’ll get going now,” Aria said quickly as walked as fast as she could past Lucas, nearly dragging Connor, trying to avoid catching any more attention to herself.

It was at that moment that a military grade vehicle drove on to the grounds of the school, and was then that Aria and Connor broke into a run their covers blown.

“Not so fast little buggers,” two strong hands snatched Aria around the waist, and the same happened to Connor, both of them trying to wrest free, but well it was the strength of a 15 and 17 year old versus two trained soldiers. “You’ve evaded us for quite some time Fontanes, but not this time. This time I believe you’ll be coming with us.” The twins were turned to face a well-built African American man, with graying hair walking towards them. “Maybe I should introduce myself, I am Roland… well my last name, that would be classified.” Roland said chuckling.

“And what might you want…” Aria was cut short as Roland put a gun to her head, this would most likely gather some attention, and elicit a few gasps.
“Ms. Fontane, I’m going to politely tell you to shut the hell up, I don’t want to deal with your teenage lip, but I wouldn’t put a gun to your head just for that reason, we also want to make sure your brother doesn’t try to use any of his powers.

Roland then turned to face the crowd, “Now wasn’t that a good show, why don’t you give a hand to these brilliant actors. This is a live trailer for a movie that will be in theaters soon! Alright everybody we should get back to the van, and head back to the studio.” As they walked back to the truck, Roland bent down and whispered in Aria’s ear “You will tell me everything, and [i]anything [/i]you know about the Numbers.”

With the duel over and Suess claiming victory over the mysterious evil doer who threatened to destroy the planet he had ordered Marty and the team to do a "data dump" on this whole numbers collection. In other words they were to leave and go do some information gathering about "Numbers." It was most likely that they would come up with nothing he hasn't already found out through his own obsessive compulsion but there was always a possibility. He was rather annoyed with that battle. True it was epic in that his opening pro move made him fall right into his enemies play strategy but his opponent didn't summon a super awesome and epic boss monster of greatness that it wouldn't have taken Suess a miracle draw to overcome. Of course he is over looking the fact that his field spell and his deck allows him to spam boss monsters like the antagonist he is looking for but that was not of any concern for now. Sense he declared victory his opponent seemed to have vanished. Suess assumed this was natural and that whoever this was had to go tell the rest of the evil organization of the awesome power of the duelist he just lost too. In short Suess' ego was getting heavily inflated.

The helicopter took off and he was now by himself. It didn't matter though he was an adult, in the eyes of the law, he should be fine. He was about to walk out of the stadium we he heard the faint squawk of what he could only assume was a bird. He looked left, he looked right and he could still see no one. But after one final scan he saw it. There was some gruff looking man with a bird on his shoulder. That means it can only be one thing. [color=#008000]A PIRATE!![/color] He yelled out loud hopefully gaining the attention of the sea dweller. He ran over to man with a cartoonish cloud of smoke trailing him. He never saw a real live pirate before but he was pretty comfortable writing about them in his children stories. Without any retainers he was simply staring at this man and his bird trying to figure out what to do next.

[color=#008000]So do you speak English or do you speak in ye'olde pirate English![/color]

Blaine’s attention on the duel with the military woman verses the cyborg was getting dull within every second as it was getting nowhere. The woman was literally Summoning unbelievable monsters out of that were virtually overwhelming in ATK alone to any Duelist. Meenwhile, the cyborb had one Continuous Spell Card that would basically keep him safe from any of the woman’s assaults, because she would only maintain one monster, as a weakness. Sure power level was filling Blaine with disgust… But there wasn’t much both of them could actually do to each other at that moment. [color=#daa520][b]“Tch, we can all [i]stall[/i] you know. I want more acti-”[/b][/color]

Blaine was immediately thrown off guard when he heard the commotion from behind, which involved several trained soldiers and two teenagers around his age, which he didn’t recognise to be from school. But from hearing what the soldiers were saying, even Blaine arched an eyebrow as he glanced back at the duel, remembering what was said there before the duel began. [color=#daa520][i]‘Those soldiers must be affiliated with that woman, who didn’t buy what the terrorist guy said about being a illusionist. Yeah, definitely filmed and fixed… Heartland High School is definitely going in the shitter with the teachers believing these phonies,’ [/i][/color]
The alienated mark of Blaine’s Number appeared on the palm of his right hand, as he immediately responded by placing it in his pocket.[i][b] “They are after the Negative Numbers puppet,”[/b][/i] Number -23 informed Blaine, fairly obvious. [i][b]“However, they are hunting them as individuals and not a group. In fact, they probably never expected competition among themselves,” [/b][/i]
Blaine was completely shocked at how his Number addressed itself in a plural.[color=#daa520][i] ‘Negative Numbers?... You said you were a one of a kind card that got that number randomly,’[/i][/color]
[i][b]“Nevermind. I would recommend not making yourself look suspicious. You’ve seen enough of this. Now go pawn,”[/b][/i] Number -23 ordered as the mark vanished.

After a few seconds, Blaine shrugged. [color=#daa520][b]“Whatever,”[/b][/color] he muttered looking around at the surrounding area. [color=#daa520][b]“Tch, great [i]live[/i] trailer,” [/b][/color]he responded fairly sarcastic, as he could see many flaws in one if it was actually a real live trailer. As he was ordered by his Number, he left towards the inside of the school building as even he knew the whole scam that they were all making was beginning to fall apart.

Yue was continuing to observe the duel but other things had began to creep into her attention, after standing around for a while her overly active senses had begun to pick up other things in the surroundings, what sounded like some kind of large mechanical device some distance away though Yue shrugged it off as just a trash bot or something. The real interesting things didn't start happening until a commotion began near where the pair were duelling, Yue heard something loud and heavy pull up followed by a lot of heavy rapid footsteps and some yelling. She paused, straining her ears to try and focus on the conversation, most of the other bystanders were keeping quiet anyway as they watched, naturally not doing a thing to step in.

Her eyebrows raised as she heard several people gasp in shock, unaware of exactly what they were gasping about, though it seemed like the yelling had stopped for the moment. She caught a few words of from an older man, speaking in a very threatening tone and mentioning something about 'powers'. This caught Yue's attention almost immediately. The man's tone then changed as he addressed the crowd, weaving some story about a 'live action movie trailer', since when did movies have live action trailers? That sort of thing would more likely start a riot. She caught some hushed whispers from the man as the 'actors' were led away, not able to pick up much but definitely noticing that he mentioned the word 'numbers. Now he definitely had Yue's interest.

A plan began to form in her head followed by a smirk on her face as she began walking in the general direction of the truck, keeping her cane out in front of her. As she passed by she purposely wedged her cane between the feet of one of the soldiers holding, tripping him up and sending him into the guy in front and hopefully creating enough of a distraction for the two kids to get away. Yue immediately jumped back from them and did her best to act surprised.

[b]"Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't notice you there,"[/b] she said in a mock apolagetic tone, trying her best to hide her smug grin.

"Pirate??!! Errr what pirate?" Spencer says as he looks around in all directions frantically. His forehead begins to sweat a bit due to catching unnecessary attention, especially from such an outgoing human being as the one in front of him. Quickly giving up after looking around for a while he sighs and looks down as he remembers that he is not an actual pirate and just a sailor.

"No im not a pirate, im simply a sailor visiting this city for the first time. I heard the sound of a duel monsters game when I was walking through here and I wanted to check it out. I do dream of becoming a pirate one day though, hence the clothes." He finishes with a faint smile, raising his coat a little for reference. He then looks at his parrot and back to the human.

"This is Rosebud, my name is Spencer Weiss, and yes I speak Amer--errr English, english. I tend to say pirate ole english but I prefer to talk normal english... is too much of a hassle... [i]matey[/i]" He finishes with a wink and extends his hand in a greeting gesture.

Suess didn't hide his disappointment because his face turned into an instant cartoonish frown. He still shook the mans hand in an effort to be somewhat polite. Since he has the wisdom and self control of a child his facial affect is completely inappropriate. Though once he realized that this person, this Weiss fellow was a person who also dabbled in the trading card game then he noted that this man maybe of some use to him. These stories of heroes always need a sidekick and someone must have a momentary turn to the dark side only to be liberated by a back and forth card battle with their friends. Yes, this could work. This man could be of use. Though sure he could have something else going on with his life and he could be here on important business. [color=#008000][i]Nah he looks boring and eventful bar the random bird on his shoulder. Hmmm maybe he knows something about that boat he passed on his way here.[/i][/color]

[color=#008000]Rosebud...like the sled? Well how do you do there Mr. Wiess? I'm on my way to a seemingly nearby, but oddly obstacle ridden high school where I hope to find information about an ancient evil that threatens to end the world. Would you like to tag along?[/color]

High School? Spencer thought, he didn't expect visiting a high school, especially due to his age but by the looks of it this Suess fellow seemed like someone that might introduce him to the city. Although he did get this weird vibe from the guy so he tried to keep to himself. Rosebud however seemed to like the fellow, flew to his shoulder and started to caw happily. Spencer tried not to smile since he still felt uncomfortable around Suess.

"It seems Rose likes you. First time I have seen her fly off my shoulder like that. So where is this high school you speak of? I guess me and Rose can take a walk around another part of the city." Spencer said finally letting out another faint smile.

Roland had a steady hand on the backs of the two children so when one of his subordinates bumped into him he clamped down on the children’s shirts half to make sure they couldn’t escape, and half to steady himself. He turned to face Yue, and was about to tell her accident his @$$ when he noticed the walking stick she held in her hand, and realized she was blind. So, assuming she was just a clumsy civilian, Roland replied smoothly, “Why there’s no trouble at all ma’am, just be careful were you’re walking text time.”

Once they reached the “van” Aria and Connor were loaded in first, then Roland, and finally each of the remaining soldiers, and the “van” drove off the passengers, assuming that each of the people at the high school were clueless as to what had actually happened. As the car swerved in and out of traffic Roland turned towards the two children, “Now before we get to your brother’s powers you will tell me about the Numbers in your possession, and then turn them over to me… understood?”

“Uhhh… how about no. See we have information you need, so what’s the worst you could do to us, kill us? See the way I see it is that if you kill us you lose the information you want, so what are you going to do?” Aria said feigning nonchalance, but inside she was terrified she didn’t know what this Roland guy was planning, and playing with their lives was a risky move.

“No I wouldn’t kill [i]you [/i]per say, but I would certainly kill your grandmother, I have two men ready to kill her as soon as I give the word. “ Roland stated with a confident smirk, he was well aware that he had won.

“Fine,” Aria hung her head in defeat, she was running out of options their original plan was if they ever got caught was for Aria to stall, while Connor figured out a way to escape, but Roland was quickly diminishing the time she could give Connor.

“Now let’s try this again, I will ask and you will answer. Are we clear on this?” It was phrased as a question, but Roland’s tone suggested otherwise.

“Alright, first question.” Aria replied leaning against her seat.

Oh look he was now a stool for the bird to sit on. If that thing had an accident on his suit he was sure to kill it, eat it, and feed the bones to some...thing somewhere. Nevertheless he found his sidekick and it didn't require nearly ten percent of the work he thought it would. Though to be honest there wasn't that many thing he had to do. Great now let's get going the fate of the world and most likely the universe hangs in the balance. He pause to celebrity the start of his new journey. OH wait this could probably be a battle for multiple worlds and multiple universes. Yes this was something great indeed. Suess and his new friend Weiss would eventually find there way out of that stadium, with a lot of side stops and distractions. Suess was basically stopping every five minutes because he wanted to try something he saw in the concession stands. It was an odd combination of tedious and gluttonous, but they eventually finished.

Thanks to some stalking and cyber research Suess was able to note that the main characters who participated in the last crisis were all students at this one High School. That seemed like a logical pace to begin the hunt. Maybe it was there that he would figure out a name for this supposed enemy. Unfortunately he's never been to this Heartland High School or what have you nor did he notify anyone ahead of time of his arrival. Well what is a journey without a couple of surprises one down the line? He was literally frolicking down the street to the school.

[i]Ok...What the hell was that?[/i]
Travis noticed something shine out of the corner of his eye. Within the crowd, he caught a glimpsed of someone putting their hand into their pocket. The person's face became very serious-looking and worried about something. Suddenly, his mind pulsed and he saw an aura around that guy's hand and deck. He also noticed similar forces around the two people dueling. [i]Huh, [/i]he thought.
[i]Things have gotten really odd, really quick[/i]. Travis recounts the odd things that have been happening around here. [i]First, there is this duel going on between a military woman and a robot. Second, there is this thing spying in the bushes doing something unknown. Third, this military vehicle comes up, two people come out, grab two people that were trying to run away, and took them away with them. Now, I am seeing an odd darkness around a few people in this crowd. Weird, but this can't be just coincidence any more... Maybe that guy knows something...[/i]
He took a deep breath, mulled it over a bit, then decided to approach this person with that aura in the crowd. [i]Well, here goes...[/i]
"Hey, is your hand OK?"

Blaine literally jumped at the sound of the voice that intercepted his escape. A voice he didn’t recognise.[color=#daa520][i] ‘Impossible… He can’t have noticed what was happening between me and -23!’ [/i][/color]Blaine thought, churning his teeth in the cold silence between them to think of a reasonable excuse or digression to continue to remain unknown.

Casually turning around to face the figure, Blaine analysed the adult that came out of nowhere to see him. [color=#daa520][i]‘Paupers, paupers everywhere,’[/i][/color] he thought as even him was not impressed by what was happening, as he felt disgusted by being stalked by the scruffy man. Blaine then revealed his right hand – which was clear because his Number was only active for a few seconds – to show that nothing had happened, before pulling out his irrelevant left hand out of his pocket.

From the few seconds of silence, Blaine’s emotions were stoic and patient, to eventually get the opportunity to find any weaknesses within the man and humiliate him. But seeing even that as a flaw because he needed to end this quick, he replied to the man with a retort. [color=#daa520][b]“Why are you here? I guess you’re working with one of them… An undercover agent? A Terrorist? A Stalker perhaps?” [/b][/color]he asked scowling a bit, before unleashing his rage to try and repel the enemy. [color=#daa520][b]“Nothing is wrong with my hand. Can’t you see what’s going on?! Perhaps you would realize you’re in a f*cking school, not the Heartland Square!”[/b][/color]

"Oh, um, I'm sorry," Travis replied, "But there was an explosion that led me here and I may or may not have seen an odd light from you..." He decided to keep the dark aura a secret for now, but it was still there in his deck, though smaller than before. "I'm just an observer that was just watching this duel. Will you calm down?" This guy was so tense you would think he is a worldwide criminal or something. Approaching this guy seemed to be a bad idea. "I know it may or may not sound weird," Travis started, trying to calm this crazy guy down, "but I just like dueling and these duelists are odd. You know, a robot versus military isn't something you see everyday."
Travis took a deep breath. "Look, if you're still angry, then may I suggest looking that way, in the bushes over there?" Travis directed this guy's attention to the unknown thing spying nearby.

[color=#daa520][i]‘Odd light?’[/i][/color] Blaine thought mentally chuckling considering it was the day, but it did prove a valid point that other people could easily sense the symptoms of him holding a Number, like he was carrying a disease. However, Blain couldn’t tell how the other people see it and if he figured out if it was the use of a Number that can sense other Numbers, these people that collect the Numbers would find then easily.[b][color=#daa520] “Pft, that crisis is merely a[/color][color=#daa520] [i]live trailer[/i] [/color][color=#daa520]for a[/color][color=#daa520] [i]movie [/i][/color][color=#daa520]coming in the theater [/color][color=#daa520][i]soon[/i][/color][color=#daa520]. Apparently,” [/color][/b]he replied sarcastically, heavily emphasising the words. [color=#daa520][b]“And yeah, I agree. All the people who think it’s their business to trick gullible Teachers is odd,”[/b][/color]

Blaine was fairly relaxed easily countering anything the young adult was saying. But, his eyes were drawn when the guy said something about looking in the bushes. [color=#daa520][b]“Fine, I might as well use it as the excuse to stick along longer,” [/b][/color]he mumbled as he looked at the bush from the perspective they were at to see the object, expecting it to be a camera or something that the [i]actors[/i] left accidentally. [color=#daa520][i]‘This better not waste my time,’[/i][/color]

Eventually, Blaine accompanied Travis on the investigation as he walked towards the bush.

Lucas was confused when the two people he was talking to were suddenly taken away as what the person claimed was part of a movie, he thought something was wrong but it wasn't until Boke began following them that he knew something was wrong. Lucas thought to himself that sometimes it was good to have a friend who no one else could see as he called his duel runner and began following the truck when his suspicions were confirmed when Boke returned.
[color=#ff0000]"Hey that guy is asking them about Numbers, do you think they have any?"[/color]
[color="#0000ff"]"By what just happened probably and it looks like we'll be helping them out."[/color]
Soon Lucas had caught up to them and got in front of the vehicle holding the two siblings and spun out forcing both himself and the van to stop then he sat up in his duel runner and began to speak to the people he had stopped.
[color=#0000ff]"I know this isn't a movie and your just after the Numbers so if you want them you'll have to duel me for them, you win you get all our Numbers and anything else you want, I win and you stop looking for the Numbers and leave us alone."[/color]
If Roland could pull up a file on Lucas he'd know that he was trouble, one of his "family friends" was Kite Tenjo a man who help absolute authority in Heartland City and was on a list of people the military wasn't supposed to mess with do to the his technological level being hire then anyone else on the planet. If Roland wanted to get through he'd have to do it by dueling.

"Oh hey, about that teacher thing, the same applies back to you, Mr. Suspision," Travis remarked as they headed towards the bushes.

Arriving at the suspected area, Travis and his unfriendly companion find what seems to be a drone of some sorts. It was a white orb thing with a camera within it peering out into the crowd.

What to do, what to do, Travis thought. He questioned himself, Should I get involved with this thing and it's controller? If I do, I'll probably regret it... but if I don't, It'll bug me a lot. He turned to the stranger and asked,

"What do you make of this? Should we bust it or take it or something?"

Oh, how getting involved leads to decision making, Travis thought. This is why I shouldn't be involved in a lot of things.

Archived